Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DENON AVR V2.0, Explore the sky dragon.....

views

scsoo
post Apr 9 2018, 10:40 AM

Casual
426 posts

Just wanna get a feel on the Auro 3D compared to Atmos or DTS:X or the rest of the surround...
I have 2016 Denon and that time its a purchased update that until now I have not willing to open my wallet.
Denon user of the 2017 model, how the feel of Auro 3D? Is it really that much better?
Curious if indeed worth it to open my wallet.

CoffeeDude
post Jun 12 2018, 11:10 PM

Regular
1,542 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jan 25 2018, 05:08 PM)
The Denon has processing up to 11 channels where as the Yamaha is only locked to 9. You will need to get at least an external 2-channel amp to get all 11 channels from the Denon though.

As for other things like Audyssey vs YPAO - it's pretty much preference at this point. Both are fairly decent as far as auto-EQ goes, but most have a preference to Audyssey. Another aspect is that Denon receivers doesn't put a hard limiter on the long-term power output unlike Yamaha receivers. Not that it matters a whole lot since if you are employing sub(s) and have a 60 or 80hz crossover (or higher), the power differential is an almost pointless discussion.

DACs discussion are again pointless discussion because they are entirely subjective and most people can't even be honest enough to tell you the difference (i.e none) they supposedly hear. As for other integrated options like networking, I think both Yamaha and Denon are pretty much neck-to-neck. MusicCast is cool, Heos is cool. There's not much to separate them as they do pretty much the same thing.

The only ONE OBJECTIVE difference is that Yamaha certifies their HDMI chipset, ports and firmware with the HDMI org. They actually send their receivers to be run through stringent HDMI test to meet the official specifications. Denon does not and that's why you'd see more complaints about incompatibility with devices from Denon (and Marantz) users.

So really it all comes down if you want to do 7.x.4 or 5.x.4. If it's the former, the 4400 is hard to beat. Otherwise I believe the Yamaha A2070 is considerably cheaper than the Denon 4400h.
Denon and Marantz AVRs are from the same company right?
So is there any difference between Denon AVR-X4400H and Marantz SR6012?
Both looks almost the same in specs.
The Marantz is cheaper than the Denon.
SSJBen
post Jun 13 2018, 12:10 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(CoffeeDude @ Jun 12 2018, 11:10 PM)
Denon and Marantz AVRs are from the same company right?
So is there any difference between Denon AVR-X4400H and Marantz SR6012?
Both looks almost the same in specs.
The Marantz is cheaper than the Denon.
Most of the internal hardware between Denon and Marantz AVR are similar if not identical. Marantz however does have their HDAM module which Denon receivers lack, whether or not that is better is subjective. I personally don't hear much of a difference between them.

The X4400h is more expensive because its direct sister is the SR7012, not the SR6012. Yes, on paper the SR6012 does indeed have a better bang for the buck.
bluehippy
post Jun 15 2018, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Hi,

I need help. I have a marantz sr7005 that I have been using for 4 years now. Bought it new and have been using with no issues till about a week ago. The display on the tv started to turn blue and sometimes the tv would disappear and reappear intermittently. When it disappears it would be replaced with a ‘snowy’ screen. It comes back but will flicker again. On a bad day it will flicker for a while and will end up with just a black screen. I have tried connecting the sources direct to the tv via hdmi and it works fine so it seems to be the sr7005. Audio still works well.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
keyo
post Oct 14 2018, 06:05 PM

Casual
345 posts

Hi how much i can sell denon avr 3801 tq
SUSjdgobio
post Oct 15 2018, 06:33 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(bluehippy @ Jun 15 2018, 10:41 PM)
Hi,

I need help. I have a marantz sr7005 that I have been using for 4 years now. Bought it new and have been using with no issues till about a week ago. The display on the tv started to turn blue and sometimes the tv would disappear and reappear intermittently. When it disappears it would be replaced with a ‘snowy’ screen. It comes back but will flicker again. On a bad day it will flicker for a while and will end up with just a black screen. I have tried connecting the sources direct to the tv via hdmi and it works fine so it seems to be the sr7005. Audio still works well.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Maybe the HDMI port is faulty. Try other HDMI ports. If all ports are like that then the HDMI board is probably gone. Used to be a common problem with Onkyos but could happen to any brands. Try sending for repair to the new Marantz/Denon distributor.
Two5Kid
post Nov 3 2018, 05:54 PM

On my way
629 posts

To those with Denon AV receivers, using for Dolby Atmos via 5.1.2. Just want to know, how is the Zone 2 powered? In some other brands, the .2 at the back will be shut off in Zone 1 while Zone 2 plays music.

Am interested in the 2400H or 2500H. Or if anyone have a better solution?

What I'm looking for is that I can get a somewhat low-end 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos in Zone 1, and even if I watch a non-Dolby Atmos movie, people in Zone 2 can listen to music.
kevloke
post Nov 22 2018, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Done!

This post has been edited by kevloke: Nov 30 2018, 09:19 AM
kevinlim001
post Jul 15 2019, 10:08 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(scsoo @ Apr 9 2018, 10:40 AM)
Just wanna get a feel on the Auro 3D compared to Atmos or DTS:X or the rest of the surround...
I have 2016 Denon and that time its a purchased update that until now I have not willing to open my wallet.
Denon user of the 2017 model, how the feel of Auro 3D? Is it really that much better?
Curious if indeed worth it to open my wallet.
i dont know bro.. i feel that if the media we r playing is giving auro 3d then it will be something that is worth investing..
Atmos or DTS:X or HDMA or TrueHD are supported by the media.. Each of the channel comes with their own signal.
If that is an audio processing algorithm only it may sometime sounds fake.

Just my humble opinion thou..
vickno
post Jul 19 2019, 04:43 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

Hi Denon users,

I would like get your feedback on Denon product used in Malaysia.

1) How's the reliability? I've heard Denon is not as reliable as Yamaha.
2) How's the waranty period in Malaysia? 1 yr or 3 years as in the USA it's 3 years.
3) Has anyone got themselves extended warranty?
4) How's the service of warranty by our local distributor?

I'm currently a Yamah RX-V671 user and I'm torn between Yamaha Aventage 3080 + external amp OR Denon x4500H (7.2.4 setup).

Feedbacks will be helpful for my decision (I've used my yamaha for 8 years now, still no issues and no handshake issue at all).

thanks

edit: correction from 11.2.4 to 7.2.4

This post has been edited by vickno: Jul 22 2019, 12:09 AM
ktek
post Jul 19 2019, 04:05 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 19 2019, 04:43 AM)
Hi Denon users,

2) How's the waranty period in Malaysia? 1 yr or 3 years as in the USA it's 3 years.

I'm currently a Yamah RX-V671 user and I'm torn between Yamaha Aventage 3080 +  external amp  OR Denon x4500H (11.2.4 setup).

Feedbacks will be helpful for my decision (I've used my yamaha for 8 years now, still no issues and no handshake issue at all).

thanks
i have denon x2000, bd player, several marantz avr and other equipments. most of them in good shape no spoil yet.
1 year unless stated otherwise.
no
old distribution WKH was ok, even repair charges after warranty end. didnt try to claim after new shop Dynamic take over yet.

i have trust in product quality & lifespan rather than long warranty.
SSJBen
post Jul 19 2019, 04:10 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Hi Denon users,

I'm currently a Yamah RX-V671 user and I'm torn between Yamaha Aventage 3080 +  external amp  OR Denon x4500H (11.2.4 setup).

thanks
1) Hard to comment on reliability. You hear Denon not being as reliable is simply because there are WAAAY more Denon receivers vs Yamaha, globally speaking - so obviously there's going to be a lot more feedback and opinions on Denon (and Marantz) receivers. Remember, what you read about Marantz basically applies to Denon as well, so the reliability reports are 2 fold over Yamaha. Where are you basing the reliability numbers from?

2) I believe it's 1 year here, but I may be wrong.

3) Can't answer this one sorry.

4) Used to be so-so, now there's a new distro but they're fairly new with the D+M partnership.

The A3080 is a better built AVR than the x4500H. There's no argument about it, better components and worksmanship all around in the 3080. What the x4500H offers you is better value in terms of channel processing support and features. You're paying less for the same 11 channels (note, you can only do a max of 7.2.4, NOT 11.2.4) processing, but take note you do also need an external amp for the x4500H to use all 11 channels.

Audyssey XT32 has proven itself to be better than YPAO RSC 64bit in bass PEQing. There's no doubt about it. Audyssey also allows manual customization of the PEQ with their app, but IMO their app isn't great and they've got a some ways to go to iron out some really annoying bugs. YPAO manual edit is basically fail-proof as it's built into the receiver itself, so there's that. If you are going to employ an external DSP for bass EQing (like with a minidsp + REW or antimode or minidsp with DIRAC), then none of this really matters that much.

Personally, I'd pay more for Yamaha because the build quality is simply more robust. Also since I already have external amps, the cost of entry between the both is about a ~RM1k difference. In your case, since you do have to get an external amp as I assume you're looking to use all 11 channels, it's probably a more logical choice to go with the x4500H. In fact, you could save more by going with the x4400h too as they're basically the same receiver minus AirPlay 2, IMAX enhanced support and eARC.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jul 19 2019, 04:12 PM
kevinlim001
post Jul 19 2019, 04:21 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

Hi Denon users,

thanks
1) My denon x2000 smoke me after 5 years of service. Using another set of X2000 now.
2) 1 year
3) dont think is required. This unit easily last > 2 years
4) never tried.

Denon X4500H is a good unit. How many speakers you planning to be connected? For me i will still do X4500h + external amp. You need the external amp to feed more power to your speaker. If you are familiar with multichannel AVR, system like 4500h will splt the power between speakers (the more speakers you connect the more power it will divide). x4500h comes with proper preout that allow connection for external amp to provide better support to hungry speakers. If your speaker is not demanding i think x4500 is good enough to power them.

sonerin
post Jul 20 2019, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

If you have more than 7 channel is better to put power amp. Denon is known to overheat when running many channels and it will shutdown
ktek
post Jul 20 2019, 04:39 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Jul 19 2019, 04:21 PM)
1) My denon x2000 smoke me after 5 years of service. Using another set of X2000 now.
2) 1 year
3) dont think is required. This unit easily last > 2 years
4) never tried.

Denon X4500H is a good unit. How many speakers you planning to be connected? For me i will still do X4500h + external amp. You need the external amp to feed more power to your speaker. If you are familiar with multichannel AVR, system like 4500h will splt the power between speakers (the more speakers you connect the more power it will divide). x4500h comes with proper preout that allow connection for external amp to provide better support to hungry speakers. If your speaker is not demanding i think x4500 is good enough to power them.
how to avoid x2000 smoking icon_question.gif i got one non smoker
kevinlim001
post Jul 21 2019, 08:13 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jul 20 2019, 04:39 PM)
how to avoid x2000 smoking icon_question.gif i got one non smoker
i havent set it to repair yet bro.. smoking cause unknown.. i have a few speakers which i did direct connection, some i use banana plug maybe short circuit. Or it could be power issue.. On another unit of my x2000 i m using all banana plugs and power conditioner. I think i m the unlucky one i guess.. i seeing ppl using for denon for more than 10 years..
Topet
post Jul 21 2019, 09:51 AM

schadenfreude
985 posts

X6300 user here, its heating like in hell when i'm using it about -15db running 7 channel. I think adding power amp would reduce the heat, anyone can confirm? for 11.2 channel avr the case is so small compare to Marantz SR7012.
ktek
post Jul 21 2019, 10:24 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Jul 21 2019, 08:13 AM)
i havent set it to repair yet bro.. smoking cause unknown.. i have a few speakers which i did direct connection, some i use banana plug maybe short circuit. Or it could be power issue.. On another unit of my x2000 i m using all banana plugs and power conditioner. I think i m the unlucky one i guess.. i seeing ppl using for denon for more than 10 years..

thanks bro so early on sunday.
appreciate your tips. im using direct wire in

QUOTE(Topet @ Jul 21 2019, 09:51 AM)
X6300 user here, its heating like in hell when i'm using it about -15db running 7 channel. I think adding power amp would reduce the heat, anyone can confirm? for 11.2 channel avr the case is so small compare to Marantz SR7012.
i think to put a fan from laptop cooler pad (detach the fan from any cheap pad).
avr has a usb port direct run
kevinlim001
post Jul 21 2019, 10:44 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(Topet @ Jul 21 2019, 09:51 AM)
yes adding power amp will reduce the heat but you are transferring the heat to the power amp. Mid to high end power amp are class AB or class A which is even more hot compare to denon class D. That's a little sacrifice to exchange for better listening headroom.
kevinlim001
post Jul 21 2019, 10:44 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

--deleted--

double post

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Jul 21 2019, 10:45 AM

101 Pages « < 98 99 100 101 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:53 PM