Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Atorvastatin New from Doctor for high Cholesterol, Cholesterol

views

TSIsendir1
post Jul 21 2010, 08:14 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(SueM11 @ Jul 20 2010, 09:16 PM)
It is not so much that the higher the LDL ( bad) cholesterol the higher the risk of getting heart disease. Rather it is the oxidation of the LDL cholesterol which turns it bad. Native LDL cholesterol is produced by the body and is good as it is essential for building good cell membrane, other cell parts and different hormones needed by the body. If we don't get enough from our diet , our bodies will produce this kind of cholesterol.

The danger is from the oxidation of the LDL cholesterol caused by free radicals which can come from stress, environmental pollution, fatty foods, cigarette smoke,etc. Studies have shown that the higher the level of antioxidants within the LDL cholesterol and the surrounding cells the more resistant the LDL cholesterol is to oxidation.

The antioxidants you take must be complete and balanced for the cell to perform at its optimal level. It is not just one antioxidant but a whole range of them.

Pharmaceutical companies keep on lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol that we must maintain so as not to be in the risk category.

There are some interesting books which talk more on this.

"What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You" by Dr Ray Strand

"Bionutrition" Dr Ray Strand.

They are available at MPH and other book stores.
Hi SueM11, i am not doubting you or Dr Ray, but if you have read the book, can you quote us a Study Topic / Publication which refer to " Studies have shown that the higher the level of antioxidants within the LDL cholesterol and the surrounding cells the more resistant the LDL cholesterol is to oxidation. " or clearing free radical or antioxidant supplement that can reduce risk of cardiovascular event? I am interested in the studies so that we can know more in details.

Thanks and great info btw nod.gif
seinze
post Jun 25 2018, 04:27 PM

13 posts

I have two box Lipitor X30 pils 20mg (Brand name of Atorvastatin) , did not take as my LDL was too low, now control my diet, my doctor said can alternately consume it if you can't bear muscle pain.

Who want to buy? 1 Box RM50 (not including postage), sell cheap only to help those who have high TG, LDL or total cholesterol

This post has been edited by seinze: Jul 3 2018, 12:37 PM
SUSgogo2
post Jun 25 2018, 11:16 PM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Jul 20 2010, 11:03 PM)
depends on the healthy eating.

The only way to counter bad cholesterol without taking drugs (which usually have lots of side effects) is eating RIGHT and using the right product.

SueM11's point is actually the very basis of why high cholesterol occurs. Thus to counter the oxidation of LDL, the RIGHT way is to eat or consume food (liquid,solid or supplement) which is pure in ANTI-Oxidant.

Most drugs offers fast recovery but with a huge price to pay (side effects). Natural healing on the contrary is slow but it has no long term side effect at all. In the long run, a person will benefit more from natural healing.
don't want to take drug what will happen?

I told my doc I want to control diet instead of taking drugs. I just scared I get heart attack.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 PM