Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SULTAN BRUNEI CERAIKAN AZRINAZ TALAK SATU News

views

Ichibanichi
post Jun 17 2010, 02:02 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Jun 17 2010, 01:19 PM)
It's up to the judge to determine what is a 'good husband'.

Technically if husband provides nafkah zahir (money to spend, house, transportation, maid etc.) and nafkah batin (consensual sex, loving children), wife has no 'real' reason to ask divorce even if he's being unfaithful.

If husband is courting other women and eventually marries a 2nd wife, technically 1st wife cannot object because Muslim man can have 4 wives. She can even be considered as a 'bad wife' if she does not consent to the 2nd wife if the husband goes through all the proper channels.

In actual Islamic law, husband doesn't actually need 1st wife's permission, only in syariah law written in Malaysia that you have to get permission from 1st wife and go to court with the permission in order to properly document the marriage.

She can ask for divorce, but it is up to her to prove that the reasons for divorce are valid as written before. The power to divorce is still with the husband.

I think Bung Mokhtar's 1st wife want a divorce, but then she has to pay compenstaion, and which woman who depend on her husband for her wealth would want that? All she can hope for is karma, in the form that Bung would soon get bored with Zizie and marry another sexy actress so Zizie can feel the same way she did.

yeah, it sounds unfair. I believe this is what Sisters in ISlam are actually fighting for, but unfortunately the Islamic law is written in stone (metaphorically), to go against it means you are against Islam itself.
Errrr.....
I thought Islam won't accept the principle of karma.

Just to enlighten everyone that karma means seed of deeds. The cultivation of deeds may or may not affect current livehood. Since Islam don't encourage the belief of rebirth, "karma" terms wildly being use as synomin to effect of action which may be misinterpret among mass.

Therefore I think the best term to use instead of karma is consequences (akibat).

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 PM