Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
134 Pages « < 128 129 130 131 132 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The University of Nottingham - Malaysia Campus v3,, Best University in Malaysia so Far

views

tanjinjack
post May 31 2011, 07:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,122 posts

V4 home page, third revision

Changelog:
-Added "Entry requirement"
-Updated fee of foundation
-Added sub-section "Accommodation review" (under construction) in "Accommodation"
-Added sub-section "Nice food around Nottingham" in "Extras"
-Added "Academic calender"
-Updated members list

I still need:
-a caption for our subtitle for V4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

DJFoo000
post May 31 2011, 07:06 PM

Really? That's the best reply you can come up with?
2,996 posts

LOL can leave it empty one ma... Or:

"Still the best university in Malaysia. Suck that haters."

haha
tanjinjack
post May 31 2011, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,122 posts

Okay, all these come from Wikipedia, which come from some other sources.

These refer to UK campus, but I think can be used. biggrin.gif
"the nearest Britain has to a truly global university"
"a prime alternative to Oxbridge"
"among the most sought-after in higher education"

Official motto:
Latin: Sapientia urbs conditur
English: A City is Built on Wisdom

How about these?
"10 years in Malaysia"
"as big as 101-acres"
"3,800 students and counting!"
XIII
post May 31 2011, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

"3,800 students and counting!" sounds good.

Also how bout more info on achieving Professional Engineer status in Malaysia when considering the BEng / MEng thing?
Got this from our student handbook.

tanjinjack
post May 31 2011, 11:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,122 posts

Haha, I am more towards the "10 years in Malaysia" at the moment.
Maybe, "10 years in Malaysia, 3,800 students and counting!"

That is nice. Will add it in for the next revision (probably the official one).

QUOTE(XIII @ May 31 2011, 10:49 PM)
"3,800 students and counting!" sounds good.

Also how bout more info on achieving Professional Engineer status in Malaysia when considering the BEng / MEng thing?
Got this from our student handbook.

SGSuser
post May 31 2011, 11:59 PM

In your way
2,423 posts

any1 planning to take the BEng + MSc route? unsure.gif
cybershaun
post Jun 1 2011, 02:30 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Added on June 1, 2011, 3:39 am
QUOTE(SGSuser @ May 15 2011, 12:34 AM)
nop, just have an air cond installed and you have your own bathroom...the room area is the same as those sharing bathroom, but then with sharing bathroom, it actually gives you more space for the room itself since the bathrooms are connected instead of inside of 1 room, hope you get what I mean  smile.gif
Yea, I got ya'. It says on the application form that the ensuite rooms have a floor area of 13.23 sqm. Seems rather small to me.

Do the rooms in Edu Square come with Internet connection? They also appear to have bigger floor areas than the on-campus rooms?

This post has been edited by cybershaun: Jun 1 2011, 03:52 AM
alexander.ch_1992
post Jun 1 2011, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(tanjinjack @ May 31 2011, 07:03 PM)
V4 home page, third revision

Changelog:
-Added "Entry requirement"
-Updated fee of foundation
-Added sub-section "Accommodation review" (under construction) in "Accommodation"
-Added sub-section "Nice food around Nottingham" in "Extras"
-Added "Academic calender"
-Updated members list

I still need:
-a caption for our subtitle for V4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the 10 years in Malaysia, maybe add in "and still counting". Unofficial ones would be, WE STILL KICKS MONASH'S ASS. Pure kidding.

And I suggest drop the 3800 students thing leh, like bit weird, keep that statistics for Admission Office LOL.

Maybe we add in Uncyclo's version of Nottingham? Just for the fun of it.

[edit] Link up the Academic Calender, it's available here Academic Calendar

This post has been edited by alexander.ch_1992: Jun 1 2011, 10:12 AM
Cottoncandyclouds
post Jun 1 2011, 08:03 PM

Casual
374 posts

Sorry, just came back from perhentian a couple of days ago. I'll give you what I've written so far....so everything is still TBC.
*Writes behind facade of anonymity*

Accommodation Review

Price

In short, don't expect the prices any rooms here to be anywhere near financially kind. Renting a room, whether on campus or anywhere within the vicinity of the campus is AS costly as those you can scour in KL and Peejay, and be adequately warned that the level of comfort you expect to derive from these rooms may not correspond to the amount of rental you fork out. rclxms.gif vmad.gif

The general rule of thumb is the farther away, the cheaper, so those who have their personal modes of transportation may wanna check out potential rooms or houses not too near to the university.

But since I am staying on campus, I can't really speak for those who live outside since I lack credibility.

Prices range from 350 to 600 plus on campus, in which your choice of whether to you'd like to have an en suite bathroom/A/C (or both) in your room or not will be duly incorporated into your rental. However, if you opt for an A/C, bear in mind that they charge you separately the electricity costs you incur during its usage. A single shared bathroom unit off campus (but under that of the PK and PC, which also brings us to the fact that accommodation here is privatized) is about RM 30 more a ripoff than its similar counterpart on campus.

One way of looking at this is that all the cruel holes the rental burns in your fee raped pocket, convenience and safety compensates on campus residents somewhat, and the importance of this privilege is arguably only felt when students are forced to move out a year later. So its not that bad, really! Expensive rental notwithstanding, living within walking proximity of certain facilities (depending on where your priorities lie, ie, the library and the 24 hour study rooms for me) may be a major strategic interest to nightowls and late risers who are never bright and early for the daily races.

So basically, while the price may appear unreasonable to some, the location does levy its share of benefits.

And oh yeah, they are quite particular with punctuality; they expect you to indemnify administrative delays so make sure you surrender your cash on time! Hahahaha! laugh.gif

And oh yeah, the accommodation offices expect you, with reasonable integrity ( icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif ), to declare all personal electrical appliances such as electric kettles, mini bars, portable stand fans, rice cookers, toasters and whatnot so that they can charge you accordingly! And these rates are really not light.
They can only charge you if you declare lol. To stop them from milking your money, you have the option not to declare, which is a crime that many of us here knowingly commit. (In Pangkor and Kapas halls la)

Next is Environment...(underway)

This post has been edited by Cottoncandyclouds: Jun 1 2011, 09:02 PM
DJFoo000
post Jun 1 2011, 09:08 PM

Really? That's the best reply you can come up with?
2,996 posts

Kapas and Pangkor charges a 5% per day if you pay rental late. Damn sui...

I declared my item for 4 months only I think. Been using the fan since I moved in but only declared in February, paid for Feb Mar Apr and May. Hehe...
Cottoncandyclouds
post Jun 1 2011, 09:13 PM

Casual
374 posts

I got....toaster in my room biggrin.gif

My dorm mates, chinese exchange students, had all sorts of stuff...like kettles, cookers, aquariums (???)

There is this indescribable sense of gratification from the fact that I've managed to smuggle my favourite toaster in....and totally not get ripped off.
mehehehehhehehehe tongue.gif tongue.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by Cottoncandyclouds: Jun 1 2011, 09:15 PM
SGSuser
post Jun 2 2011, 01:31 AM

In your way
2,423 posts

using an extra fan..never declare to pioneer

used a kettle last year at kapas...never declare to perintis too...heck even the air cond meter is rosak i also din tell them coz i enjoy free air cond whistling.gif
Cottoncandyclouds
post Jun 2 2011, 06:48 PM

Casual
374 posts

Buahahahahahaha my senior dorm mates gave me all their text books for free! Buahahahahaha my bf didn't manage to get through the interviewers he met for the Star Edu Fund, but lets just hope he gets through Gamuda's hurdle!

Will be posting up the other part soon...Just got back home..... I've got measly rashes from staying at the dorm room....

crane
post Jun 2 2011, 10:22 PM

24 posts

Can anyone clarify,
What is a Charter Engineer?
What are the steps to qualify as a Charted Engineer?
alexander.ch_1992
post Jun 2 2011, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Guys sorry for the spam again but really, I'm looking out for a room for two right now and if there's anyone of you here who know any friends/landlords who are having a room for rent please spread my details around. Still got three months left ny. :/

Thanks again. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Adnan1991
post Jun 3 2011, 12:47 AM

2 posts

Hey all! Ill be applying for accommodations soon, but I was a bit confused about the rooms. Can anyone please tell me the difference between Single Ensuit Bathroom and Single Shared Ensuite Bathroom?

SGSuser
post Jun 3 2011, 01:13 AM

In your way
2,423 posts

QUOTE(Adnan1991 @ Jun 3 2011, 12:47 AM)
Hey all! Ill be applying for accommodations soon, but I was a bit confused about the rooms. Can anyone please tell me the difference between Single Ensuit Bathroom and Single Shared Ensuite Bathroom?
one is having the bathroom all to yourself...the other is having a bathroom shared between two rooms...it is in the middle of both rooms, something like "connecting" the two rooms
Adnan1991
post Jun 3 2011, 01:17 AM

2 posts

is the single ensuite a room all to yourself or is it shared between two or three people?
And anyone here in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering department?
SGSuser
post Jun 3 2011, 09:14 AM

In your way
2,423 posts

of course it's all to yourself
XxAC3xX
post Jun 3 2011, 09:58 PM

Casual
380 posts

hello guys, i have a few questions hope u guys cn answer.

Does the tuition fee of rm36500 for engineering inclusive of all the fees eg miscellaneous fee, books, registration fee etc? i hope theres no hidden charges here n thr lol

everything including accomodation seems to be so expensive, i wonder do u guys feel the money spent worth it?

This post has been edited by XxAC3xX: Jun 3 2011, 10:00 PM

134 Pages « < 128 129 130 131 132 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0495sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:08 PM