130 Pages « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business ACCA V6, Global Body for Professional Accountants

views

wwen81
post Sep 28 2010, 07:52 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(teddy315 @ Sep 17 2010, 07:37 PM)
Hi all.. not sure whether i am at the right place here..
anyone wanna buy the F7 bpp revision kits? its totally new.. i have 2 on my hands now.
Got extra bcos need to resit the paper.. *shy*
how much is it?
published year?
student2
post Sep 30 2010, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

May I ask if anyone here has exam questions and answers for *F7 in year 2001?

Thank you.

*F7 was known as Paper 2.5 Financial Reporting then
wanna graduate
post Oct 1 2010, 10:56 AM

2 posts

anybody knows when is the last date to submit exam entry to acca malaysia?
notmycupoftea
post Oct 1 2010, 11:19 AM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(wanna graduate @ Oct 1 2010, 10:56 AM)
anybody knows when is the last date to submit exam entry to acca malaysia?
15 Oct for December sitting.
15 April for June sitting.
ThanatosSwiftfire
post Oct 1 2010, 11:59 AM

Irregular
2,787 posts

QUOTE(francisbacon7 @ Sep 21 2010, 08:58 AM)
hi,anyone pass ur P4?mind to share what is the way to study this subject? I have failed the paper for 2times sad.gif
For P4, it's important to have a big picture view of the entire subject, and your general knowledge need to be strong.

Finance is extremely logic-driven, so you should have a good idea of how the flow of things, and the concepts behind everything. Ultimately everything must be connected to some other thing, and ultimately it should lead to some form of assistance in making a decision. So with that in mind, every calculation should help in making a decision. (aka by arriving at a valuation, or a comparison against an alternative)

And get your basics and theoretical understanding strong (i definitely suggest just revisiting F5, F9 and CAT just for the theoretical idea and get the mindset right).. This isn't accounts or some other where every financial statement line items are governed by one or two standards only.

Just like how accounts are ultimately debit and credits, for finance, the underlying concept is OPPORTUNITY COST and RISK. Everything else is just a buildup from opportunity cost concept and risk-return tradeoff.

Now, so once you have the mindset, next is to build in the key steps and concepts.

So first of all, try to understand all the concepts and you should aim to identify all the factors. Finance is designed to be practical, so you should be too, so let's say the P4 question is about methods of financing on acquisition, and whether you should proceed with the acquisition (aka a combined question involving valuation of a foreign entity, and probably a 2nd half on financing), you should aim to be able to segregate what's relevant to the valuation, what's relevant on the financing, and what's important to both.

So you should aim to know WHY things are the way they are. Ultimately if you don't understand the logic behind it, P4 will just be another paper that you'll forget some time later.

As for how you study, erm.. for me.. i had a knack for understanding the logic and rationale, so I didn't study too much, but i generally tutor ppl by asking them to do a question, and revisit them, and make them explain why they did what they did, and highlight out flaws in their thought process.
shiloong7081
post Oct 1 2010, 07:43 PM

Enthusiast
928 posts

does working while taking the optional P papers help ? with the relevant working experience and what not, does it make it easier to understand ?
Irresistible
post Oct 1 2010, 08:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

Hi, do u guys have telephone no. of PTPL college near there, got Photocopy shop that Sell ACCA book (photocopy set) ?

nothingz
post Oct 1 2010, 10:15 PM

6 Stars General
2,757 posts

QUOTE(student2 @ Sep 30 2010, 10:59 PM)
May I ask if anyone here has exam questions and answers for *F7 in year 2001?

Thank you.

*F7 was known as Paper 2.5 Financial Reporting then
Why do you need it? I think those questions in there are much different with the current syllabus. presentation of answers would be different too
Topace111
post Oct 1 2010, 11:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(ThanatosSwiftfire @ Oct 1 2010, 11:59 AM)
For P4, it's important to have a big picture view of the entire subject, and your general knowledge need to be strong.

Finance is extremely logic-driven, so you should have a good idea of how the flow of things, and the concepts behind everything. Ultimately everything must be connected to some other thing, and ultimately it should lead to some form of assistance in making a decision. So with that in mind, every calculation should help in making a decision. (aka by arriving at a valuation, or a comparison against an alternative)

And get your basics and theoretical understanding strong (i definitely suggest just revisiting F5, F9 and CAT just for the theoretical idea and get the mindset right).. This isn't accounts or some other where every financial statement line items are governed by one or two standards only.

Just like how accounts are ultimately debit and credits, for finance, the underlying concept is OPPORTUNITY COST and RISK. Everything else is just a buildup from opportunity cost concept and risk-return tradeoff.

Now, so once you have the mindset, next is to build in the key steps and concepts.

So first of all, try to understand all the concepts and you should aim to identify all the factors. Finance is designed to be practical, so you should be too, so let's say the P4 question is about methods of financing on acquisition, and whether you should proceed with the acquisition (aka a combined question involving valuation of a foreign entity, and probably a 2nd half on financing), you should aim to be able to segregate what's relevant to the valuation, what's relevant on the financing, and what's important to both.

So you should aim to know WHY things are the way they are. Ultimately if you don't understand the logic behind it, P4 will just be another paper that you'll forget some time later.

As for how you study, erm.. for me.. i had a knack for understanding the logic and rationale, so I didn't study too much, but i generally tutor ppl by asking them to do a question, and revisit them, and make them explain why they did what they did, and highlight out flaws in their thought process.
Answer from a prize winner lo biggrin.gif
Too bad I cannot even apply any of my p4 knowledge even if I wanted to tongue.gif

Added on October 1, 2010, 11:50 pm
QUOTE(shiloong7081 @ Oct 1 2010, 07:43 PM)
does working while taking the optional P papers help ? with the relevant working experience and what not, does it make it easier to understand ?
P7 might be (from auditors pov)
P6 also (from tax people)
P5 quite rare but possible (costing people from factory)
P4 might be super rare cos they will do CFA instead

This post has been edited by Topace111: Oct 1 2010, 11:50 PM
r i k h a i
post Oct 2 2010, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

Anyone did their ACCA overseas? I am planning to study my ACCA in Singapore upon completing my CAT at Sunway. Thanks.
elviratkh
post Oct 2 2010, 05:09 PM

44 posts

did anyone kena 'Authorisation Fail' when trying to make payment for the exam fee? i tried with 4 different comps and still cant make payment...

i also called up the bank to check if is something with the credit card but the bank say everything is alright...

i wrote an email to acca and the auto response says it will reply in 3 working day but now is way past 3 working days already... somebody help?!
icycokes
post Oct 2 2010, 06:57 PM

Unlicensed Surgeon
851 posts

QUOTE(r i k h a i @ Oct 2 2010, 12:03 AM)
Anyone did their ACCA overseas? I am planning to study my ACCA in Singapore upon completing my CAT at Sunway. Thanks.
why want come spore? there is no difference between doing ACCA in spore or msia. you will need a student pass to study here. unless you wanna come back and forth from jb everyday.
aaron1kee
post Oct 2 2010, 07:02 PM

Rock n' Roll
3,997 posts

QUOTE(elviratkh @ Oct 2 2010, 05:09 PM)
did anyone kena 'Authorisation Fail' when trying to make payment for the exam fee? i tried with 4 different comps and still cant make payment...

i also called up the bank to check if is something with the credit card but the bank say everything is alright...

i wrote an email to acca and the auto response says it will reply in 3 working day but now is way past 3 working days already... somebody help?!
I have had this problem as well using Hong Leong Visa, changed into Citibank Mastercard then everything proceeded smoothly.
YH90
post Oct 2 2010, 07:03 PM

On my way
606 posts

I had that very same problem for a week. I sent an email to ACCA to enquire on this but nothing yet.

Yesterday I simply tried my luck and it just went thru.

As an alternative, maybe you can buy a bankdraft to be on the safe side?
starz92
post Oct 2 2010, 07:47 PM

Regular
1,679 posts

what bank you using.i tried using hong leong debit card but can't make it through. So far i knew Citibank and Standard Chartered bank can.
*i heard some saying that local bank cannot use.
r i k h a i
post Oct 2 2010, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(icycokes @ Oct 2 2010, 06:57 PM)
why want come spore? there is no difference between doing ACCA in spore or msia. you will need a student pass to study here. unless you wanna come back and forth from jb everyday.
So that I have a better chance to start working there?
Xeniouz
post Oct 2 2010, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

WTS ACCA Study Texts

F7(INT)/ F8(INT)/ F9/ P1

CLICK HERE
icycokes
post Oct 2 2010, 08:54 PM

Unlicensed Surgeon
851 posts

QUOTE(r i k h a i @ Oct 2 2010, 08:03 PM)
So that I have a better chance to start working there?
ACCA is the same everywhere. its recognition is the same too. you can always complete your ACCA and work here. however, ICPAS (spore national accounting body) requires you to take F4 and F6 (law and tax) in spore variant. if you want to take spore variant, its kinda troublesome as you need to register with ICPAS and pay fees to them (just like what you did to ACCA).

others you can take either msian or int stream.

even if you take msian law and tax papers, you can also gain CPA singapore by sufficient working experience. so i dont see a need for msian to study in spore.
adrianzz
post Oct 2 2010, 08:57 PM

~bored~
1,324 posts

hey,guys..I would like to ask something about CAT..Let's say if i got a C+ in my prinsip akaun,could i still get exemption from T1?or must it be getting an A+,A- or A only could get exemption from T1??Thanks in advanced..
aaron1kee
post Oct 2 2010, 09:00 PM

Rock n' Roll
3,997 posts

QUOTE(adrianzz @ Oct 2 2010, 08:57 PM)
hey,guys..I would like to ask something about CAT..Let's say if i got a C+ in my prinsip akaun,could i still get exemption from T1?or must it be getting an A+,A- or A only could get exemption from T1??Thanks in advanced..
Nope. There wouldn't be any exemption.

Added on October 2, 2010, 9:00 pm
QUOTE(starz92 @ Oct 2 2010, 07:47 PM)
what bank you using.i tried using hong leong debit card but can't make it through. So far i knew Citibank and Standard Chartered bank can.
*i heard some saying that local bank cannot use.
I'm suspecting that too but I used local bank for previous rounds as well, no problem.

This post has been edited by aaron1kee: Oct 2 2010, 09:00 PM

130 Pages « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0468sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:11 PM