Learning French language, Someone who learn french give me opinion

views

feynman
post Oct 25 2016, 04:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(calvintiffy @ Oct 25 2016, 12:31 AM)
I beg to differ. While what you said is almost true, that doesn't mean you should stop learning. If that is the case, no other languages shall be practiced since nobody speaks and understand you. Language is a form of knowledge. Just because others do not acquired the same level of knowledge as yours, it can't be said that you should refrained from gaining knowledge. After all, it is pretty impressive if you're able to speak different dialects. Just my 2 cents, no offense  laugh.gif
Talk is cheap

It's a privilege to pay for language lessons and not get anything out of it. Just as it is when someone learn some exotic subject in university for the sake of knowledge but have no returns on it.

Poor people need to spend that money on food and basic necessities...........not on rarely spoken languages.

You're still a kid. You don't understand this.

This post has been edited by feynman: Oct 25 2016, 04:07 AM
Danielinkl
post Oct 26 2017, 07:31 PM

1 posts

Learn French in KL, Kuala Lumpur! Bonjour, anyone interested in learning French or Spanish in Mont kiara , sri hartamas?. At Myteacher Languages, we offer private and group classes all levels for adults, teenagers and kids. visit http://www.myteacherlanguages.com/ to know more about the fees. Watch our new video and start to learn a new language with us for free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWPVBeIdCE A bientot. Daniel.

This post has been edited by Danielinkl: Oct 26 2017, 07:32 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
syirbiznatch
post Oct 29 2017, 11:38 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ Oct 25 2016, 04:06 AM)
Talk is cheap

It's a privilege to pay for language lessons and not get anything out of it. Just as it is when someone learn some exotic subject in university for the sake of knowledge but have no returns on it.

Poor people need to spend that money on food and basic necessities...........not on rarely spoken languages.

You're still a kid. You don't understand this.
Well some people really okay with just knowing language without really have passion to use it properly
feynman
post Oct 30 2017, 07:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(syirbiznatch @ Oct 29 2017, 11:38 PM)
Well some people really okay with just knowing language without really have passion to use it properly
It's not about ok or not ok , it's a matter of money.

Only rich people have that luxury to "learn" a language for interest. Poor people have immediate needs to attend to.
syirbiznatch
post Oct 30 2017, 02:27 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ Oct 30 2017, 07:55 AM)
It's not about ok or not ok , it's a matter of money.

Only rich people have that luxury to "learn" a language for interest. Poor people have immediate needs to attend to.
Not really bro. That's why those Bangla willing to work far away from home and learn Malay.

During University time, student were asked which language they want to take and some people choose over French, over Mandarin, over other language...

Like myself, I learn drumming eventhou its expensive and I had to work extra time to pay that fee. It's call passion
internaldisputes
post Oct 30 2017, 02:44 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(syirbiznatch @ Oct 30 2017, 02:27 PM)
Not really bro. That's why those Bangla willing to work far away from home and learn Malay.

During University time, student were asked which language they want to take and some people choose over French, over Mandarin, over other language...

Like myself, I learn drumming eventhou its expensive and I had to work extra time to pay that fee. It's call passion
i totally agree. currently i'm learning mandarin on my own through language apps, dictionaries, listening to music and talking to my one mandarin-speaking friend everyday. it's been almost a month and i think i'm doing pretty good. the journey is still far tho.

since i'm working at a call center at the moment, i should be able to claim a language allowance if i've mastered chinese but i try to take my time and enjoy the learning process instead of letting myself stress out over ROI of all my effort.
syirbiznatch
post Oct 30 2017, 02:47 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Oct 30 2017, 02:44 PM)
i totally agree. currently i'm learning mandarin on my own through language apps, dictionaries, listening to music and talking to my one mandarin-speaking friend  everyday. it's been almost a month and i think i'm doing pretty good. the journey is still far tho.

since i'm working at a call center at the moment, i should be able to claim a language allowance if i've mastered chinese but i try to take my time and enjoy the learning process instead of letting myself stress out over ROI of all my effort.
That's another good reason to learn languages - sometime you got paid thumbup.gif
refnulf
post Nov 2 2017, 09:21 PM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

Learn whatever language you want if you can afford to pay for the classes. Don't let any dumbass tell you otherwise. It doesn't matter if you're planning to stay there, or work there, or just stay here and speak it with your tutor online or at the place you're learning it at.

Do whatever you want. It's your life son. Learn what you want and as much as you can.
ohhhbhie P
post Aug 20 2019, 09:35 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(intoxicated8 @ Feb 22 2010, 09:07 PM)
Hey guys,,i am planning to learn French language...I saw this language course in YMCA Kuala Lumpur..Has anyone had any experience with there? Coz i wanna know whether it is good or not...
Or anyone has any other opinion on where to learn french? I mean not too expensive....
Thanks yea ...
Another option to learn French language in Kuala Lumpur is through hiring a French tutor.

My friend in Kuala Lumpur tried this marketplace called TUTOROO where you can hire and choose your language tutor.
She was very happy to meet one of their tutors and she said she didn't have a hard time to learn.

TUTOROO works with a lot of native language tutors in different countries and cities not only in Kuala Lumpur.

Check out their site to learn more about their platform.

TUTOROO -- Find A Native Language Tutor Near You
j4mies0j0 P
post Nov 11 2019, 10:12 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(intoxicated8 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:07 PM)
Hey guys,,i am planning to learn French language...I saw this language course in YMCA Kuala Lumpur..Has anyone had any experience with there? Coz i wanna know whether it is good or not...
Or anyone has any other opinion on where to learn french? I mean not too expensive....
Thanks yea ...
I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but Rocket French is the standout winner in my opinion. It combines both audio lessons with interactive computer games. Strangely enough, it is also the cheapest option. Fortunately, this is one case where "you get what you pay for" simply doesn't hold true.

The audio lessons really focus on building your ability to actually speak the language and they do it in a way that's both interesting and efficient. There's no learning useless, boring phrases here.

The computer games also make it a fun and easy way to build vocabulary, learn your verbs and improve your verbal recognition skills.

Of course, for those of you who just love grammar, there is plenty of information regarding some of the more technical aspects of French.

I really can't recommend Rocket French any stronger, if you want to take your French to the next level, then go check out the site today. It only took me about 3 months to learn French well enough to be able to conversate on a daily basis in France.

I just did a quick google search and here is a great review of it: Rocket French Review

I am not affiliated with this site in any way.

Good luck!

James

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:04 PM