Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DENON AVR V2.0, Explore the sky dragon.....

views

kevinlim001
post Jul 21 2019, 10:44 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jul 21 2019, 10:24 AM)
thanks bro so early on sunday.
appreciate your tips. im using direct wire in
i think to put a fan from laptop cooler pad (detach the fan from any cheap pad).
avr has a usb port direct run
no prob bro.. will update after my unit being diagnose smile.gif

I am using a fan to cool down my x2000 too. thumbsup.gif
vickno
post Jul 22 2019, 12:11 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jul 19 2019, 04:05 PM)
i have denon x2000, bd player, several marantz avr and other equipments. most of them in good shape no spoil yet.
1 year unless stated otherwise.
no
old distribution WKH was ok, even repair charges after warranty end. didnt try to claim after new shop Dynamic take over yet.

i have trust in product quality & lifespan rather than long warranty.
I've also only dealt with WKH in the past for my Q acoustic speakers. Was not sure with the new distributor. Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!
vickno
post Jul 22 2019, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jul 19 2019, 04:10 PM)
1) Hard to comment on reliability. You hear Denon not being as reliable is simply because there are WAAAY more Denon receivers vs Yamaha, globally speaking - so obviously there's going to be a lot more feedback and opinions on Denon (and Marantz) receivers. Remember, what you read about Marantz basically applies to Denon as well, so the reliability reports are 2 fold over Yamaha. Where are you basing the reliability numbers from?

2) I believe it's 1 year here, but I may be wrong.

3) Can't answer this one sorry.

4) Used to be so-so, now there's a new distro but they're fairly new with the D+M partnership.
The A3080 is a better built AVR than the x4500H. There's no argument about it, better components and worksmanship all around in the 3080. What the x4500H offers you is better value in terms of channel processing support and features. You're paying less for the same 11 channels (note, you can only do a max of 7.2.4, NOT 11.2.4) processing, but take note you do also need an external amp for the x4500H to use all 11 channels.

Audyssey XT32 has proven itself to be better than YPAO RSC 64bit in bass PEQing. There's no doubt about it. Audyssey also allows manual customization of the PEQ with their app, but IMO their app isn't great and they've got a some ways to go to iron out some really annoying bugs. YPAO manual edit is basically fail-proof as it's built into the receiver itself, so there's that. If you are going to employ an external DSP for bass EQing (like with a minidsp + REW or antimode or minidsp with DIRAC), then none of this really matters that much.

Personally, I'd pay more for Yamaha because the build quality is simply more robust. Also since I already have external amps, the cost of entry between the both is about a ~RM1k difference.  In your case, since you do have to get an external amp as I assume you're looking to use all 11 channels, it's probably a more logical choice to go with the x4500H. In fact, you could save more by going with the x4400h too as they're basically the same receiver minus AirPlay 2, IMAX enhanced support and eARC.
1) Yeah, maybe. I don't have the proper facts and figures per se in regards to numbers. Info obtained is more on my time spent reading AVS forums throughout the last 12 years, which had portrayed D&M to be less reliable (die off in the span of 5 years, compared to Yamaha which can go up to 10 years). I'm not a fan of upgrading frequently hence the concern and fixing them if faulty ain't cheap after warranty period. Speaking about reliability, I was worried of HDMI handshake as well.

2) Seems to be 1 year for all brands.

4) I do agree that I was not comparing apple to apple.. I was looking at Yamaha 3080 vs denon 6500H. The reason I compared with 4500 is coz of the value for money (able to process 11 channels with ext amp) it brings. I'm prepared to get myself an Emotiva 2 channel amp to power the additional overhead speakers (All of my speakers are bookshelf, same type hence not bothered to power the fronts alone with the ext amp). Costing wise, 4500 + emotiva amp is still cheaper than a 6500H. I also safe almost 1k by getting the 4500 instead of Yammy 3080 (I know, much better build, not the best to compare). Every grand safe is every grand earned! sweat.gif
It was a typo on the speaker config type (7.2.4 NOT 11.2.4).
There's also great review on the AI sound on Dolby Atmos & DTSX on the Yamaha, initially it was written off as gimmick, now admitted as a superb addition in the Yamaha.

Audyssey XT32 - Agreed especially with the Yamaha's restriction on the sub freq no lower than 30 hz. I'm trying to learn REW (once skill obtained, both YPAO and Audyssey is immaterial) but given the choice, it's less hassle with the Audyssey XT32 instead of getting myself the minidsp, mic etc. (lazy me talking).

Regards to x4400h - I agree, as I don't fancy the "IMAX enhanced" and won't be using eARC and Airplay.

Thanks again for your input, appreciate it!
vickno
post Jul 22 2019, 12:43 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Jul 19 2019, 04:21 PM)
1) My denon x2000 smoke me after 5 years of service. Using another set of X2000 now.
2) 1 year
3) dont think is required. This unit easily last > 2 years
4) never tried.

Denon X4500H is a good unit. How many speakers you planning to be connected? For me i will still do X4500h + external amp. You need the external amp to feed more power to your speaker. If you are familiar with multichannel AVR, system like 4500h will splt the power between speakers (the more speakers you connect the more power it will divide). x4500h comes with proper preout that allow connection for external amp to provide better support to hungry speakers. If your speaker is not demanding i think x4500 is good enough to power them.
I'm planning to do a 7.2.4 setup. My Q acoustic bookshelf speakers are not those hungry type and the room I setup is not large (20 feet x 10 feet) so I'm confident 4500 + ext amp (11 channel processing) will do the job.

Thanks for the input, appreciate it!
vickno
post Jul 22 2019, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(Topet @ Jul 21 2019, 09:51 AM)
X6300 user here, its heating like in hell when i'm using it about -15db running 7 channel. I think adding power amp would reduce the heat, anyone can confirm? for 11.2 channel avr the case is so small compare to Marantz SR7012.
Actually, I've been following (reading on forums) the 6300, it does have serious overheating issue. Even on power on, no sound mode, it starts to build up heat. Almost everyone that used it complained about it. 6400 also inherited the same (if memory serves me right). Issue solved by incorporating a fan. I even use a fan for my current Yamaha (it does overheat but never shut on me). Laptop fan will do, or those cheap china USB fans. I'm using AIRCOM, got it from Amazon.

The fan is marvelous, you can set the temp cut off, it's relatively silent. It's cheap in the US, convert MYR plus shipping can set you at RM 500 - 600 sweat.gif (but worth la)
vickno
post Jul 22 2019, 01:01 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

Hi,

Follow up question on D&M questions. How's the HDMI handshake? I experienced an uncle of mine's AVR in the past, I think it was Denon 1910, and man, it had serious issues with the Media player (DUNE) that I used with my Yamaha. HD audio kept stuttering, I even swapped the HDMI cables, no luck. At the end, my uncle settled to use optical, down scaling to standard DTS and Dolby, instead of the HD audio. WKH said, handshake and nothing much can be done. It seemed to me at that time that the Denon had a massive handshake issue. This was way back, 8 years ago. That one off experience scared me for life. My intention is not to degrade Denon, I'm just merely gathering feedbacks from local users.

This post has been edited by vickno: Jul 22 2019, 01:11 AM
SSJBen
post Jul 22 2019, 01:07 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 22 2019, 12:37 AM)
1) Yeah, maybe. I don't have the proper facts and figures per se in regards to numbers. Info obtained is more on my time spent reading AVS forums throughout the last 12 years, which had portrayed  D&M to be less reliable (die off in the span of 5 years, compared to Yamaha  which can go up to 10 years). I'm not a fan of upgrading frequently hence the concern and fixing them if faulty ain't cheap after warranty period. Speaking about reliability, I was worried of HDMI handshake as well.

2) Seems to be 1 year for all brands.

4) I do agree that I was not comparing apple to apple.. I was looking at Yamaha 3080 vs denon 6500H. The reason I compared with 4500 is coz of the value for money (able to process 11 channels with ext amp) it brings. I'm prepared to get myself an Emotiva 2 channel amp to power the additional overhead speakers (All of my speakers are bookshelf, same type hence not bothered to power the fronts alone with the ext amp). Costing wise, 4500 + emotiva amp is still cheaper than a 6500H. I also safe almost 1k by getting the 4500 instead of Yammy 3080 (I know, much better build, not the best to compare). Every grand safe is every grand earned!  sweat.gif
It was a typo on the speaker config type (7.2.4 NOT 11.2.4).
There's also great review on the AI sound on Dolby Atmos & DTSX on the Yamaha, initially it was written off as gimmick, now admitted as a superb addition in the Yamaha.

Audyssey XT32  - Agreed especially with the Yamaha's restriction on the sub freq no lower than 30 hz. I'm trying to learn REW (once skill obtained, both YPAO and Audyssey is immaterial) but given the choice, it's less hassle with the Audyssey XT32 instead of getting myself the minidsp, mic etc. (lazy me talking).

Regards to x4400h - I agree, as I don't fancy the "IMAX enhanced" and won't be using eARC and Airplay.

Thanks again for your input, appreciate it!
Personally speaking, I've always had less issues in regards to HDCP handshaking with Yamaha receivers - in comparison to the others. Not sure if it's due to Yamaha being the only body that sends their products to the HDMI org for certification or not (eventhough the HDMI forum does not guarantee 100% flawless handshake issues with certification), but yeah - just for handshaking alone, I'm okay to pay that extra because I have A LOT of HDMI devices laying around as I do tests for several products.

Placebo maybe. hmm.gif

Actually YPAO is basically useless for sub PEQing, whether or not it's limited to 30hz. It does practically nothing from 30-120hz anyways. For a while, my solution was just measuring with REW and importing the fixes manually (it was TEDIOUS let me tell you that). Then I said fuck it, got a minidsp DDRC24 (DIRAC).

QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 22 2019, 12:51 AM)
Actually, I've been following (reading on forums) the 6300, it does have serious overheating issue. Even on power on, no sound mode, it starts to build up heat. Almost everyone that used it complained about it. 6400 also inherited the same (if memory serves me right). Issue solved by incorporating a fan. I even use a fan for my current Yamaha (it does overheat but never shut on me). Laptop fan will do, or those cheap china USB fans. I'm using AIRCOM, got it from Amazon.

The fan is marvelous, you can set the temp cut off, it's relatively silent. It's cheap in the US, convert MYR plus shipping can set you at RM 500 - 600  sweat.gif  (but worth la)
FWIW my 3060 has never over heated, barely ever hot to touch even. Yamaha Aventage receivers... well, at this price point - they are the only ones who puts some extensive heatsinks in their products. The x6500H and 7013 on the other hand.... yeah, even in an AC room it can still warm up the room.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jul 22 2019, 01:08 AM
vickno
post Jul 22 2019, 02:16 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jul 22 2019, 01:07 AM)
Personally speaking, I've always had less issues in regards to HDCP handshaking with Yamaha receivers - in comparison to the others. Not sure if it's due to Yamaha being the only body that sends their products to the HDMI org for certification or not (eventhough the HDMI forum does not guarantee 100% flawless handshake issues with certification), but yeah - just for handshaking alone, I'm okay to pay that extra because I have A LOT of HDMI devices laying around as I do tests for several products.

Placebo maybe.  hmm.gif

Actually YPAO is basically useless for sub PEQing, whether or not it's limited to 30hz. It does practically nothing from 30-120hz anyways. For a while, my solution was just measuring with REW and importing the fixes manually (it was TEDIOUS let me tell you that). Then I said fuck it, got a minidsp DDRC24 (DIRAC).
FWIW my 3060 has never over heated, barely ever hot to touch even. Yamaha Aventage receivers... well, at this price point - they are the only ones who puts some extensive heatsinks in their products. The x6500H and 7013 on the other hand.... yeah, even in an AC room it can still warm up the room.
Thanks again!
splinter
post Apr 25 2020, 10:15 PM

New Kid In Town
2,102 posts

Need help, my x1300 require update so hand inchy go update it now fail keep restart retry update and again fail 0103. What should I do?

Should I try update tomorrow again? Possible the server down?
Skylinestar
post Apr 26 2020, 12:42 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

QUOTE(splinter @ Apr 25 2020, 10:15 PM)
Need help, my x1300 require update so hand inchy go update it now fail keep restart retry update and again fail 0103. What should I do?

Should I try update tomorrow again? Possible the server down?
is the avr still working fine right now?

in case you want to do a reset
splinter
post Apr 26 2020, 01:23 PM

New Kid In Town
2,102 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Apr 26 2020, 12:42 PM)
is the avr still working fine right now?

in case you want to do a reset
[S720W/S920W/X1300W/X2300W/X3300W] "TUNER PRESET CH +" and "TUNER PRESET CH -" (leftmost buttons just under the front panel display on "X" series models);

Was follow this but each time I on the power cord the AVR auto start and try many times can't reset. If I press on/stanby buttont with preset +- too long it restart again
ktek
post Apr 26 2020, 01:59 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

QUOTE(splinter @ Apr 26 2020, 01:23 PM)
[S720W/S920W/X1300W/X2300W/X3300W] "TUNER PRESET CH +" and "TUNER PRESET CH -" (leftmost buttons just under the front panel display on "X" series models);

Was follow this but each time I on the power cord the AVR auto start and try many times can't reset. If I press on/stanby buttont with preset +- too long it restart again
use pendrive update plz. entry a zero before the serial number.
u should hold the 3 button forever while someone help u turn on power switch.

This post has been edited by ktek: Apr 26 2020, 02:14 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:52 AM