44 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PLKN, National Service - Siri 8/2011, For form 5 this year

views

SkyHermit
post Aug 3 2010, 02:54 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

Can you all share the experiences of the first day in the PLKN? From the time before the bus sent you to the kem until you are falling asleep on the night. Include your feeling as well.
ivan92
post Aug 3 2010, 05:58 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 3 2010, 02:54 PM)
Can you all share the experiences of the first day in the PLKN? From the time before the bus sent you to the kem until you are falling asleep on the night. Include your feeling as well.
quite nervous, because my camp placed at rawang, far far away from my hometown sweat.gif
i didnt sleep on the day before i went to NS

1st day? sure
hmm.. i went to the pick-up point(dewan masyarakat, and i just knew that i got 6 friends are going to the same camp laugh.gif )
then the bus(not the big with JLKN slogan one, the buruk old junk bus shakehead.gif ) fetch all the trainee to airport(from KKIA to KLIA)
we took MAS to KLIA(MAS's services was great, 100 times thumbup.gif than AirAsia)
then we kumpul at the arrive hall, the trainer start to count the people and check attendance(got a few camp's trainers, 4-5 IINM)
then the camp's bus(the blue one with JLKN slogan one) fetch us to rawang(my camp),took us around 2 hours like that
then we arrived at the camp, all of us just like the katak di bawah tempurung laugh.gif
then we check in lor, the staffs collect/check the documents
and they will give us blanket etc
then i went to the dorm lor
and choose my bed, and i met 2 friends after i went to the dorm laugh.gif
SkyHermit
post Aug 3 2010, 10:32 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(ivan92 @ Aug 3 2010, 05:58 PM)
quite nervous, because my camp placed at rawang, far far away from my hometown sweat.gif
i didnt sleep on the day before i went to NS

1st day? sure
hmm.. i went to the pick-up point(dewan masyarakat, and i just knew that i got 6 friends are going to the same camp laugh.gif )
then the bus(not the big with JLKN slogan one, the buruk old junk bus shakehead.gif ) fetch all the trainee to airport(from KKIA to KLIA)
we took MAS to KLIA(MAS's services was great, 100 times thumbup.gif  than AirAsia)
then we kumpul at the arrive hall, the trainer start to count the people and check attendance(got a few camp's trainers, 4-5 IINM)
then the camp's bus(the blue one with JLKN slogan one) fetch us to rawang(my camp),took us around 2 hours like that
then we arrived at the camp, all of us just like the katak di bawah tempurung laugh.gif
then we check in lor, the staffs collect/check the documents
and they will give us blanket etc
then i went to the dorm lor
and choose my bed, and i met 2 friends after i went to the dorm laugh.gif
Before that you didn't ask any of those 6 friends about the NS? and what is the chance of having at least 1 friend going to there?

and how about the hair? Kena cut in NS or you cut before the NS>
TSDarkripper
post Aug 3 2010, 11:00 PM

What do you expect?
1,257 posts

Wondering if they allow to bring any camera? haha
ivan92
post Aug 3 2010, 11:16 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 3 2010, 10:32 PM)
Before that you didn't ask any of those 6 friends about the NS? and what is the chance of having at least 1 friend going to there?

and how about the hair? Kena cut in NS or you cut before the NS>
nope
i didnt ask them
all i knew that they kena NS laugh.gif
hmm.. perhaps the chance are 1 out of 10,000? unsure.gif
my hair? i didnt cut my hair before i went to NS
just went to NS with my long hair laugh.gif
but they cut our hair on the 2nd/3rd(cant remember the exact time)
cool2.gif

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Aug 3 2010, 11:00 PM)
u can bring camera, most of my friends brought their camera laugh.gif
can take benefits mah xD(take pics with wirawati brows.gif drool.gif )
SkyHermit
post Aug 4 2010, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,792 posts

[quote=ivan92,Aug 3 2010, 11:16 PM]
nope
i didnt ask them
all i knew that they kena NS laugh.gif
hmm.. perhaps the chance are 1 out of 10,000? unsure.gif
my hair? i didnt cut my hair before i went to NS
just went to NS with my long hair laugh.gif
but they cut our hair on the 2nd/3rd(cant remember the exact time)
cool2.gif

first day got wat acitivity?

This post has been edited by SkyHermit: Aug 4 2010, 10:59 AM
SkyHermit
post Aug 4 2010, 11:00 AM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Aug 3 2010, 11:00 PM)
i plan to bring my camera and w995 phone and original football jersey too but i afraid there is pencuri. Have you all encountered with this problem in your kem or any of friends?
idunnolol
post Aug 4 2010, 11:11 AM

Regular
1,031 posts

u keep in locker also can get curi wei. How hard is it to pick/break a small lock anyway?
ivan92
post Aug 4 2010, 12:35 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 4 2010, 10:57 AM)

first day got wat acitivity?
erm, first day?
trainers will ask u all to queue into several lines
then go to check in urself with the officers
then they assign dorm for u(dont enter the wrong dorm, later on after a few weeks they will check the namelist, if u enter the wrong dorm, they might shoot u gao gao whistling.gif )
then go to the dorm to set up ur bedsite lor
after that, u can take a bath(if still got time)
then go to dewan makan for lunch/tea time/dinner/supper/whatever it is
or u can hang out with ur dormmate and make friends with them
then the trainers will give u all a short briefing
then explain the rules to u guys/u guys are allowed go back to dorm and sleep
then wait for the next day, they will assign the clothes and PLKN thingy after the 4th/5th day
during the first week, they will choose people to be the chief, etc

Conscripts exhibiting promising leadership capabilities are promoted to rank-holders during the early course of the training.
These rank-holders are entrusted with military officer-like responsibilities and authorizations throughout the remaining course of the training.
The ranking system however differs slightly among camps throughout the country according to each camp commandant. 
Among the ranks available are:     
* Chief: Leader of all conscripts in camp.   
* Deputy Chief: Assistant to the Chief, usually 2-3 per camp.   
* Company Commander (CC): Also known as Squad IC (In-Command), leader of a company. Usually 1 per gender for each company.   
* Assistant Company Commander (ACC):
Also known as Company Sergeant, assistant to the CC. Usually 1-2 to each CC.  Other ranks (varies from camp to camp, not all camps have the following officers):     
* Public Relations Officer: Normally one for each camp.   
* Religious Affairs Officer: Normally one for every major religion in the camp.   
* Quarter Master: Normally one for each camp.   
* Sports and Recreation Officer: Normally one for each camp.   
* Dorm Administrator: One for each dorm.   
* Logistics Personnel: One for each camp, as liaison between conscripts and the camp logistics department

then maybe got ceramah/and some opening ceremony for u guys at the first week/2nd week

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 4 2010, 11:00 AM)
i plan to bring my camera and w995 phone and original football jersey too but i afraid there is pencuri. Have you all encountered with this problem in your kem or any of friends?
w995? should be ok
last time i brought my old k800i went to NS laugh.gif
and only a few of them brought the expensive phone(iphone, BB, 5800 etc)
camera should be ok
my friend brought his DSLR laugh.gif
but the camera always stick with him
so i think u just bring a DC should be enough, and dont borrow it to people(u dont know what will happen to ur camera)
football jersey? is it roundneck? u can bring but i think u only can use it in certain activities(peformances), for roll call, they might ask u guys to wear a collar shirt
but i not really recommend u to bring those branded thingy, because according to the trainer, some of them might stole u all punya underwear,t-shirt, socks, etc
i didnt have any problem with my personal belongings
but my friend's baju kelas get stolen by the others
just remember to put ur belongings into the locker and keep the keys with u, never give ur key to ur friend(ever ur best friend)
u cant trust people in NS, even he/she is ur best friend.

QUOTE(idunnolol @ Aug 4 2010, 11:11 AM)
u keep in locker also can get curi wei. How hard is it to pick/break a small lock anyway?
yup... a stone will GG the lock shakehead.gif
so u must keep those important things with u(like camera,wallet,moneys, locker's keys etc)
tongue.gif
SkyHermit
post Aug 4 2010, 02:55 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

How do they choose the ranks?? Volunteer or what?

How did you keep your key? Put into your pocket most of the time even during sleeping?

As 'idunnolol' said, even if you keep things inside the locker it is still not safe? There is no way the camera, phone, wallets with me all the time even when i am sleeping

How much money did you bring to there? And did you buy anything during weekends?
ivan92
post Aug 4 2010, 04:21 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 4 2010, 02:55 PM)
How do they choose the ranks?? Volunteer or what?

How did you keep your key? Put into your pocket most of the time even during sleeping?

As 'idunnolol' said, even if you keep things inside the locker it is still not safe? There is no way the camera, phone, wallets with me all the time even when i am sleeping

How much money did you bring to there? And did you buy anything during weekends?
erm.. usually volunteer one
but based on ur peformance: kawad, command, etc
they will choose different races lah
but for my camp, mostly <insert race>

yup... put the key in my pocket all the time, just bring the key with u all the time
yup.. but usually the things will be safe in the locker, unless somebody have ur locker's key
then rclxub.gif
dont worry abt the phone, because u can only have it on weekends, so just take care of it during weekends
camera u can put it into the locker when u're sleeping, lock the locker and put the key with u
u can put it on ur "most sensitive part" laugh.gif
so that if somebody try to take ur key, u will wake up thumbup.gif

erm, at first i brought RM200+ to there
after the CNY holiday, another RM200+
i brought a pail,hanger, clips, etc(laundry,hygiene thingy)
and of course, junk food
i and my friends bought junk food all the time
usually 2-3 times a week
weekends? saturday usually have nothing to do, just stay in dorm,sometimes need to gotong-royong or got some activities(ceramah,kempen derma darah, etc)
sunday u can go to temple/church, and ur family can go to camp to visit u
the time for visit section is from 9am to 5pm(if u go to church/temple, u will leave the camp at 7.30am/8am, and go back to camp at 10am/11am(for church)/12noon/12.30pm(for temple)

SkyHermit
post Aug 4 2010, 10:17 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(ivan92 @ Aug 4 2010, 04:21 PM)
erm.. usually volunteer one
but based on ur peformance: kawad, command, etc
they will choose different races lah
but for my camp, mostly <insert race>

yup... put the key in my pocket all the time, just bring the key with u all the time
yup.. but usually the things will be safe in the locker, unless somebody have ur locker's key
then rclxub.gif
dont worry abt the phone, because u can only have it on weekends, so just take care of it during weekends
camera u can put it into the locker when u're sleeping, lock the locker and put the key with u
u can put it on ur "most sensitive part" laugh.gif
so that if somebody try to take ur key, u will wake up thumbup.gif

erm, at first i brought RM200+ to there
after the CNY holiday, another RM200+
i brought a pail,hanger, clips, etc(laundry,hygiene thingy)
and of course, junk food
i and my friends bought junk food all the time
usually 2-3 times a week
weekends? saturday usually have nothing to do, just stay in dorm,sometimes need to gotong-royong or got some activities(ceramah,kempen derma darah, etc)
sunday u can go to temple/church, and ur family can go to camp to visit u
the time for visit section is from 9am to 5pm(if u go to church/temple, u will leave the camp at 7.30am/8am, and go back to camp at 10am/11am(for church)/12noon/12.30pm(for temple)
just now you said a stone will GG the lock? I am afraid about this even If I lock my things inside the locker.

where do you all buy junkfood in weekdays?

ivan92
post Aug 4 2010, 10:37 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(SkyHermit @ Aug 4 2010, 10:17 PM)
just now you said a stone will GG the lock? I am afraid about this even If I lock my things inside the locker.

where do you all buy junkfood in weekdays?
yup..
because my friend did it(he lost his key, then he used a stone to open the lock, but the lock is quite old+soft one, i'm not sure about the new+hard one, some camp they got the locker with integrated lock)
but it's quite hard to do it because the people who want to stole ur things will GG ur lock by using a stone(perhaps other tools?) in front of the other people nod.gif
unless all people berpakat with him lah
then that's another story
besides, the trainer will noticed that if the locker was damaged, my friend's lock get replaced after he GG the old lock(of course kena marah by the trainer laugh.gif )
so i dont think ur thing will get stolen if u keep it into the locker, and u can use a plastic bag/some clothes to cover ur things
dont ever put ur things on the bed and u go to the other dorm/get out from the dorm
remember to lock the locker from time to time, dont leave it unlocked, even u're in the dorm
be alert with the people, dont 100% trust them, even they are ur best friend. because who knows they might be the one who will stole ur things?

erm, we got a small kiosk in the camp(dont have many junk food as giant,jusco,etc)
the junkfood/things/ice cream/drinks are expensive than the outside one(of course lah, they bought it from giant,jusco,etc, want untung juga mah sweat.gif )
sometimes they got bread
and the top selling item in the kiosk: maggi@instant noddles laugh.gif
they sell the cup one and the pack one(i'm not sure with the bowl one)
but the kiosk is available for certain time only(my camp is after 5pm until 12am for weekdays, weekends from 8am until night,sometimes they dont open one vmad.gif mad.gif )

This post has been edited by ivan92: Aug 4 2010, 10:37 PM
clueless1992
post Aug 4 2010, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

my first day experience was so freaking SCARRY!!!

the day before i went out to buy all my things.(pail/big bottle of soap/etc etc)
then that night i was facebooking until 3am coz i'll miss the internet..u.u
then the next morning went to Bukit Jalil by LRT with all my 2 luggages and a bucket.(look damn awkward on the train.u.u)
once sampai at Bukit Jalil had to find my way to the kaunter.so so so many people there saying goodbye to their kids and all that.so crowded.check my name in the name list then went of to find the right bus.(careful not to get into the wrong bus)..my bus was the kapcai bas sekolah one..others all the nais plkn buses woo..

then on the bus the trainer will give you RM15..$_$..kire your welcoming gift lol..(i brought RM90 to plkn)
then make fren with person beside me..then was trying very hard not to freak out and cry on the bus.TT.TT was sms-ing my family while waiting for bus to go..they were standing outside the bus waving all that..so sad ooo..u.u

then journey to Melaka was like 2 hours+.then once arrive they suddenly ask you to line up by race and all that.(dunno why).then have to check the name list.( my name wasn't there since i changed camps and they so pemalas wanna update the lists after i call HQ..so i was pening/blur/scared sh1tless..dala they din give me my letter yet..so must settle a lot of problems there)

then after filling up forms in the dewan they told us (kindly..we budak baru ma) to go eat lunch at the dewan makan..note that i had NO friends at ALL in camp..so i had to make friends with other people quite quickly..u.u
i ate VERY little for lunch coz no appetite at all coz i was still freaking out about plkn lol..then after makan i had to drag my very2 heavy bags up a hill and find my dorm..my bags so darn heavy that i was pulled backwards while walking up the hill lol..then one person who got there a day earlier offered to help me.(bless her) then find my dorm and chose my bed.then make friends with dorm mate.

we didn't know what we were supposed to do so just sit down on the bed and sleep a bit( with no bed covers.u.u) after that go mandi a bit.then got out uniforms all that.and then must rush2 wear the uniform and go down to the hall for the briefing. they have head-count all that.

(dun really remember what happen at night actually..so blur2 that time..everything was happening so quickly..u.u)
ivan92
post Aug 5 2010, 12:00 AM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(clueless1992 @ Aug 4 2010, 11:49 PM)

the day before i went out to buy all my things.(pail/big bottle of soap/etc etc)
then the next morning went to Bukit Jalil by LRT with all my 2 luggages and a bucket.(look damn awkward on the train.u.u)
once sampai at Bukit Jalil had to find my way to the kaunter.so so so many people there saying goodbye to their kids and all that.so crowded.check my name in the name list then went of to find the right bus.(careful not to get into the wrong bus)..my bus was the kapcai bas sekolah one..others all the nais plkn buses woo..

then on the bus the trainer will give you RM15..$_$..kire your welcoming gift lol..(i brought RM90 to plkn)
then make fren with person beside me..then was trying very hard not to freak out and cry on the bus.TT.TT was sms-ing my family while waiting for bus to go..they were standing outside the bus waving all that..so sad ooo..u.u

then journey to Melaka was like 2 hours+.then once arrive they suddenly ask you to line up by race and all that.(dunno why).then have to check the name list.( my name wasn't there since i changed camps and they so pemalas wanna update the lists after i call HQ..so i was pening/blur/scared sh1tless..dala they din give me my letter yet..so must settle a lot of problems there)

then after filling up forms in the dewan they told us (kindly..we budak baru ma) to go eat lunch at the dewan makan..note that i had NO friends at ALL in camp..so i had to make friends with other people quite quickly..u.u
i ate VERY little for lunch coz no appetite at all coz i was still freaking out about plkn lol..then after makan i had to drag my very2 heavy bags up a hill and find my dorm..my bags so darn heavy that i was pulled backwards while walking up the hill lol..then one person who got there a day earlier offered to help me.(bless her) then find my dorm and chose my bed.then make friends with dorm mate. 

we didn't know what we were supposed to do so just sit down on the bed and sleep a bit( with no bed covers.u.u) after that go mandi a bit.then got out uniforms all that.and then must rush2 wear the uniform and go down to the hall for the briefing. they have head-count all that.

(dun really remember what happen at night actually..so blur2 that time..everything was happening so quickly..u.u)
kinda similar with my experience laugh.gif
the 1st day was like doh.gif sweat.gif rclxub.gif
but now cry.gif
SUSrizq
post Aug 5 2010, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

summarisation of my 1st day in PLKN.

1)gather at Stadium MBPJ.
2)arrive at camp
3)register
2)lunch
3)sleep
4)take a bath
5)jogging
6)dinner
7)take a bath
8)sleep
SkyHermit
post Aug 5 2010, 08:36 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(ivan92 @ Aug 4 2010, 10:37 PM)

erm, we got a small kiosk in the camp(dont have many junk food as giant,jusco,etc)
the junkfood/things/ice cream/drinks are expensive than the outside one(of course lah, they bought it from giant,jusco,etc, want untung juga mah sweat.gif )
sometimes they got bread
and the top selling item in the kiosk: maggi@instant noddles laugh.gif
they sell the cup one and the pack one(i'm not sure with the bowl one)
but the kiosk is available for certain time only(my camp is after 5pm until 12am for weekdays, weekends from 8am until night,sometimes they dont open one vmad.gif  mad.gif )
Is there a kiosk in a middle of a forest too? or your templer camp isn't that remote? Is it specially made for PLKN trainees?
SkyHermit
post Aug 5 2010, 08:41 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(clueless1992 @ Aug 4 2010, 11:49 PM)

How do they give Rm150 monthly to you? also give cash or through bank-in?

the beds in your dorm didn't have the bed covers 1? Or they had't prepared yet?

SkyHermit
post Aug 5 2010, 08:42 PM

Regular
1,792 posts

QUOTE(rizq @ Aug 5 2010, 12:04 AM)
summarisation of my 1st day in PLKN.

1)gather at Stadium MBPJ.
2)arrive at camp
3)register
2)lunch
3)sleep
4)take a bath
5)jogging
6)dinner
7)take a bath
8)sleep
rizq, happy with the life in PLKN?
clueless1992
post Aug 6 2010, 02:38 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

BSN will come and give you the book in the first month..they will occasionally bring you to bank and take out money.(DO NOT let your friend take out money for you and DO NOT let them know your pin number and DO NOT volunteer to take out money for them) if their money loose they can easily blame you for stealing.

the beds in my dorm didn't have covers when i arrived.i only got my covers later in the day..and my selimut the next night.so i slept on the first night sheet-less.and i was SHIVERING like crazy..until teeth chatter one.

44 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0643sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 AM