Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> About blender

Augus7
post Jun 6 2010, 05:03 AM, updated 9y ago

www.facebook.com/sitrusholic
Group: Senior Member

Im not sure if this thread goes here but im pretty sure im not posting it in kopitiam section since its filled with retards. A

nyways, since im a heavy juice drinker every morning, i tot of getting a fruit blender. Then i come across this m-plan blender (bet u duno wtf is this, i google it even no result, all i know made in taiwan) from my aunt, it cost RM1000++ so i was like wtf again. Why blender coz so exp? Is the blender really good or juz high class marketing scheme? I need ur opinion in expensive blenders, thanks.

This post has been edited by Augus7: Jun 6 2010, 05:04 AM
Cotton Diesel
post Jun 6 2010, 05:34 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Just use normal blender is fine. As long as you wash it properly. Just keep it simple mate.
Spitzer
post Jun 6 2010, 06:14 AM

My opinion is that if the end result is in a drinkable form - then I'm a happy man.
Augus7
post Jun 6 2010, 11:48 AM

but i wan to know, wats so special bout expensive blenders?
Majinity
post Jun 6 2010, 12:09 PM

Enthusiast

Expensive blender, if I'm not mistaken. Etc, orange if put in including the seeds all will blend nicely, til serbuk like that so you can drink it normally. Others may need you to filter the extras which possibly make the blended juice has less of its nutritions and vitamins.
Augus7
post Jun 6 2010, 03:44 PM

but i tot if blend in powder form will lose more vitamins? since energy used to destroy it, bla bla bla science stuff
shiloong7081
post Jun 6 2010, 04:31 PM

Enthusiast

meh. i saw juicers at 500-600 and i think that's an okay price. 1k+ is overpriced imo
iamyuanwu
post Jun 6 2010, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Augus7 @ Jun 6 2010, 03:44 PM)
but i tot if blend in powder form will lose more vitamins? since energy used to destroy it, bla bla bla science stuff
WTF?
You'd have to dry it before blending to get powder form lah. It doesn't apply if you're blending into puree.
And not all drying methods are destructive, bla bla bla science stuff.

Anyway, those are high power blenders, that's why they are expensive.
I don't really trust the Taiwanese marketing-scheme blenders. Too fancy.

If you can find industrial/commercial kitchen blenders (e.g. Waring form US), they are slighty more expensive. But they are built like a tank, easy to use & simple design.... no fancy-pansy colours and pretty shapes and sizes of their Taiwanese counterparts.

This post has been edited by iamyuanwu: Jun 6 2010, 04:38 PM
Zephyr_Mage
post Jun 6 2010, 04:38 PM

ς(◕ ω ◕ς)

They are expensive because through research, they found the optimal rpm and also the optimal angle in which the blades are fixed.
This allows the blender to hit the molecules in the fruit in a way which will make its nutrients much easier to be absorbed by our bodies, increasing the quality of the juice.

Trust me, I have a PhD in Food Blending.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

OK seriously, in a nutshell,
expensive blender = more horsepower = faster, better (smoother) end product, no wastage (seeds etc)
Augus7
post Jun 6 2010, 05:26 PM

lol, the taiwanese one look like cheapskate oso..later i upload pic
leongal
post Jun 6 2010, 06:20 PM

~I have a new mission in life~

an expensive blender, meaning a better quality one, is able to blend ice as well....anyway, i am using a cheapo one.....have to tighten it well, if not juice leaks out from the bottom
~Curious~
post Jun 7 2010, 12:22 AM

Regular

expensive ones (more specialized for juicing)...can blend fruits/veggies into finer particles and usually have hard enough blades to pulverize the seeds which is where most nutrients are.plus i think their motors are designed to generate less heat (generated through blending) that would destroy nutrients in the juices..
i havent really checked up on those facts,its all hearsay haha..
what has anyone gotto say about ladyship blender?
Augus7
post Jun 7 2010, 12:33 AM

not to promote it or wat, but seriously? oxygenizing crap? relli o not? so far the only thing i google up is their facebook page on marketing stuff. Can trust or not this blender?

user posted image

This post has been edited by Augus7: Jun 7 2010, 12:36 AM
iamyuanwu
post Jun 7 2010, 04:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Jun 7 2010, 12:22 AM)
expensive ones (more specialized for juicing)...can blend fruits/veggies into finer particles and usually have hard enough blades to pulverize the seeds which is where most nutrients are.plus i think their motors are designed to generate less heat (generated through blending) that would destroy nutrients in the juices..

Add ice lah (or cold water). Duh!
Not that you're blending for such a long time that the puree is cooked.
-----
QUOTE(Augus7 @ Jun 7 2010, 12:33 AM)
not to promote it or wat, but seriously? oxygenizing crap? relli o not? so far the only thing i google up is their facebook page on marketing stuff. Can trust or not this blender?

user posted image
Screw this crap and get Waring. X^D
Waring stuff are made for commercial use and labs.
It can probably blend a grenade and still come out in 1 piece. LOL!

It's simple to use. Just place the jug on the motor & start blending.
No stupiak locking mechanisms, no twisting and turning, no weird-shaped ladle/knob (because its jug is so well designed to blend evenly), no thin plastic jug, no moving and bouncing when blending stuff (its rubber feet is huge & it's heavy), no erratic blend-stop-blend-stop rubbish (main reason why they malfunction very fast).

Seriously, once you've seen a Waring heavy duty blender (the MX 1000 series) and heard the sound that it makes while blending... I doubt any of those high class marketing stuff can even compare. laugh.gif
Just look at the size of its base (where the motor is):
http://www.waringproducts.com/com/catalog/...id=65&cat_id=14

This post has been edited by iamyuanwu: Jun 7 2010, 03:19 PM
Augus7
post Jun 7 2010, 01:21 PM

but in kch, where got can find waring...zzz
Syd G
post Jun 7 2010, 01:33 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
Health & Fitness
Group: VIP

TS,
Do you want a juicer or a blender? They're both different.
djcarmen
post Jun 7 2010, 02:42 PM

Casual

mine costs RM1.5k. its a juice extractor..

instead of the usual 4 blades, it have 6 blades. it blends n stop for a second everytime until its fit to be drank. apparently it extracts the nutrients from the fruits/vege via breaking the molecules using a certain speed.

angrydog
post Jun 7 2010, 02:59 PM

More like "fatdog" amiright?

Do you know why those blenders are so ridiculously expensive? Marketing.
ate
post Jun 7 2010, 03:02 PM

On my way

the blades are made of titanium/tungsten compound so that it cant mesh other steels.
Majinity
post Jun 7 2010, 07:20 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Jun 7 2010, 12:22 AM)
My mother's Ladyship juicer seems to have problem, sent for warranty last week. Bought them end of last year if I'm not mistaken. Something to do with its motor.
Augus7
post Jun 7 2010, 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Syd G @ Jun 7 2010, 01:33 PM)
TS,
Do you want a juicer or a blender? They're both different.
i dono, usually for juice, but wats the harm killing two birds with one stone
iamyuanwu
post Jun 7 2010, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Majinity @ Jun 7 2010, 07:20 PM)
My mother's Ladyship juicer seems to have problem, sent for warranty last week. Bought them end of last year if I'm not mistaken. Something to do with its motor.
Those with spin-stop-spin-stop cycles (Taiwanese brands seem to like this feature) seems to kaput pretty fast. My mom have one of those Seiketsu ones. Died 2 months after warranty expires.

I suspect the reason they need to stop every few seconds is because the motor is not be able to handle the power and might over-heat. Keep repeating this spin-stop-spin-stop cycle, and eventually something will break down.
Then they come up with crap pseudo-science excuses: "to avoid over oxidation of food mixture. This mechanism is in full compliance with organic food standards."
Seriously, WTF? Made me LOL!

Any heavy duty commercial blender would pulverize whatever fruits you have into smooth puree in less than 10 seconds. You guys should see how I blend a WHOLE pineapple into puree. Hah hah hah!
I don't think any of those 'high class marketing' blenders can do that. brows.gif

This post has been edited by iamyuanwu: Jun 7 2010, 11:13 PM
Augus7
post Jun 8 2010, 02:22 AM

ok, thx for the input guys.
sevenor
post Jun 8 2010, 07:53 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Augus7 @ Jun 6 2010, 05:03 AM)
Im not sure if this thread goes here but im pretty sure im not posting it in kopitiam section since its filled with retards. A

nyways, since im a heavy juice drinker every morning, i tot of getting a fruit blender. Then i come across this m-plan blender (bet u duno wtf is this, i google it even no result, all i know made in taiwan) from my aunt, it cost RM1000++ so i was like wtf again. Why blender coz so exp? Is the blender really good or juz high class marketing scheme? I need ur opinion in expensive blenders, thanks.
I have a Green Power juicer from Korea. Cost me RM2300 in 2002. Now probably cost much more (if the model is still available). Blender and juicer are different. Juicer is only for juicing and it runs at very slow speed, much like those sugar cane juicer used by roadside sugarcane drink hawkers. It has two stainless steel gears inside to slowly grind and squeeze out the juice. It's meant more for juicing hard yet juicy fruits/veges such as green apples, carrots and beet root and of course sugar cane (but need to chop the canes into smaller rectangular pieces first). I'm very satisfied with its performance. Google for it if you want to find out more.
sgpdsmss
post Sep 22 2010, 06:31 PM

On my way

anyone know currently have any promotion for Ladyship Extractor ?
pls PM me if know

thanks.
jasmineh2y
post Sep 27 2010, 09:38 AM

Enthusiast

expensive 1 got more functions maybe can do filteration, smoother blend, better knife..
dream.angels
post Feb 21 2011, 01:23 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(iamyuanwu @ Jun 7 2010, 11:11 PM)
Any heavy duty commercial blender would pulverize whatever fruits you have into smooth puree in less than 10 seconds. You guys should see how I blend a WHOLE pineapple into puree. Hah hah hah!
I don't think any of those 'high class marketing' blenders can do that. brows.gif
which blender r u using?
jady
post Feb 21 2011, 04:12 PM

-----camology-----

just use normal blender, drink the fiber and juice together. much healthier haha
Benova
post Feb 18 2014, 01:06 PM

Group: Validating

Heavy Duty Professinal 4-1 juicing,blending,mixing,processing

https://www.facebook.com/benova.my

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
~Curious~
post Feb 21 2014, 12:02 PM

Regular

any reviews for the Buffalo brand juicer?http://www.buffaloworld.com.my/index.php?/en/product/electrical_imix
got a nakada slow juicer,but it doesnt seem so good when blending burdock,strawberries and i suspect those fruits/veggies that are 'slimy' when blended lol

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0843sec    5.91    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 03:15 PM