Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Worthy MPV in Malaysia, Looking for Quality & Worthy MPV

Levis69
post Mar 11 2010, 09:51 AM

Group: Junior Member

I plan to buy a MPV car for long term usage considering the Quality and the price as well. So, need your suggestion and input for me which MPV car are worthy to buy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lee0125
post Mar 11 2010, 10:04 AM

Getting Started

You can consider Toyota Rush. Just got mine, very happy with it.
+Quote Post
s@ni
post Mar 11 2010, 10:11 AM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya
Group: Senior Member

if you didn't really choose by the look, I think Exora ok, cheap parts,
provided that you take care of the car. don't hit mudhole/hole/etc, service on time etc.
+Quote Post
titann16
post Mar 11 2010, 10:43 AM

Getting Started

I've test drive Exora n Libina 1.6 AT b4 with 5 adults, Exora really no power. Avanza, big no no

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sphiroth
post Mar 11 2010, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Exora, but get the MT ver.
+Quote Post
sjz
post Mar 11 2010, 10:47 AM

SjZ's here.......

if want to buy Exora, better choose Grand Livina, better in terms of FC and gear ratio...
the design of Grand Livina (stream-lined) looks better than Exora, at least for me..

but when comparing the price factor, i would choose Rondo, due to the acceptable price and higher engine capacity, the engine got power tat is more than sufficient.

This post has been edited by sjz: Mar 11 2010, 10:47 AM
+Quote Post
ketiak_masyam
post Mar 11 2010, 10:52 AM

Getting Started

toyota rush wtf...that's not mpv.
+Quote Post
xin
post Mar 11 2010, 10:59 AM

Maisonducat Storekeeper

Here are my opinions as i test drove Livina, Exora and Alza before. My vote goes to Grand Livina after the test drive.

Exora is most spacious among all. But the drawback for me is the center seats are not slide free. Making the 3rd row passengers with limited leg room eventhough the width seems spacious. The powertrain on Exora as any other Campros that need some time to buildup torque. It is good if you would like a family ride and normal cruise. Great for big families.

Alza on the other hand, can be qualified to be a 5seater with emergency rear extra seats for short distance. The space of coz is smallest and cramped. But if ure considering a 5 seater with more extra place for luggage and temporary 3rd row seats then can consider. The powertrain here once again, need some pushing to reach top speed as i test drove with total 3persons on Alza on this. Good for small families and normal cruise.

Livina would fit my taste the best. Although it looks small but it was comfy sitting at the 3rd row. Plus point is the slidable center seats i guess, making the legroom at the 3rd row more longer. It powertrain is also acceptable, as i was testing the 1.8 varient. The torque is there when it is needed.
+Quote Post
sphiroth
post Mar 11 2010, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(xin @ Mar 11 2010, 10:59 AM)
Here are my opinions as i test drove Livina, Exora and Alza before. My vote goes to Grand Livina after the test drive.

Exora is most spacious among all. But the drawback for me is the center seats are not slide free. Making the 3rd row passengers with limited leg room eventhough the width seems spacious. The powertrain on Exora as  any other Campros that need some time to buildup torque. It is good if you would like a family ride and normal cruise. Great for big families.

Alza on the other hand, can be qualified to be a 5seater with emergency rear extra seats for short distance. The space of coz is smallest and cramped. But if ure considering a 5 seater with more extra place for luggage and temporary 3rd row seats then can consider. The powertrain here once again, need some pushing to reach top speed as i test drove with total 3persons on Alza on this. Good for small families and normal cruise.

Livina would fit my taste the best. Although it looks small but it was comfy sitting at the 3rd row. Plus point is the slidable center seats i guess, making the legroom at the 3rd row more longer. It powertrain is also acceptable, as i was testing the 1.8 varient. The torque is there when it is needed.
For Exora AT, you need to use the L, 2, 3 instead of just D to fully utilize the the CPS powerband since it shift quite early.
+Quote Post
xin
post Mar 11 2010, 11:42 AM

Maisonducat Storekeeper

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Mar 11 2010, 11:32 AM)
For Exora AT, you need to use the L, 2, 3 instead of just D to fully utilize the the CPS powerband since it shift quite early.
Thanks for the advise, actually i tested downshift on all the models. Prolly Exora is abit tad heavier considering it is the most spacious of all. Thus some time is needed to buildup the torque, compared to the other 2. No worries, i dun mean Exora doesnt have pickup or so lol ..

But Livina just suits better to my preference.
+Quote Post
sphiroth
post Mar 11 2010, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(xin @ Mar 11 2010, 11:42 AM)
Thanks for the advise, actually i tested downshift on all the models. Prolly Exora is abit tad heavier considering it is the most spacious of all. Thus some time is needed to buildup the torque, compared to the other 2. No worries, i dun mean Exora doesnt have pickup or so lol ..

But Livina just suits better to my preference.
It just need to be revved up till the redline brows.gif which I think not really suitable for an MPV to have the 2-stage engine system compared to VVT system (good power at low rpm).
+Quote Post
imperialrealcs
post Mar 11 2010, 02:10 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!

QUOTE(ketiak_masyam @ Mar 11 2010, 10:52 AM)
it is wasnt mpv then what is it?
+Quote Post
mrl
post Mar 11 2010, 03:27 PM

Casual

isn't toyota rush an SUV???
+Quote Post
imperialrealcs
post Mar 11 2010, 03:42 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!

QUOTE(mrl @ Mar 11 2010, 03:27 PM)
isn't toyota rush an SUV???
juz because it placed the tyre on the rear instead undercarriage u classified it as suv? dont u know rush is very similar to avanza?
+Quote Post
xin
post Mar 11 2010, 03:52 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper

Rush is a Crossover SUV. Hence the explaination why it is similar to a MPV. And the long wheelbase version made it even more a MPV likable.
+Quote Post
ketiak_masyam
post Mar 11 2010, 03:53 PM

Getting Started

then beroktua naughtycar is an MPV??lol
+Quote Post
sugen
post Mar 11 2010, 03:55 PM

Regular

er... Rush is a Mpv? 7 seater?
QUOTE(lee0125 @ Mar 11 2010, 10:04 AM)
You can consider Toyota Rush. Just got mine, very happy with it.

Added on March 11, 2010, 3:59 pmNono for GL.. Why? very sempit leh.. The purpose of Mpv is spacious.. U try to seated with 7 ppl on GL.. u will know.. Even on the 2nd row with 3 person.. It is very jam pack & shoulder to shoulder gap only & now leg room at all.. Don't take about 3rd row seat.. And still selling on high price.. Rondo very spacious & with 2.0 Theta engine.. Very Fuel saver & price is affordable.. The only bad thing for Exora is the engine is 1.6... Really no power n heavy FC.. Go and test drive your self... This is my test drive result.. Remember bring along your family member & seated 7 ppl..

QUOTE(sjz @ Mar 11 2010, 10:47 AM)
if want to buy Exora, better choose Grand Livina, better in terms of FC and gear ratio...
the design of Grand Livina (stream-lined) looks better than Exora, at least for me..

but when comparing the price factor, i would choose Rondo, due to the acceptable price and higher engine capacity, the engine got power tat is more than sufficient.

Added on March 11, 2010, 4:00 pmU miss out Rondo.... else u will have different result

QUOTE(xin @ Mar 11 2010, 10:59 AM)

Exora is most spacious among all. But the drawback for me is the center seats are not slide free. Making the 3rd row passengers with limited leg room eventhough the width seems spacious. The powertrain on Exora asĀ  any other Campros that need some time to buildup torque. It is good if you would like a family ride and normal cruise. Great for big families.

This post has been edited by sugen: Mar 11 2010, 04:02 PM
+Quote Post
jags
post Mar 11 2010, 04:01 PM

Getting Started

Go for Rondo, it has been getting very good reviews.
+Quote Post
sugen
post Mar 11 2010, 04:03 PM

Regular

Go to do some reseach for Rondo on oversea market.. Very very good review + good respone
QUOTE(jags @ Mar 11 2)
Go for Rondo, it has been getting very good reviews.
+Quote Post
jags
post Mar 11 2010, 04:18 PM

Getting Started

agreed, Kia have been improving rapidly, and everyone knows it, except malaysians tongue.gif.

I have been impressed with Kia since I test drove the Rio JB/ Rio5 in 2005. Damn nice car, would have bought too, if it wasn't for the high price (around Rm79k).

QUOTE(sugen @ Mar 11 2010, 04:03 PM)
Go to do some reseach for Rondo on oversea market.. Very very good review + good respone
+Quote Post
sugen
post Mar 11 2010, 04:24 PM

Regular

See how Forte doing in the world market.. u will know.. By the way, back to Mpv.. Here is the comparison chart among Mpv..

QUOTE(jags @ Mar 11 2010, 04:18 PM)
agreed, Kia have been improving rapidly, and everyone knows it, except malaysians tongue.gif.

I have been impressed with Kia since I test drove the Rio JB/ Rio5 in 2005. Damn nice car, would have bought too, if it wasn't for the high price (around Rm79k).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrl
post Mar 11 2010, 04:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Mar 11 2010, 03:42 PM)
juz because it placed the tyre on the rear instead undercarriage u classified it as suv? dont u know rush is very similar to avanza?
lol... not because of that tyre on the rear... an SUV have the spare tyre removed still an SUV... I even saw a kancil mount the spare tyre on it's back... so is it an SUV??? of course not... laugh.gif

it's just looking more like an SUV rather than MPV to me... well, it's look is closer to CR-V and Nautica (of course laa... laugh.gif ) than Avanza to me... Wiki (not to say it's 100% accurate, but better than nothing) says it's a Mini SUV....
+Quote Post
xin
post Mar 11 2010, 04:44 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper

Sorry i didnt test drove the Rondo. But am really impressed with Kia especially the Forte which seems to be a great bargain. Btw, if you dont mind, can elaborate more on Rondo on the driving experience and also the seatings ? Can the center seats slide too ?
+Quote Post
sugen
post Mar 11 2010, 04:55 PM

Regular

Sure.. BTW, i m driving a Rondo.. Before that i tested GL, Exora, Avanza.. Avanza platform is a Van.. very bumpy.. GL & Rondo is a car platform.. Rondo is from New Optima.. And u don't fell like driving a van.. As they are car platform in term of handling & driving experience. very stable car crusing 140-150KM /H no problem on hightway. Rondo very spacious, power engine (GEMA Theta engine)Go to wikipedia to find out what is GEMA Theta engine & good FC.. Very important you go to test out all the mpv with your family..

The center seat have 2 pieces fold able.. But the bench is in one single piece.. The seat can move forward/backward to allow 3rd row passenger in/out..

QUOTE(xin @ Mar 11 2010, 04:44 PM)
Sorry i didnt test drove the Rondo. But am really impressed with Kia especially the Forte which seems to be a great bargain. Btw, if you dont mind, can elaborate more on Rondo on the driving experience and also the seatings ? Can the center seats slide too ?
+Quote Post
mydelsol
post Mar 11 2010, 05:39 PM

Malaysian

What abt used Honda Stream 2.0 (CBU Japan) 2002 going for less then 80k nowdays tongue.gif
+Quote Post
theanswer
post Mar 11 2010, 06:16 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ketiak_masyam @ Mar 11 2010, 10:52 AM)
body-wise no..but technically yes it can be considered as a mpv since rush we get here no 4wd.

Added on March 11, 2010, 6:19 pm
QUOTE(ketiak_masyam @ Mar 11 2010, 03:53 PM)
then beroktua naughtycar is an MPV??lol
nautica is suv..got 4wd. dont just lol..read more. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by theanswer: Mar 11 2010, 06:19 PM
+Quote Post
ketiak_masyam
post Mar 11 2010, 06:24 PM

Getting Started

naughtycar is almost same look as rush, who cares about 4wd or not.
+Quote Post
siksa
post Mar 11 2010, 06:40 PM

T_T

wait for exora turbo maybe?
+Quote Post
dudan
post Mar 11 2010, 08:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sugen @ Mar 11 2010, 04:55 PM)
Sure.. BTW, i m driving a Rondo.. Before that i tested GL, Exora, Avanza.. Avanza platform is a Van.. very bumpy.. GL & Rondo is a car platform.. Rondo is from New Optima.. And u don't fell like driving a van.. As they are car platform in term of handling & driving experience. very stable car crusing 140-150KM /H no problem on hightway. Rondo very spacious, power engine (GEMA Theta engine)Go to wikipedia to find out what is GEMA Theta engine & good FC.. Very important you go to test out all the mpv with your family..

The center seat have 2 pieces fold able.. But the bench is in one single piece.. The seat can move forward/backward to allow 3rd row passenger in/out..
seems like you've done good surveyed for this Rondo. mind to share the FC btw GL & Rondo. by the way, how's the 2nd hand value for Rondo ya? is it still acceptable due of its trademark as a korean car...Thanks for your share bro
+Quote Post
imperialrealcs
post Mar 11 2010, 08:18 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!

QUOTE(ketiak_masyam @ Mar 11 2010, 06:24 PM)
who ares if it is mpv or not? the fact that mpv or suv is juz a naming system.. no, u wont get extra boost of hp when calling the car the exact category it is in but u get whole different ride characteristic between 4wd or not.. yeah, the drive train is big deal
+Quote Post
aiyoyo
post May 11 2010, 10:12 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(dudan @ Mar 11 2010, 08:15 PM)
seems like you've done good surveyed for this Rondo. mind to share the FC btw GL & Rondo. by the way, how's the 2nd hand value for Rondo ya? is it still acceptable due of its trademark as a korean car...Thanks for your share bro
0.17-0.22 depending on the driving style. check here for more: http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?showtopic=86836

If you going to buy mpv, must give rondo a try so not to miss it out.
+Quote Post
tictac
post May 11 2010, 10:40 AM

4G15 Pencen
Group Icon
Group: Elite

grand livina 1.6 manual.
The close gear ratio combine with adequate torque. Can even play2 with vtec car in touge road... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
aiyoyo
post May 11 2010, 02:22 PM

woah lao. buy mpv still wan to use manual merr?

livina i test drive is 1.8A, still not feel enough power, so give up the choice.

This post has been edited by aiyoyo: May 11 2010, 02:54 PM
+Quote Post
heavy rain
post Sep 15 2010, 04:43 PM

Getting Started

go for exora or grand livina

rondo ? damn ugly
+Quote Post
carrera_gt
post Sep 16 2010, 01:02 AM

grand livina of coz~

or second hand wish~
+Quote Post
FlamingFox
post Sep 16 2010, 02:36 AM

o(@_@)o

QUOTE(ketiak_masyam @ Mar 11 2010, 06:24 PM)
I thought one is 7-seater and 1 is 5-seater?

Or did I get my facts wrong? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
chan_kian
post Feb 11 2011, 05:13 PM

QUOTE(siksa @ Mar 11 2010, 06:40 PM)
wait for exora turbo maybe?
exora have turbo???
+Quote Post
amad108
post Feb 12 2011, 01:49 AM

noooooo....

QUOTE(chan_kian @ Feb 11 2011, 05:13 PM)
exora have turbo???
should be launch this year, but still just rumors.. but compare add turbo why not put bigger engine easier.. but maybe proton hv their own reason la.. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
sfotsy
post Feb 12 2011, 04:01 AM

Getting Started

Well, actually I will choose Kia Rondo or Eastar.

These two model is ok thier seat is allowing us the fold down completely especially the back seat. Very useful while if we want to carry things.

just for my small opinion.

Eastar is using Mitsubishi engine.

Added on February 12, 2011, 4:04 am
QUOTE(sugen @ Mar 11 2010, 04:55 PM)

yes indeed the third row passenger seat is able to fold it down and will becoming totally flat so you can carrying things.

This post has been edited by sfotsy: Feb 12 2011, 04:04 AM
+Quote Post
UbuntuClient
post Feb 12 2011, 08:00 PM

On my way

Maybe can add Peugeot 5008. Test drive before.
+Quote Post
chan_kian
post Feb 12 2011, 11:41 PM

QUOTE(amad108 @ Feb 12 2011, 01:49 AM)
should be launch this year, but still just rumors.. but compare add turbo why not put bigger engine easier.. but maybe proton hv their own reason la..  hmm.gif
ya that's right... rclxms.gif
how about Kia Rondo or Eastar.? also save petrol?
+Quote Post
eric_ocy
post Feb 13 2011, 12:45 AM

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Sep 16 2010, 02:36 AM)
I thought one is 7-seater and 1 is 5-seater?

Or did I get my facts wrong?  hmm.gif
p2 is 5 seater & t is 7 seater... nowdays didn't even saw a new t.rush otr and btw p2 nautica has stop production... 2nd hand nautica is around 65k now....
+Quote Post
CHIP CN
post Apr 19 2011, 04:44 AM

Tuned by CHIP CN

QUOTE(UbuntuClient @ Feb 12 2011, 08:00 PM)
Maybe can add Peugeot 5008. Test drive before.
berapa harga? 2nd ada?
+Quote Post
wtm0325
post Apr 19 2011, 05:59 PM

fapmaster5000

Worthy & Comfort, Exora.

Fun Drive & FC, Alza (after soundproof)
+Quote Post
dadurtyz
post Apr 19 2011, 06:48 PM

On my way

QUOTE(xin @ Mar 11 2010, 03:52 PM)
Rush is a Crossover SUV. Hence the explaination why it is similar to a MPV. And the long wheelbase version made it even more a MPV likable.
agreed biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
heavenly91
post Apr 19 2011, 07:50 PM

Follow One Course Until Successful.

QUOTE(amad108 @ Feb 12 2011, 01:49 AM)
should be launch this year, but still just rumors.. but compare add turbo why not put bigger engine easier.. but maybe proton hv their own reason la..  hmm.gif
The reason why they use turbo because they claim it is better for the environment.
Doesn't mean a car with big CC engine delivers more power.
Take VW Golf GTI for the example. 1.4l with turbo and very powerful.
I guess they want to save the environment with better fuel fc?
+Quote Post
carpathia
post Apr 22 2011, 08:02 PM

Regular

Proton Exora - under powered as i heard from many folks. the engine is really not powerful enough for the weight of the car

Perodua Alza
very zippy but at 50k,.......can be used as a spare car

Nissan Grand Livina
best selling midsize mpv in the market now. price also not cheap and dont forget nissan lousy second hand value

Toyota Avanza
This is a van in disguise and it handles like one also.

Naza Rondo
Naza Citra
this one , jury still out at least for me. drives like a station wagon ( car with a big butt to carry ppl and stuff)

+Quote Post
Boy96
post Apr 23 2011, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Innova?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
carpathia
post Apr 25 2011, 01:35 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Apr 23 2011, 12:14 AM)
Innova?
innova is basically riding on the same platform as the unser , which is again, a van.

+Quote Post
Automotive - YS
post Apr 28 2011, 12:42 AM

No one mention Mazda 5 and Mazda 8? They are like HOT Cakes NOW!!
+Quote Post
allankoh007
post Jul 28 2011, 08:51 AM

Getting Started

Toyota Avanza 1.5G , 2009. I owned this vehicles and driver is my wife, who use to fetch my twins and weekly shopping at hypermarket. Not bad for Rm 55K car, since i traded in my Nissan Sentra 1.8 XG-L, 2007 for this car.

Testimony:
Buying a MPV is subjective to individual criteria. Some prefer to have car alike driving style but i prefer good resell value, durable and good fc.
My FC average at 11.5km/ 1 L ( car is always loaded with a TWINS BABY HEAVY STROLLER )

Maintenance is cheap + engine is timing chain.
Engine Oil Fully Synthetic 5W40 Idemitsu x 10,000km
Auto Oil x 20,000km
Coolant x 40,000km
Axle Oil x 50,000km
Air Filter x 15,000km
tyres size 195/60 R 15

Yes, i do agree is same with VAN platform but anyhow i believe we're not a speedster during driving with family , rite!
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jul 28 2011, 09:32 AM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(heavenly91 @ Apr 19 2011, 07:50 PM)
The reason why they use turbo because they claim it is better for the environment.
Doesn't mean a car with big CC engine delivers more power.
Take VW Golf GTI for the example. 1.4l with turbo and very powerful.
I guess they want to save the environment with better fuel fc?
Many reasons:
1) Proton don't have a bigger cc engine.
2) Going Turbo is a trend now, like Golf GTI
3) Supposely good fc and power.
4) Save road tax ( tongue.gif )

Anyway, i won't choose Livina, too small to be a people mover, it's more like a wagon than an MPV.
+Quote Post
fared isa
post Jul 28 2011, 09:59 AM

Getting Started

go with 1.8 nissan grand livina, worth every penny...exora is underpower...
+Quote Post
zackhan
post Jul 28 2011, 11:15 AM

Getting Started

agree with Fared, especially it is fun to long or short journey drive
+Quote Post
Cls63Amg7
post Jul 31 2011, 12:28 AM

Y is avanza up there instead of innova....I think innova is great and a lot of power but just a bit bumpy smile.gif
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0892sec    2.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:11 PM