4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies FASTER (November 19 2010), The ROCK is Back for Action! :D

views

n00b13
post Feb 1 2011, 04:46 PM

Casual
364 posts

I liked it. But if you're expecting a fast-paced action movie, you'd be disappointed. It's a moody, almost stylized thriller that's more serious than the typical mindless action flick, and it should be appreciated as such.

RieZky
post Feb 1 2011, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

i like this type of movie..slow pace..thriller got drama..n nice twist at the end..yeap its not a fast pace action movie like boom here boom there..such like quentin tarantino film
Vincent_Lam
post Feb 6 2011, 10:42 PM

Casual
366 posts

watched it a few days back with a friend, (didn't have anything interesting that day, and i wasn't gonna spend it window shopping)

so we watched this film, movie was interesting enough, but not an epic one, ending was a bit predictable, and i would also say a slightly misleading title, i thought it was a race movie initially, but it didn't disappoint me as such

This post has been edited by Vincent_Lam: Feb 6 2011, 10:43 PM
masterelr
post Feb 7 2011, 03:34 AM

Enthusiast
987 posts

Well I like how the main character's emotion is tested with each victim. From a pervert, to a father, and a priest and all that.
netmatrix2
post Feb 8 2011, 09:05 PM

Casual
481 posts

Ok i watched it only once and i liked it. It may be flat paced but its ok, because the title is one that tells everyone something that they didn't realise.... Fast Five. He will have a role in the 5th Fast & Furious movie. So Faster outside the movie would mean he is faster to the action than Fast Five. Get it?

But Faster as in, Rock is always one step ahead in every way. Be it that he thought about how not to be killed. And how much faster he is at shooting.

And those who have no idea about the tattoo, u have to piece the story from the flashbacks to understand. Its like this. The story comes from his prison days after the robbery job. He already has that tatoo before he "died". Now if u are really a Rock fan, u know that tattoo is really a protective charm. Every one of the tattoo has a meaning according to the Rocks native culture. Now back to the movie, when Rock came to get his "hit list" the tatoo was seen by the large body guard and he chickened out to beat up Rock. In the movie the tattoo which represents protetction is what keeps Rock alive. So the news that he got shot in the head point blank and lived in the prison got around outside too. That is why the tattoo scared the bodyguard. He knows Rock is the guy that cannot die and is a legend already based on the tattoo.

Actually to me the movie actually lets Rock show his acting skills. No jabroni beatin' pie eatin' acting here. I think he really tried to go more here.

And to answer why he is so brave everytime he starts to kill, its because of the metal plate in his head. He knows there is no way anyone could know a head shot is useless against him.

Now the metal plate thing, it could be some story not told here. He could be ex military and had the plate inside for some medical reasons. Or he really is a psycho tht inserted a metal plate in his head to commit crime.

I like the movie because its artsy. Low on dialogue is a plus because u can analyse body and facial acting rather than words doing its thing. Of course everyone wants complete package from an actor. But this movie to me is enjoyable. Don't over analyze it because its an artsy movie.
RCrex
post Feb 9 2011, 12:33 AM

The man who turn impossible to possible...
2,251 posts

watched in PPS
quite a nice movie tho
V3nz
post Feb 9 2011, 02:04 AM

Chuck to teh rescue !!
2,367 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix2 @ Feb 8 2011, 09:05 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Do you know what you toking about?

or do you even watch the movie?
domcobb
post Feb 9 2011, 03:07 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

Predictable plot only because this movie reminds me of LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN, which is a good movie.
netmatrix2
post Feb 9 2011, 12:09 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(V3nz @ Feb 9 2011, 02:04 AM)
Do you know what you toking about?

or do you even watch the movie?
Of course i went and watch the movie! doh.gif What toking u?
swks26
post Feb 9 2011, 12:35 PM

CEO RM20k/day
942 posts

The metal plate was there because his skull got fractured badly when he was supposedly shot in the head after the robbery. The metal plate was put in place to hold his skull intact.

netmatrix2
post Feb 9 2011, 12:41 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(swks26 @ Feb 9 2011, 12:35 PM)
The metal plate was there because his skull got fractured badly when he was supposedly shot in the head after the robbery. The metal plate was put in place to hold his skull intact.
NO lar!!! He had the plate inside even before the robbery! Thats why he never died when he got head shot the first time. It was said like that when Cop doing profiling. One of the colleagues even said they dunno why there was a metal plate in there in the first place. Go see it again. rolleyes.gif
hairyLGS
post Feb 9 2011, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Ok i watched it only once and i liked it. It may be flat paced but its ok, because the title is one that tells everyone something that they didn't realise.... Fast Five. He will have a role in the 5th Fast & Furious movie. So Faster outside the movie would mean he is faster to the action than Fast Five. Get it?

But Faster as in, Rock is always one step ahead in every way. Be it that he thought about how not to be killed. And how much faster he is at shooting.

And those who have no idea about the tattoo, u have to piece the story from the flashbacks to understand. Its like this. The story comes from his prison days after the robbery job. He already has that tatoo before he "died". Now if u are really a Rock fan, u know that tattoo is really a protective charm. Every one of the tattoo has a meaning according to the Rocks native culture. Now back to the movie, when Rock came to get his "hit list" the tatoo was seen by the large body guard and he chickened out to beat up Rock. In the movie the tattoo which represents protetction is what keeps Rock alive. So the news that he got shot in the head point blank and lived in the prison got around outside too. That is why the tattoo scared the bodyguard. He knows Rock is the guy that cannot die and is a legend already based on the tattoo.

Actually to me the movie actually lets Rock show his acting skills. No jabroni beatin' pie eatin' acting here. I think he really tried to go more here.

And to answer why he is so brave everytime he starts to kill, its because of the metal plate in his head. He knows there is no way anyone could know a head shot is useless against him.

Now the metal plate thing, it could be some story not told here. He could be ex military and had the plate inside for some medical reasons. Or he really is a psycho tht inserted a metal plate in his head to commit crime.

I like the movie because its artsy. Low on dialogue is a plus because u can analyse body and facial acting rather than words doing its thing. Of course everyone wants complete package from an actor. But this movie to me is enjoyable. Don't over analyze it because its an artsy movie.
I guess there is always one in don't know how many enjoys it sweat.gif
netmatrix2
post Feb 9 2011, 02:49 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(hairyLGS @ Feb 9 2011, 12:58 PM)
I guess there is always one in don't know how many enjoys it  sweat.gif
Of course any movie does not appeal to everyone. But maybe because i am so used to people acting without much dialogue but rather music, environment and the person conveying the message. And then there are movies that talk mumbo jumbo and people liked it. Just like the final scene of In Pursuit Of Happyness, where Will Smith finally got the job. wink.gif
hairyLGS
post Feb 9 2011, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix2 @ Feb 9 2011, 02:49 PM)
Of course any movie does not appeal to everyone. But maybe because i am so used to people acting without much dialogue but rather music, environment and the person conveying the message. And then there are movies that talk mumbo jumbo and people liked it. Just like the final scene of In Pursuit Of Happyness, where Will Smith finally got the job.  wink.gif
That might answers it laugh.gif

But the ending... I felt it was a big disappointment. It started out dark... but ends like that? Won't be surprise why it tank but then, I used to hated Stephen King's The Mist. Watched it a few times and I finally understood why the ending should end this way... that movie also tank... laugh.gif
V3nz
post Feb 9 2011, 04:29 PM

Chuck to teh rescue !!
2,367 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix2 @ Feb 9 2011, 12:09 PM)
Of course i went and watch the movie! doh.gif What toking u?
but the way you explain it is kinda too fantasies...

and about the metal plate,i thought its after he being shot by the robbers? no? hmm.gif
n00b13
post Feb 9 2011, 04:32 PM

Casual
364 posts

I liked the movie too, but I don't think you really understood it.

He got the plate in his head because of the shooting after the robbery. Nowhere is it mentioned that he had it before.

The tattoo was never explained, and it was never meant to be explained. It's just there to show how badass he is, that even some big Samoan guy is afraid to mess with him. That's what the movie is trying to portray him as, a force of nature that simply cannot be stopped.

And no, I don't think it's an "artsy" movie at all.
V3nz
post Feb 9 2011, 05:34 PM

Chuck to teh rescue !!
2,367 posts

QUOTE(n00b13 @ Feb 9 2011, 04:32 PM)
I liked the movie too, but I don't think you really understood it.

He got the plate in his head because of the shooting after the robbery. Nowhere is it mentioned that he had it before.

The tattoo was never explained, and it was never meant to be explained. It's just there to show how badass he is, that even some big Samoan guy is afraid to mess with him. That's what the movie is trying to portray him as, a force of nature that simply cannot be stopped.

And no, I don't think it's an "artsy" movie at all.
that wat i am toking about notworthy.gif thumbup.gif
+Newbie+
post Feb 28 2011, 01:44 AM

To be needed as The Sand's Kazekage
Group Icon
VIP
3,055 posts

Just watched it. Seriously. I like this movie. And not just because of Maggie Grace. blush.gif

Added on February 28, 2011, 1:47 amAnd the music is simply awesome. thumbup.gif

And really love how the part with the priest sorta brings the movie to a climax.

This post has been edited by +Newbie+: Feb 28 2011, 01:47 AM
V3nz
post Feb 28 2011, 02:40 AM

Chuck to teh rescue !!
2,367 posts

i would watch again if thar is diff ending version around
khai4ul
post Feb 28 2011, 04:00 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix2 @ Feb 9 2011, 12:41 PM)
NO lar!!! He had the plate inside even before the robbery! Thats why he never died when he got head shot the first time. It was said like that when Cop doing profiling. One of the colleagues even said they dunno why there was a metal plate in there in the first place. Go see it again. rolleyes.gif
NO lar!!! he got the metal plate after he got shot during the robbery. He didnt died bcoz the bullet went in at an angle and came out thru his cheeks... he got lucky. Go see it again my fwen

good movie but the title abit lame

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM