Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

relocation to big city, kl, how much to ask for allowance/increment?

views

dokidoki
post Jun 16 2010, 06:07 PM

I am not War machine~
4,628 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Jun 16 2010, 12:13 PM)
dear all,

i was asked by my company to relocate to kl. currently living in jb with my family thus expenses have been kept low. coz eat at home, sleep at home. if i agreed to relocate, my expenses in kl will definitely high coz i gotta rent a place to stay, food all have to eat outside, even internet also have to subscribe plus driving in kl everywhere also got toll.

i'm just wondering how much do u think it's reasonable to ask from my company for allowance?? if i wan2 rent a place in PJ/damansara how much do u all think will cost? RM300 enough?

any dear forummers was relocated by their companies b4?

thanks a lot guys for your kind inputs.
actually i think you shd ask back your company how much they going to subsidy you when you relocate to KL. if rent house...and driving there..it would definitely cost you alot.
TommyTan
post Jun 16 2010, 06:23 PM

You can call me Mr. Tan or Tommy
1,777 posts

Sometimes, relocation = please resign
TSspiderwick
post Jun 17 2010, 09:46 AM

Casual
341 posts

hi guys, i have checked it. RM 300 is definitely not enough. rental alone for middle room in PJ/damansara may cost RM500. if small room, also maybe RM350 to 400 for some. thanks for the input emperor 10, vui_msia, anonymous4privacy, michanz

HonMun, i have many frens in kl actually coz last time did work in kl before n studied in kl too. i have chance to go back hometown too as my job needs me to travel.

xenon_aniki, may i know how u come out with the RM700? any basis? thanks

faceless, TommyTan, MinusGear, the reason why my company is asking me to go kl is bcos they think i fit the job well n can help to build up the biz. i have the knowledge of the biz. another reason is they wan2 groom me also. if i not agreeable, my boss may find other candidate of coz. currently kl no suitable ppl. but there's another outstation candidate my boss is considering also. but he's waiting for my reply first.

i have tried to breakdown as below. (note: will be spending my time mayb 3wks in kl)
Toll: RM 50 (coz company will subsidies for toll to office)
Petrol: RM 100 (if i'm going back hometown in wkend, jobs related using petrol card)
Rental: RM 350~500 (depends on which room i'm getting)
Food: RM 10 x 5 days x 3 wks + RM 20 x 2 days x 3 wks = RM 270 (count for dinner & wkends only coz in jb, i eat breakfast & lunch outside also)
Laundry: kidman said if self-svc, RM 15 per wk = RM 15 x 3 = RM 45
streamyx: RM 100? or any broadband which is cheaper

i guess RM1k is wat i need. haha tongue.gif
anyway thanks brutalsoul, kelvin_tan, kidmad, anonymous, det3st, sohakyee, @lice, dokidoki for the input

actually my boss did ask me how much i m thinking. but i know definitely he cant give me 1k. wat is the min amt u all think i can accept, thinking of the career opportunity that may arise? by the way, usual practise in company is give 1 lumpsum duno 1k for the ppl to settle down if relocate.

lester1987, i love to go spore too. sent few applications but no news. coz they all want PR. nothing but PR.

hi seantang, just want to check with u. if exec level, what will be the accommodation allowance like in ur company? n wat's the 1 off lumpsum $ ur company pays? thank you

kelvin_tan
post Jun 17 2010, 09:49 AM

Passion for Pipping!
3,141 posts

Hello TS. How can you include food in the list? Do you mean that when u eat in Ipoh u do not incur any cost at all? Your food is given free to you from some farmer that hasa too much supplies or something?

You incur cost when you eat at home in Ipoh in my assumption just that you do not feel the cost cause it potentially came out of the pocket of your parents?
seantang
post Jun 17 2010, 10:32 AM

With Adult Supervision Only
6,624 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Jun 17 2010, 09:46 AM)
hi seantang, just want to check with u. if exec level, what will be the accommodation allowance like in ur company? n wat's the 1 off lumpsum $ ur company pays? thank you

The accommodation allowance will be around RM1500-2000 for execs in KL. It varies year on year with the rental of double story terrace houses in PJ.

The white goods allowance is around RM7K.
The car downpayment assistance is around RM20K-30K. The policy is that it is supposed to be enough to put a 20% down payment on a Corolla Altis, which is the standard car for execs.
anonymous4privacy
post Jun 17 2010, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(kelvin_tan @ Jun 17 2010, 09:49 AM)
Hello TS. How can you include food in the list? Do you mean that when u eat in Ipoh u do not incur any cost at all? Your food is given free to you from some farmer that hasa too much supplies or something?

You incur cost when you eat at home in Ipoh in my assumption just that you do not feel the cost cause it potentially came out of the pocket of your parents?
I don't get it, why is there a need for sarcasm? I see zero value from this post.

Anyways, to the TS,

I think what kelvin_tan is trying to say is the calculation for food would not be accurate but more in terms of a bear minimum. All calculation that you have given should at least take in to consideration 5-10% from the total. There is something called a survival rate and a earning rate. what you just have quoted would a bear minimum survival rate. I am pretty sure there is some hidden expenditure that is being overlooked. that is the reason why i say, 5-10% would be something you should take in to consideration.

but as you have said, you doubt that you will be given an expected amount, actually you don't have to worry. The idea is to get a slight information to make a possible bargaining with your employer. when time comes, you should sit with your employer and present your "research" and go through it with him to see what he thinks about it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:08 AM