yueyi5730
post Jul 2 2010, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

finally officially open..congrats glider thread on new version

Added on July 2, 2010, 9:21 pm
QUOTE(maxtee @ Jul 2 2010, 09:02 PM)
wola v16 congret!!and kudoes to eric and sg gengz
hope everyone's sg prosper like this forum!!

dear eric pls add this 2 new sg name to my list icy-female and chili-male they are my first pair off joey oop on 20/6/2010.TQ

oh 1 more thing is pls also change my caspian DOB to OOP i think i give u the wrong info liow last time..... a million thankz.
congrats on your 1st pair of joeys u must be really proud

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 2 2010, 09:21 PM
yueyi5730
post Jul 3 2010, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(lulurin @ Jul 3 2010, 05:07 PM)
jitshiong>> there's a thread before saying that she is retiring?
uh. . i dont know how to sangkut my wooden wheel dekat my SG's sangkar. . .

does anyone know where i can get the instruction?? ;__;

i simply letak the wooden wheel dekat bawah. . ;__; x tau how to sangkut. .
the stand u separate from the wheel 1st..
then u put the stand on the roof from the outside and the wheel fix to the stand from inside
can secure the stand with cable ties
yueyi5730
post Jul 3 2010, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

habis stock already..=(
maybe u should ask anyone has spare/extra to share
yueyi5730
post Jul 3 2010, 10:11 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

what a cute chubby girl u got there..but you're at the wrong section..
u should post here instead

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/443156
yueyi5730
post Jul 3 2010, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Kelvenwai @ Jul 3 2010, 10:13 PM)
Ok , thanks
may she find a good home
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 12:15 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(royaltramp @ Jul 3 2010, 11:31 PM)
congratz eric on the ver 16^^..

i wish i can take care of it but my house hold not yet ready to buy nor adoption any sg. Hopefully next year it will be ready.
you're time will come dont worry...happy.gif

Added on July 4, 2010, 12:15 amlets fill the starting of new thread with pictures

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 4 2010, 12:15 AM
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

whisper whisper whisper
user posted image
user posted image
crooked smile
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
dont wanna share..herh!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

thanks kekeke...my boys..fresh photos just took..all shearing a dubia i dont have more for each so all share share

Added on July 4, 2010, 1:26 americ out thread no thumbnail yet..tak biasa la..faster upload picture

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 4 2010, 01:26 AM
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(sapik900906 @ Jul 4 2010, 01:29 AM)
just got my 1st joey! can i join the club?? hehehe~
sure evryone is welcome

QUOTE(ylsy @ Jul 4 2010, 02:08 AM)
Dr. Jenny no longer working thr ? bt i hv appointment nxt sat....??
aiks??
maybe u call up my vet clinic and see..
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Chinchillas @ Jul 4 2010, 03:07 PM)
Very nice, are both of them from hun?
oni the little guy with the crooket smile..the one still in grey fur
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(sapik900906 @ Jul 4 2010, 04:06 PM)
waaa... my glider become so pouch protetective!!! it will bark if i touch his puoch,,,
normally they crabb if they are pouch protective...
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

wahhh u get your joey to post with orkids..nice
yueyi5730
post Jul 4 2010, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(sapik900906 @ Jul 4 2010, 08:04 PM)
owh.. now i,m trying to bonding with him, but he jarang2 out from the pouch~ sad.gif .. got any tips?
1st 3 days let him be alone in the cage..use a fleece cloth or naju to cover the cage..let it explore the new environment by itself first..just put food every nite..dont try to grab him
yueyi5730
post Jul 9 2010, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(geo @ Jul 8 2010, 10:59 PM)
my joeys are making some squeking noise as i just put them together... is it normal?
if it's chirping sound it's normal..sometimes my gliders groom each other then sumtimes one groom the other to hard the other will chirp real loud..hahaha..
yueyi5730
post Jul 11 2010, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

1)cage the white one we call 5 ft cage and the black one we call 4ft cage..can be easily found if u seen it b4..accesories most are DIY toys u can see from this link
http://www.suzsugargliders.com/nosewaccessories.htm

2)i have 3 males no problem getting together...just need proper introduction(very important)..the oni problem with male is non neutered may smell a bit more than normal...if u neuter the male problem solve..and personally i feel they are less territorial if u neuter them so can get along better and introduction process is much faster..still i see dominancy issue but once they know and accept the alpha male then it's alright

3)well we can see that u got from a seller who dont know the basic needs of a sugar glider and i belive u didnt do enough research b4 getting a sugar glider.read the 1st page of the thread very helpful

4)RAW/WILD honey cannot give your gliders...processed honey is fine..if u feeding hpw as the main diet there's a lot of honey in it already..otherwise like me i'm using GliderSlurp as main diet i occasionally give some honey as treats
bonding is how u handle the joey...example like carry joey in bonding pouch,hang "smelly" clothes on the cage,talking softly to them...all so that the glider is use to your smell and voice

5)shampoo is a big no..Sugar gliders dont need to bathe..no sand bath, no shampoo, no woodshaving..they do their own cleaning by grooming themselves or each other..u want soft fur pick a good diet and good supplements..

Added on July 11, 2010, 3:41 pmread this post too..i find it good for first time owners so they know what to expect
http://suggiesathome.com/2010/02/08/your-1st-joey/

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 11 2010, 03:43 PM
yueyi5730
post Jul 11 2010, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(faidzal1982 @ Jul 11 2010, 03:56 PM)

thanks for the info bro... well... the one who wants the sugar glider is my wife... i already told her to do research before rushing and buy the pets...
i guess she too excited and didnt read thoroughly all the guidelines and info... smile.gif now i think i need to get involved and make sure the sugar glider have a better or at least appropriate home to live... dats why i decided to join this community...

btw... if honey in the bottle dat we buy from the supermarket is considered processed honey is it?
alright..do your best..just ask if u have any doubts..
some honey sold is raw honey so have to read the labels..those not stated raw honey means it's processed honey
if u want those more expansive honey like sweet meadow's brand manuka honey or rewarewa honey..a few ppl are using those also..tesco and carrefour i saw selling..but the normal honey is fine as long as it's not wild or raw honey
yueyi5730
post Jul 12 2010, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(faidzal1982 @ Jul 12 2010, 02:21 AM)

the swivel hooks u can replace with book rings can get from most bookshops or staionary section in supermarket(tesco/carrefour/jusco)

fleece in tesco is the cheapest oni RM11 for kids fleece blanket oni 2 designs dark blue with stars and pink with heart shape...the plain ones are for adult blankets bit more expansive..can find in jusco/carrefour/the store/ikea/homes and harmony-normally it's about RM20

plastic chains can get from hardware store or MR DIY

have u gotten a wheel for your sugar glider?get the senior wheel joeys can also run on it without any problem..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes the normal fresh fruits and vegetables we find..some even give organic fruits and vegy to their gliders which is good

drief fruits as in what human eat for snacks..no it not good for them it contains colourings/preservertives might be harmful..there are dried fruit treats for pets which i think it's fine but my gliders seemed not to like it..maybe coz no juice?? i dont know just guessing...just watch what to get some are just plain sugar/colourings..so pandai pandai choose your products

those u mention are supplements-yea most are spinkle on the food..my advice is we should give an appopriate amount of suplements to them..coz keeping them as pets we already alter their diets so that they can be kept in captivity..we must do our best to provide nutritional food for them to stay healthy in their tip top condition...tat's why i reccomend to give supplements as well

Added on July 12, 2010, 6:06 pm
QUOTE(faidzal1982 @ Jul 12 2010, 12:14 PM)
hahaha... i think i do confuse the sounds...
when i think about it... i think momo is not too familiar with humans... seeing how the seller handle him when he transfer momo from one cage to other cage... momo tried to run away and the seller seems afraid to hold momo... maybe before this momo is neglected coz the seller did give us "false" info bout the gliders... sad.gif
i guess i have lots of things to do to get bonded with momo... smile.gif
emino gave good example from youtube

the character of the glider depends on it's own personality..2 gliders from the same parents same batch 1 might be frenly the other might be crabby..like my newest boy Tyler from crazymouse_yyh he was very crabby little guy..and everytime i take him out his attempt was to run away from me..kakaka..but then after handling few days he got better and better day by day..took around 1 week for him to get use to me.now he can climb on my shoulder and ask for treats play with my hair etc..different gliders differnt rate..like my old ones around few months maybe coz i was new with gliders last time..now i'm more experience handling joeys..first 2 days to a new home..i always advice to cover with a tshirt and just leave it alone..oni provide food and take softly let him get use to your voice..by 3rd day u can start handling your joey..of coz dont over stress it either..

Added on July 12, 2010, 6:08 pm
QUOTE(bremboy84 @ Jul 12 2010, 05:24 PM)
i love this one..so cute

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 12 2010, 06:11 PM
yueyi5730
post Jul 13 2010, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(geo @ Jul 13 2010, 11:54 AM)
how long does it normally take for your gliders to bond to each other?
with proper introduction..if they dont fight with each other it takes less than a week after putting them together...u could see they groom and sleep together..one follow the other when go adventuring..

having proper introduction is very important..stay in differnt cages, swap pouches and let them notice each other in a neutral territory..some gliders just alright the first time they meet some might take longer from days to a week or 2...thats why we need to closely monitor newly introduced gliders..

normally the older gliders wouldn't accept the new comer so easily coz it's his/her territory..so they would show dominancy

for my case begining my new joey dont want to be with the other 2 males but the other 2 dont mind him being with them...he rather sleep in a differnt pouch and stay far away from them..u can see Cody attempt to get to know him but he was stilll afraid... but after like 2 days i see them all snuggling together..hahaha..you could say his personality was timid being away from his parents but as soon as he understood that the other meant no harm then he slowly accepts them as colony buddies.

yueyi5730
post Jul 14 2010, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(glidermama @ Jul 14 2010, 05:54 PM)
i came across tis site and thought it'd be cool to have RJ and furla's pic on a keychain..tapi it's american..do we have somethg like this here?plus the guy donates to animals charity..so nice...
http://animalcharms.net/

congrats faidzal...that's fabulous progress...your wife a lucky gal!

Added on July 14, 2010, 5:55 pmps: bunyi memang comel kan..so cair when we hear..
i got mugs with my pet photos but keychain i not sure they got make or not..

Added on July 14, 2010, 6:58 pm
QUOTE(faidzal1982 @ Jul 14 2010, 01:49 PM)
wow great improvement..lucky u made the right decition to change

well i'm feeding GliderSlurp..i tried hpw but they dun really like it also..tat's why i change to slurp..few of my frens face the same problem too

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 14 2010, 06:58 PM
yueyi5730
post Jul 15 2010, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(piggyzai @ Jul 14 2010, 11:16 PM)
Hi, im having some problem with my Max...he seems dun like it at all...i dip some on my finger and let him smell, when he is near sniffing my finger wondering wad isit so i jz knock some on its nose and it lick it and shake his head abit and den shiver a bit swt... doh.gif

Im wondering whr can i get gliderSlurp? asked petShack but they dun sell wor... @@ mind telling me  biggrin.gif
i get gliderslurp from crazymouse_yyh can find in the petstore low yat section...u can get from pet epicure also..she makes them fresh when ordered..most of the time cod to get it..
i see her once every 2 months to get my supply..i love the idea of assorted flavours so your glider wont get bored with just 1 flavour.

Added on July 15, 2010, 11:11 am
QUOTE(ForGe @ Jul 15 2010, 10:04 AM)
glidermama:: ok i try to give them rock melon can huh..??
a little bit of everything give the best nutrition...
dont oni give 1 type of fruit or vegy

normally i give 3-4 type of fruits and vegy at a time..like apple/carrots/peas/pear/watermelon/honeydew/sun melon/papaya/blueberry/orange/tangerine/sawi/broccoli-just mix and match la...

somtimes i put honey on the fruits/vegy for them to lick lick lick...but they very pandai lick all the honey in every piece oni start eationg..hahaha..hpw already got a lot of honey so i guess u guys must control giving honey as treats.
can try sprinkle acasia gum also can

This post has been edited by yueyi5730: Jul 15 2010, 11:11 AM

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0625sec    0.09    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:34 AM