Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 1120 Park Avenue - Petaling Jaya Selatan v2, Jln PJS1/50, Petaling Utama, 46150 PJ

views

TeannaLim
post Jun 25 2011, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

I passed by the site today and there was no activity. Also, the squatters are still staying in their tents. Made me wonder if the project is now abandoned.
TeannaLim
post Jul 11 2011, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(Trustproperty @ Jul 11 2011, 08:51 AM)
Hopefully this week they will start work
I drove by last weekend and saw that they have built a fence where the squatters were. I believe the squatters have shifted out and work should start very soon.
TeannaLim
post Oct 3 2011, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(ericwen @ Sep 28 2011, 01:10 AM)
is this property still available to buy from developer? what's the market price? is this the one in damansara damai and develop by mk land? hmm?
Hi ericwen

Where do you come from? You may get the necessary information from the 1st page of this forum or the URL at http://www.1120parkavenue.com/ for details on the developer. Also the heading shows "1120 Park Avenue - Petaling Jaya Selatan v2, Jln PJS1/50, Petaling Utama, 46150 PJ" which is definitely not in Damansara Damai. The project has been fully sold.
TeannaLim
post Nov 5 2011, 07:52 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Looks like problems are brewing in the horizon again for the developer/buyers of 1120 PA. Please read Free Malaysia Today on "Low cost flat owners threaten march to MB’s office":-

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/11/0...%80%99s-office/

Hope the above will not affect the progress of construction.

This post has been edited by TeannaLim: Nov 5 2011, 07:55 PM
TeannaLim
post Nov 20 2011, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(kimgary2010 @ Nov 20 2011, 12:35 PM)
R u a buyer of 1120 ??
If you not a buyer of 1120, why you so care about the progress ??

I knew a lot of non 1120 buyer actually very happy to read the news which not good to 1120 ...
What the hell happen to this world ??
you not a buyer then you wish and happy to see the construction delay or abandon izzit ??
Then I also curse you, what the houses you bought also got hantu.
i am a buyer & even if I am not, you don't have to react like you did. Did my post indicate anything that I am happy with the protest? Are you so afraid of your own shadows to curse your future neighbour(s)? If my unit is haunted so will be yours.
TeannaLim
post Nov 26 2011, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(limyusiong @ Nov 24 2011, 07:05 PM)
Any more update...mine is UOB,not OCBC le...
Mine is also UOB and I just received a progress payment request dated 21/11/2011 from the developer for the work done on sewerage and drains for Block B3. So far no communication from the bank.
TeannaLim
post Dec 2 2011, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(3m3 @ Nov 30 2011, 04:47 PM)
I just received the letter from bank to alert me that the 2nd progressive payment was released. The progess is too slow and I think this project unable get to deliver as agreed in the S&P. T_T
My UOB has released the 2nd progress payment today.

Relax. The project (for phase 1) still got 13 months to go and I am quite confident that it will complete on time barring any further interruptions from the squatters.

This post has been edited by TeannaLim: Dec 2 2011, 12:59 PM
TeannaLim
post Dec 5 2011, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(3m3 @ Dec 5 2011, 10:21 AM)
Unfortunately mine is phase 2 but the timeline only left 14months. rclxub.gif
We are all in the same boat whether phase 1 or 2. I think the project will be delivered all at the same time. But right now, only Block #3 is progressing the fastest and my Block #2 is about 3 floors slower than Block #1. Still I am quite confident that the project will be delivered on time ... that is, if there is no further interruption from the authorities or squatters.

NB: The developer called my unit at Block #2 as Block B3 - I don't know what the developer called the other blocks. Anyone can enlighten me?

This post has been edited by TeannaLim: Dec 5 2011, 11:03 AM
TeannaLim
post Dec 5 2011, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(ArticFir3 @ Dec 5 2011, 11:20 AM)
Block 1 - B1
Block 2 - B3
Block 3 - B5
Block 4 - B7
Block 5 - B9

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only know my block is known as Block B5 a.k.a Block 3
Thanks! Your block is the fastest in progress. Do you know why? Is it because the developer uses different contractors for different blocks?
TeannaLim
post Dec 10 2011, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(0106127 @ Dec 10 2011, 01:26 AM)
Hi,
any new picture?
I went to eat KFC today and took 3 pictures from the petrol station. Didn't see any workers?? Possibly it was lunchtime.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TeannaLim
post Dec 13 2011, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(106127 @ Dec 12 2011, 11:46 PM)
‘RM99,000 a unit is not low cost housing’
G Vinod
| December 12, 2011

Buyers of the stalled housing project in PJS 1 say some of them earn only RM1,000 a month and the Selangor government's offer is beyond their reach.

PETALING JAYA: Buyers of the stalled Block E low cost flat units in PJS 1 are livid over Selangor state government’s offer of affordable housing units at a discounted price of RM99,000.

In a meeting with over 200 buyers on Saturday, Selangor mentri besar Abdul Khalid Ibrahim gave the following options to the 276 buyers :

two affordable housing project would be started, at the land near Taman Kanagapuram and near the longhouses, with the units being sold to the Block E buyers at RM99,000, from the original price of RM160,000.

free Projek Perumahan Rakyat Termiskin (PPR) flat at Lembah Subang 2 for the buyers and a cash payment of RM20,000 once all units of the affordable housing project are sold.

buyers can choose any PPR flat units in Selangor for free and a cash payment of RM13,000 once all units of the affordable housing project are sold off.

However, Block E residents action committee chairman M Sugumaran said some of the residents were furious saying they would not be able to purchase a house worth RM 99,000.

“Most of them are low income earners who get below RM1,000 a month. How could they possibly afford a house worth RM99,000?” asked Sugumaran.

If the project continues as planned, Sugumaran said the affordable housing units would only attract property investors who has the means to purchase the units.

“And we, who had lived here for three generations, would be driven out from the place we were born and bred,” he said.

He also said that many were also unhappy over the free Lembah Subang PPR flat offer, saying it was the same thing that they had fought against over the years.

“If we wanted the flats, we would have taken it years ago when the offer was made when our squatter houses were demolished years ago,” said Sugumaran.

Sugumaran said the MB should not be too proud of his free PPR flat offer, saying that he could make such pledge as no one wanted to stay in a PPR flat.

“Nobody wants to buy PPR flats. That’s why he can give it for free as even in Lembah Subang, there are many vacant units.

“And by dishing out the cash payments only after the affordable housing units are sold, they seem to forget that we are the victims here,” said Sugumaran.

Stalled project

The 276 buyers, formerly squatter residents, found themselves left in the doldrums when developer Peter Brickworks Sdn Bhd reneged on its promise in 2003 to build low cost flats for them.

The residents had paid deposit for the units and some are still paying instalment for the project which has stalled for the past eight years.

Some of the residents are living in Lembah Subang and about 40 families are living in longhouses erected by the developer at PJS 1.

Threatened with eviction, Khalid stepped in and promised the residents in June that the state itself would build their homes.

Sugumaran said that Khalid also failed to address their woes with the bank, who had pressed many of the residents to pay up their outstanding interest and instalments for Block E.

“And what about liquidated and ascertained damages (LAD)? Khalid did not address it in the meeting,” he said.

LAD is a clause that compels a developer to provide remedy to house buyers when a certain project is delayed or stalled.

Two weeks to decide

When contacted, Petaling Jaya City Hall councillor, Latheefa Koya dismissed the argument that it was bad offer and claimed many residents were keen to consider the free PPR flat offer.

“About 150 of them who are already living in Lembah Subang are considering the offer. Just the remaining balance who are still iving in PJS 1 are still sceptical about it,” said Latheefa who was present at the meeting.

She said the flats, although worth RM35,000, can fetch up to RM70,000 if they sell it later on.

Latheefa, who is also PKR supreme council member, said Khalid had never forced the offer down the residents’ throats and gave the buyers two weeks to decide on it.

“He told the residents that he will revert to building the RM35,000 worth of housing as per their contract with the developer at PJS 1 should they collectively disagree on the proposal,” said Latheefa, who added that Khalid had promised to resolve their payment issues with the bank.

Thanks for highlighting this news but you better be careful as someone may place a hex on you (refer to post #315) ... I am still trembling, ha ha
TeannaLim
post Jan 27 2012, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

G. Vinod of FMT reports today: ‘Give us houses as promised’ , see the weblink: http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2012/01/2...es-as-promised/

Yesterday, I passed by the site at Jalan PJS 1/52 and saw a row of houses (which look like squatters ) made of hollow cement sand bricks being built on the empty land between the Senja Apartments and the Chinese School. I hope the authorities will act fast before the squatters again seek compensation (read, extortion) in future when asked to vacate. Sometimes I do pity the land owners who are held ransom by these squatters.

TeannaLim
post Feb 18 2012, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

How come this forum seems to have lost steam? Is it because we have lost interests due to the slow progress?

Anyway, I have only managed to take 3 photos today as it was drizzling. Block #2 is now at 11th floor, Block #5 is at the 3rd floor, and Block #3 seems to be reaching the penultimate floor. The workers are also fixing the Type L balcony grills of Block #1 (nearer to Petronas side).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TeannaLim
post Feb 20 2012, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Please advise whether any buyers have received the progress billing of 15% for "the structural framework of the said Parcel". Thanks
TeannaLim
post Feb 25 2012, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(ArticFir3 @ Feb 24 2012, 05:50 PM)
Hi TeannaLim,

Most of 1120 Park Avenue buyers are active in the Facebook Group. They're not very active in LYN. However, I still check this forum on a weekly basis.

Cheers,
Future 1120 neighbor
Hi ArticFir3

I don't have a FB account and will need to register for one. Please give me the URL to the Facebook Group. Thanks. Actually I like LYN as it is convenient to view at any time and place. By the way, the following pictures were taken this morning.

Cheers

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TeannaLim
post Mar 17 2012, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Pictures taken this morning.

This post has been edited by TeannaLim: Mar 18 2012, 08:39 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TeannaLim
post Mar 18 2012, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

Please read:

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...buyers-tell-mb/

Give us free houses, Block E buyers tell MB

G Vinod
March 17, 2012

Instead of the affordable housing project as promised by Khalid Ibrahim, Block E buyers at PJS 1 want the state government to build their low cost houses for free

PETALING JAYA: Forget the affordable housing project at PJS1 and build us our low cost houses first, Block E residents action committee chairman M Sugumaran told the Selangor state government.

He also demanded that the state government offer the low cost houses to Block E buyers for free as they were victims of an irresponsible developer who left them a lurch nine years ago.

“And we don’t want your compensation money. Just build us the houses as per the agreement with the developer made in 2003,” said Sugumaran.

In December last year, in a meeting with over 200 buyers, Selangor Mentri Besar Abdul Khalid Ibrahim gave the following options to the 276 affected buyers:

Two affordable housing projects would be started at the land near Taman Kanagapuram and near the longhouses, with the units being offered to Block E buyers at RM99,000, from the original price of RM160,000.

Free Projek Perumahan Rakyat Termiskin (PPR) flat at Lembah Subang 2 for the buyers and a cash payment of RM20,000 once all units of the affordable housing project are sold.

Buyers can choose any PPR flat units in Selangor for free and receive a cash payment of RM13,000 once all units of the affordable housing project are sold off.

Sugumaran reminded the state government that an affordable housing project would only benefit the rich, as opposed to the Block E buyers who are mainly from the low income group.

“It’s a problem that could be resolved easily if the state government was sincere. Many excos came and made many promises but nothing has come forth.

“Sometimes I feel they treat us like troublemakers. I wish to remind the Pakatan government that we are the victims here,” said Sugumaran.

Threatened with eviction

A livid Sugumaran criticised the state government, accusing them of being no different than the previous state administration that caused the mess they are in now.

However, Sugumaran acknowledged that many of the buyers have taken up the offer made by the state government, but more than 100 of them have rejected Khalid’s offer.

“While we are being pushed around, the state government had not taken any action against the developer who put us in this predicament in the first place,” he said.

The buyers of the Block E housing project were left in a lurch when developer, Peter Brickworks Sdn Bhd, reneged on its agreement to build low cost flats for them in 2003.

The residents had paid deposits in the thousands for their housing units and some are still servicing their bank loans taken for units although the project had been stalled for nine years.

When they were threatened with eviction last year, Khalid stepped in and promised the residents that the state would build them their houses.
TeannaLim
post Mar 28 2012, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Pictures taken this morning.

This post has been edited by TeannaLim: Mar 28 2012, 12:13 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TeannaLim
post Mar 29 2012, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(HUJIUNEN @ Mar 28 2012, 06:29 PM)
thanks for the photo. if the progress of 5 block can fit in one photo that will be excellent
You are welcome.

Great suggestion, but how to do it? Besides getting a 360 panoramic camera, you will need to hire a helicopter or climb the tower crane to take a picture which can show the progress of all the 5 blocks.

By the way, would appreciate if any gurus out there could advise how to upload a video stream onto this forum? Thanks!
TeannaLim
post Apr 20 2012, 07:32 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Good News!! Looks like we will have individual meter for water and electricity for our unit.

Please check your letterbox for a letter from the developer regarding the 'Application for water and electricity supply'. If you have not received the letter for whatever reasons, you are advised to bring the following documents and payment to the developer office from 2nd May to 30th June 2012:
1] 2 photostat copies of S&P,
2] 2 photostat copies of your NRIC, and
3] A cheque for RM380 favouring '1120 Park Avenue Sdn Bhd' for deposit payment to TNB and Syabas.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0457sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:12 PM