71 Pages « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cover Letters / Resume (CVs), One Stop For ALL

views

scottyvstheworld
post Nov 29 2015, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(xiaohuihui @ Nov 28 2015, 01:27 AM)
don't think it will affect much, at least u're being honest with them..
& honesty goes a long way.. every company would want their staffs to be honest so company can give u heavier responsibility tasks.
Hardworking & honesty is  the way to go  nod.gif
QUOTE(FiftyFifty @ Nov 29 2015, 02:52 AM)
Yeah , it shouldn't affect much.. i did the same mistake before & i just smiled & move on lol.
& they hired me and i worked there for a good 4 years  nod.gif
Ok thanks guys. Hope it's true, your comments eased my stress
AnythingK
post Jan 6 2016, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

Hmmm wanted to tidy up my resume, makes me wonder do we input our salary on the past job experience, and also expected salary in the resume?

I did put in both in my resume previously.

This post has been edited by AnythingK: Jan 6 2016, 04:41 PM
fuzzy
post Jan 6 2016, 05:18 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(AnythingK @ Jan 6 2016, 04:39 PM)
Hmmm wanted to tidy up my resume, makes me wonder do we input our salary on the past job experience, and also expected salary in the resume?

I did put in both in my resume previously.
Nope. Put things that are related and concrete in your resume. Resume's role is to have a quick highlight of your strengths and achievements, so anything else that is unrelated to the role you will be doing is not essential.

I see a lot of resume's littered with things like pictures, age, gender, etc.. for jobs that those factor have no impact in anyway.
ericng19
post Jan 12 2016, 05:56 PM

Casual
414 posts

Hey guys, I hope any of you guys can help me out, I'm writing my resume and under the education section, what should I write or describe the program I was in below the subject lists, does it need to be long or short?
fuzzy
post Jan 14 2016, 04:41 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

I can have a look and provide my opinion if you are keen on it. Whilst I think my resume isn't top notch, it hasn't really failed to get me to where I am today.

I did lost out on a job to an ME MNC as I was too junior for the role sad.gif
mentalhealth.my
post Jan 25 2016, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
Validating
147 posts

What to do? My resume is full of emploment gaps and job hops.

JustcallmeLarry
post Feb 4 2016, 09:50 AM

Regular
1,363 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jan 14 2016, 04:41 PM)
I can have a look and provide my opinion if you are keen on it. Whilst I think my resume isn't top notch, it hasn't really failed to get me to where I am today.

I did lost out on a job to an ME MNC as I was too junior for the role sad.gif
Hey guys can teach me how to reply to an email which says they already receive my resume and now they just screening candidate, they will let you know in a few days if you been successful for interview???

Anything I can reply to stand out?

fuzzy
post Feb 4 2016, 10:06 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Feb 4 2016, 09:50 AM)
Hey guys can teach me how to reply to an email which says they already receive my resume and now they just screening candidate, they will let you know in a few days if you been successful for interview???

Anything I can reply to stand out?
Can't say for sure, I never really hear any of my colleagues mentioned anything that stood out based on a reply. However, put in a note of thanks (e.g. thanks for the opportunity, look forward to good news, etc etc..) and do follow up after the few days.

While I'll be honest and say most hiring managers and HR partners has likely made up their mind in the middle or towards the end of the interview on a candidate, I have been personally told the reason I landed a job back when I started my career was due to the fact I followed up for a response and that conveyed something that prompted the hiring manager to hire me.

That is a pretty personal anecdote though which might not be universal, but it is generally a good practice to do.
JustcallmeLarry
post Feb 4 2016, 10:35 AM

Regular
1,363 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Feb 4 2016, 10:06 AM)
Can't say for sure, I never really hear any of my colleagues mentioned anything that stood out based on a reply. However, put in a note of thanks (e.g. thanks for the opportunity, look forward to good news, etc etc..) and do follow up after the few days.

While I'll be honest and say most hiring managers and HR partners has likely made up their mind in the middle or towards the end of the interview on a candidate, I have been personally told the reason I landed a job back when I started my career was due to the fact I followed up for a response and that conveyed something that prompted the hiring manager to hire me.

That is a pretty personal anecdote though which might not be universal, but it is generally a good practice to do.
Thanks for the fast reply bro. So should I reply to this email??? I tryin to find a reply format for this kind of email but can't find any
fuzzy
post Feb 4 2016, 12:19 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Feb 4 2016, 10:35 AM)
Thanks for the fast reply bro. So should I reply to this email??? I tryin to find a reply format for this kind of email but can't find any
Yep, go ahead.. no need any template la, just a simple thank you for the opportunity to present myself, hope our next conversation will be a positive one and have a good day ahead, etc..

JustcallmeLarry
post Feb 4 2016, 01:27 PM

Regular
1,363 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Feb 4 2016, 12:19 PM)
Yep, go ahead.. no need any template la, just a simple thank you for the opportunity to present myself, hope our next conversation will be a positive one and have a good day ahead, etc..
Ok thank you for the advice. icon_rolleyes.gif
fazlythewarrior
post Feb 7 2016, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Is this resume okay? Is there anything need to add or cut? Hope can get positive feedback here.
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by fazlythewarrior: Feb 7 2016, 09:35 PM
fuzzy
post Feb 17 2016, 02:14 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(fazlythewarrior @ Feb 7 2016, 09:07 PM)
Is this resume okay? Is there anything need to add or cut? Hope can get positive feedback here.
Attached Image
Attached Image
In Summary: check your language. Grammar error is obvious here and it leaves a bad mark from the get go. It also doesn't highlight your character strengths

In Experience: You listed no experience. You listed jobs you did. But I don't see what did you do there, what did you accomplished, what did you experienced.

Additional Info: Don't list your salary expectations
K24
post Mar 8 2016, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

i have a question, i am going to write to apply a position which i am not qualified for, but i will be if the company provide me the necessary training. how to write or express that if there is other position that is suitable for my knowledge and expertise, that the company would consider hiring me for the position.
fazlythewarrior
post Mar 12 2016, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Feb 17 2016, 02:14 PM)
In Summary: check your language. Grammar error is obvious here and it leaves a bad mark from the get go. It also doesn't highlight your character strengths

In Experience: You listed no experience. You listed jobs you did. But I don't see what did you do there, what did you accomplished, what did you experienced.

Additional Info: Don't list your salary expectations
QUOTE(Manada @ Feb 8 2016, 09:41 PM)
I think you should discard the "additional information". Those are only revealed during an interview. You will risk having your resume rejected if you provide too much information.

Besides, your experience is not detailed enough, you should list down what you did as a clerk for example.

People want to see the impact you made in your resume. What have yoy achieved?

Also, discard the language (just like additional info), its a waste  of space.

Keep your resume less than 2 pages.
Thanks for you guys, based on your feedback, Speaker already edited the resume and received a job offer early this month. smile.gif

This post has been edited by fazlythewarrior: Mar 12 2016, 12:09 PM
fuzzy
post Mar 12 2016, 05:09 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(fazlythewarrior @ Mar 12 2016, 12:09 PM)
Thanks for you guys, based on your feedback, Speaker already edited the resume and received a job offer early this month.  smile.gif
Congratulations!
Mrclueless
post Mar 15 2016, 07:18 PM

9 posts

Hi there. I am graduating in June 2016 and would like some feedback and criticisms on my resume.

I posted the link to my dropbox for your viewing and would appreciate all feedback!

Resume link

*I added an attachment for easy viewing

Attached File  Resume.Lowyat.pdf ( 327.23k ) Number of downloads: 240

This post has been edited by Mrclueless: Mar 18 2016, 10:33 AM
fuzzy
post Mar 17 2016, 05:35 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

Love to help, but I can't access DB.
Mrclueless
post Mar 18 2016, 10:34 AM

9 posts

I added an additional link and hopefully it is more accesible
fuzzy
post Mar 18 2016, 02:38 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(Mrclueless @ Mar 18 2016, 10:34 AM)
I added an additional link and hopefully it is more accesible
Alright, my worthless 2 cents.

1) Push your study experience higher. I have a feeling you are prioritising your education background due to your limited working experience, but after highlighting your studies you went into your older working experience. However, if that internship is crucial, then highlight it first. But compartment them better.

2) Any honors, awards or publications? Those would be worth a mention as well.

3) Your GPA is probably crucial seeing as it is in an American context.

4) Skills should be lower down after listing your education and work experiences.

5) For US resumes, there is a tendency as well to list down relevant courses completed, so you might want to give that a thought.

6) Add brief descriptions of your role in the items you listed before the achievements. Student Engineer might sound trivial unless I get a description of your overall scope and look at it in a different light.

7) Have a look around other samples and play with the spacing and formatting, at the moment it is too cramped. A 2 page CV is not an issue, anything over that is for a fresh graduate.

Overall though, you have a pretty decent resume. Well done.

71 Pages « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0224sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:16 AM