Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Baju Melayu, already acquired. pix at page 4.

views

naughtyz
post Jun 22 2010, 02:07 PM

Regular
1,557 posts

is it possible to LV custom made your baju melayu? that's gonna be the best baju melayu you have in your wardrobe smile.gif
naughtyz
post Jun 22 2010, 02:18 PM

Regular
1,557 posts

that's the mentality thinking of Malaysian..but not all of it of course..It same goes to me when i wear Punjabi suit, Punjabi guy came and ask me direction in his language..
naughtyz
post Jun 22 2010, 02:25 PM

Regular
1,557 posts

It happen If someone that request for it is Michael Jackson, Sultan Brunei..?It's only an idea that hurt no body and think it positive way..
naughtyz
post Jun 22 2010, 03:10 PM

Regular
1,557 posts

QUOTE(FusioneX @ Jun 22 2010, 03:38 PM)
Media stunt and friendly sarcasm aside, the modern society would not mind people of a difference race / religion wearing their traditional costumes (if all the guidelines in wearing them are adhered to) but rather in the spirit of racial intergration, would welcome it as well.

I hope you are not thinking too critically about the matter as it might not bode well with you when you are actually wearing the baju melayu on that day as you will probably feel uncomfortable, worrying about what others think. I say, do not think too much and just go for it, carrying the baju melayu with pride and confidence. People will actually commend you for going the extra mile in celebrating with them.

Added on June 22, 2010, 2:53 pm
If there is such request, here is a proper rundown on the possible scenario:

Louis Vuitton will get their mat salleh tailors take your measurements and then probably source for baju melayu fabrics in Kamdar (haha) if they cannot find suitable ones from their supplier.
They will then pass the fabric and your measurements to an outsourced professional Malay tailor skilled in making baju melayu and have the garment tailored via MTM.
Once the garment is finished, they will call you in for a few fitting sessions and have their in-house tailors make adjustments to the garment according to your fit.
When final alterations are completed, Louis Vuitton's precious labels will be sewn on and you will be charged an arm and a leg for the garment.

It will only be your 'best' baju melayu as far as brand is concerned but you can pay a skilled baju melayu tailor the same amount of money and get one which is far more better as most of the money will actually be wisely spent on accurate pattern drafting (and measurement calculation), hand-stitching workmanship and luxurious fabric instead of on LV's label and customer service.

If Louis Vuitton actually has the best in-house baju melayu tailor in the whole world, now that is a different matter.
They really do that procedure?? Meaning what good are they...maybe not good in traditional outfit.
naughtyz
post Aug 31 2010, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,557 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Aug 31 2010, 06:34 PM)
Did you go to Jln TAR or not? 2day holiday can go see la. Some more its like last week already and u still haven't gotten what u want? doh.gif I think there is a stall in Jln TAR that sell linen ones. But i forgot already. I checked back all my pictures, but there isn't any that indicate linen ones. Maybe one of the shops in Campbell or Pertama has it. I didn't check them outthe last few weeks.
Just come back frm Jln TAR, Masjed India, Wisma Yakin and semua house. But the design that i attractive me is at the lorong TAR..it like big checker mix color with soft green and Cream Base color...unfornately...they out of size cry.gif cry.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:30 PM