Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] ASTRO BYOND PVR, Technical question

views

citiranger
post Feb 19 2011, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

ASTRO just SUSPENDED MY VIEWING in order TO FORCE ME to CHANGE the MAX to PVR. I loved the MAX, got my son's favourite show, I only requested they transfer it, which they cannot or I WANT BACK MY MAX since I PAID FOR IT. THEN They say I HAVE TO PAY THE INSTALLATION BLAH BLAH BLAH....... WHATEVER.

THEY ARE NOT RESORTING to STRONG ARM TACTIC making people switch to PVR and FORCING to pay the extra RM 10 after the so called 24 months free ...

SIGH.... actually the MAX still can WORK, but they are unable to 'BLEED' subscribers for the recording features, not they found the WAY to do it.

BLADEEE HELL ASTRO, if not b'cos of wife and kids, I'll CANCELL IT, wont get a SEN from me, I'll watch EPL at MAMAK over a RM 1.20 teh tarik.

QUOTE(stan001 @ Feb 1 2011, 03:03 PM)
Just got my Astro Max replacement for Astro Byong PVR ...

First impression, 300 hours, very fast response, hv output options for RCA, Component and HDMI ( HDMI was disabled for non-HD subscribers )

The remote can be program to on/off my LG tv and also change input source.. cannot control volume level

Can record 2 channels at the same time IF you are not watching another channel ( good for time when you are not watching the tv )...

Can record linked series automatically, good for chinese series , BAD for AXN weekly series like Amazing Race.

BAD stuff....

- NO automatic weekly recording schedule
- NO way to DELETE recording after watching
- very CONFUSING interface, multiple steps to watch a recoding
- Whoever designed the user interface definitely NOT a AstroMax user or ever used a PVR before!!!!
[SIZE=7][COLOR=red]

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0104sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:02 PM