RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Online and recognised MBA?

dennisloh
post Mar 3 2010, 09:08 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hi,

Greetings,

Does anyone know any MBA course which is conducted online mode and recognised by MQA or JPA? It would be better if it is 100% assignment or research based (no exam).

Should you have done such MBA course, please do let me know and also the price as well.

Thanks a lot. wink.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
patryn33
post Mar 4 2010, 09:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

if u are too lazy to click on those links and look for the fees. not too sure if U should go for a MBA program.

MBA is never research base.. want a research do Msc or Phd! usually projects/exam.

Warwick is a online program
http://www.wbs.ac.uk/students/mba/learn/dl.cfm
http://www.wbs.ac.uk/students/mba/fees/index.cfm

Uni of Florida
http://www.floridamba.ufl.edu/FutureStudents/internet.asp

more could be found in this pdf. google is your best friend.
http://www.floridamba.ufl.edu/docs/Economist2008.pdf

+Quote Post
dennisloh
post Mar 4 2010, 12:16 PM

Oh,

Thanks for your information.

I am just helping my colleague to ask, since she needs to take care of her baby and family and need to work during day time, so I am searching for "easy mode" MBA for her. So that, she doesn't need to carry so much burdens, be it stress or suffer financially.

I will inform her about your valuable information.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
noobkia
post Mar 4 2010, 04:09 PM

Casual

does WOU have online MBA?
+Quote Post
patryn33
post Mar 4 2010, 08:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(dennisloh @ Mar 4 2010, 12:16 PM)
I am just helping my colleague to ask, since she needs to take care of her baby and family and need to work during day time, so I am searching for "easy mode" MBA for her. So that, she doesn't need to carry so much burdens, be it stress or suffer financially.
U are seriously misled that research work is less work vs exams/projects.
the fact is research work at postgrad level is alot more work. else why would many opt for coursework programs than research programs.
some postgrad programs do give U take home exam, rest assured U cannot find the ans in the textbook or Online, and u would be burning more time to get the job time.
the easy way is just buy one! good/renown MBA == Expensive!

+Quote Post
dennisloh
post Mar 4 2010, 09:34 PM

Thanks for sharing the information with me. I am not sure how tough is the research-based programme. I still could remember 3 years back, there was a 100% assignment based MBA course which was offered by Segi College. The awarding body was The University of Sunshine Coast (Australia). They advertised in a way that it seemed very attractive and easy to achieve, that is why I thought it is an easy one to complete. However, the programme had been dropped few years back. Perhaps you are right, no one is signning up for the course as research-based programme is tough.

Nevertheless, I found a few online MBA in the newspaper. I would like to share them:
1) http://onlinemba.usm.my/emba
2) http://www.oum.edu.my
3) http://www.wou.edu.my

Well, I am not sure how good there are, but I guess USM's MBA will carry more weight.

This post has been edited by dennisloh: Mar 4 2010, 09:34 PM
+Quote Post
patryn33
post Mar 5 2010, 08:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!

among local program u mean?

U must have seen such info.
http://www.rankings.ft.com/businessschoolr...al-mba-rankings
http://www.economist.com/business-finance/...ation/whichmba/
+Quote Post
dennisloh
post Mar 9 2010, 11:36 PM

Ya. I think my colleague only needs an online and recognised MBA in Malaysia.

I don't think she is searching for reputable MBA, since high ranking also equal to high price.

http://www.aeu.edu.my/ maybe another choice as well.

;-)
+Quote Post
patryn33
post Mar 10 2010, 10:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!

is she doing for knowledge or ROI or paper chase?
+Quote Post
teobeeyap
post Dec 19 2010, 04:45 PM

Group: New Member

The Executive Master degree program from Asia e University is offering in Johor Bahru

Interested, please e-mail to teo@eduedge.com.my

Regards
Teo
+Quote Post
taxman
post Dec 19 2010, 07:08 PM

Casual

teo may i know the fees structure thanks
+Quote Post
winfai
post Dec 19 2010, 08:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(teobeeyap @ Dec 19 2010, 04:45 PM)
The Executive Master degree program from Asia e University is offering in Johor Bahru

Interested, please e-mail to teo@eduedge.com.my

Regards
Teo
Is it open distance learning or what for AEU MBA??? There are less option for open distance learning for MBA in Malaysia. WOU offer at around RM22000 and OUM offer at around RM 24000, slightly more expensive then WOU.... But people outside there saying this two uni offer "lou ya" MBA, no much company will appreciate it as these university set the minimum entry requirement for this course at a "very low" level... How your guys think of it??? any other university that offer open distance learning for MBA in malaysia???
+Quote Post
taxman
post Dec 20 2010, 11:31 AM

Casual

erm if i not mistaken there are no pass year question for wou student to reffred to.and the fee also quite expensive.
+Quote Post
winfai
post Dec 20 2010, 02:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(taxman @ Dec 20 2010, 11:31 AM)
erm if i not mistaken there are no pass year question for wou student to reffred to.and the fee also quite expensive.
oic, i agree you that the fee is not cheap, now it raise to RM 22,000, omg.... not really cheap now and slightly cheaper than OUM...
+Quote Post
xenotzu
post Dec 20 2010, 04:13 PM

Casual

I think the main issue is whether the MBA is for career purposes or for interest bearing in mind the time and costs required to undertake such a course. If its for interest, than any local Malaysian Universities MBA course, whether its fully online or part time basis would suffice. They are also the cheapest. However, if it is for career progression and hopefully towards a better paying job, than you should really think seriously about whether you should do it or not. If you want to do it, prepare to do it full time, part time or online with an overseas university.

To put it bluntly, with very very few exceptions, local Malaysian universities MBAs are not highly regarded (if at all) by most companies. Those who have had experiences of the value of local qualifications in the market place could probably tell you many stories about this. If you really want a good MBA that may translate to a better career or better paying job, than you would have to pay more. The reason, you have to go for an overseas MBA. There are quite a number of colleges such as HELP (Heriot Watt/Edinburgh Business School MBA), Taylors, Sunways, which have overseas MBAs on a full time or part time basis. These MBAs are expensive but they carry more weight with them then local MBAs. And in the local marketplace, such weight carries with it better opportunities.
+Quote Post
taxman
post Dec 20 2010, 05:41 PM

Casual

if need want to be lecturer need what type of mba.
+Quote Post
winfai
post Dec 20 2010, 09:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(xenotzu @ Dec 20 2010, 04:13 PM)
I think the main issue is whether the MBA is for career purposes or for interest bearing in mind the time and costs required to undertake such a course.  If its for interest, than any local Malaysian Universities MBA course, whether its fully online or part time basis would suffice.  They are also the cheapest.  However, if it is for career progression and hopefully towards a better paying job, than you should really think seriously about whether you should do it or not.  If you want to do it, prepare to do it full time, part time or online with an overseas university.

To put it bluntly, with very very few exceptions, local Malaysian universities MBAs are not highly regarded (if at all) by most companies.  Those who have had experiences of the value of local qualifications in the market place could probably tell you many stories about this.  If you really want a good MBA that may translate to a better career or better paying job, than you would have to pay more.  The reason, you have to go for an overseas MBA.  There are quite a number of colleges such as HELP (Heriot Watt/Edinburgh Business School MBA), Taylors, Sunways, which have overseas MBAs on a full time or part time basis.  These MBAs are expensive but they carry more weight with them then local MBAs.  And in the local marketplace, such weight carries with it better opportunities.
I partially agree with what you say. But expensive MBA didn't guarantee you anything if you didn't study hard. i wonder the MBA course offer by the private college can provide equivalent quality MBA course like oversea.... The fee is expensive because thess private institutions are demand high tuition fee..... The reality is the employer only recognize the expensive MBA and local MBA seem "ultamen".... shakehead.gif just my humble view.... however, local open distance learning MBA is good for interest..... dun expect any increment in salary after study local MBA as it is not realistic....

This post has been edited by winfai: Dec 20 2010, 09:15 PM
+Quote Post
entryman
post Dec 20 2010, 10:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(winfai @ Dec 20 2010, 09:14 PM)
I partially agree with what you say. But expensive MBA didn't guarantee you anything if you didn't study hard. i wonder the MBA course offer by the private college can provide equivalent quality MBA course like oversea.... The fee is expensive because thess private institutions are demand high tuition fee..... The reality is the employer only recognize the expensive MBA and local MBA seem "ultamen"....  shakehead.gif  just my humble view.... however, local open distance learning MBA is good for interest..... dun expect any increment in salary after study local MBA as it is not realistic....
With regards to your question "i wonder the MBA course offer by the private college can provide equivalent quality MBA course like oversea.... "

There is always a quality control. Some reputable top universities from UK have got their programmes here. For example Manchester Business School's MBA is tied with Sunway. With the same cert being awarded, I don't think a top 10 UK university that is recognised internationally will compromise on the quality? cool2.gif

If you're talking about some private office suite somewhere, with some tie-up with a university that you can't find in the league tables, then, I guess it's pretty much useless.
+Quote Post
EvolutionZ
post Jul 21 2011, 03:11 PM

Getting Started

[quote=dennisloh,Mar 4 2010, 09:34 PM]
Thanks for sharing the information with me. I am not sure how tough is the research-based programme. I still could remember 3 years back, there was a 100% assignment based MBA course which was offered by Segi College. The awarding body was The University of Sunshine Coast (Australia). They advertised in a way that it seemed very attractive and easy to achieve, that is why I thought it is an easy one to complete. However, the programme had been dropped few years back. Perhaps you are right, no one is signning up for the course as research-based programme is tough.

yeap....heard bout it but the program has been called off...may i know the reason....but heard that university is one of the upcoming with most advance digital info.....smile.gif
if 100% assignment based then no need to study like mad i guess...
+Quote Post
rameem
post Apr 15 2014, 10:27 AM

Getting Started

Bro....
in my opinion go for any part time MBA programs because now a days all the colleges are more focusing to provide part time courses which is more reliable to working adults....

Usually reputable MBA programmes will not give any exemptions no matter what prior experience/education you have. You will also need at least 2 years work experience in Managerial position........

i would recommend you some best colleges in KL, they offering good part time MBA programs

+ SEGI college
+ OLYMPIA college
+ INTI college
+ WESTMINISTER college

This post has been edited by rameem: Apr 16 2014, 02:21 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version