Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadbrand Thread V5, Still, NO cap 4 all unifi packages 4 now

views

knuxed
post May 12 2010, 10:02 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(eddie_lim @ May 12 2010, 10:00 AM)
Hi rizvanrp,

yes, if you were mentioning about the DIR-615, you use back DIR-615 and u enjoy the both IPTV and ur broadband connection and the VOIP services, as i read through all the posts, if you'd flash to DD-WRT, u lost the VOIP & IPTV, this is not what we all want rite?

So in the case of limitation of DIR-615 and DD-WRT, why not we dump a linux box, with extra LAN cards (since PCI lan is cheap!) and setup the VLANs ourself, in linux, everything is configurable.
you will not lose VoIP as it is not handled by the DIR-615
knuxed
post May 30 2010, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(skincladalien @ May 30 2010, 11:01 AM)
have you tried to connect to the fiberhome box? from what i guess it is possible to use that box itself as a router.

who knows there is another security hole there rclxub.gif
you cant use the box as a router as its merely a terminal to the router and phone line service.

This post has been edited by knuxed: May 30 2010, 11:04 AM
knuxed
post May 30 2010, 08:41 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(76radius @ May 30 2010, 12:44 PM)
That's applicable for landed house I believe. Me for high rise building, they gave Vdsl modem but they locked the function n jz make it as a bridge, still DIR615 as the PPPOE dialer. I managed to gain access this Vdsl and it's full fledged modem with tagging.
cheers for the clarification
knuxed
post May 31 2010, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

I am trying to input in the VLAN settings on my Buffalo DDWRT router but it doesnt seem to commit the settings to its memory.This is on the newest firmware.I guess I would just wait for the guide to come out
knuxed
post May 31 2010, 10:43 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

WHR-G54
knuxed
post May 31 2010, 11:18 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ May 31 2010, 10:44 AM)
What do you mean by its not committing the settings, is it like.. once you put the ID in the tagged field and save it, you don't see the eth0.500 in the WAN interface options?
yeap exactly that
knuxed
post May 31 2010, 11:29 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ May 31 2010, 11:27 AM)
After you save it you might have to restart the modem.. if the tag setting is still there after a restart but its not in the WAN interface list, then there's a problem. But you normally have to restart it after saving the tag cause it wont update the WAN interface list unless you do that.
cheers,in the main vlan page,must i check the tagged option on the port i want to use it on?
knuxed
post May 31 2010, 01:00 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ May 31 2010, 12:48 PM)
There is but most of you wont opt for it, lol. Best to just use it as a VLAN bridge, you wont get a performance hit at all. Think of it as a dsl splitter or something smile.gif
how bot do you go ahead with that method?Even with the settings,it still doesnt want to connect
knuxed
post May 31 2010, 01:25 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ May 31 2010, 01:14 PM)
Give me a day or two, I just need to confirm the method of installation works smile.gif Earlier, I made 1 small mistake and had to reset the whole router.. figuring out the best configuration method for everyone. I'm a little confused at the moment, haven't slept today lol
no worries,thanks for your help.
knuxed
post Jun 2 2010, 04:10 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

works really well with the buffalo router
knuxed
post Jun 2 2010, 04:50 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Jun 2 2010, 04:13 PM)
Is this a confirmation that I wrote the guide properly ? sweat.gif Haven't really tested the thing out myself.. lack of routers lol
it works with the buffalo ddwrt router.i havent tried the iptv yet though
knuxed
post Jun 24 2010, 07:22 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Jun 24 2010, 05:47 PM)
Lol, 4 hours ago.. someone who claims they're from TM gives me a call, states my full name and asks me if I'm a Unifi subscriber. I say yeah and then they inform me that they want to replace my 'remote'. I'm like okay ..

2 hours later, some random guy (in plain clothes and a non TM vehicle) shows up at my doorstep with a brand new IPTV set top box remote control and hands it to me.. then asks me to pass him my old remote control or he can't give me the new one. Since I have no idea what the heck is going on and can't be bothered about IPTV, I just pass him the remote and he hands me a brand new, identical IPTV set top box remote control and asks me to sign a form confirming that he's delivered it to me.

So I'm just in a 'what the **** just happened' state at the moment :/ Called Unifi tech support and they have no idea about this either. Yay for random IPTV STB remote control deliveries. I wonder if they're going to give me a second Fiberhome unit next :3

UPDATE : Oooh, it seems like some of the buttons on the previous IPTV remote are defective. Guess some of you guys will be getting a call from TM soon biggrin.gif
I got the same call but thought it was someone trying to pull my leg as the call kept coming from a mobile number.Guess its for a legit purpose

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0626sec    0.08    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 PM