Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

about BES and BIS

views

TSclayton-chew
post Jun 26 2010, 01:44 PM, updated 14y ago

Casual
430 posts

I'm on unlimited data plan from Celcom.. what i'm lacking is the BIS/BES plan..

Everyone know that BIS is required to access Internet, receive emails, etc on blackberry..

What if I ask my dad to activate BES for me from his company, will I still need to pay any fee from telco?

This post has been edited by clayton-chew: Jun 26 2010, 01:44 PM
sleepwalker
post Jun 28 2010, 11:41 AM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,517 posts

QUOTE(clayton-chew @ Jun 26 2010, 01:44 PM)
I'm on unlimited data plan from Celcom.. what i'm lacking is the BIS/BES plan..

Everyone know that BIS is required to access Internet, receive emails, etc on blackberry..

What if I ask my dad to activate BES for me from his company, will I still need to pay any fee from telco?
BIS and BES connection services are provided by the Telco. You have to remember that the Telco is the provider of your BB's connection. The only difference is that if you activate BIS, then they point the service to RIM servers in Canada. If you activate BES services, which you still have to pay the telco, they will point the service to your own BES server.

In your case, you still have to apply BES through Celcom and inform them of the BES server IP that you want to point to. I can say that this is no point and you might as well go with BIS.

Furthermore, if you connect to your dad's company's BES, you'd be under the control of their IT policy too.
shahie
post Jun 28 2010, 12:36 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Jun 28 2010, 11:41 AM)
BIS and BES connection services are provided by the Telco. You have to remember that the Telco is the provider of your BB's connection. The only difference is that if you activate BIS, then they point the service to RIM servers in Canada. If you activate BES services, which you still have to pay the telco, they will point the service to your own BES server.

In your case, you still have to apply BES through Celcom and inform them of the BES server IP that you want to point to. I can say that this is no point and you might as well go with BIS.

Furthermore, if you connect to your dad's company's BES, you'd be under the control of their IT policy too.
http://www.port3101.org/port-3101-bes-admi...ked-logged.html

Regards

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.73    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 PM