34 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Unifi DC++ Hub, It's closed :(

views

thteong82
post Jul 6 2010, 01:46 PM

Poor Guy
1,528 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Jul 6 2010, 11:21 AM)
Streamyx adsl is 4mbps download, 512 kbps upload

That is like max 512 Kb/s download speed, and 64 Kb/s upload speed

As you can see the download is more disproportionately larger than upload. So you will have a ton of streamyx user downloading, but hardly uploading.
The point of this DC++ hub is for Unifi fiber optic user that can download and upload fast. Especially upload part  nod.gif  5mbps, 10mbps, 20 mbps upload  laugh.gif
I think however that Penangfon/Metrofon users should be allowed to join. They have 2mbps download and upload, so that should be more acceptable speeds. Also they too are fiber optic broadband.
Time Fiber broadband is fine as well, but i doubt many have it  hmm.gif
QUOTE(prasys @ Jul 6 2010, 01:08 PM)
Its just the nature how ADSL works. Most likely you are going to limit your upload and just leech. UniFi users would again wouldn't be facing this problem at all.
Force download limit to 512k for streamyx user (or maybe 1Mb, doesn't hurt right). Is it good idea? This will make everyone contribute to the this.
powerfulcool
post Jul 6 2010, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

just look at the BT scene, we have too many leechers and almost no seeders. if we allow Streamyx users in the hub we will face the same problem.
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Jul 6 2010, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,009 posts

bruce.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Jul 15 2017, 07:01 AM
prasys
post Jul 6 2010, 01:59 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(powerfulcool @ Jul 6 2010, 01:47 PM)
just look at the BT scene, we have too many leechers and almost no seeders. if we allow Streamyx users in the hub we will face the same problem.
This is the point , Mostly I see malaysians with Xunlei. Xunlei should be banned anyway. uTorrent as well. I'm uploading around 30-40Kilobytes/sec a right now. I guess that takes ages if its a large file tongue.gif
Gh-x
post Jul 6 2010, 01:59 PM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(powerfulcool @ Jul 6 2010, 01:47 PM)
Yup i agree, only limit the hub to UNIFI user, even though i am a streamyx user biggrin.gif
it will save us from trouble later
mohamadfazli
post Jul 6 2010, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Any recommendations for DC client for Linux. Am on VIP20 and don't mind joining the crowd tongue.gif
prasys
post Jul 6 2010, 02:06 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(mohamadfazli @ Jul 6 2010, 02:01 PM)
Any recommendations for DC client for Linux. Am on VIP20 and don't mind joining the crowd tongue.gif
http://code.google.com/p/eiskaltdc/

https://launchpad.net/linuxdcpp

Two good clients for linux and OSX. eiskaltdc works great with OSX !
calvin
post Jul 6 2010, 02:29 PM

Tech Enthusiast
1,857 posts

i have both metrofon and streamyx 4mb load balanced.. am i allowed to join ? tongue.gif
mohamadfazli
post Jul 6 2010, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Ok ... I am in!

Added on July 6, 2010, 2:41 pmNow hashing my library.. looks like gonna take ages!.. Really ages tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mohamadfazli: Jul 6 2010, 02:41 PM
liew79
post Jul 6 2010, 05:19 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

last night took me some time to set my port forward..... now sleepy... hehe... gona refilling my library too... smile.gif
brian12988
post Jul 6 2010, 05:23 PM

Regular
1,263 posts

QUOTE(yongkailoon @ Jul 5 2010, 05:24 PM)
Good effort to promote local P2P! Now, if only I had UniFi... Q3 2010 for PJ but only a small fraction of PJ is covered. Should be a long wait for me I suppose. TM even told me that my area does not support 4mbps Streamyx. sad.gif
someone who is feeling with me.. cry.gif at least u Q3..i am Q4...or 2011..
powerfulcool
post Jul 6 2010, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

you guys will have your chance.

for the time being we will be testing the server and what not. once u get the unifi everything will be set up and all u need is to download download download biggrin.gif
TSrizvanrp
post Jul 6 2010, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Elite
195 posts

@mohamadfazli

Welcome to the hub, what distro are you on? biggrin.gif ! Lol

@calvin

Is your metrofon 2mbps uplink?

---

I'm not discriminating against non Unifi users or anything, I just feel the purpose of having a Unifi DC++ is best served by limiting it to Unifi users at the moment. As a Streamyx user, you have the ability to download from any source be it direct download (RS, MU, HF), torrents, MIRC or whatever without hitting a bandwidth limit.

The reason I started the hub is because Unifi users on the other hand do/will eventually have a bandwidth limit. Now apparently, they're saying local traffic will not be counted. So I've started this place for Unifi users to gather, share files and discuss Unifi issues while only consuming local bandwidth (within the Unifi network alone).

If I were to allow non-Unifi users in, to you.. it would just be another place to download because you have an unmetered contract with Streamyx whereas we have a 60/90/120GB monthly cap which will be measured on a daily basis. Right now, we're enjoying minimum speeds of 500KB/s (5mbps Unifi users) up to 2.0MB/s (20mbps users) on the DC++ hub per thread. Streamyx users cannot match this speed because of your asymmetric lines.. there's a huge difference when you're able to download at those rates vs 30-40KB/s ._.

In the end, TM may even choose to measure local Unifi traffic. At least if that happens, we can say 'hey! we're paying a ****load for this line and you're limiting us at some pretty ridiculous rates.. at least let us have unmetered local connectivity' or something like that. They don't really have a reason to cap local traffic nor can they throw the excuse that by sharing large files locally we can somehow slow down browsing to Youtube or other international websites.

And of course.. the network will still be fully functional in the event a shark rips TMs undersea fiber optic cables in two (which seems to happen with Streamyx every single month).
orenzai
post Jul 6 2010, 05:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,114 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Jul 6 2010, 05:30 PM)
@mohamadfazli

Welcome to the hub, what distro are you on? biggrin.gif ! Lol

@calvin

---

I'm not discriminating against non Unifi users or anything, I just feel the purpose of having a Unifi DC++ is best served by limiting it to Unifi users at the moment. As a Streamyx user, you have the ability to download from any source be it direct download (RS, MU, HF), torrents, MIRC or whatever without hitting a bandwidth limit.

The reason I started the hub is because Unifi users on the other hand do/will eventually have a bandwidth limit. Now apparently, they're saying local traffic will not be counted. So I've started this place for Unifi users to gather, share files and discuss Unifi issues while only consuming local bandwidth (within the Unifi network alone).

If I were to allow non-Unifi users in, to you.. it would just be another place to download because you have an unmetered contract with Streamyx whereas we have a 60/90/120GB monthly cap which will be measured on a daily basis. Right now, we're enjoying minimum speeds of 500KB/s (5mbps Unifi users) up to 2.0MB/s (20mbps users) on the DC++ hub per thread. Streamyx users cannot match this speed because of your asymmetric lines.. there's a huge difference when you're able to download at those rates vs 30-40KB/s ._.

In the end, TM may even choose to measure local Unifi traffic. At least if that happens, we can say 'hey! we're paying a ****load for this line and you're limiting us at some pretty ridiculous rates.. at least let us have unmetered local connectivity' or something like that. They don't really have a reason to cap local traffic nor can they throw the excuse that by sharing large files locally we can somehow slow down browsing to Youtube or other international websites.

And of course.. the network will still be fully functional in the event a shark rips TMs undersea fiber optic cables in two (which seems to happen with Streamyx every single month).
well said!! rclxms.gif
calvin
post Jul 6 2010, 05:44 PM

Tech Enthusiast
1,857 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Jul 6 2010, 05:30 PM)
@calvin

yup.. 2mbps uplink.. used to be a 100mbps uplink before they capped local traffic tongue.gif
Suk
post Jul 6 2010, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,330 posts

I think shd open for others Streamyx user too...
can reduce the international bandwidth.

This post has been edited by Suk: Jul 6 2010, 06:26 PM
TSrizvanrp
post Jul 6 2010, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Elite
195 posts

@calvin

Wuts the metrofon IP block? :3
Kclee2002
post Jul 6 2010, 07:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,134 posts

unable to get into the hub, am on unifi biz D:
calvin
post Jul 6 2010, 07:05 PM

Tech Enthusiast
1,857 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Jul 6 2010, 06:41 PM)
@calvin

Wuts the metrofon IP block? :3
UGPM smile.gif
TSrizvanrp
post Jul 6 2010, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
Elite
195 posts

QUOTE(Kclee2002 @ Jul 6 2010, 07:02 PM)
unable to get into the hub, am on unifi biz D:
UGPM

Added on July 6, 2010, 7:26 pmAdded metrofon block to accept list :3 If you're on Unifibiz I need you to PM me your IP so I know which IP block to add TQ

This post has been edited by rizvanrp: Jul 6 2010, 07:26 PM

34 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 PM