Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where to buy MDF Board, in Bangi, Kajang, Serdang, Sri Kembangan

views

TShafez
post Apr 9 2010, 01:25 PM, updated 14y ago

35 posts

Hi Guys & Gals... icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

Anybody know, where can I buy MDF Board in Bangi, Kajang, Serdang & Sri Kembangan area? I want to make a rear board behind rear seat, to mount my PowerAmp.

Thanks Again for sharing the info.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Added on April 9, 2010, 3:03 pmOr anybody have extra stock? I need just around 1m X 1.5m.

Or other option, purchase from Accessories Shop which the price sure 'makan darah' one cry.gif cry.gif

This post has been edited by hafez: Apr 9 2010, 03:03 PM
SUSsupersound
post Apr 9 2010, 04:44 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

Any wood factory or contructions hardware shops should be selling, but don't look for MDF, look for other types. MDF is good to make enclosures, but not other type(it is a waste)

But setback is, you have to buy in 4ft*8ft which is too much for your applications. Good to get your friend to share half. Getting thickness of 1/4" or 3/8" will be enough, depends to your amp's weight.

This post has been edited by supersound: Apr 9 2010, 04:52 PM
TShafez
post Apr 9 2010, 05:09 PM

35 posts

"but don't look for MDF, look for other types. MDF is good to make enclosures, but not other type(it is a waste)"

Other types? what board is that bro? Is it the one they make the kitchen cabinet table top one is it?
SUSsupersound
post Apr 9 2010, 05:28 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

In chinese we call it "sam kap ban". I think in Seri Kembangan area(old town part after South City Plaza) have selling. I'm not that know about that area, just happen I got lost and I do see some hardware shops. Some may carry them.
makaveli
post Apr 11 2010, 01:53 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

RP is right.Im staying near Equine Park.
I often go to Hardware shop near South City Plaza.The shop very famous on Diy parts.They also sell Resin and Filler.
rdprojects
post Oct 31 2014, 01:50 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(makaveli @ Apr 11 2010, 01:53 PM)
RP is right.Im staying near Equine Park.
I often go to Hardware shop near South City Plaza.The shop very famous on Diy parts.They also sell Resin and Filler.
what is the shop name?
SUSJames Bum
post Nov 27 2014, 09:46 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(hafez @ Apr 9 2010, 01:25 PM)
Hi Guys & Gals... icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif

Anybody know, where can I buy MDF Board in Bangi, Kajang, Serdang & Sri Kembangan area? I want to make a rear board behind rear seat, to mount my PowerAmp.
Thanks Again for sharing the info.
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

Added on April 9, 2010, 3:03 pmOr anybody have extra stock? I need just around 1m X 1.5m.

Or other option, purchase from Accessories Shop which the price sure 'makan darah' one  cry.gif  cry.gif
From Kajang otw to UKM just after the Jln Reko Bus terminal keep and eye on the left... there is a wood/carpentry factory on the left with green colored font signboard... I ordered my MDF from there including service of cutting all the woods and shape that I wanted.... really reasonable price for 1" thick MDF

I still have his phone number.... you can pm me if you want

but like some here said I do think MDF is best suited for enclosure and further protected by applying varnish on it... in a car where it will be exposed to high heat and humidity I'm afraid it may not last long

Probably can ask the factory boss to recommend.... maybe plywood or marine plywood
afrie
post May 19 2015, 10:07 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(James Bum @ Nov 27 2014, 09:46 PM)
From Kajang otw to UKM just after the Jln Reko Bus terminal keep and eye on the left... there is a wood/carpentry factory on the left with green colored font signboard... I ordered my MDF from there including service of cutting all the woods and shape that I wanted.... really reasonable price for 1" thick MDF

I still have his phone number.... you can pm me if you want

but like some here said I do think MDF is best suited for enclosure and further protected by applying varnish on it... in a car where it will be exposed to high heat and humidity I'm afraid it may not last long

Probably can ask the factory boss to recommend.... maybe plywood or marine plywood
Hi, Im looking for mdf board for making pingpong table. James Bum, can u give me that shop phone no.? appreciate ur help on this. Thanks..
CarroTT
post May 19 2015, 01:03 PM

ms. sunflower
1,216 posts

If you only need a small size u can get at the curve, there is a big art supply shop.

bsl555
post May 19 2015, 01:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

How about some visiting some kitchen cabinet installer? Surely they may have or cut a custom piece of cabinet mdf material for you?
I'm not sure but maybe IKEA cabinet shelving or some table top material from there? Just have to research and see what can be suitable.
ahmadpi
post Aug 15 2016, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

I found out that Daiso is selling MDF board but small sizes 200x300x6mm and 200x400x6mm.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:31 PM