I am writing this on behalf of Project Happiness, which is a project started by a team of passionate medical students from Taylor’s University School of Medicine (TUSOM), in hopes to improve the lives of children living in ‘Pusat Jagaan Beribuan Kasih’
, which is an orphanage in Kajang who are in need of funds and public support.
We are pleased to inform that hosting a Charity Carnival Day at the orphanage in hopes of raising funds and awareness for the orphanage!Event Details
• Date/Day: 4th October 2014 (Saturday)
• Time: 10am to 4pm
• Venue: Pusat Jagaan Beribuan Kasih, Kajang (Add: No. 3, Lot 1547, Belakang Taman Bangi, Jln Reko, 43000 Kajang)
• Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Projecthappiness.tusom
• Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/687497201347182/Orphanage Background
Pusat Jagaan Beribuan Kasih is an NGO, founded by Ms Kavita and her friends. However at the moment she is running the entire orphanage by herself and struggling to make ends meet. Currently, the orphanage survives on the mercy of irregular donations of the good public. She has about 45 residents under her wing of which there are 25 children of which 5 are disabled children and the rest are adults without a home. Living conditions are sufficient for survival but questionable in terms of a healthy environment. About Project Happiness
Project Happiness is an ongoing project, which started months ago. We are currently supported by Khind Starfish Foundation, Munchy’s Food Industries Sdn Bhd, Julie’s Biscuit, CM Creative Design, Taylor’s University as well as a few other sponsors. We have also received many kind donations from members of the public. Our mission is:
1. To improve the quality of life of the children of the orphanage through the process of refurbishment.
2. To carry out an interactive workshop aimed to develop some of their skills.
3. To hold a carnival to raise awareness amongst the public as well as to provide an opportunity for the orphans to display their artwork and have a fun filled day.About the Carnival Day
The Carnival Day will be considered as the final event to wrap up Project Happiness. Refurbishment of the orphanage is well underway and the workshop will be held shortly before the carnival. Carnival Day highlights include:
• Booths for games, food and beverages
• Sharing session by the founder of the orphanage, Miss Kavitha
• Booth to showcase the ‘before-and-after’ pictures of the orphanage following the refurbishment efforts made possible by Project Happiness
• Booth to accept kind contributions from the public eg. Funds, toys, books, clothes etc.
Coupons for the carnival can be purchased via the following methods:
• Pre-sale booth at Taylor’s University on 25/9/2014 (Thurs), from 9am to 3pm
• Ongoing pre-sales at Hospital Sungai Buloh from 22/9/2014 (Mon) to 26/9/2014(Fri)
• On the day of the carnival itself at a booth near the entrance
Coupons are priced at RM10 per booklet, which can be used on the day of the carnival to purchase food, drinks, play games etc.
All proceeds from the sales of coupons will be donated to the orphanage directly. The carnival is truly a meaningful event, which will also be great fun for all members of the public. Therefore, we sincerely hope that you will take the time off to attend this event!
For further information, please PM or email email@example.com ! Thank you!This post has been edited by jigglypuff: Sep 22 2014, 05:52 PM