Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hobbies Card / Board games lovers, Come to share about your games

views

leoskyangel
post Jul 6 2010, 01:39 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(junyetwong @ Jul 6 2010, 12:18 AM)
cool thanks biggrin.gif

hmm but bangsar's a bit far from my place.. used to play pokemon cards there haha.
any other shops you'd recommend around kl/cheras area?

i'm interested in space hulk, warhammer invasion, last night on earth zombie and a few other stuff..
is it better to buy them online?
Hype!

Owh, space hulk is out of print already, they're very limited with around few thousands worldwide. I was lucky to get a copy of the game. The latest 3rd edition which was released last year, was for the 20th anniversary of the game (1st was 1989). So you can see, how popular and high demand the game is even after 20 years. If you could find a new sealed space hulk 3rd edition, I believe the price will be around 120 USD. I got mine for RM399 which is around 100 USD after plus minus. Try to find in ebay, because I saw some. Yes it is expensive, but the quality really speaks itself. Components are top notch from Games Workshop (A company which I labeled as the money sucker, haha). If you paint your figures, it will be the most awesome game you've ever played, hehe. My paintings will be finished around 1 more months since the figures are small and highly detailed. I will post some pics as I promised, but not now yea.

Hmm, if you really like dungeon crawl kinda game (I labeled space hulk as dungeon crawl as well, but in the space), you can always option for claustrophobia, tannhauser, hmm, and many more than I can't remember of. Both are 2 players game (although tannhauser, can be played more, it is best if played by only 2 players). Claustrophobia is played under 90 minutes, comes from french based company and the map are from tiles which you laid during the game, so maps always changes. Price for claustrophobia is around RM245. Figures are pre-painted.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Warhammer Invasion is cool as well, but it's a card game, therefore I'm a bit hold back, hehe. Have you play the game? I'd like to give a try if I have the chance. I think the game will be similar like Magic The Gathering, except that this is not CCG. By the way, the creater, Eric M. Lang, just recently visited Malaysia last month.

I'm eying on the Horus Heresy from fantasy flight games company. But at the moment, need to save some money as I have many hobbies, hehe. One thing I hate about horus heresy is that the heroes are represented by plastic card while the armies are all figures! As far as I remember, both Warhammer Invasion and Horus Heresy cost more than RM300++ with Horus Heresy close to RM 400. I heard that Horus Heresy may caused you "brain-damage" as it's a heavy game, hehe.

As for Last night on earth the zombie game, I really enjoy the game. Get the growing hunger expansion if possible although I think the price for that expansion is just not right as it is close to the original game price.

Well, sometimes, buying from online is cheaper too. I never bought anything through online yet. You can ask eusened for more guide. He bought some games through online.

Hmm, may I know, did you just started this hobby? And also, what other games that you've played? Mind to share?

Regards
Damien

p/s opps correction, Warhammer Invasion is RM 170. My mistake cuz in my mind, anything that relates to Warhammer fantasy is always expensive, hehe, just like what I said above (in bold), lol.

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 6 2010, 05:55 PM
TSeusened
post Jul 6 2010, 11:49 AM

Casual
303 posts

Wow damien! AWESOME GAME! Altho it is superb expensive.

Recently I played munchkin with my friends, and the game quite attractive, hahaha. Well, some of my church friend doesn't like it because the game is too much with the curse. Have you tried that before?

About the buying online, one of my colleague told me that buy all the game from amazon, i found that site is selling quite cheap with good quality games. He said buy few in a shot, then ask your friend which in US to help you to post it back to MY with the local post service, not DHL or any branded courier service company.

Last but not least, welcome to the club junyetwong!!! LOL brows.gif

This post has been edited by eusened: Jul 6 2010, 11:50 AM
leoskyangel
post Jul 6 2010, 06:09 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(eusened @ Jul 6 2010, 11:49 AM)
Wow damien! AWESOME GAME! Altho it is superb expensive.

Recently I played munchkin with my friends, and the game quite attractive, hahaha. Well, some of my church friend doesn't like it because the game is too much with the curse. Have you tried that before?

About the buying online, one of my colleague told me that buy all the game from amazon, i found that site is selling quite cheap with good quality games. He said buy few in a shot, then ask your friend which in US to help you to post it back to MY with the local post service, not DHL or any branded courier service company.

Last but not least, welcome to the club junyetwong!!! LOL  brows.gif
Owh munchkin! It's classic and super funny with the artworks and gameplay, although it's a killing/bashing creatures dungeon crawl type of game, haha. And yea, attractive as well. They have lotsa expansions!!! Nope never played before. One thing I hate is that, the monsters/creatures representation come in a card stand, doesn't suit my liking as I always prefer a figure/miniatures. What do you think about the game? was it really really good?

Thanks for the online tips, will keep them in mind.

I think, sooner or later, I will option to purchase board games through online. I'm having some bad experience with some of the FLGS with their services. I guess FLGS (friendly local game store) is not friendly anymore.

I'm thinking to buy card sleeves through online, but the one that I want is out of stock. Here's the link if you wanna have a look:
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/produc...s.cfm?SKU=FFS03

Hey eusend, I need your advice if you don't mind. Do you think it's worth if I buy this card sleeves, which only cost USD2.99 per packet from the US (I will purchase more than few packets, not 1 for sure)? or Do I save more if buy locally?

Thanks!

Regards
Damien

junyetwong
post Jul 6 2010, 08:53 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(leoskyangel @ Jul 6 2010, 01:39 AM)
Hype!

Owh, space hulk is out of print already, they're very limited with around few thousands worldwide. I was lucky to get a copy of the game. The latest 3rd edition which was released last year, was for the 20th anniversary of the game (1st was 1989). So you can see, how popular and high demand the game is even after 20 years. If you could find a new sealed space hulk 3rd edition, I believe the price will be around 120 USD. I got mine for RM399 which is around 100 USD after plus minus. Try to find in ebay, because I saw some.  Yes it is expensive, but the quality really speaks itself. Components are top notch from Games Workshop (A company which I labeled as the money sucker, haha). If you paint your figures, it will be the most awesome game you've ever played, hehe. My paintings will be finished around 1 more months since the figures are small and highly detailed. I will post some pics as I promised, but not now yea.

Hmm, if you really like dungeon crawl kinda game (I labeled space hulk as dungeon crawl as well, but in the space), you can always option for claustrophobia, tannhauser, hmm, and many more than I can't remember of. Both are 2 players game (although tannhauser, can be played more, it is best if played by only 2 players). Claustrophobia is played under 90 minutes, comes from french based company and the map are from tiles which you laid during the game, so maps always changes. Price for claustrophobia is around RM245. Figures are pre-painted.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Warhammer Invasion is cool as well, but it's a card game, therefore I'm a bit hold back, hehe. Have you play the game? I'd like to give a try if I have the chance. I think the game will be similar like Magic The Gathering, except that this is not CCG. By the way, the creater, Eric M. Lang, just recently visited Malaysia last month.

I'm eying on the Horus Heresy from fantasy flight games company. But at the moment, need to save some money as I have many hobbies, hehe. One thing I hate about horus heresy is that the heroes are represented by plastic card while the armies are all figures! As far as I remember, both Warhammer Invasion and Horus Heresy cost more than RM300++ with Horus Heresy close to RM 400. I heard that Horus Heresy may caused you "brain-damage" as it's a heavy game, hehe.

As for Last night on earth the zombie game, I really enjoy the game. Get the growing hunger expansion if possible although I think the price for that expansion is just not right as it is close to the original game price.

Well, sometimes, buying from online is cheaper too. I never bought anything through online yet. You can ask eusened for more guide. He bought some games through online.

Hmm, may I know, did you just started this hobby? And also, what other games that you've played? Mind to share?

Regards
Damien

p/s opps correction, Warhammer Invasion is RM 170. My mistake cuz in my mind, anything that relates to Warhammer fantasy is always expensive, hehe, just like what I said above (in bold), lol.
thanks for the reply! biggrin.gif
I've been wanting to play board games for a long long time but cant find ppl to play with until recently. I'm from KL but now studying in johor, staying near all my uni friends so got ppl to play with.. I've been playing Risk and Cluedo.

I have World of Warcraft board game but haven't tried playing it with 6 players yet.. It kinda suck to play with just 2 players though haha.

hmm rm170 is quite expensive for a card game la lol. I've never played before but it looks quite interesting - I've checked the tutorials on the official site tongue.gif but i still think its more worth it to get those games with figures which you can move around and kill each other haha.

eeeeee space hulk's so expensive =.= yikes 400. claustrophobia looks nice too.. I think I'll try get that one. The figures are cool! painted hehe. Which is a better game in your opinion?

I'm also looking for the kind of board games you can play with 6 players.. We're zombie ppl so Last Night on Earth zombie is perfect!
Do you know how much it cost and where can i get both this game and claustrophobia? I used to go comics corner in bangsar but it's quite far la.

Anything else you'd recommend? How about Through the Age or Puerto Rico, have you tried them?

Gonna try out dungeons and dragons soon lol.

This post has been edited by junyetwong: Jul 6 2010, 09:32 PM
leoskyangel
post Jul 6 2010, 10:20 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(junyetwong @ Jul 6 2010, 08:53 PM)
thanks for the reply! biggrin.gif
I've been wanting to play board games for a long long time but cant find ppl to play with until recently. I'm from KL but now studying in johor, staying near all my uni friends so got ppl to play with.. I've been playing Risk and Cluedo.

I have World of Warcraft board game but haven't tried playing it with 6 players yet.. It kinda suck to play with just 2 players though haha.

hmm rm170 is quite expensive for a card game la lol. I've never played before but it looks quite interesting - I've checked the tutorials on the official site tongue.gif but i still think its more worth it to get those games with figures which you can move around and kill each other haha.

eeeeee space hulk's so expensive =.= yikes 400. claustrophobia looks nice too.. I think I'll try get that one. The figures are cool! painted hehe. Which is a better game in your opinion?

I'm also looking for the kind of board games you can play with 6 players.. We're zombie ppl so Last Night on Earth zombie is perfect!
Do you know how much it cost and where can i get both this game and claustrophobia? I used to go comics corner in bangsar but it's quite far la.

Anything else you'd recommend? How about Through the Age, have you tried that?

Gonna try out dungeons and dragons soon lol.
Hype.

Well, I'll try my best to reply.

Owh I see, so you've been playing Risk and Cluedo with your friends. What do they think about the game?

World of Warcraft! Nice game although I hate some bits like the player interaction is next to none, long downtime and few other more. But it is still a good game. Just that it is hard to fit my bills, different people have different preferences. Like me, I only can play long game during weekends, but it's not a promise that I can play them every weekends, so sometimes me/my friends/family option to go for board games that offer short game time. So I just couldn't see why should I get it, unless I am a board game collector.

Hehe, maybe we can gather and play your WoW board game one day, haha. I played my friend's copy but that was long ago, I think I lost contact with her already.

Yup, I'm with you, I always think twice if I wanna get card games that cost around RM 200. But if it's a bloody good game, I will get it. Most of my card games are party games, can be played by many people. Like my Bang! the Bullet, which I bought around RM179.90 if I'm not mistaken, can be played by 8 and sometimes I go to 13 players even rules said only 8 tongue.gif

Owh, yea, figures/miniatures are an important criteria when I wanna purchase a game. Because, I can know that the money I spent for the game went for the figures, means, good appearance of a game is a must have for me/appealing to me. We usually call this Ameritrash. Eurogames tend to use cubes and meeples, but I still buy them for the awesome gameplay/theme.

Yea I know, Space Hulk is damn expensive, to be honest, it's the most expensive game I've ever bought (I painted the figures, which made it even more expensive). But high price actually due to the quality and high grade stock that they used. It's a limited edition game, hence contribute to the price. The miniatures are highly detailed. Also, the game is super duper awesome. Full of thrilling moments and suspense all the time, and with the addition of the glass sand timer, what more can I say, haha. Although the game is based on pure luck because the game uses dice mechanic instead of cards etc, it is still a VERY good game. I think I'll need to let you play one day for you to believe with what I said. But haha, the box is already pretty heavy because of the components of the game.

Which is better? Haha, of course I'd say Space Hulk! smile.gif

But claustrophobia is nice as well, there are cards used in the game, so medium luck. But the troglodytes (the enemy) minis have the same action pose while for space hulk, there's no similar miniatures! But overall, there's no reason for you to not buy claustrophobia. Just remember that it's a 2 player game, so if you think that 2 players game fit you bill, then go and get it. Try to find cheaper than RM 245.

Dude, you should go hunt for board games in Singapore. I heard, the prices the offered are cheaper even after conversion. But sorry if I'm wrong.

6 players? Have you look at Runewars? It was released this year (2010). Awesome miniatures (try look at the dragon figure-it will blow your mind), 3D modular map (mountains are in 3D shape). Some downside is that, played in about 3 hours! And the fact that the heroes do not battle with the armies, what a turn down.

Others, hmm, Talisman 4th edition, Puerto Rico (need expansion if I'm not mistaken). I cannot recall all 6 players board game as there are too many of them, will post if I remember ya.

For last night on earth, I really recommend the game. I actually bought this game accidentally. I dislike co-op game, but luckily this game LNoE turns out well for my gaming group.

Prices that I know off (estimated price except for LNoE and GH XP). I only have LNoE and the GH XP:
Last night on earth: the zombie game- RM 220
LNoE Growing Hunger(GH) XP- RM 170
LNoE Survival of the fittest pack XP- RM 120
LNoE with grave weapons miniature set XP - RM 120
LNoE hero pack XP - RM 120

I don't wanna get other XP as it will lengthen the gameplay.

Hmm, I don't know about shops located outside than Klang Valley. Have you try to look online (I haven't for LNoE)? Maybe you can get cheaper. I felt that I was cheated with the prices you know. Please try to get cheaper if possible. Also, for my GH XP, the colours for zombie and hero cards seems a little not right, like the colours are a bit light, not thick enough. Maybe they improve it with the next printing.

Dungeons and Dragons (DnD), very popular classic game!!!! But it's a co-op game, so hehe, not for me.

Regards
Damien

p/s glad to share this hobbies with you guys. Also, may I know, how much did you bought that WoW board game ya?

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 6 2010, 10:28 PM
junyetwong
post Jul 7 2010, 12:17 AM

32 posts

Risk gets boring after a while, quite repetitive and too much luck involved.. Cluedo is too intense.. Everybody's too focused on their little sheet of paper all the time.

The reason i seldom play my WoW cos it feels so much like an AI game. Agree with the player interaction part. Sigh. My brother bought it for 300++, but i think my friends will like it la if we got time to play next time. Havent played it with my friends before.

Yeah man i feel its only worth it if i got cool pretty stuff.. Now not so keen on warhammer invasion already.. it's more expensive than i thought! just add a few more bucks then can get games with pretty miniatures haha.

o.o runewars has cool figures as well, but i'm pretty sure it's out of my price range haha.

I wouldn't mind hunting board games in Singapore, just that I dont know where the shops are.. I cant even find the shops in KL lol. =.=
Tried comics corner but my com says the websit may harm my computer so I'm gonna try to surf using public com tomorrow haha.

D&D can be quite a put off cos it's too virtual in a way. Unless you have figures to play with.. I haven't played before though.

I'm planning to get 2 board games soon. I'm trying to find one dungeon crawler sort of game and another game for more players biggrin.gif
I'm thinking puerto rico since it has got such great reviews.. Or LNoE la but I read the reviews online and I've got some doubts about the game.. Hmm you seriously think it's a good buy ar?

So the games on my list now is puerto rico, chaos in old world, LNoE and claustrophobia tongue.gif
I've played Bang! before and I dont think it's the kind of game I'd spend hundred buck on haha. Quite interested in bohnanza and bang though if i can get them really cheap.. maybe i shoould try buying online,
Any cheap-must-try game you'd recommend?
leoskyangel
post Jul 7 2010, 06:23 PM

49 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Hype!

Aha, yea. Well, Risk is so commercial that I think every family has it. As a matter of fact, Risk is my 2nd board game after Monopoly. Risk is sitting in my shelf untouched for a really long time. I never played cluedo before tongue.gif

World of Warcraft the board game is from the PC game franchise, so the title is more appealing to those who play the PC game, like your friends I believe.

Yup, comic's corner website is harmful, I told them already. They seldom update their items in their website except for the news column. E-mail them and ask to put yourself in their mailing list. They will update you with upcoming items through e-mail.

Puerto Rico is currently at no. 1 ranking board game, hence good reviews. PR and Agricola always fight for the 1st place. I dislike Agricola and I find that PR is hardly plays in my gaming group although we sometimes play it. My friends commented that PR is too heavy for them, they had "brain-damaged" after that, lol. Friends are casual gamer, only few are hardcore.

Hmm, can you please tell me what are the doubts that you've seen about LNoE? Maybe I can answer them for you ya. smile.gif

Chaos in the Old World (CitOW) is an awesome game!!!! But I need to remind you that it is best to be played with 4 players. 3 will be less intense. FYI, CitOW is in the same fantasy as space hulk, which is Warhammer. The figures in CitOW is the real deal, awesome. For this game, I hardly find any girls wanna play it, like some of my friends. They say it's too wicked or something, lol. The best thing I found in CitOW is that you get to play as GOD, and all 4 GODs (players) in the game are different, their winning points are achieved in different ways for different GOD. The board game map depicts a stretched human skin! Game time hits the sweet spot for me, around 90 minutes. Some of the territory in the board game is too small to fit all the figures. Also, the borders of the area are a bit hard to find, but not a problem though!

I recommend all 4 board games (PR, CitOW, Claustrophobia, LNoE) since they all are different that one another. I know, its a tough choice! Reviews and videos will help you for sure.

Owh, 2 board games? Maybe I can help you out, but I need to know the criteria that you need in a game, like:

These are important to ensure that your purchases are worth it and to see the board games to be on the gaming table more often. As games are an expensive hobbies to us (as we're still student), I just think that we're not in a state to collect board games now.
2 board games that you're planning to get= 1 dungeon crawler+1 board game with many players.

DUNGEON CRAWLER

BOARD GAME FOR MANY PLAYERS

As for cheap games that you must try, this is a bit hard. Different person has different preference. What about Print and Play games (PnP). Some of them are free, which you can get from the internet. You just need to print it on paper, cut/paste it, and walla, you get yourself a game. But problem is, not many people willing to spend time to do the work. One PnP game that is in my favourite is Zombies in my pocket (ZimP). Played for 1 person only.

Other cheap game, I recommend Carcassonne (RM125), Settlers of Catan (RM145). San Juan (RM125). I don't remember all, sorry.

Regards
Damien

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 7 2010, 06:26 PM
Hisodin
post Jul 7 2010, 07:42 PM

10 posts

Hi, I've gotten myself a new game (LCG) from Fantasy Flight "Warhammer Invasion", I've tried and it seems fun to play. So far I only know 2 places that this game are recently played such as Toybox and Comics Corner. It's a new game and I think the community is starting to grow with a handful of people from World of Warcraft TCG. I'm just wondering if anyone in Malaysia and from Petaling Jaya have bought this game and is looking for players to meet up in either one of the two places that I mentioned and probably start of a community for LCG's / this game?

This is the website of the game: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_min...e%20Card%20Game

This post has been edited by Hisodin: Jul 7 2010, 07:43 PM
leoskyangel
post Jul 7 2010, 08:12 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Hisodin @ Jul 7 2010, 07:42 PM)
Hi, I've gotten myself a new game (LCG) from Fantasy Flight "Warhammer Invasion", I've tried and it seems fun to play. So far I only know 2 places that this game are recently played such as Toybox and Comics Corner. It's a new game and I think the community is starting to grow with a handful of people from World of Warcraft TCG. I'm just wondering if anyone in Malaysia and from Petaling Jaya have bought this game and is looking for players to meet up in either one of the two places that I mentioned and probably start of a community for LCG's / this game?

This is the website of the game: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_min...e%20Card%20Game
Hype!

When did you bought your copy of Warhammer Invasion? Eric M. Lang came to Toybox in june this year. You should've get your box signed by him, hehe. And may I know, how much did you bought it?

Hmm, sorry, I don't see myself in getting this game now or near future. As there are many games in my wishlist. But I'd like to get my hands on it if anyone's willing to teach me. I think some of my friends may have this. I'll try to ask.

When do you play at comic' corner? I just came to the shop yesterday to get some board game accessories.

Regards

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 7 2010, 10:17 PM
junyetwong
post Jul 7 2010, 08:51 PM

32 posts

Hey! thanks for the reply!

I love heavy games haha. Cluedo is really interesting, it's brain consuming but you dont feel much control in the game.. It's a lot of guesswork and logic reasoning, but very little decision making component.

I found toybox's website and i think I'm gonna visit them soon biggrin.gif

Taught my friend World of Warcraft and he's very interested, gonna get a few more players and try to play it out! Hope to get enough hours on it to make the money worth it.

For LNoE, there'll be 4 human players and 1 zombie player? The quests are like stalling and card drawing right, like you need to get gasoline so need to wait until you draw the card.. if unlucky and the card is at bottom then confirm cannot win right?

Checked out the dungeon crawlers you've listed.. Claustrophobia is still my favourite cos of the painted pretty figures hahaha. Doom and Journey looks interesting but the no-color figure are a turn off for me =/

Have you played Race for Galaxy before?

Carcassonne looks nice too for it's price. I'll be deciding between PR (good reviews plus I like brainy games), Chaos in the Old World (the Gods and stuff sounds interesting.. can play with 4 players..), Claustrophobia (OMG the figures are awesome!! plus it's 2 player game means can play when cant gather everyone), LNoE (we're left 4 dead players, how could we resist this game? but it's down on my buy list cos I can persuade my other friends to buy this haha). Ish very hard to decide.. I guess I'll ask toybox for the price first before deciding.. I dont really have a budget, but I wanna get games which I think are worth the money smile.gif

btw, can you give me the email for comics corner? thanks!

This post has been edited by junyetwong: Jul 7 2010, 08:57 PM
leoskyangel
post Jul 8 2010, 01:16 AM

49 posts

To clarify your doubts on LNoE.

LNoE can be played with 6 players, 4 human/hereos and 2 zombie players. I don't really recommend 2 zombie players though. Yes, gameplay is like stalling and card drawing. For heroes, you can only draw card (to search for items/combat cards/etc) when in buildings. For zombie players, he/she draw cards until hands are full (max are 4 cards) in every round.

For the gasoline question, answer is yes and no, it depends actually. In every game, there are always 4 heroes. So when these heroes are in building they will be able to do a "search" action ( search action allows a hero to draw a card). So you have 4 times the chance to get the gasoline. Also, if your map has a gas station, you can automatically get a gasoline card by using the "pick up" action, which in this situation, the hero will automatically pick up a gasoline card in the discard pile instead of doing the normal "search". This happened only when your hero is on the building.

Also, if one hero has a gasoline card, which he can keep in his hand (A hero able to carry 4 items including 2 weapons), and suddenly another hero is in a position where he/she needs a gasoline so bad, you can exchange item between each other when both heroes are in the same space.

So you can see that it is not that bad/hard. If a hero couldn't get the gasoline card, don't you think it adds the thrill and suspense moment to the player? Hehe. He needs gasoline so bad while zombies are surrounding/aftering him.

To excite you more on LNoE, hehe:

If you want pre-painted figures, the closest thing I can think of other than Claustrophobia that fit your bill is maybe Tannhauser.I don't recommend it because of the conflict rules. But the publisher has just released the new rule book this year, I don't know how well the new rules cover the glitches. But you can check it out.

As for Race for the galaxy, I've played it before. To me, it feels like magic the gathering because there are lots of numbers on the card. One bad thing about this game is that, it will be hard for new players to learn the game especially the casual gamer as there are many numbers on the card for them to understand/digest. Just my thoughts. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it ya.

Regards

p/s please share when you've decided with your purchase ya!

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 8 2010, 01:20 AM
junyetwong
post Jul 8 2010, 08:09 AM

32 posts

Oh now after you've explained it, it sounded much more interesting than I thought!! What happens when a character dies? Does the player gets a new character? Heard about that in a video review.. It's easy to learn and not much strategy can you plan out right?

Claustrophobia may have pretty figures but it's a little too ex for a 2-player game I think.. Plus most of the figurs are repetitive haha.

So I'm planning to get Puerto Rico, Chaos in the Old World, and maybe Bohnanza. I'll ask my friend to get LNoE haha!

I've played Bohnanza before in OTK Cheras and I quite like it.. Thought I'd get it if I can find it. Have to laminate and all though, quite ma fan.. Hope toybox or comics corner have the spcecial sleeves for them =X

Hisodin
post Jul 8 2010, 10:01 AM

10 posts

@ leoskyangel

I got the core set as a present from my relatives in Singapore, early this month. It was still sealed up and the price tag was still on it. Priced at SGD58
After that I did some net research on the game and found out that Eric M. Lang had dropped by Toybox a month back, was too late to get his autograph sad.gif

I only found out that Comics Corner had an open release of the game in March this year, through the fantasy flight web as it was stated there. Ong in Toybox is a great teacher, cause he's the one whom answered all my questions about the game which some of the game mechanics was not taught in the tutorial video.

This is the link for the video to get you started on the basic play but for the other cards used in the game, Ong is needed to helped out ^^
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_min...?eidm=85&esem=4

Is the Bohnanza cards was smaller than regular TCG's size? Such as MTG, WoW & Warhammer Invasion?
If so, I've seen sleeves for it in Toybox recently, there was a few like super small size for smaller cards.

@ junyetwong

Here's comics corner email, not sure if they reply fast.
comiccor@gmail.com

Most of the time, if I want to ask about games / play games, I'll contact Hafeez in comics corner 77258528

LNoE sounds interesting. Gosh too many games to consider and play, Ong even tried to persuade me into WoW TCG :/

Planning to get A Game of Thrones LCG, I'm a little worried about the amount of players in Asia though, heard from Ong @ Toybox, the players are way lesser than the handful of players in Warhammer Invasion LCG. sad.gif
leoskyangel
post Jul 8 2010, 06:24 PM

49 posts

Haha, yea. To me LNoE gameplay is so much close to zombie movies, it's like you really play/be the characters in movies.

Yes, the hero players gets to draw a new hero when his/her last hero died. In the original/basic game, there are 8 heroes while in GW XP has 4 more heroes. When a player has his/her last hero died, that hero will be turned to a zombie hero (controlled by opponent).

My friends said the rules are easy to be learned, that's why LNoE is one of the game that gets on the table often. Plus the theme in the game is so strong. Game is not that brutal like Space Hulk. Well for the strategy, I guess you just need to know the objectives of the scenario that you're playing. Some is hard and some is easy. If there are 4 players for 4 heroes, surely you guys can work things out. Should I run? Should I search weapon? Should I fight?Should I help?Should I use this card now? etc etc, those are some of the questions you'll def asked yourself. Plus, the interaction is high (I rate them 7/10) in this game. The details on the board are awesome too.

Some interesting scenarios are one that you need to "defend the manor house" from zombies coming in. Another might be "escape in the truck" where you need to find the gasoline and keys to start the truck and escape the town. There are many amazing scenarios made by fan that you can get from the net.

Hmm, maybe you can buy claustrophobia next time? After you get yourself what you wanted first. smile.gif

Good choices you got there. I'm sure you'll enjoy Chaos in the Old World so much like me! One advice is to get some storage boxes to properly keep the figures as they are a bit fragile, but not that fragile like space hulk. Please share how much you bought all your games yea. Try to get cheaper than mine if possible. If you have time, go paint you CitOW figures! More appealing!

Bohnanza has american card dimension which is 56mm x 87mm. Mayday and Fantasy flight games do provide card sleeve for that size. You can find them at toybox or comics corner. To me FFG card sleeves is the best, better than mayday and ultrapro. Although it's a bit expensive, but it provides solid protection to your cards. Refer to 1st page for prices ya. FFG card sleeves is out of stock from the publisher, you might wanna grab fast before it sold out at your nearest FLGS. Or you can laminate if you want, ask eusened for some help!

@Hisodin

I think the super small card sleeves that you're referring to is for euro cards smile.gif

I think I'll add Warhammer Invasion in my wish list, hehe.

Haha, to be honest, I had enough of TCG. No more!

Maybe you should play LNoE to know whether you should buy it or not. To me, reading reviews, rulebook, and watching videos really help me in deciding. smile.gif

Dude, you're really a big card game fan! Why not play with your friends instead of targeting outside crowds. I know that Game of Thrones HBO series will come out soon!

Regards

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 8 2010, 07:15 PM
Hisodin
post Jul 8 2010, 09:45 PM

10 posts

didn't know there's going to be a HBO series for that game.

I wouldn't be asking if my friends were still around to play card games / even board games. Most of them had moved on with their lives with Online Gamings :/
leoskyangel
post Jul 14 2010, 01:41 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(Hisodin @ Jul 8 2010, 09:45 PM)
didn't know there's going to be a HBO series for that game.

I wouldn't be asking if my friends were still around to play card games / even board games. Most of them had moved on with their lives with Online Gamings :/
It's actually based on novel series.

Oh now after you've explained it, it sounded much more interesting than I thought!! What happens when a character dies? Does the player gets a new character? Heard about that in a video review.. It's easy to learn and not much strategy can you plan out right?

Claustrophobia may have pretty figures but it's a little too ex for a 2-player game I think.. Plus most of the figurs are repetitive haha.

So I'm planning to get Puerto Rico, Chaos in the Old World, and maybe Bohnanza. I'll ask my friend to get LNoE haha!

I've played Bohnanza before in OTK Cheras and I quite like it.. Thought I'd get it if I can find it. Have to laminate and all though, quite ma fan.. Hope toybox or comics corner have the spcecial sleeves for them =X

I saw chaos in the old world at borders bookstore in the curve for RM245

spacelion
post Jul 14 2010, 02:22 AM

Ada Liu
1,668 posts

hmm, board and card games. I prefer something easier like Blokus, Wings of War or Agricola. (although nowadays everyone thinks Agricola is just a farmville rip off instead of the other way round)
leoskyangel
post Jul 24 2010, 01:13 PM

49 posts

@junyetwong

So dude, how's your progress? Have you purchase the board games that you want? I'm looking forward for your views on Chaos in the Old World gameplay. Btw, please check your cultist's banners if they are in bad shape, like bend. Mine was a bit bend but I corrected them.

Also, I've been eying on Cyclades. A 5 players war+city building+auction+nautical game. The best is it's based on mythological history!! I dislike auction game, really. But seeing their simple auction mechanics to summons the gods/creatures, looks like I need to give a try. Gameplay plays rather fast, around 1.5 hours.

You might wanna look at them! Hehe. Also, all 5 players figures, have their own unique designs, now that's what we're looking for right? The mythological creatures also are very nice! They're one of the best. I'm looking for this game, but I heard, asmodee (the international publisher) is currently out of stock. I guess this game is hot!

@eusened

Dude, I finished painting my space hulk miniatures!! I canceled my earlier plan to hire someone to paint them. The outcome is not that awesome, but hey at least, I learnt alot when painting on my own, haha. Also, I've painted my Last night on earth:the board game figures as well. There's one zombie, I painted like Michael Jackson's outfit, haha, cuz the zombie's pose is really like MJ's pose in the undead scene.

I'm waiting for my camera to be repaired at the moment. It's either I'll wait, or carry it on with a compact camera

Also, what have you been up to?

@spacelion

Aha, I recall blokus and wings of war are in the simple/easy side. But not for agricola, hehe.

May I know how much did you bought your copy of Agricola? There will be a new print for agricola very soon.

Regards
Damien

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Jul 24 2010, 01:20 PM
_skeevs
post Jul 24 2010, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Hi guys!

Just came across this thread today. Anyways, I saw that there's been quite some discussion on card sleeves. FYI I just got 1000 sleeves for Dominion from this guy in Bangkok:

http://shop.ebay.com.my/tbg_shop/m.html?_n...=&_trksid=p3686

Check out the other sizes that he has also.

Anyways, I've been busy playing RFTG & Dominion as of the past few weeks. I'm really looking forward to the soon to be released Space Hulk Death Angel co-op card game. If anybody else might be interested, could make a bulk order, since I'm not sure when our local/online retailers will carry stock. And, I want it ASAP biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Perry

Added on July 24, 2010, 9:48 pm@Hisodin, I swung by Toybox that night Eric Lang was there...was just a few people there tho.We picked up the Assault on Ulthuan expansion, and just got him to sign on my buddy's Dark Elves capital board (for WH:Invasion)

Added on July 24, 2010, 9:53 pm@Damien, IMO, RFTG is really gooood!! I can't agree with your comparisons to MTG on that one. I don't think it's anywhere near. But rules are slightly complicated and can easily make mistakes. But once you pick everything up correctly, the strategy/gameplay is interesting with more players.

I have Dominion's base set + Intrigue exp. at the moment, should be picking up the Seaside exp. soon biggrin.gif

Also, Pandemic & Wasabi!(for my wife) also but those have just been shelved for few weeks now tongue.gif

This post has been edited by _skeevs: Jul 24 2010, 09:54 PM
leoskyangel
post Jul 24 2010, 10:10 PM

49 posts

Hi guys!

Just came across this thread today. Anyways, I saw that there's been quite some discussion on card sleeves. FYI I just got 1000 sleeves for Dominion from this guy in Bangkok:

http://shop.ebay.com.my/tbg_shop/m.html?_n...=&_trksid=p3686

Check out the other sizes that he has also.

Anyways, I've been busy playing RFTG & Dominion as of the past few weeks. I'm really looking forward to the soon to be released Space Hulk Death Angel co-op card game. If anybody else might be interested, could make a bulk order, since I'm not sure when our local/online retailers will carry stock. And, I want it ASAP biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Perry
Hype!

Dude, I'm waiting for space hulk: death angel as well, FFG is really good in keeping their audience not to stick on the seats as they show the previews bit by bit on their website. I really don't care how the rate/reviews when they're out as anything related to warhammer 40k is a must buy for me, though I hate co-op game so bad, lol.

Also, the new edition of dungeonQuest from FFG. Owh, not to forget, city of thieves.

How do you reckon for the bulk order for death angel? Will it be under toybox or by you? I noticed the pre-order opened since middle of july, I still have no idea how much will the total cost be?

Can I know how much did you bought RFTG and Dominion?

Dude, any reason why did you purchase from thailand? I tried to calculate what the total cost would be for dominion, but it seems pricey, not sure if I miscalculated. May I know the reason why you didn't opt for others, like ultrapro? they're cheap locally.

Regards.
Damien

47 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0299sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 PM