Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MUET essay writing

views

TSsteward ling
post Mar 8 2010, 11:38 PM, updated 15y ago

Getting Started
179 posts

Well, the muet exam is around the corner and i knowed that my essay wont is going to be suck because My grammar knowledge =0 tongue.gif

i want to create a essay frame for the muet essay writing ,so we can use that frame and fit points into that frame . By this way , you can avoid unnecessay grammatical error and put your full attention to develop your story line .

But before i do that , i want get some opinions from you all , perhaps some experience? brows.gif

I need your feedback to evaluate the feasibilty of it, thanks in advanced for your feedback

Hikari0307
post Mar 8 2010, 11:47 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

what do you mean story line? ^^" All MUET essays are academic writing ^^
TSsteward ling
post Mar 8 2010, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

know lah , buy want 1 frame that is general and can fitted into any academic topic that come out. Me grammar knowledge is zero lo, so this is the last resort i have . for those who is good in english and despise the acts like this , please forgive me and just ignore it will do me and you good.
mrsmile
post Mar 9 2010, 12:49 AM

On my way
606 posts

Try consulting your MUET teacher.
Plus i think the frame u are referring to is very wide.
Or u can try buying grammar books.
All the best ^^

Holyboy27
post Mar 9 2010, 12:54 AM

Enthusiast
842 posts

LOL. OK. Generally all writings consist of

1. Introduction
-What is the topic?
-What are relevant issues regarding this topic?
-Any example of situation(s) regarding this topic?
-You can exaggerate but do not beyond what is acceptable. Just make something sound a little bit more important/interesting that it really is if you run out of ideas.
- Don't put too much time thinking to make a flowery/attractive intro. From experience, I don't think they care about intro so much as your points. Once, I wrote an entire page of introduction and two short paragraphs of main points which were underdeveloped so I got only 44 out of 90. The second time I took it, I wrote a shorter intro and managed to complete the essay. I got 50 over or 60 over.

2. Main Points (Include at least 3 for MUET)
-This one you have to think for yourself. Just ask yourself how does the topic affect you, if it's related to issues like government, parenting, teachers, education.
- Actually for any issues at all, it's best you relate to it unless you already have the points in your head.
-For all essays it usually involves a few parties i.e -Government/NGO
-Community
-Family
Get your answers there but yes, there are questions where this frame cannot be used.

3 . Conclusion.
-Summarize what you have said. Add in a line or two to reiterate your points.

To study for essay writing in a short time, I suggest you get yourself many exercise books and read the answers. See how the author approaches the topic at hand. Best done before reading answers is to draft a simple outline of the essay.

Actually my grammar knowledge = 0 too. I have no idea what is a noun, adjective bla bla bla.

If you are referring to a frame meaning ;

This is ---- good ---- boy ---- mother --- governmet

You wanna fill up empty spaces, the no, no one can come up with that for MUET.

This post has been edited by Holyboy27: Mar 9 2010, 12:57 AM
mrsmile
post Mar 9 2010, 01:07 AM

On my way
606 posts

Nice Guide rclxms.gif
thunder02
post Mar 9 2010, 09:01 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(Holyboy27 @ Mar 9 2010, 12:54 AM)
LOL. OK. Generally all writings consist of

1. Introduction
  -What is the topic?
  -What are relevant issues regarding this topic?
  -Any example of situation(s) regarding this topic?
  -You can exaggerate but do not beyond what is acceptable. Just make something sound a little bit more important/interesting that it really is if you run out of ideas.
  - Don't put too much time thinking to make a flowery/attractive intro. From experience, I don't think they care about intro so much as your points. Once, I wrote an entire page of introduction and two short paragraphs of main points which were underdeveloped so I got only 44 out of 90. The second time I took it, I wrote a shorter intro and managed to complete the essay. I got 50 over or 60 over.

2. Main Points (Include at least 3 for MUET)
    -This one you have to think for yourself. Just ask yourself how does the topic affect you, if it's related to issues like government, parenting, teachers, education.
    - Actually for any issues at all, it's best you relate to it unless you already have the points in your head.
    -For all essays it usually involves a few parties i.e -Government/NGO
                                                                            -Community
                                                                            -Family
Get your answers there but yes, there are questions where this frame cannot be used.

3 . Conclusion.
    -Summarize what you have said. Add in a line or two to reiterate your points.

To study for essay writing in a short time, I suggest you get yourself many exercise books and read the answers. See how the author approaches the topic at hand. Best done before reading answers is to draft a simple outline of the essay.
Actually my grammar knowledge = 0 too. I have no idea what is a noun, adjective bla bla bla.

If you are referring to a frame meaning ;

This is ---- good ---- boy ---- mother --- governmet

You wanna fill up empty spaces, the no, no one can come up with that for MUET.
wrong spelling...
governmet is wrong..
government is correct...

haha, as a spm student of 2009 (now waiting result), my spelling is better tongue.gif
cheecken0
post Mar 9 2010, 09:11 AM

Casual
423 posts

Assuming he is in a rush, his spelling mistakes are justified.

Anyways TS you can actually read up some topics and make some sentences to relate that to almost any topic that you think may come out.

But then again, SPM student nia. But this is how I did it though for SPM.
Pain4UrsinZ
post Mar 9 2010, 10:05 AM

Regular
1,775 posts

honestly, MUET very difficult -,-
tehtmc
post Mar 9 2010, 06:50 PM

Regular
Validating
1,333 posts

QUOTE(thunder02 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:01 AM)
wrong spelling...
governmet is wrong..
government is correct...

haha, as a spm student of 2009 (now waiting result), my spelling is better tongue.gif
This is called nit-picking.
It is not 'a spm student'. It is 'an spm student' just as you would say 'an honest boy', not 'a honest boy'. tongue.gif
Hunther
post Feb 1 2012, 10:36 AM

Casual
338 posts

Hmmmm...i noe this is long overdue but the frame ur referring to is actually this:
1 paragraph of body - 1. topic sentence
2. Supporting sentence (Major S.s) (Cause)
3. Elaboration of supporting sentence (MinorS.s)effect
4. Example
5. Conclusion
Every essay can be fitted into this frame.
hitsugaya2010
post Feb 1 2012, 11:37 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

i used to use this during my essay writting those days hehe
1 paragraph of intro (3 Ws - What, Why Where)
4 paragraphs of body (Main point + Elaboration + Examples)
1 paragraph to end it (Summary of everything)
i dunno whether this helps or not... haha.. seriously MUET to me its kinda easy except for the essay part.. lolz.. try to score more in the objectives, listening and speaking.. haha.. band 5 is easy to get then..hehe
solstice818
post Feb 1 2012, 03:29 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone
4,396 posts

QUOTE(thunder02 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:01 AM)
wrong spelling...
governmet is wrong..
government is correct...

This is bullshit. Even a 3 years old know that's a typing mistake. I cant believe someone is actually that free to pick a mistake out of nothing while he can spend the time in a more meaningful way by contributing some ideas to TS. doh.gif
dawnbailey1974 P
post Mar 9 2021, 10:39 PM

Probation
1 posts

You can have a look at https://www.the-essays.com/apa-style-essay where there is a guide on essay writing.
I think this article will help you better understand wow to write a good paper or you can ask them for assisnace with your school essay. They help me to hand in assignments without delay so I know what I'm saying
grassshw
post May 9 2021, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

---

This post has been edited by grassshw: May 9 2021, 09:59 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:53 PM