WinHex 15.6 SR-12
WinHex is a universal hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security. An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards.
• Disk editor for hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, ...
• Powerful directory browser for FAT, NTFS, Ext2/3, ReiserFS, CDFS, UDF
• RAM editor, providing access to other processes' virtual memory
• Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
• Editing data structures using templates (e.g. to repair partition table/boot sector)
• Concatenating and splitting files, unifying and dividing odd and even bytes/words
• Analyzing and comparing files
• Particularly flexible search and replace functions
• Disk cloning, with a specialist license also under DOS
• Drive images & backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB archives)
• Programming interface (API) and scripting (professional & specialist licenses only)
• 128-bit encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, ...)
• Erase (wipe) confidential files securely, hard drive cleansing to protect your privacy
• Import all clipboard formats, incl. ASCII hex values
• Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
• Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
• Instant window switching. Printing. Random-number generator.
• Supports files >4 GB. Very fast. Easy to use.
This post has been edited by stasio: Apr 27 2011, 09:50 AM
WinHex 16.x [Trial]