Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Socso No. and EPF No., How to check?

views

TSshinloo
post Jul 5 2010, 08:19 PM, updated 14y ago

10 posts

Hi all,

Two questions:

1. How to check your SOCSO no.? Is it same with your IC no.? Say if your IC no. is 900512-14-5188, then your SOCSO no. is the same 900512145188?

2. I can only find KWSP no. on my EA Form? Is it same with the EPF no.?

Thanks.
TSshinloo
post Jul 6 2010, 07:34 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Joey Christensen @ Jul 6 2010, 10:15 AM)
I'll break it down into a few fragments so that others are well informed regarding SOCSO/PERKESO and EPF/KWSP.

Answer 1:
SOCSO administers two social security schemes for workers earning wages not exceeding RM3,000 per month. Employees who receive a monthly wage exceeding RM3,000 and who have not previously registered or paid contributions to SOCSO are given an option to be covered under the Act. Both the employer and employee have to consent to the coverage by filling the optional form (PKS: (F)42).

Once covered, workers remain covered irrespective of their wages. However, the maximum contribution is based on wages of RM3,000 per month. All employees who have been employed by an employer under a contract of service of apprenticeship are liable under Social Security Act, 1969.

The rule of thumb for SOCSO is "Once in always in" which sounded like "Once a scout always a scout" back in my heydays. I believe I have shared this information in other threads before. For you, yes, it is the same as your NRIC number. No worries there. If you have any queries, the contacts are as follow:

Social Security Organisation (SOCSO)
Menara PERKESO, 281, Jalan Ampang,
50538 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-42645000
Fax: 03-42567713

Answer 2: As an employer, a staff must register with EPF within 7 days from the date the company becomes liable to contribute, that is as soon as an employee is hired. Key word: Seven (7) working days. An employer is then required to make EPF contributions, both for the Employee (EE for short) and Employer (ER for short) portions, at the prevailing rates spelt out in the Third Schedule of the EPF Act 1991. Currently, contribution rates are 11% for the employee and 12% for the employer. However, an employer is advised to keep abreast with changes which may take place from time to time. Oh, I almost got carried away...DITTO! As per explanation below, you can rightly say the KWSP is EPF and vice versa.

The following contacts will be handy in the future for you and others as well.

Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
Bangunan KWSP, Jalan Raja Laut,
50350 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-87326000
Fax:03-26948433

There goes all the information needed. There's more than meets the eye. All I can say is keep yourself well informed and you are good to go. Another note:

Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP) = Employee's Provident Fund (EPF)

Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO) = Social Security Organisation (SOCSO)

It's the same derivation. One is in Malay language, another one is in the Queen's language. No worries about that either.

Regards, Joey

p.s: By the way, is 900512-14-5188 your personal NRIC number? Oh my, if it's true, be smart next time and only divulge your personal information in a need to know basis. Born in the year 1990s? You must be a very young lady.
WOW I'm impressed!!! Such detailed explanation. rclxms.gif Thanks very much, Joey. biggrin.gif
p.s: Nope that's a made-up IC number. Haha...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:34 PM