TV Shows Game Of Thrones [Ended], Dream Of Spring

views

kucingfight
post Apr 30 2019, 12:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,736 posts

kinda anti climax towards the end. few of side characters hack n slash like immortals. should have make it a little more realistic. and night king , meh...so much anticipation for battle but such an ending..felt it they wanna get over with it fast
defaultname365
post Apr 30 2019, 12:43 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Amazing episode... one of the best battle scenes on a TV show but it does NOT come close to LOTR's Battle of Helm's Deep.

Arya the real epic one in this episode... but The Night King... I mean it has to end somehow right... so why not, I'm fine with it. biggrin.gif

Oh also she trained blind and used the night against him.... finally her training truly paid off!

And kudos to Lyanna... the small one beat a giant.

The episode had its high and lows but overall a really well made episode.

user posted image

Only 3 more episodes to go... rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by defaultname365: Apr 30 2019, 12:57 PM
tonYe
post Apr 30 2019, 01:28 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Apr 30 2019, 12:13 AM)
I thought it was a good surprise. From the beginning until now people always speculated who Azor is and Arya never came close to the list. But looking back at all the seasons, she has been built up for this. There have been a lot of foreshadowing. And she has always been very stealthy. In this season she even sneaked up on Jon, which surprised him. And the library stealthy play was to show the audience just how quiet she could be, even quieter than her own drops of blood. They don't have to show you straight forwardly how she went from the room to where the NK was. The show has foreshadowed enough so that the audience could use imaginations.

It was well played. And people are just disappointed because they have always been rooting for other characters like Jon or Dany as Azor and things turned out differently.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

It's not a good payoff for the buildup and development they had. But since you liked it, well, it was worth the wait for you.

After rewatching the episode, the other dumb parts feel even dumber. This episode is easily one of the most wasteful and disappointing episodes in the series.

I hope there will be further twists on this in later episodes otherwise, wtf.

This post has been edited by tonYe: Apr 30 2019, 01:31 PM
6so
post Apr 30 2019, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Muhammad Syukri @ Apr 30 2019, 01:34 PM)
1 thing we can agree it is not as epic like LOTR battle scene which far more detailed.
LOTR Two Towers USD 94m budget in 2002.
Battle of Winterfell USD 30m 2019.
Pretty sure that comparison very lopsided...lol...
Different context and medium altogether.
greyshadow
post Apr 30 2019, 05:18 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

anyway, lets leave Winterfell behind, the millennia old threat beyond the wall is effectively wiped out by an assassin

Now the remaining 3 episodes, the North vs the South!

with the North sustaining heavy casualties, their cavalry totally wiped out, what's left is the tired & bloodied band of wildlings, survivors from already limited Northern houses, and the remaining unsullied foot soldiers, vs fresh armies from golden company, heavy cavalry, and maybe some elephants if Euron managed to pull it off

The remaining two dragons are also sustained heavy injuries, so don't think they'll be a major help like previously

But what I suspect is Yara will sail her remaining fleet to Dorne transport Sunspear army over for the upcoming battle.

Tyrion is pretty useless in the past few episode, I think he will come up with some clever plan for the upcoming battle as well
gaeria84
post Apr 30 2019, 05:45 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Muhammad Syukri @ Apr 30 2019, 12:34 PM)
1 thing we can agree it is not as epic like LOTR battle scene which far more detailed.
QUOTE(6so @ Apr 30 2019, 03:19 PM)
LOTR Two Towers USD 94m budget in 2002.
Battle of Winterfell USD 30m 2019.
Pretty sure that comparison very lopsided...lol...
Different context and medium altogether.
Biggest mistake was they went for length instead of short, impressive set pieces. You have to admit that this episode felt like a drag at times, why was there a need to include scenes where arya sneaks around. I remembered I was yawning a few times throughout this episode

94m for the whole movie... the fact that two towers was made with that amount of money is seriously impressive really
J1g54w
post May 1 2019, 12:05 AM

Regular
1,449 posts

Didn't expect Arya to kill NK, but what I didn't expect the most is the dead army being defeated in one single episode. All that build up from previous seasons vs a simple defeat seems very underwhelming.

I really wanted to see Cersei face the dead army somehow, but now it looks like the finale will be human battles.
Hizami_83
post May 1 2019, 08:21 AM

48 posts

Ugh...very disappointed with NK & his army ending...there is huge opportunity to make him deserves better end fight & make him a memorable true main villain. One example is Azog vs Thorin end fight in The Hobbit Battle of 5 Armies & another is Smaug the dragon in the same movie. It is not about budget...it is about writing.
Chrono-Trigger
post May 1 2019, 09:31 AM

PERPETUAL BEWILDERMENT
3,803 posts

Tyrean will be the King and Sansa Queen. Together they will unite Westeros.

Jon Snow and Dragon Queen will leave Westeros and fly back to Essos to become King/Queen in there. Their destiny is to revive the ancient kingdom of Valyria together with its long lost dragons.

This post has been edited by Chrono-Trigger: May 1 2019, 09:32 AM
6so
post May 1 2019, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Apr 30 2019, 06:45 PM)
94m for the whole movie... the fact that two towers was made with that amount of money is seriously impressive really
You didn't factor in inflation and pretty sure manpower salary is not the same 17 years ago. Give or take 20% more on top of the original budget by today's metric. Also Peter Jackson might opt for back-end deals so they didn't inflate the reported budget.

At the end of the day 30m for TV budget is unheard of but that's a standard Hollywood studio's feature production. So all the talks about equating GOT to LOTR is just futile. Which is better is all subjective. Which has a better storyline or technically sound also subjective to personal taste. For the same reason Toyota is Toyota, Audi is Audi.

green_algae
post May 2 2019, 09:52 AM

Enthusiast
999 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Apr 30 2019, 05:45 PM)
Biggest mistake was they went for length instead of short, impressive set pieces. You have to admit that this episode felt like a drag at times, why was there a need to include scenes where arya sneaks around. I remembered I was yawning a few times throughout this episode

They shot all three movies within a span of two years, lessens the production costs.
They probably signed all the actors for 3 movie deal, avoiding contact renewals, thus saving money.

greyshadow
post May 2 2019, 09:56 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

Guys, you need to STOP comparing LOTR with GoT doh.gif sweat.gif

This post has been edited by greyshadow: May 2 2019, 09:56 AM
gaeria84
post May 2 2019, 10:34 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ May 2 2019, 09:56 AM)
Guys, you need to STOP comparing LOTR with GoT doh.gif sweat.gif
Well, Miguel Sapochnik did hype up the battle to be TV's version of LOTR Helm's Deep

Hence the comparisons...

This post has been edited by gaeria84: May 2 2019, 10:34 AM
6so
post May 2 2019, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Sapochnik point is not to repeat the uninterrupted battle sequence seen in LOTR. The emphasis is not to feel exhausted by it. BTS vids also reiterated that sentiment by DB Weiss and Benioff. You have the right to dislike the episode for many reasons and yet you can't discount those who ok or even like it for different reasons.

This post has been edited by 6so: May 2 2019, 11:05 AM
VeLoct84
post May 2 2019, 12:10 PM

1 posts

Just wonder what is Raven doing fly over the war? is he looking the future or possibility..looks like the doctor strange tongue.gif
Muhammad Syukri
post May 6 2019, 10:56 AM

Enthusiast
818 posts

Mad queen inkambing
PseudoWoodo
post May 6 2019, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

From one shitty episode to another lol. Everything just doesn't make sense.

I'm done with this series...

Just gonna wait for the books to finish, eternally...
gaeria84
post May 6 2019, 02:45 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

After the bore that was episode 3, now we're talking sweat.gif sweat.gif

Can't believe this season only picked up at episode 4
6so
post May 6 2019, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Errrmmm.....uuurrrggh.....but....sigh!

This episode sucks balls!
tonYe
post May 6 2019, 04:19 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

My oh my. Just when I thought this season can't get any worse.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

HBO has turned the series into a dumb piece of crap with high production value.

This post has been edited by tonYe: May 6 2019, 05:46 PM

168 Pages « < 157 158 159 160 161 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0365sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:06 PM