Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tamiya mini 4wd v9, Blah , lazy to write one (Hobbies)

views

El Nath
post Jun 20 2010, 06:18 PM

0 posts

Guys can I ask your opinions, regarding my setup

- Front Rollers : 1 set 19mm Plastic Roller (Taken from Double Aluminum Roller Stay)
- Back Rollers : 2 set 19mm Aluminum Roller
- MS-L + Gold Plated Terminal
- N-03 + HG Carbon Reinforced FRP Wide Front Plate N-03 Unit
- T-03 + HG Carbon Reinforced FRP Wide rear Plate
- 620 Ball Bearing set on both Wheel set
- FW : One Way Large + Arch Tires
- BW : Large Dia + Arch Tires
- HDPro on 3.5 :1 gear set + SB on gears

I got problem with cornering, each time it comes to a corner my car always jump out of the tracks (thanks to it my MS-L smoke is broken cry.gif )
I've been thinking to replace the front rollers with either a Double Aluminum (13-12mm) or take 1 set of 19mm from my back rollers and put it on the front, or should I replace the plastic one with aluminum ?

I got 2 set of 9mm BB, but I planning to use it on my Double Roller Stay, or should I try to use it ?
El Nath
post Jun 20 2010, 07:19 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(szngszng @ Jun 20 2010, 06:47 PM)
>El Nath

should you upload some pic for us ??

btw, if you use bumperless... have you set some angle at the front??
Ahh, I didn't set any angle on my Front Rollers because previously I have no problem with this setting
It just started to happening when I replaced 2 set of my back rollers (from 19mm to 14mm all plastic)
I thought by switching from plastic to Aluminum I can solve it, but it getting worse, and now 2 set of aluminum got deformed just by 3 runs cry.gif

Btw this is my car (sorry for the LQ pics since i don't have a "real" camera with me now)

user posted image user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

And since you're mentioning about setting some angles, could you tell me how can I make one with a bumperless ?
I got this angle setting (actually I ripped it off from my classic collection vol.1 tongue.gif ) should i use this ? or maybe you have some other way making those angles ?

user posted image

And thanks smile.gif

El Nath
post Jun 21 2010, 12:23 AM

0 posts

Thanks guys, I've made some modifications (using 5 degrees of angles)

and can someone give me an explanation about the correlations between roller's angles and cornering ?
so i can calculate and decide on how much angles do i need to make in order not to jump out of the tracks

@Beans

Nope smile.gif It's taken from one of the brightest star in Constellations Aries, Alpha Arietis/El Nath/ Hamal blush.gif
El Nath
post Jun 21 2010, 06:29 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(choycp @ Jun 21 2010, 01:40 AM)
fuh macam profesor pulak nak calculate macam macam

anywayz just test on the track, start from normal angle (normal bumper got angle right...) and just keep adding more angle to the roller IF necessary.
the angle creates down thrust for the car. the angle sorts of pushes down the car on the track, like f1 spoiler lah. most of the time normal angle is good enough.

kkthxbai
Lolol biggrin.gif

Ahh so it's something to do with drown thrust, and it's trial and error then when setting up an angle, right ?
because the angle chips I have, has something like 5-10-15 degrees written on it.

Thank you for your explanation about those angles smile.gif
El Nath
post Jul 8 2010, 01:33 PM

0 posts

Mint, have you tried comparing the performance between 14 Pignon vs 12 Pignon Gears ? (You can get the 12 Pignon from Type 3 Chassis)

And when you use that kind of setting, what kind of wheel did you use ? large ? Low-Height ? or even Small dia ?
El Nath
post Jul 8 2010, 04:35 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(-=conselfa=-)
so after modding the gear, what is the ratio it becomes actually?
Err...this is the formula you can put into Excel and play around with it

(Counter Pignon/Pignon)x(Counter Corona/ Corona)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So by using the Super Speed Gear as base, I think the ratio given will be something around 2:1, cmiiw

QUOTE(mint~tamiya @ Jul 8 2010, 03:42 PM)
I have tried from the gear 12 and 14.
Race condition in the same format.
Gear 14 can run faster than gear 12.
But .. if the field is the leap that many points.
Gear 12 will do 14 times better than Gears.

Summarize
The smooth running gear 14 will do 12 times better than Gears.
Running technical gear to do 12 times more than 14 gears.

The size of the wheels and tires.
Depending on the technical refinement of individual

From that I've tested.
Wheel size 2.7mm. Suitable gear 14.
If the gear wheel size 12 suit 3mm.
Based on your experience, what about the effects on the sanded gears ? how many times can you use it until it rendered unusable ?
El Nath
post Aug 11 2010, 11:55 AM

0 posts

Guys...I'm just wondering, why did (almost) all of you using large dia wheel with a super speed gears ? (and not only in this forum, almost all jap's racers also use this kind of setting)

I've been reading some of tamiya's guideline about that, which with those kind of combination it's not only "torturing" the motor it also drains the battery...

El Nath
post Aug 12 2010, 11:08 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(LanEVOchris @ Aug 11 2010, 12:31 PM)
Since its all for racing and only time attack, to gain the maximum speed = large diameter tires + super speed gear ratio. Torture motor yes, but since motor is not that expensive, as well as money is speed and speed is money, it's worth doing it, race and throw motor after race.
sweat.gif lol...new motor for new race...

btw mate, still about wheel and tire, what about the trimmed one ? i've seen some in YRG's web
he had his tire trimmed, what is the purpose of trimming one's tire ?

QUOTE(david tamiya @ Aug 12 2010, 10:43 AM)
hahaha

oct = thailand no limit open class
nov = japan mini4wd grandprix

huhuhuhu
rclxms.gif waii...as for Jap's GP what kind of chassis you're planning to use ? MS ?
El Nath
post Aug 12 2010, 12:48 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(-=conselfa=- @ Aug 12 2010, 11:28 AM)
it is normal bro, new motor for new race. unless u r the champ of the previous race, n its proven dat ur motor is very2 good, so why not use it for another race?  smile.gif

trimmed tire = reduce weight, less contact surface between tire n track. quite grip but not too much.
sweat.gif I quite like my power dash and sprint dash, and don't wanna throw it yet...that's why I only use med-small dia in order not to kill them sweat.gif

and if my car is bouncing too much, is a trimmed tire will help reduce the bounce ? because i've tried using mass dampers..it does help reducing the bounces but i think my car became quite heavy after the installations... sad.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    0.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2021 - 02:26 AM