Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business ACCA V6, Global Body for Professional Accountants

views

crazylkm
post Oct 14 2010, 10:14 PM

35 posts

Hi guys...i have some question.
First of all,i have some confuse with the conversion between CAT to FIA.In fact, i intend to study CAT next year, which is January 2011. However, i would like to ask ,is the CAT course will be obseleted?and Fia will replace the current CAT course? Somemore, if i choose to study CAT course rather than Fia,could i still get any exepmtion for the ACCA F1-F3 papers?

Please reply me as soon as possible because i need this crucial information to make decision.Thanks.

crazylkm
post Oct 16 2010, 05:18 PM

35 posts

someone please reply my post on page 59 please cry.gif cry.gif
crazylkm
post Oct 17 2010, 04:47 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(YH90 @ Oct 17 2010, 01:54 AM)
The FIA he is referring to is the Foundation in Accounting which is replacing CAT later next June I believe. Its only 1/2 year taking 3 papers compared to CAT's 1 year taking 9 papers. However, I don't really know about the exact details of the programme route to ACCA fundamentals.
certainly,i meant that.
Can anyone explain about FIA?so confuse.....
Actually,i plan to start CAT next year january,but if i alrady started on january then suddenly change to FIA on june i think that is a bit weird == somemore FIA will only have exam on december 2011
crazylkm
post Nov 4 2010, 04:50 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(karhoe @ Nov 3 2010, 11:43 PM)
I know a friend who been there, done it, and almost walked away with a Malaysian Prize for paper P2, but it has been hell for him throughout the semester, spending late nights in library, sacrificing December holidays, sacrificing Chinese New Year holidays.
So for you, will you take P1,2 and 3 in one semester?

Haha....i remember a Xbox commercial, it say : Life is short, play more drool.gif but your friend is "Durable" !!! Cheers....

Added on November 4, 2010, 4:52 pmIs CAT still exist next year January? last time my friend use my account to ask but no ppl answer. He tend to start CAT next january, but he heard that it is going to replace by FIA....so if anyone know please reply me thanks.

This post has been edited by crazylkm: Nov 4 2010, 04:52 PM
crazylkm
post Nov 5 2010, 01:09 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(karhoe @ Nov 4 2010, 10:10 PM)
Actually P1 P2 P3 and OBU is doable la. In Sunway, I studied my P1 purely from Mr Goh textbook, just 200 pages, read it from page 1 to page 200, 10 times - passed.
P2 was a nightmare, study from Page 1 - last page of the notes like 5 times, spent 1 week just to revise IAS 32, 39, IFRS7.
P3 was easy to study, just study from my lecturer's notes and attended Michael Mainwaring class.

As for OBU, don't think that it will eat up all your time, you may just need to spend few hours on it each week
So you actually own an OBU degree already?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0629sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 PM