Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

relocation to big city, kl, how much to ask for allowance/increment?

views

anonymous4privacy
post Jun 16 2010, 12:20 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(emperor^10 @ Jun 16 2010, 12:14 PM)
300 is just enough for u to cover ur rent in kl dude...
correct me if i am wrong but a standard rate for room in KL/PJ...goes on the following rate:

Small Room: 300
Medium Room: 450
Master Room: 550

I remember renting a master room in KJ going at 600 ringgit.

so with cost of living is high in city centre....would 300 ringgit be enough.

Honestly I doubt it.
anonymous4privacy
post Jun 16 2010, 12:26 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Jun 16 2010, 12:13 PM)
dear all,

i was asked by my company to relocate to kl. currently living in jb with my family thus expenses have been kept low. coz eat at home, sleep at home. if i agreed to relocate, my expenses in kl will definitely high coz i gotta rent a place to stay, food all have to eat outside, even internet also have to subscribe plus driving in kl everywhere also got toll.

i'm just wondering how much do u think it's reasonable to ask from my company for allowance?? if i wan2 rent a place in PJ/damansara how much do u all think will cost? RM300 enough?

any dear forummers was relocated by their companies b4?

thanks a lot guys for your kind inputs.
I think you should list down what are the expected expenses and what are the expected necessity that needs to be owned if you are going to work in the city.

1. A place to stay
2. Water, Heater, Electric, Internet? All included?
3. Petrol?
4. Frequency of travel?
5. time frame you are expected to be in city.
6. food

take that all in to consideration(list down more or LY people can list more for you) and look at what you are drawing right now.

Do note: relocation expenditure does not mean an increment.
anonymous4privacy
post Jun 17 2010, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(kelvin_tan @ Jun 17 2010, 09:49 AM)
Hello TS. How can you include food in the list? Do you mean that when u eat in Ipoh u do not incur any cost at all? Your food is given free to you from some farmer that hasa too much supplies or something?

You incur cost when you eat at home in Ipoh in my assumption just that you do not feel the cost cause it potentially came out of the pocket of your parents?
I don't get it, why is there a need for sarcasm? I see zero value from this post.

Anyways, to the TS,

I think what kelvin_tan is trying to say is the calculation for food would not be accurate but more in terms of a bear minimum. All calculation that you have given should at least take in to consideration 5-10% from the total. There is something called a survival rate and a earning rate. what you just have quoted would a bear minimum survival rate. I am pretty sure there is some hidden expenditure that is being overlooked. that is the reason why i say, 5-10% would be something you should take in to consideration.

but as you have said, you doubt that you will be given an expected amount, actually you don't have to worry. The idea is to get a slight information to make a possible bargaining with your employer. when time comes, you should sit with your employer and present your "research" and go through it with him to see what he thinks about it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:23 AM