Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ford Fiesta preview in Malaysia, finally a more accessible Ford!

views

W.ROOK
post Mar 14 2010, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
930 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Mar 14 2010, 08:38 AM)
Not really across the range...

1.4 litre with 5 speed manual

1.6 litre with 6 speed dual clutch automatic transmission  drool.gif

Hatchback and saloon offered.
Dual Clutch Transmission eeerrrrr seriously whats the difference between the normal and this one?
W.ROOK
post Mar 14 2010, 09:05 AM

Enthusiast
930 posts

QUOTE(ezikie1 @ Mar 14 2010, 08:53 AM)
wiki la lazy bum! ......

btw 6speed means better rpm utilization, less fuel consumption, smoother ride

twin clutch faster shift

sick of my current 4speed auto that sucks shit....with its stupid slow upshift.....
Thanks for the info but could you do it in proper way rather than call ppl lazy bump?
W.ROOK
post Mar 14 2010, 01:07 PM

Enthusiast
930 posts

QUOTE(ezikie1 @ Mar 14 2010, 11:31 AM)
lazy bum is the least vulgar that i can do....cant u just wiki it ffs?!

offtopic btw...tongue.gif

yea one ford, but not 1 pricing...tongue.gif msia cars are still exp... brows.gif
This shows how "FUB" u have and I am not here for a tit for tat you "MF" and these are least words I can describe of
such an arrogant migrant.
W.ROOK
post Mar 16 2010, 07:29 AM

Enthusiast
930 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Mar 14 2010, 05:54 PM)
Dual clutch means there are two clutches, one for odd gears 1,3,5 and another for even gears 2,4,6. When you are in gear 1, gear 2 is already preselected but the clutch is disengaged, when it's time to shift clutch 2 engages and clutch 1 disengage, how this happens in technical i don't know it's black magic, but the result is shifts are quicker and smoother than conventional autos since the gear is already pre-selected and ready.

Also in dual clutch there is no torque converter like conventional auto hence no loss in transmission and different from automated manuals where you need to lift off the accelerator when it shifts for a smoother shift. And new generation ones ford powershift has a creep function where the car can roll along on its own like a conventional auto which is very very very useful during traffic jam or parking.

Compared to a CVT you don't get the rubber band effect and the engine isn't like riding a scooter always at one RPM. And less power loss than CVTs that use a torque converter also.

So basically a dual clutch combines the efficiency of a manual with the convenience on an conventional auto.
rcracer,

Thank You. thumbup.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 AM