7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mushroom Farming

views

Blindspot61
post Aug 26 2011, 02:02 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Michael J. @ Jan 12 2011, 08:52 AM)
Blindspot:

How has the mushroom farming been so far?
Hi all,
Sorry for not checking in on this forum for quite sometime b'cos was rather busy as well as forgot my password & only recently found it.

Well, The plan is still there... Went for a mushroom cultivation course couple of months ago in UPM.
Now am doing R&D @ home to check on a couple of things i.e. culturing, yield and growing time etc, etc.

The most difficult part will be the culturing due to cleanliness is upmost important for if you have the slightest contamination, you have to start from 'A' again...
And when you do it @ home without the necessary facilities, it add up to the difficulty in maintaining hygiene.. 8 (

Well, can't rush on this things and needed time to collect proper data...

Added on August 26, 2011, 2:04 pm
QUOTE(jady @ Jan 13 2011, 12:23 PM)
Just for info:
For those who interested to start mushroom cultivation can get help from government as they provide free workshop, from seedling until harvesting.
You may also join mushroom association malaysia, all the big players are members. They're willing to share, and if you interested, can start as their contract farmer as well.
If anyone need Jbt Pertanian's contact person's number, just pm me.
Hi Jady
If I'm interested in doing contract farming who do I contact? Thank you...

Added on August 27, 2011, 6:24 pm
QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Jun 20 2011, 09:54 AM)
saw that my place in Kundasang is sarted getting popular in shitake mushroom farming,,
Hi Ah_Suknat,
What is the environment's temperature like? Is it on mountain top?

This post has been edited by Blindspot61: Aug 27 2011, 06:24 PM
edyek
post Aug 29 2011, 10:20 AM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

QUOTE(Blindspot61 @ Aug 26 2011, 02:02 PM)
Hi Ah_Suknat,
What is the environment's temperature like? Is it on mountain top?
18~26 celcius. Stand to be corrected. smile.gif
MrFarmer
post Sep 6 2011, 10:39 PM

Casual
478 posts

QUOTE(Blindspot61 @ Aug 26 2011, 02:02 PM)
Hi all,
Sorry for not checking in on this forum for quite sometime b'cos was rather busy as well as forgot my password & only recently found it.

Well, The plan is still there... Went for a mushroom cultivation course couple of months ago in UPM.
Now am doing R&D @ home to check on a couple of things i.e. culturing, yield and growing time etc, etc.

The most difficult part will be the culturing due to cleanliness is upmost important for if you have the slightest contamination, you have to start from 'A' again...
And when you do it @ home without the necessary facilities, it add up to the difficulty in maintaining hygiene..  8 (

Well, can't rush on this things and needed time to collect proper data...

Added on August 26, 2011, 2:04 pm

HI Blindspot61, do you have any notes from the UPM Mushroom Cultivation course to share?
Regards.
Blindspot61
post Sep 7 2011, 01:24 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(MrFarmer @ Sep 6 2011, 10:39 PM)
HI Blindspot61, do you have any notes from the UPM Mushroom Cultivation course to share?
Regards.
Hi MrFarmer

I do have some notes but you can't get anywhere by just reading those notes b'cos they are all in point & brief form.
(Very smart of the lecturer...). The detail is very important which without it you are doom to fail.
Before I went for the course, I did quite a lot of r&d in the net for quite sometime but you still need to attend a good lesson/lecture to understand the fundamental and the overall process from culturing to growing... Believe me, nothing beat a 'good' classroom lesson & practical hands-on course.

The site below is many time better in detail than the note I got from UPM. I'm not saying UPM is not good, contrarily, the lesson is good which was conducted by the Assoc. Professor Dr. Tan Yee How himself. - nice & friendly chap.. 8 )
Its a couple of hundreds of Ringgit & time (3days) well spend...

http://www.mykoweb.com/articles/cultivation.html

Another thing, it is interesting to also found that most of the sample done by our course mates (including mine) during practical (mushroom culture transfer to disc, grain spawn & substrate) & brought home were contaminated... (even with all the necessary gadget & equipment in the U!) CLEANLINESS IS UP MOST IMPORTANT...

I practice some culturing @ home and was successful so far (touch wood...) and now am @ the stage of spawning in grain... I also did some LC (liquid culture) that was not taught in UPM quite successfully so far...I think...(meaning, its quite difficult to identify contamination in liquid culture until you transfer them to grain & wait and see...)

Hope all this helps...

I'm looking to do contract mushroom farming.... any contact...

Thank you & regards
MrFarmer
post Sep 7 2011, 04:19 PM

Casual
478 posts

QUOTE(Blindspot61 @ Sep 7 2011, 01:24 PM)
Hi MrFarmer

I'm looking to do contract mushroom farming.... any contact...

Thank you & regards
HI Blindspot61,
Thanks for the link. Shall start reading it as soon as I have the time.

Sorry, I don't have any contacts yet on Mushroom farming. Maybe you can make a post on
Venturing into Agriculture & Aquaculture, Agri & Aqua = BIG BUSINESS
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/404328/+780

Maybe other guys can help.

Cheers
Blindspot61
post Sep 7 2011, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(MrFarmer @ Sep 7 2011, 04:19 PM)
HI Blindspot61,
Thanks for the link. Shall start reading it as soon as I have the time.

Sorry, I don't have any contacts yet on Mushroom farming. Maybe you can make a post on
Venturing into Agriculture & Aquaculture, Agri & Aqua = BIG BUSINESS
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/404328/+780

Maybe other guys can help.

Cheers
HI Mr. Farmer...
Thanks for the info....

Anything thing we can share together about mushroom, do let me know... 8 )

Thanks & regards

kabyss87
post Feb 27 2012, 02:09 AM

Enthusiast
784 posts

Hi blindspot61,

I was recently caught up with this mushroom growing thing... However i do not know where to get the mushroom culture from... Do local mushroom cultivator sell mushroom culture?
flodder
post Feb 27 2012, 03:21 AM

6 batang ab numb addicted with 6 bintang
1,039 posts

QUOTE(Awakened_Angel @ Sep 28 2010, 09:06 PM)
One of my customer purchase building materials from me to build a mushroom farm. Was able to spend some time chatting with him.

You need technical for this.. agricultural technicality....
as well as location`s ambient criteria. else, you need to spend a lot of money to artificially emulate it
yes techical expert needed to this

anyway thank your guides too:)
tiramisu83
post Feb 27 2012, 01:39 PM

On my way
626 posts

Hey guys, for those who can supply oyster mushroom everyday, please pm me, ready buyer for everyday!
Blindspot61
post Apr 5 2012, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(kabyss87 @ Feb 27 2012, 02:09 AM)
Hi blindspot61,

I was recently caught up with this mushroom growing thing... However i do not know where to get the mushroom culture from... Do local mushroom cultivator sell mushroom culture?
Sorry for late reply for I was kind of busy and haven't 'come in' for quite awhile.

Yes local mushroom cultivator do sell them and they sell them in two different ways depending on where you want to start from.

One is what they called spawn. They are mushroom culture that have been transferred from disc and further grown in wheat grain (gandum). They are in a plastic bag weighing roughly about 300gm costing about rm3.00. But you don't grow mushroom directly from there itself. If you buy this, you will have to purchase other item known as substrate bag (some called them media bag) where the final fruiting is grown from. From the spawn of about 300gm you can inoculate around 50 to 60bags of substrate/media. But before you opt for this, you have to understand the important of cleanliness during the process of transferring the spawn into the substrate bag otherwise you may end up with contaminated bags.
So that is 1 option.

The other option is to buy the substrate bag/s that are already inoculated with spawn and ready for fruiting. Once the substrate bag is inoculated with spawn it will takes around 7weeks to 2months before the mushroom starts fruiting. So you have to ask the seller when is the substrate ready for fruiting. They will have some bags that are ready for fruiting.

Depending on how long you are willing to wait and assuming that you bought 1 that needs another week before fruiting, take home and keep them in a cold and dark place. And once its ready for fruiting, open the cap (clean and keep the cap somewhere clean), leave the substrate in a cold and shaded place away from sunlight with air circulation. Spray with filtered water occasionally. It will takes about 3 days before you can see tiny mushroom growing and after that about 36 to 48 hours to harvesting.

One word of advice when getting the substrate from the seller, if you are not familiar with the appearance of the substrate and the stages it is in (mycelium - the plant that is growing in the substrate, or the substrate have been harvested before), I would advice you to purchase the inoculated substrate that needs another weeks before fruiting, You can identify this from the different color appearance between near the bottom of the bag and the entire bag's body. This you are assured that you bag is new and not used or harvested. Sorry to say this but some seller will sell you the bag that is already exhausted and is about to be discard.

Hope this helps and happy mushrooming. . . . 8 )

tiramisu83
post Apr 5 2012, 03:04 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(Blindspot61 @ Apr 5 2012, 12:59 AM)
Sorry for late reply for I was kind of busy and haven't 'come in' for quite awhile.

Yes local mushroom cultivator do sell them and they sell them in two different ways depending on where you want to start from.

One is what they called spawn. They are mushroom culture that have been transferred from disc and further grown in wheat grain (gandum). They are in a plastic bag weighing roughly about 300gm costing about rm3.00. But you don't grow mushroom directly from there itself. If you buy this, you will have to purchase other item known as substrate bag (some called them media bag) where the final fruiting is grown from. From the spawn of about 300gm you can inoculate around 50 to 60bags of substrate/media. But before you opt for this, you have to understand the important of cleanliness during the process of transferring the spawn into the substrate bag otherwise you may end up with contaminated bags.
So that is 1 option.

The other option is to buy the substrate bag/s that are already inoculated with spawn and ready for fruiting. Once the substrate bag is inoculated with spawn it will takes around 7weeks to 2months before the mushroom starts fruiting. So you have to ask the seller when is the substrate ready for fruiting. They will have some bags that are ready for fruiting.

Depending on how long you are willing to wait and assuming that you bought 1 that needs another week before fruiting, take home and keep them in a cold and dark place. And once its ready for fruiting, open the cap (clean and keep the cap somewhere clean), leave the substrate in a cold and shaded place away from sunlight with air circulation. Spray with filtered water occasionally. It will takes about 3 days before you can see tiny mushroom growing and after that about 36 to 48 hours to harvesting.
One word of advice when getting the substrate from the seller, if you are not familiar with the appearance of the substrate and the stages it is in (mycelium - the plant that is growing in the substrate, or the substrate have been harvested before), I would advice you to purchase the inoculated substrate that needs another weeks before fruiting, You can identify this from the different color appearance between near the bottom of the bag and the entire bag's body. This you are assured that you bag is new and not used or harvested. Sorry to say this but some seller will sell you the bag that is already exhausted and is about to be discard.

Hope this helps and happy mushrooming. . . . 8 )
hi, u setting up the farm now?
Blindspot61
post Apr 5 2012, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(tiramisu83 @ Apr 5 2012, 03:04 PM)
hi, u setting up the farm now?
Going to hopefully in a couple of months time. . .
tiramisu83
post Apr 5 2012, 03:39 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(Blindspot61 @ Apr 5 2012, 03:15 PM)
Going to hopefully in a couple of months time. . .
oh..where is your farm?
Blindspot61
post Apr 5 2012, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Let you know once its finalize? * )

toughguy2211
post Apr 21 2012, 10:53 AM

2 posts

mushroom grower look for expansion plan , open for contract farming or supply

pm me if interested
skydrake
post Apr 27 2012, 04:17 PM

XiiX
986 posts

QUOTE(toughguy2211 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:53 AM)
mushroom grower look for expansion plan , open for contract farming or supply

pm me if interested
any website to read more basic details? or pdf to read? i need introduction on this business icon_question.gif I'm looking for opportunity to makes my money grow, I guess grow mushroom also will grow money right? drool.gif
ParaOpticaL
post Apr 28 2012, 09:51 AM

Planter - Durian, Jackfruit, Papaya
2,348 posts

i know of someone who is doing mushroom farming @ TKPM Semenyih.

you get ready the place and get the spawn from him and off you go for the Culture...

even contract farming is allowed
pkiensing
post Apr 28 2012, 09:54 AM

[Richfag]
824 posts

mushrooms drug?

SOS

This post has been edited by pkiensing: Apr 28 2012, 09:55 AM
kokhoe8
post Apr 28 2012, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

hi there,

shouldnt there be the same amount of talks on how to sell those mushrooms? i mean you got to sell some where...
SUS.O.
post Apr 29 2012, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

ts mia doh.gif

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 PM