Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University foundation science and technology unikl (FIST)

views

swasts
post Apr 9 2010, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Just want to know...after finished the FIST prorammed....can I apply another IPT instead of UnikKL????IPTA??
swasts
post Apr 10 2010, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

arm 89...it's really if we score during the foundation we can go oversea??? at your batch how many students were offered to fly oversea???
swasts
post Apr 10 2010, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Can someone tell me the enivronment at Kolej Mara Kuala Nerang???the lecturer...and I heard the matriculation under KPM also done there?? It's right???
swasts
post Apr 11 2010, 04:32 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

I heard that the engineering program at UNIKL is not accredited by BEM???? Is that true...
swasts
post Apr 11 2010, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Apr 11 2010, 04:40 PM)
go check the BEM website if it's accredited it'll be there ^^
I ust checked it....and confirm UNIKL engineering program is not accredited by BEM....just go to this link for further information http://www.khamsany.com/index.php/graduan-...af-eac-dan-bem/

So, I've decide not to enter FIST program at KMKK... sad.gif
swasts
post Apr 11 2010, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(bobkadir @ Apr 11 2010, 05:19 PM)
is that all engineering program in unikl is not accredited by BEM.
i dont get it clear.
Yup..all engineering programmed at UNIKL is not accredited by BEM...it is because UNIKL offer Bachelor of Engineering Technology not Bachelor of Engineering.....

But i'm still not clear what is the different between two of this.....
swasts
post Apr 11 2010, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(serendipity~ @ Apr 11 2010, 05:57 PM)
Bachelor of Engineering-Ijazah Kejuruteraan
Bachelor of Engineering Technology-Ijazah TEKNOLOGI Kejuruteraan.
See the difference? That's why it is not accredited by BEM. We studied pure Engineering subject if we take Bachelor of Engineering while in Engineering Technology, it is different from pure engineering itself. I don't know what is the effect if we are not registered with BEM. I hope seniors can explain this in details.. smile.gif
What do you mean for Engineering Technology is different from pure engineering???
swasts
post Apr 11 2010, 07:00 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Here is some information....

Accreditation for Engineering courses is only given by EAC (Engineering Accreditation Council). LAN and other bodies will submit the application to EAC for accreditation. Public university submit directly to EAC whilst private university go through LAN. After uni get accreditation from EAC then uni submit the letter to JPA/PTPTN etc. Later this year all these body will be merged in MQA.

This is a short description about engineering accreditation. ENGINEERS need to be REGISTERED with BEM before they can practice, this is requirement by the law. You can go to jail if you do not register with BEM and still practice.[I] This is similar requirement as doctors, since being engineers your design/decision can effect lots of lives. Note: You have to register with BEM before you can register with IEM.

Now, Malaysia do not actually being very strict about this law, but just like doctors now, it will be tightened in the future as the engineering sector matures.

Starting from 2002 Malaysia is trying to get in Wahington Accord. Under this agreement accredited program will be mutually recognized. Currently US/UK/Canada/Australia/IReland/Hong kong/New Zealand/South Africa is signatories to the accord. Singapore and Japan just been admitted last year (after 5 yrs observation). Malaysia suppose to be the signatories by the end of this year, at the moment we are under observation status with Taiwan and few other countries.

The requirement is to fulfilled ABET like accreditation so it is very though and accreditation for BEM is not automatic even for public universities, there are rumours that for 2006 Curtin University and University Malaya do not get full accreditation. Uni can get full accreditation (5 years) or partial accreditation (2 years) or no accreditation. Last year auditors from Australia/UK/Hong Kong do the auditing with auditors from BEM. Just to observe whether the auditors here conform to the Washington Accord requirements.

Only accredited courses (local and overseas) can apply for BEM registeration. The list can be found here:
http://www.bem.org.my/bemfinal/html/index.htm
and about Washington Accord here:
http://www.washingtonaccord.org/

It is important for engineers from overseas university to register with BEM (RM 50). Most public university have some sort of Engineering Society linked with IEM/BEM that make the student become student member and later automatically converted into graduate member (RM 50 also). You have to take one exam and interview before you become full member.

So before you choose engineering courses you must ensure that the course is accredited.

source : http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/429954

This post has been edited by swasts: Apr 11 2010, 07:04 PM
swasts
post Apr 11 2010, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Just open a new topic and ask about it......
swasts
post Apr 12 2010, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(fatihah92 @ Apr 12 2010, 02:11 PM)
hey, guess what, i can't survive too.. hahaaa biggrin.gif
i'll go.. since upu and matriks is SOOO late.. how bout you.. let's go laa tongue.gif

-x abis2 promote owg masuk..haha.. sorry biggrin.gif -
the matriks intake result will be on 16/4.....on friday....and for UPU(asasi) based on last year the result will be release on 1 may...I think this year it will be in the first week of Mei.....

you still have time to decide....
swasts
post Apr 14 2010, 03:17 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

Friends,,,,I heard there will be more than one intake for FIST UNKIL......
just one question.....can we apply again for another intake if we reject this offer????

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0462sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:18 PM