Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Proton SAVVY-AMT Problem ?, questions

views

TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 12:30 AM, updated 15y ago

41 posts

Hi, I'm about to get my final decision whcih is on buying a used proton savvy AMT

But then, i suddenly stumble upon a thread on savoc.net and alot of the savvy amt user had a problem with their AMT
Some even said it almost took their life twice!
But some said AMT is a charm. Then again, im confused.
Is the AMT really problematic? If it is, what is the actual problem and can it be fix once and for all?

p/s: The reason i wanna get AMT is cause, i cant drive manual, and there is no AT version available.

Hope i can get a reply asap. Thanks in advance smile.gif
rcracer
post Mar 18 2010, 12:38 AM

?????
3,743 posts

why you didn't ask there?

isn't it better to get the owners replies than here with i heard a friend of a friend uncles daughters wife's colleague's girlfriend's second sister's father in law's heard this and that
pciericagp
post Mar 18 2010, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

You seem like new car buyer. If can, stay out from Proton Savvy especially AMT. Manual was ok but the overall repair & maintainance cost will much more higher than other.

It seem you're in tight budget. If so you will got problem when it goes wrong and expensive to repair & maintain even under warranty.

Advisable to get new proton saga auto b-line.

TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 12:42 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Mar 18 2010, 12:38 AM)
why you didn't ask there?

isn't it better to get the owners replies than here with i heard a friend of a friend uncles daughters wife's colleague's girlfriend's second sister's father in law's heard this and that
erm, Most of them are Malay ( im not being racist )
just that the language and shortcuts they used, i really cant understand a thing, hence, i thought i'd post here instead

QUOTE(pciericagp @ Mar 18 2010, 12:39 AM)
You seem like new car buyer. If can, stay out from Proton Savvy especially AMT. Manual was ok but the overall repair & maintainance cost will much more higher than other.

It seem you're in tight budget. If so you will got problem when it goes wrong and expensive to repair & maintain even under warranty.

Advisable to get new proton saga auto b-line.
how much is the b-line saga? for used ones ><
thanks for the response anyway.
edit: btw, why is the savvy AMT being really fcuked up?

This post has been edited by BlueBoii: Mar 18 2010, 12:43 AM
carrera_gt
post Mar 18 2010, 12:46 AM

0 posts

go for kelisa 1.0 at.

better 100 times than savvy
TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 12:48 AM

41 posts

dont like kelisa/kancil/kenari ><
how i wish used myvi can get with 20k sigh.
then all problem solved
rcracer
post Mar 18 2010, 01:19 AM

?????
3,743 posts

QUOTE(BlueBoii @ Mar 17 2010, 04:42 PM)
erm, Most of them are Malay ( im not being racist )
just that the language and shortcuts they used, i really cant understand a thing, hence, i thought i'd post here instead
how much is the b-line saga? for used ones ><
thanks for the response anyway.
edit: btw, why is the savvy AMT being really fcuked up?
fair enough, the BM used is almost incomprehensible
TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 01:48 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Mar 18 2010, 01:19 AM)
fair enough, the BM used is almost incomprehensible
any idea on the price for myvi second hand?
or any car similar to myvi/savvy that is around the price?
omnimech
post Mar 18 2010, 01:53 AM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

20k, getting a myvi is hard dude.

most 3 yr old myvis are still going for about 30k plus minus
TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 03:50 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(omnimech @ Mar 18 2010, 01:53 AM)
20k, getting a myvi is hard dude.

most 3 yr old myvis are still going for about 30k plus minus
yah mostly are 25k ish
thats why i thought of going savvy, but the AMT problem, made me struggle.
is the savvy AMT really that problematically serious?
tplcaik
post Mar 18 2010, 07:53 AM

<DeaL WiTh ConFideNcE>
3,541 posts

QUOTE(BlueBoii @ Mar 18 2010, 03:50 AM)
yah mostly are 25k ish
thats why i thought of going savvy, but the AMT problem, made me struggle.
is the savvy AMT really that problematically serious?
The most problematic part was gear box. Once "kong" you have to ready RM5k to change. How about consider 2nd hand Aveo or Getz(RM2xk++).
acbc
post Mar 18 2010, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

AMT's weakness is the actuator. Similar problem also plagued smart fortwos and forfours. But, in the end, all u need is a gearbox adaptation in which the mechanic will adjust d actuator to match the clutch wear. When done, it is as good as new.

However, if the actuator is faulty, a replacement is necessary. For Proton, the actuator should quite affordable. On smart, it will cost us RM 4.7k!
ajay67
post Mar 18 2010, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

BlueBoii, i realise that u also posted at LYN savvy thread. u should ask details there instead of opening another thread.

anyway, i'm also like u looking for small AT car, with budget 25k. for yr budget <20k, u can get kelisa yr 2002 or below. kancil is too small for me. plus, i don like 3-speed auto. after so many negative remarks of the AMT, i also more incline towards kelisa AT. 25k can get yr 2004 i think
WhitE LighteR
post Mar 18 2010, 08:57 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(tplcaik @ Mar 18 2010, 07:53 AM)
The most problematic part was gear box. Once "kong" you have to ready RM5k to change. How about consider 2nd hand Aveo or Getz(RM2xk++).
wut i heard was the whole gb is 15k
ahlong
post Mar 18 2010, 09:06 AM

not a debt collector
559 posts

for TS, just dont buy the AMT.. if can, find other cars with AT..
if u want to know why, u can try ask jiash87 via PM..

he's from savvyclub and he own a savvy also..
mosh
post Mar 18 2010, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

im a proud owner of savvy AMT ( and other car ) and driving it daily on average 85KM per day for these 3 years. 90% city driving, home to work and back.. no such problem with the GB.. good maintenance = no problem.. always take care of your auto box oil.. change / service them when interval comes.. use the correct auto box oil and remember to follow your service schedule.. dont try to overdrag.
duke4g
post Mar 18 2010, 10:20 AM

5 posts

Perodua MYVI 1.3CC -05
Advertised by Lee P.J 16 Jan 13:59. List-ID: 5039290. Manage

Price: RM 18 000 Reg. year: 2005
Mileage: 60 000 - 64 999 Make: Perodua
Model: MyVi Transmission: Auto
Engine Capacity: 1300 cc
Accessories: Solar Film, CD Player, Airbag driver, Airbag passenger, ABS Brakes, Sport rims, Alarm, Central lock, Adjustable steering

Tip top condition meh....
welcome trade in for more information
call
sean lee
016 5555-354
WhitE LighteR
post Mar 18 2010, 10:27 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(duke4g @ Mar 18 2010, 10:20 AM)
Perodua MYVI 1.3CC -05

Price: RM 18 000  Reg. year: 2005 
Mileage: 60 000 - 64 999  Make: Perodua
Model: MyVi  Transmission: Auto
Accessories: Solar Film, CD Player, Airbag driver, Airbag passenger, ABS Brakes, Sport rims, Alarm, Central lock, Adjustable steering

call
sean lee
016 5555-354
one would wonder why its so cheap....
junbecks
post Mar 18 2010, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(BlueBoii @ Mar 18 2010, 12:30 AM)
Hi, I'm about to get my final decision whcih is on buying a used proton savvy AMT

But then, i suddenly stumble upon a thread on savoc.net and alot of the savvy amt user had a problem with their AMT
Some even said it almost took their life twice!
But some said AMT is a charm. Then again, im confused.
Is the AMT really problematic? If it is, what is the actual problem and can it be fix once and for all?

p/s: The reason i wanna get AMT is cause, i cant drive manual, and there is no AT version available.
Hope i can get a reply asap. Thanks in advance  smile.gif
you cant drive a manual because you dont have a left leg?
or because you dont want to learn?

or because you dont want to at all.
SweetPuff
post Mar 18 2010, 10:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,021 posts

I'd be very wary of cheap car offers. You never know whether it's been through accident or it's a kereta potong. Or if there's a long history of mechanical problems.
ajay67
post Mar 18 2010, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

yeah.. too good to be true
ketiak_masyam
post Mar 18 2010, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

don't try to buy 2nd amt...just buy new one hohoho
SUSMatrix
post Mar 18 2010, 11:12 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

Just buy the Manual Savvy. Beats ANY Perodua car. And who seyz all the rubbish about expensive maintenance? It's just normal. And maintenance interval is 10,000km, thus, cheaper than P2 cars. Just stay away from AMT.

I love my manual Savvy 2.5 years, tip top, and no, i'm not selling. LOL.

TS: what's so hard about driving manual? I drove manual, than drive auto for 7 year, change back to manual...only takes me a week or two to adjust. And Savvy's manual is way better than P2 cars, engine not so easily off even if you suck at clutching, unlike the Myvi. And despite Myvi's bigger room and space, it is actually more comfortable sitting in the Savvy due to the position is not so steep unlike the Myvi...my leg always kena the dashboard below when driving Myvi unless i push back a lot. Savvy's seat is way more comfortable due to the angle. I'm 5"11 btw.

ajay67
post Mar 18 2010, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

some people just prefer auto. they won't buy manual no matter what. me included wink.gif
SUSMatrix
post Mar 18 2010, 11:27 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(SweetPuff @ Mar 18 2010, 10:37 AM)
I'd be very wary of cheap car offers. You never know whether it's been through accident or it's a kereta potong. Or if there's a long history of mechanical problems.
Good stuff not cheap. Cheap stuff no good. Beware!!! nod.gif
ketiak_masyam
post Mar 18 2010, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Mar 18 2010, 11:12 AM)
Just buy the Manual Savvy. Beats ANY Perodua car. And who seyz all the rubbish about expensive maintenance? It's just normal. And maintenance interval is 10,000km, thus, cheaper than P2 cars. Just stay away from AMT.

I love my manual Savvy 2.5 years, tip top, and no, i'm not selling. LOL.

TS: what's so hard about driving manual? I drove manual, than drive auto for 7 year, change back to manual...only takes me a week or two to adjust. And Savvy's manual is way better than P2 cars, engine not so easily off even if you suck at clutching, unlike the Myvi. And despite Myvi's bigger room and space, it is actually more comfortable sitting in the Savvy due to the position is not so steep unlike the Myvi...my leg always kena the dashboard below when driving Myvi unless i push back a lot. Savvy's seat is way more comfortable due to the angle. I'm 5"11 btw.
try drive both savvy and myvi for long distance e.g kl - jb...guess who will sakit belakang 1st whistling.gif
TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 12:45 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Mar 18 2010, 08:34 AM)
AMT's weakness is the actuator. Similar problem also plagued smart fortwos and forfours. But, in the end, all u need is a gearbox adaptation in which the mechanic will adjust d actuator to match the clutch wear. When done, it is as good as new.

However, if the actuator is faulty, a replacement is necessary. For Proton, the actuator should quite affordable. On smart, it will cost us RM 4.7k!
if the problems occur again, oftenly, wouldnt it cost me alot more in the long run?
im really worry bout all these

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Mar 18 2010, 08:53 AM)
BlueBoii, i realise that u also posted at LYN savvy thread. u should ask details there instead of opening another thread.

anyway, i'm also like u looking for small AT car, with budget 25k. for yr budget <20k, u can get kelisa yr 2002 or below. kancil is too small for me. plus, i don like 3-speed auto. after so many negative remarks of the AMT, i also more incline towards kelisa AT. 25k can get yr 2004 i think
sorry =X
yeah i dony like kancil, but kelisa and kenari is not my type too.

QUOTE(ahlong @ Mar 18 2010, 09:06 AM)
for TS, just dont buy the AMT.. if can, find other cars with AT..
if u want to know why, u can try ask jiash87 via PM..

he's from savvyclub and he own a savvy also..
okay, thank you so much for the info smile.gif

QUOTE(duke4g @ Mar 18 2010, 10:20 AM)
Perodua MYVI 1.3CC -05

Price: RM 18 000  Reg. year: 2005 
Mileage: 60 000 - 64 999  Make: Perodua
Model: MyVi  Transmission: Auto

call
sean lee
016 5555-354
i would like to test drive it. and yeah i'm really started to be wary since others say why is it so cheap but yeah.do pm me thanks for the response
i have actually bookmarked your post in mudah.my

QUOTE(tplcaik @ Mar 18 2010, 07:53 AM)
oh god. if kong often then, pocket burn lots of hole also not enough lo
btw, your suggestion on Aveo & Getz is nice. Thanks. Any other car similar to these?

This post has been edited by BlueBoii: Mar 18 2010, 01:02 PM
SUSMatrix
post Mar 18 2010, 01:12 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(ketiak_masyam @ Mar 18 2010, 12:00 PM)
try drive both savvy and myvi for long distance e.g kl - jb...guess who will sakit belakang 1st  whistling.gif
OMG., Myvi highway sucks crap, i thought everyone knows that already....doh.gif... Vibrate and shake,floaty, feels not safe at all. Savvy is so steady on the highway...no fiight at all. I've drove both Savvy and Myvi long distance btw. No sakit belakang for both, but Savvy is just so steady...no tension. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Matrix: Mar 18 2010, 01:15 PM
JackX
post Mar 18 2010, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Mar 18 2010, 08:34 AM)

lol talking about smart, I saw one in Sunway the other day... turbocharged some more! the blow off valve sound is very loud, however it looks kinda funny seeing such a small car accelerate drool.gif
ahsam1212
post Mar 18 2010, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

With this kinda budget, buy nissan sentra. Reliable car.
Why think of savvy AMT? too famous for its problems? haha..
U don't want to break your wallet repairing a problematic AMT.

Maybe AMT will let u down, stuck somewhere at traffic light. Just the matter of time only.
TSBlueBoii
post Mar 18 2010, 01:42 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(ahsam1212 @ Mar 18 2010, 01:19 PM)
With this kinda budget, buy nissan sentra. Reliable car.
Why think of savvy AMT? too famous for its problems? haha..
U don't want to break your wallet repairing a problematic AMT.

Maybe AMT will let u down, stuck somewhere at traffic light. Just the matter of time only.
hahaha idk much cars that is within the price range so yeah
still looking for cars within this price range.
btw, thx for suggestion smile.gif
acbc
post Mar 18 2010, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

QUOTE(JackX @ Mar 18 2010, 01:18 PM)
lol talking about smart, I saw one in Sunway the other day... turbocharged some more! the blow off valve sound is very loud, however it looks kinda funny seeing such a small car accelerate  drool.gif
However, fortwos don't have top end. Good for city driving and easier to find parking (park between 2 cars).

Nowadays, people want to hear the loud roar from a waste gate not chirps from BOV (boring already).
alpha0201
post Mar 18 2010, 04:01 PM

¡¡¡llǝ� ǝuoƃ �ou s,�ɐɥ�
911 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Mar 18 2010, 01:12 PM)
OMG., Myvi highway sucks crap, i thought everyone knows that already....doh.gif... Vibrate and shake,floaty, feels not safe at all. Savvy is so steady on the highway...no fiight at all. I've drove both Savvy and Myvi long distance btw. No sakit belakang for both, but Savvy is just so steady...no tension.  thumbup.gif
I'm satisfied with my myvi. Travel 120kph no shake & vibrate except the wind noise.

Savvy is fine too but I can't fit in the driver seat properly due to steering height, which place right on my lap.

Added on March 18, 2010, 4:02 pm
QUOTE(acbc @ Mar 18 2010, 03:00 PM)
However, fortwos don't have top end. Good for city driving and easier to find parking (park between 2 cars).

Nowadays, people want to hear the loud roar from a waste gate not chirps from BOV (boring already).
Smart ForTwo is damn stable at high speed for a car that small.

This post has been edited by alpha0201: Mar 18 2010, 04:02 PM
mdmmdm
post Apr 14 2016, 12:40 AM

1 posts

I drive 2008 Savvy 1.2AMT can find with 8K to 10K RM Second hand, very good car on road, I prefer it more than Myvi (Second Hand 20K RM), stylish economic,

but not good for hardcore drivers, need to drive elegant way, and understand AMT tricks, otherwise go for Kancil Auto match your low budget I call you motocar.
mdmmdm
post Jul 1 2017, 05:09 PM

1 posts

I Got Issue ............ Please icon_question.gif

Savvy 2008 AMMT

I installed GPS tracking device (Chinese Version vmad.gif ) Connected to OBDII , it was last 4 weeks and everything is ok

I'm not sure if this related to my problem, the tracking device got sim card (UMOBILE) with GPRS, the sim card need to top-up (DONE)

and reset the settings ,,, but still the problem

***Problem is*** bangwall.gif

after normal driving during the day.... evening tried to startup the car

the key lock and unlock working properly, Alarm system is ok...

once I switch on the key into the car ignition switch, then nothing,,,, I got Yellow signal Auto on dashboard, and no engine start up

the gear on (N)

no any response just the yellow auto signal

Battery is new and I tried to jump start the battery just in case,,, nothing ...!

I take GPS tracker off, disconnected the battery then connected again, rclxub.gif

same ...

I take out the fuses of ECU and set again

nothing ,, just keep same response Yellow auto signal , and no ignition start up,,,, flex.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:51 PM