Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ipoh GYM, Looking for a gym at IPOH

MelForC3
post Jun 21 2010, 10:18 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Currently, im working at Sim. Pulai. So, im looking for gym at nearby and furthest also Ipoh.

Is there any gym around this area??

I happen to find one but it is extremely expensive. So I hope look for a cheaper one regarding my financial status sad.gif

Perhaps, can leave the address and i'll look for it when i finish my work.

Thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
alvinz
post Jun 21 2010, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast

hmm.gif, which gym have u surveyed? ... i know there is a gym along the road from simpang pulai to medan gopeng ... its beside Hillcity Hotel (or watever name hotel) ...
another big gym is at Jusco Ipoh lo ... i know roughly another gym in town but abit hard to describe ..
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 21 2010, 06:24 PM

The Green One

How much is your budget anyway?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
likimikuku
post Jun 21 2010, 08:55 PM

On my way

I would be in Ipoh for few months during my next year vacation, would appreciate to get some respond too.

Thanks TS for asking this question too
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 21 2010, 10:29 PM

The Green One

QUOTE(likimikuku @ Jun 21 2010, 08:55 PM)
I would be in Ipoh for few months during my next year vacation, would appreciate to get some respond too.

Thanks TS  for asking this question too
Again budget please
+Quote Post
likimikuku
post Jun 22 2010, 12:19 AM

On my way

QUOTE(GreenSamurai @ Jun 21 2010, 10:29 PM)
Again budget please
from what i last heard from a friend range is RM80~100, so that my budget..
+Quote Post
popoliee
post Jun 22 2010, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

near ipoh jaya got one gym... but small gym..
+Quote Post
likimikuku
post Jun 22 2010, 02:16 PM

On my way

QUOTE(popoliee @ Jun 22 2010, 01:59 PM)
near ipoh jaya got one gym... but small gym..
is it some where near Infinity Cyber Cafe??
The last time i back to Ipoh and went for a 1 day gym pass, it cost me RM10 per entry.
+Quote Post
popoliee
post Jun 22 2010, 02:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(likimikuku @ Jun 22 2010, 02:16 PM)
is it some where near Infinity Cyber Cafe??
The last time i back to Ipoh and went for a 1 day gym pass, it cost me RM10 per entry.

near pekan razaki... got pasar malam at there on friday..
+Quote Post
likimikuku
post Jun 22 2010, 04:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(popoliee @ Jun 22 2010, 02:27 PM)
near pekan razaki... got pasar malam at there on friday..
sorry i not really familiar with Ipoh and i don't go pasar malam for years.

i will try contact my bros there and ask out, mind telling me the fees and how is the gym?
+Quote Post
popoliee
post Jun 22 2010, 08:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(likimikuku @ Jun 22 2010, 04:43 PM)
sorry i not really familiar with Ipoh and i don't go pasar malam for years.

i will try contact my bros there and ask out, mind telling me the fees and how is the gym?
fees i dunno.. it just a small gym.. standard equipment i think..
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 22 2010, 08:42 PM

The Green One

For everyone who wants a cheap gym with many equipments, please go to Pro Muscle. Every month is only rm70. The only downside of this gym is that the building has no air con and only fan. It's at the back of The Store. If you see a place to play futsal then just go forward and it's there.

You can search this address on google map directions : Jalan Haji Eusoff Perumahan Jalan Kampar, 30250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

It should be around there

This post has been edited by GreenSamurai: Jun 22 2010, 08:45 PM
+Quote Post
popoliee
post Jun 23 2010, 11:25 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GreenSamurai @ Jun 22 2010, 08:42 PM)
For everyone who wants a cheap gym with many equipments, please go to Pro Muscle. Every month is only rm70. The only downside of this gym is that the building has no air con and only fan. It's at the back of The Store. If you see a place to play futsal then just go forward and it's there.

You can search this address on google map directions : Jalan Haji Eusoff Perumahan Jalan Kampar, 30250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

tat building got painting people workout rite?? tat one ah???
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 23 2010, 12:49 PM

The Green One

QUOTE(popoliee @ Jun 23 2010, 11:25 AM)
tat building got painting people workout rite?? tat one ah???
Yes that's the one. It has lots of equipment and has lots of free weights. One extra thing though, their free weights a lot of rust on them but it doesn't bother me because the weights are still as heavy haha

This post has been edited by GreenSamurai: Jun 23 2010, 12:49 PM
+Quote Post
popoliee
post Jun 23 2010, 01:31 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GreenSamurai @ Jun 23 2010, 12:49 PM)
Yes that's the one. It has lots of equipment and has lots of free weights. One extra thing though, their free weights a lot of rust on them but it doesn't bother me because the weights are still as heavy haha
hahaha... really ah??? btw u know other cheap gym other than this gym???
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 23 2010, 02:02 PM

The Green One

QUOTE(popoliee @ Jun 23 2010, 01:31 PM)
hahaha... really ah??? btw u know other cheap gym other than this gym???
Hmm I'm not really sure. I think there's another one near Bercham. My friend used to go there but I have no other information other than that.
+Quote Post
Netto Hikari
post Jun 23 2010, 10:50 PM

Health and Fitness Consultant

hi ts, can i tumpang thread?

any1 noe any gyms in kampar as well?
+Quote Post
popoliee
post Jun 23 2010, 11:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GreenSamurai @ Jun 23 2010, 02:02 PM)
Hmm I'm not really sure. I think there's another one near Bercham. My friend used to go there but I have no other information other than that.
ok.. thx bro.. will let all know if got other information another cheap gym.. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
MelForC3
post Jun 24 2010, 08:02 AM

Enthusiast

I managed to find two of them. two of them is on the way to gopeng (from ipoh). One of them is body alignment, which member fees cost 100bucks and month 50. The equipment there are kind of old and not much. The other one, i cant remember the name as i went yesterday night. The lifetime membership 350 + 20 = 370 for first month payment. 20 bucks is for membership card. Monthly fee are 100 bucks. The equipment there are cool and quite many machine there. Perhaps can give it a try..it's quite comfortable compare to the first one..

Added on June 24, 2010, 8:04 amto gopeng from ipoh i means will pass by simpang pulai biggrin.gif i guess is the old way to gopeng..if im not mistaken...

both of the gym will be located on your right side. One of them you can see it very "clear" cause quite a big building while one more is upstairs as soon as pass by the big one.

This post has been edited by MelForC3: Jun 24 2010, 08:04 AM
+Quote Post
alvinz
post Jun 24 2010, 06:09 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(GreenSamurai @ Jun 22 2010, 08:42 PM)

yea, thats the one i mention in my post above .. haha

QUOTE(MelForC3 @ Jun 24 2010, 08:02 AM)
I managed to find two of them. two of them is on the way to gopeng (from ipoh). One of them is body alignment, which member fees cost 100bucks and month 50. The equipment there are kind of old and not much. The other one, i cant remember the name as i went yesterday night. The lifetime membership 350 + 20 = 370 for first month payment. 20 bucks is for membership card. Monthly fee are 100 bucks. The equipment there are cool and quite many machine there. Perhaps can give it a try..it's quite comfortable compare to the first one..

Added on June 24, 2010, 8:04 amto gopeng from ipoh i means will pass by simpang pulai biggrin.gif i guess is the old way to gopeng..if im not mistaken...

both of the gym will be located on your right side. One of them you can see it very "clear" cause quite a big building while one more is upstairs as soon as pass by the big one.
i think one of them is beside the Hillcity hotel right? ...
medan ipoh got one also, which is nearby infinity CC but i am not sure if its still there ... seldom go back ipoh so cant check ...
anyone tried the on at Jusco?
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 24 2010, 07:35 PM

The Green One

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 24 2010, 06:09 PM)
medan ipoh got one also, which is nearby infinity CC but i am not sure if its still there ... seldom go back ipoh so cant check ...
Beside Hill City Hotel has no gym I think. Before Hill City has one which I believe has been mentioned before in this thread. I think the hotel that you are referring to is Heritage Hotel. Beside Heritage Hotel there's a gym also
+Quote Post
alvinz
post Jun 25 2010, 01:04 AM

Enthusiast

not to say directly beside the hotel ... i mean along the road .. not sure wat gym but i am sure there is ... downstairs of it got a kopitiam-like shop ...
+Quote Post
GreenSamurai
post Jun 25 2010, 01:18 AM

The Green One

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 25 2010, 01:04 AM)
not to say directly beside the hotel ... i mean along the road .. not sure wat gym but i am sure there is ... downstairs of it got a kopitiam-like shop ...
Yea that's the one near Hillcity Hotel and has been mentioned before in this thread
+Quote Post
tjy2
post Jun 25 2010, 09:15 AM

Getting Started

the 2 gyms along jalan gopeng that you guys have been talking about are on the side of the road heading from gopeng to ipoh.

one is body alignment, it's at the corner along a stretch of shops. it is very near to a traffic light before you reach hillcity hotel.

the other one is called vs gym and fitness center. it's the yellow-orange building just opposite sam poh tong junction. the building is next to a mobil station after hillcity hotel. the building consists of the gym, a beauty center and a cafe, all named vs.

one of the gym in bercham is called "the gym". it's near the mobil station in bercham. of course there are few more gyms in bercham.

there is one gym in pengkalan called body work fitness center. it is just above 7-eleven. the membership is cheap but no air cond.

there is one gym in medan ipoh, at the tuesday pasar malam area. it's on top of a food court restaurant.

i've recently joined vs gym and fitness center. if anyone need additional info about any gym, pm me. i'll tell u what i know.

oh, i heard the gym in kinta city (fitness embassy) recently has a trial membership thing. 3 months trial, for about rm400 or rm500, i think. i'm not sure.
+Quote Post
MelForC3
post Jun 25 2010, 09:50 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 24 2010, 06:09 PM)
im not quite sure whether is next to Hillcity hotel >.<"

i'll inform when i confirm about it because hopefully im gonna start next week...
+Quote Post
alvinz
post Jun 25 2010, 12:22 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(tjy2 @ Jun 25 2010, 09:15 AM)
the 2 gyms along jalan gopeng that you guys have been talking about are on the side of the road heading from gopeng to ipoh.

one is body alignment, it's at the corner along a stretch of shops. it is very near to a traffic light before you reach hillcity hotel.

the other one is called vs gym and fitness center. it's the yellow-orange building just opposite sam poh tong junction. the building is next to a mobil station after hillcity hotel. the building consists of the gym, a beauty center and a cafe, all named vs.

one of the gym in bercham is called "the gym". it's near the mobil station in bercham. of course there are few more gyms in bercham.

there is one gym in pengkalan called body work fitness center. it is just above 7-eleven. the membership is cheap but no air cond.

there is one gym in medan ipoh, at the tuesday pasar malam area. it's on top of a food court restaurant.

i've recently joined vs gym and fitness center. if anyone need additional info about any gym, pm me. i'll tell u what i know.

oh, i heard the gym in kinta city (fitness embassy) recently has a trial membership thing. 3 months trial, for about rm400 or rm500, i think. i'm not sure.
great info there!! ... and thanks ...
maybe u can roughly let us know the rates of vs gym, so we can compare abit ... anyway, thanks again
+Quote Post
tjy2
post Jun 25 2010, 02:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 25 2010, 12:22 PM)
maybe u can roughly let us know the rates of vs gym, so we can compare abit ... anyway, thanks again
i've only worked out at this gym. though i've visited a few others before deciding to join. i started my work out on sunday. then, monday and wednesday. today will be my forth visit there.

i noticed that there are always around 7 instructors there, including 1 or 2 lady instructors to take care of the ladies. all very helpful. the equipment are quite new.

they play loud music in the gym. if i remember right, the other gyms that i visited don't. the music helps me to paddle up on the cycling machine and keep me running on the treadmill.

if u're interested with exercise classes, different gym offers different exercise. u might want to consider this when u sign up.
+Quote Post
MelForC3
post Jun 25 2010, 03:19 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 25 2010, 01:04 AM)
Yup, below the gym there are a kopitiam alike shop..im going there next week, hopefully, can get to train real well biggrin.gif

anyone want to join xD most probably i'll be there from 730-930

Added on June 25, 2010, 3:25 pm
QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 25 2010, 12:22 PM)
So for the body alignment

1st payment : membership + current month fees = RM 160 (if im not mistaken)
2nd payment : monthly fees = RM 50
3rd payment : if you didnt come or didnt pay for 3 months = RM 160 again.
Equipmment : Kinda old and not too much selection. Not too comfortable for me.
Trainer : I met one that he got 2nd place on last week iron man at Parade

2nd GYM (big gym, beside mobil petrol station)
1st payment : membership + current month fees + membership card = RM 370
2nd payment : monthly fees = RM 100
Equipment : very good, looks new, many options and quite a big space. Comfortable.
Trainer : Quiet friendly but the other look darn strict and LC. Got chick show up as well biggrin.gif

Im going for the 2nd GYM biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MelForC3: Jun 25 2010, 03:25 PM
+Quote Post
tokyotenshi
post Jun 28 2010, 03:20 PM

Getting Started

thanks for the info guys. I've been wondering about that VS gym and fitness center, the one with kopitiam. Never knew there are other gyms in ipoh as well. I have a question though.. are they all with contract?

I'm already a member of fitness first platinum in KL, but i'll be in ipoh for 3 months, so to kill time i want to workout.. but i don't know which gym doesn't have contract.. and i'm not looking at the ones without aircond, lol.
+Quote Post
alvinz
post Jun 28 2010, 05:37 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(MelForC3 @ Jun 25 2010, 03:19 PM)
Yup, below the gym there are a kopitiam alike shop..im going there next week, hopefully, can get to train real well biggrin.gif

anyone want to join xD  most probably i'll be there from 730-930

Added on June 25, 2010, 3:25 pm
So for the body alignment

1st payment : membership + current month fees = RM 160 (if im not mistaken)
2nd payment : monthly fees = RM 50
3rd payment : if you didnt come or didnt pay for 3 months = RM 160 again.
Equipmment : Kinda old and not too much selection. Not too comfortable for me.
Trainer :  I met one that he got 2nd place on last week iron man at Parade

2nd GYM (big gym, beside mobil petrol station)
1st payment : membership + current month fees + membership card = RM 370
2nd payment : monthly fees = RM 100
Equipment : very good, looks new, many options and quite a big space. Comfortable.
Trainer : Quiet friendly but the other look darn strict and LC. Got chick show up as well biggrin.gif

Im going for the 2nd GYM biggrin.gif
how much for the membership of VS gym? ... and is the '2nd gym' the gym name? where is it?
thanks for the info
+Quote Post
MelForC3
post Jun 29 2010, 01:23 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(tokyotenshi @ Jun 28 2010, 03:20 PM)
thanks for the info guys. I've been wondering about that VS gym and fitness center, the one with kopitiam. Never knew there are other gyms in ipoh as well. I have a question though.. are they all with contract?

I'm already a member of fitness first platinum in KL, but i'll be in ipoh for 3 months, so to kill time i want to workout.. but i don't know which gym doesn't have contract.. and i'm not looking at the ones without aircond, lol.
Im in VS Gym & Fitness right now. Im not sure what kind of contract but they required member fees.

U can go by session but i don't think it worth that price because it is really expensive ; RM 20 per session.

So, if u are going to that gym real ofren, i suggest you to join rather than keep on paying 20 bucks everytime.

FYI, the gym is equipped with air-con ( that's the bad part) but the equipment is good enough for me.

Added on June 29, 2010, 1:26 pm
QUOTE(alvinz @ Jun 28 2010, 05:37 PM)
how much for the membership of VS gym? ...  and is the '2nd gym' the gym name? where is it?
thanks for the info
Regarding the price, i already stated in the previous post.

The 2nd gym is about 400m-500m away from VS. If you are coming from ipoh, then you will see the VS gym first then follow up by Body Alignment (2nd gym). Both of the gym will be on your right. So, u need to take a U-turn to get to the gym.

biggrin.gif chill...

This post has been edited by MelForC3: Jun 29 2010, 01:26 PM
+Quote Post
tjy2
post Jun 30 2010, 08:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tokyotenshi @ Jun 28 2010, 03:20 PM)

most gyms in ipoh do not have contract. instead, they require the members to pay a certain amount for the life membership. some are as low as rm50.

fitness embassy in kinta city however has the contract, just like most gyms in kl. and they have platinum/gold/silver/whatever memberships for u to choose from. last week they were still having promotion where you pay rm399 for 3 months trial. i'm not sure if the offer is still running.

so, if u r only going to use the gym for 3 months, i suppose fitness embassy will be more worthy to join instead of vs gym. here's the comparison:

fitness embassy: rm399 for 3 months free trial. total rm399.
vs gym: rm350 membership + rm20 access card. 1st month included. 2nd and 3rd month at rm100 per month. total rm570.

one extra thing they have in fitness embassy is the sauna. i guess most girls would love to have that.

Added on June 30, 2010, 8:50 am
QUOTE(MelForC3 @ Jun 29 2010, 01:23 PM)
FYI, the gym is equipped with air-con ( that's the bad part) but the equipment is good enough for me.
is it bad to workout in an air-con gym?

This post has been edited by tjy2: Jun 30 2010, 08:50 AM
+Quote Post
MelForC3
post Jun 30 2010, 10:20 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(tjy2 @ Jun 30 2010, 08:43 AM)
most gyms in ipoh do not have contract. instead, they require the members to pay a certain amount for the life membership. some are as low as rm50.

fitness embassy in kinta city however has the contract, just like most gyms in kl. and they have platinum/gold/silver/whatever memberships for u to choose from. last week they were still having promotion where you pay rm399 for 3 months trial. i'm not sure if the offer is still running.

so, if u r only going to use the gym for 3 months, i suppose fitness embassy will be more worthy to join instead of vs gym. here's the comparison:

fitness embassy: rm399 for 3 months free trial. total rm399.
vs gym: rm350 membership + rm20 access card. 1st month included. 2nd and 3rd month at rm100 per month. total rm570.

one extra thing they have in fitness embassy is the sauna. i guess most girls would love to have that.

Added on June 30, 2010, 8:50 am
is it bad to workout in an air-con gym?
For me, i like to sweat damn a lot but under air con, it really makes me chill...just like i've cool down everything just after 5 minutes of rest.

The sweat just like wont be coming out =.=" i dont like that...some ppl don't like to get real sweat but i do he3...

so, i stay quite far away from where the air con facing and move to a warmer place..
+Quote Post
buysellaccount
post Jan 25 2012, 02:31 PM

Getting Started

shameless bump.

anyone working out at medan ipoh's body alignment? what are its operating days/hours?

have the fees changed?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0881sec    1.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:08 PM