Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> orphanage home that really need help?, can recommend?

joeong
post Jun 29 2010, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

my friend would like to organize a small drive to help orphaned children. eg: those aged around 3-12
she would like to survey if there are other needier homes besides the popular ones which already recieve alot of help.
any small needy homes which you guys think really need help to recommend to her? around KL and PJ
she aims to try to accommodate as much as around 60 pax (can combine homes)
appreciate your feedback! icon_question.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rghan85
post Jul 5 2010, 11:13 PM

hi joeng ,here have a new home whos established 10 month only and no any big company backup at behind, but the home just establish so that only 13 children and they are facing high expension . there adress is no35 jalan rakan 11 taman rakan cheras 43000 kajang selangor, near bandar sungai long or can call 03-87337611. hope you can give them a help a whatever way. thanks ..
+Quote Post
joeong
post Jul 6 2010, 10:20 AM

Getting Started

thanks.
i will recommend it to her and hopefully she will be able to help them whichever way possible
+Quote Post
Apple_Apple
post Aug 14 2010, 01:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(rghan85 @ Jul 6 2010, 01:13 AM)
hi joeng ,here have a new home whos established 10 month only and no any big company backup at behind, but the home just establish so that only 13 children and they are facing high expension . there adress is no35 jalan rakan 11 taman rakan cheras 43000 kajang selangor, near bandar sungai long or can call 03-87337611. hope you can give them a help a whatever way. thanks ..
Thanks for the info dude...Is there any others same as this? Because i wish to give other a help too...
+Quote Post
softly
post Aug 14 2010, 10:38 PM

Getting Started

any1 organizing any lately?
+Quote Post
cassie_90
post Aug 25 2010, 08:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(joeong @ Jun 29 2010, 11:49 PM)
my friend would like to organize a small drive to help orphaned children. eg: those aged around 3-12
she would like to survey if there are other needier homes besides the popular ones which already recieve alot of help.
any small needy homes which you guys think really need help to recommend to her? around KL and PJ
appreciate your feedback!  icon_question.gif

I'm a Mass Comm students and been doing events in children's home. I found out that most of the children's home here in KL and Selangor are sponsored by companies or churches. However I found out most of the OKU home and disable home needs more helps in terms of financial and medical support. Anyway,good luck! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
l.jason57
post Aug 25 2010, 11:24 PM

QUOTE(cassie_90 @ Aug 25 2010, 08:24 PM)
I'm a Mass Comm students and been doing events in children's home. I found out that most of the children's home here in KL and Selangor are sponsored by companies or churches. However I found out most of the OKU home and disable home needs more helps in terms of financial and medical support. Anyway,good luck! biggrin.gif
can you provide the name of OKU/Disable home u know that needed the help

thanks

+Quote Post
cassie_90
post Aug 28 2010, 02:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(l.jason57 @ Aug 25 2010, 11:24 PM)
can you provide the name of OKU/Disable home u know that needed the help

thanks
Sorry,i don't know any, haven't been to any OKU center before. U can search online and called them up,visit the house and see if they really needs help or not. Tat's the best way. biggrin.gif

Added on August 28, 2010, 2:26 pmhttp://forum.lowyat.net/topic/907796

This post has been edited by cassie_90: Aug 28 2010, 02:26 PM
+Quote Post
tonyang
post Apr 16 2011, 05:59 PM

i'm looking for a very poor orphanage and wanting to offer to bring them out for makan makan while paint their home & repair their home and equipment if it's possible. currently i only have 3 location and i'm going to look into it. i hope anyone can pm me or reply if there's any details.
i am going to propose and involve this with my company. hope everyone can support me on this. sad.gif
+Quote Post
Tham
post Apr 24 2011, 12:53 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(l.jason57 @ Aug 25 2010, 08:24 PM)
Can you provide the names of OKU/Disabled home you
know that need help ?

Thanks.
Pusat Penjagaan Kanak-kanak Cacat
31 Jalan SS 3/39, Petaling Jaya.

Light green painted house with brown gate. I think
it houses some forty inmates, young to older ones.

The above home is near my house. Their DVD player is no
longer working, so I took it for repair. However, it is an old
model, does not support MPEG-4, and the repairman quoted
me at least $40-50, but that is only if it is a more common
fault like a worn motor.

I think the laser is burnt out, since I can hear the motor running
but it is unable to read any discs. Thus it will definitely cost more
than that, making any repair unfeasible.

If you or your friends may be able to donate a newer one to
them, that would be nice. I download movies from the net and
burn them for my nephews quite often, so I could do the same
for these disabled kids at the same time.

However, most of these movies from the net are in MPEG-4 AVI
format, which only the newer DVD players can read.

The above home is actually a branch, and their HQ is in Taman Megah,
where there are some 70 kids housed in four homes.

You may of course also help these homes if you wish.
Their quoted website, http://www.ppkkctm.org, is not functioning.
Maybe some IT man here can help them to bulid one.

Incidentally, their caretaker here has the same surname as me !

Under the "Income & Expenses" page in the PureCharityHub site,
it costs some $60,000 monlty to run the homes. The rental for the
SS3/39 branch alone is $4,500.

http://www.purecharityhub.com/TamanMegah

http://1month1charity.blogspot.com/2011/03...acat-taman.html

http://ppkkc.ruumz.com/Causes/Default_Ori.aspx

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127406297308349

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...03204448AAHTfMG

http://www.purecharityhub.com/images/tmega...he_center_1.jpg

+Quote Post
tonyang
post May 1 2011, 04:54 PM

i'm going to visit the Pusat Penjagaan Kanak-kanak Cacat at pj. can anyone provide more? any normal kanak kanak too? because i want to request sunway to sponsor them theme park to play.
+Quote Post
CAUSE.PK
post Dec 10 2011, 06:52 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(tonyang @ Apr 16 2011, 02:59 PM)
i'm looking for a very poor orphanage and wanting to offer to bring them out for makan makan while paint their home & repair their home and equipment if it's possible. currently i only have 3 location and i'm going to look into it. i hope anyone can pm me or reply if there's any details.
i am going to propose and involve this with my company. hope everyone can support me on this.  sad.gif
As we all may know that Our country Pakistan went through different disasters in recent years. Earth quake 2004, Flood in 2010 and 2011. These disaster gave us huge amount of orphan children.
We have established an orphan house. we have 9 children. 7 boys and 2 girls age between 5 to 13.We have rented a house and appointed a very respected and reliable family to look after their well-being. The children are provided with an environment which is conducive to their proper development and security. More emphasis is laid at providing the children with a familial environment rather than the surroundings of a boarding school that are in vogue nowadays. We are now planning to expand this orphan house and provide the children with more facilities and resources in future. We also plan to increase the number of children from 09 to at least 20. We hope, that with the help of more generous and kind-hearted people, we can continue to expand and grow in our endeavors for the betterment and security of these children.

We would be glad to receive any form of help or assistance either in kind or cash from the general public and kind spirited individuals, groups and organizations both locally and internationally to enhance the survival, development, well-being and growth of these underprivileged Children.

We are in critical need of individuals or organizations both locally and internationally that may adopt or include the needs in their monthly support plan and pledge to support them on a regular monthly basis.
looking forward.
CAUSE team.Attached Image
+Quote Post
hoongling
post Dec 29 2011, 10:55 PM

Just a note. I have been working with 90 orphanages nationwide for few years now.

There are NO homes which can be considered more needy or less needy. All have their own needs. Some people tend to see well managed homes as rich and do not need help but these are the homes where the management is good, so good they get attention and constant contributions.

ANY homes get constant fundings but some homes which look like they are poor at times mismanage funds.

Therefore, perhaps when looking to help homes, I suggest help an organisation/home near you so you can help consistently, not by looking at whether they need more.

My 1 cent worth
+Quote Post
skysherly
post Jan 18 2012, 11:57 AM

Regular

If you have time, please visit house of Joy @ taman kinrara for the children whom they need a lot of guidance for their school work and they do need some donation for clothing/books too.

QUOTE(hoongling @ Dec 29 2011, 10:55 PM)
Just a note. I have been working with 90 orphanages nationwide for few years now.

There are NO homes which can be considered more needy or less needy. All have their own needs. Some people tend to see well managed homes as rich and do not need help but these are the homes where the management is good, so good they get attention and constant contributions.

ANY homes get constant fundings but some homes which look like they are poor at times mismanage funds.

Therefore, perhaps when looking to help homes, I suggest help an organisation/home near you so you can help consistently, not by looking at whether they need more.

My 1 cent worth
Yes, there are a few homes having problem in guiding the children with their study as some of them are special children. Consistent help is always better.
PJ siddhartan home is looking for tutor to help with the children
+Quote Post
vios2002
post Jun 1 2013, 08:41 AM

Getting Started

any recent activity would like to contribute some
+Quote Post
Servantforever
post Jun 25 2013, 01:49 PM

Getting Started

go to this blog for details http://pusatjagaanyatim.blogspot.com/
+Quote Post
Servantforever
post Aug 28 2013, 08:02 PM

Getting Started

GO TO THIS WEBSITE they really need fund to help the orphans, students and needy at their area. Please help them out. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Servantforever: Aug 28 2013, 08:03 PM
+Quote Post
sunnychai99
post Feb 15 2014, 12:02 PM

Enthusiast

If need to donate any furniture , cloths ,books , papers can inform ya..
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0596sec    0.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 05:33 AM