Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Newbie Guide for Business Starters., What Must I Do if... ...

views

foxboro
post Dec 13 2013, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(WintersuN @ Dec 13 2013, 09:49 AM)
Hi edyek are you in the FnB line? Do you know how much is the average costs for utility bills like water and electricity for a kiosk in supermarket? Although my calculations for costing every month seems ok but utility is one that I cannot figure out and could kill the business.

Anyone with experience can share? My calculations for monthly costs include rental, staff, raw ingredients and utility. I think there no more other costs.
Hi

If you using any type of heaters, your electricity bill will be quite higher. From my experience, you can allocate RM4k/month on your business plan for your utilities.

Normally :-

1- Food cost
2- Utilities
3- franchise royalty/marketing fee - For franchise
4- staffs/epf/sosco

Thanks
victorwan
post Dec 13 2013, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

Hi all,

I am planning to open a retail sports shop selling sports equipment and accessories at a shopping mall.

Do I have to register a Sdn Bhd. company or just a sole-propriety business name will do?

I understand also need to get a trade license. Can I use the same registered business name or can use another name to indicate the shop name?

For a sports shop like this about 1000 square feet, anyone know how much electric or other utilities need to prepare for it???

Thanks in advance.

SUSWintersuN
post Dec 13 2013, 12:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,173 posts

QUOTE(foxboro @ Dec 13 2013, 10:04 AM)
Hi

If you using any type of heaters, your electricity bill will be quite higher. From my experience, you can allocate RM4k/month on your business plan for your utilities.

Normally :-

1- Food cost
2- Utilities
3- franchise royalty/marketing fee - For franchise
4- staffs/epf/sosco

Thanks
Heater as in microwave? That is quite high 4k/month for electricity. Its not on 24hrs though. For my business is just to heat up stuff for a few mins. Does you estimation include fridge as well? As fridge will on 24 hrs i think that will cost a lot of electric bill?
foxboro
post Dec 13 2013, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(WintersuN @ Dec 13 2013, 12:14 PM)
Heater as in microwave? That is quite high 4k/month for electricity. Its not on 24hrs though. For my business is just to heat up stuff for a few mins. Does you estimation include fridge as well? As fridge will on 24 hrs i think that will cost a lot of electric bill?
If your kiosk using any kind of heating elements, your electricity will be higher. Nobody can estimate that until you receive your 1st bill , what you can do allocate extra budget on that. Let's say on the 1st month your bill is RM500 however you already allocate RM1000 budget on that the extra budget you can carry forward on the next month. Dont worry much bout it, spend more time on how to increase your sale.

Thanks

This post has been edited by foxboro: Dec 13 2013, 12:38 PM
jonidona
post Jul 22 2014, 08:38 PM

12 posts

Hi ALL,

If you're looking to incorporate your company, apply for business licenses, Virtual Office or Serviced Office Suites, we have it all for you.

We can even assist you in the application for business licenses, we have all the requirements ready for you on this.

You can go to www.voffice.com.my or email me.

Let me know your business concerns and I'll provide you the solutions.

Waiting for you smile.gif

avinlim
post Jul 23 2014, 02:52 PM

Captain Malaysia
2,954 posts

what about an online store which does not have physical shop?

How can I register a company name?
bendover
post Oct 28 2014, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

<Thanks, item moved to another thread about income tax>

This post has been edited by bendover: Oct 30 2014, 07:50 PM
latias93
post Oct 29 2014, 01:19 AM

Peminat Setia Exists
1,270 posts

QUOTE(avinlim @ Jul 23 2014, 01:52 AM)
what about an online store which does not have physical shop?

How can I register a company name?
I have the same question as well. Anyone here have the appropriate answer?
bendover
post Oct 29 2014, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(latias93 @ Oct 29 2014, 01:19 AM)
I have the same question as well. Anyone here have the appropriate answer?
My friends i know who have been doing this started by register as enterprise/sole proprietor business. Many of them used their apartment/home address as "company address" as a start. Some use their friend's office address bcos they tumpang. Pls be aware online business is not new and when u grow bigger into a shoplot or your own office space then u can always upgrade and convert to Sdn Bhd either on your own or use agents
latias93
post Oct 29 2014, 11:14 PM

Peminat Setia Exists
1,270 posts

QUOTE(bendover @ Oct 29 2014, 09:54 AM)
My friends i know who have been doing this started by register as enterprise/sole proprietor business. Many of them used their apartment/home address as "company address" as a start. Some use their friend's office address bcos they tumpang. Pls be aware online business is not new and when u grow bigger into a shoplot or your own office space then u can always upgrade and convert to Sdn Bhd either on your own or use agents
Thanks for your answer! Although your friends companies are registered, are they operating "off the books"? How are they being taxed?
bendover
post Oct 30 2014, 08:57 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(latias93 @ Oct 29 2014, 11:14 PM)
Thanks for your answer! Although your friends companies are registered, are they operating "off the books"? How are they being taxed?
I've never asked them that coz i feel its kinda personal. I myself not very fluent in IRB stuff sweat.gif Mebe some sifu out there can help our query haha
stephanh2o
post Jan 14 2015, 03:05 PM

14 posts

Hi all i js register companies(non sdn bhd) with my partner(we both 1st time doing this), we agree to fork out 50:50 of our money, i want to ask did we need to get a black and white to make sure that we all get 50% share in this company.. or hv other alternative... we are doing machinery(CNC) any sifu hire are in this kind of business need some knowledge. can pm me thx for d advice.
sptham30
post Feb 6 2015, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Hi guys. very informative. thanks for all the infomation. some questions though.
my partner and I wanted to start an enterprise and home based online selling stuff. so just need to register with SSM and trading license is optional. btw, we are in sabah.
veron208
post Feb 11 2015, 09:41 AM

On my way
656 posts

Appreciate that all sifus can shed some lights.

I have plan to register as sole proprietor but do I need to register with the council in Penang since I will only be operating from home?
The nature of business are to provide consultation and business proposal writing.

I will be getting expertise or external consultants on certain projects that required me to pay them.
1. Can I use payment voucher as record of payment ?
2. What need to be recorded in the payment voucher ? Name, IC No. and contact no ?

Thank you for your time.

This post has been edited by veron208: Feb 11 2015, 09:42 AM
silveraple
post Mar 28 2015, 10:29 PM

3 posts

Hi, I'm running an online business for temporary due to my university semester. Means are running online business for now only, it's need to register a business license, business name and business bank account(company) as well?

so confusing
miztam
post Jul 21 2015, 03:19 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(sptham30 @ Feb 6 2015, 08:05 PM)
Hi guys. very informative. thanks for all the infomation. some questions though.
my partner and I wanted to start an enterprise and home based online selling stuff. so just need to register with SSM and trading license is optional. btw, we are in sabah.
Hi sptham,

I wish to operate an online business, am located in Sabah. But understands that sole proprietor/Enterprise (non SB) no need to register with SSM based on the comments above. Also heard that I need to have an office (where I do not have) to apply for trading licence. Kindly advise and would appreciate if anyone advise me .
sptham30
post Jul 22 2015, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(miztam @ Jul 21 2015, 03:19 PM)
Hi sptham,

I wish to operate an online business, am located in Sabah. But understands that sole proprietor/Enterprise (non SB) no need to register with SSM based on the comments above. Also heard that I need to have an office (where I do not have) to apply for trading licence. Kindly advise and would appreciate if anyone advise me .
Yo,

I'll reply u based on my experience. Have been ups and downs getting things settle since it was my first time but learnt a lot from it.

Here's my advice,
If your business does not need a company stamp with registered number. Then dont register. stay under the radar until it is prospering.
As for me, i needed the company stamp hence am forced to register.

So, first thing first. SSM SP/Partnership has jurisdiction in west malaysia only. while in east malaysia. Every sole proprietor/partner/enterprise is controlled by local council - DBKK, MPT, MPI etc. and all of them will list down an office/shoplot as a MUST. There are a few ways in getting this,
1. get a runner
2. rent address from a known contact
3. rent a virtual office (there's one in suria sabah)
4. rent a real office space (high cost though)

as for Sdn Bhd, SSM has jurisdictions over the whole malaysia. which means u must register with them if you are to operated a Sdn Bhd.

For me, i registered SSM as partnership and borrowed a friend's address. setup a bank there as well. Becareful where you put your address, coz the banks will force you to go to the nearest branch to you address to setup. and that has to be easy access for you. (i learned this the hard way) This means that you cannot register for ssm with KL address and setup a bank in sabah/sarawak. even mont kiara cannot setup banks in sunway.

Hope that helps
miztam
post Jul 31 2015, 02:18 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(sptham30 @ Jul 22 2015, 03:07 PM)
Yo,

I'll reply u based on my experience. Have been ups and downs getting things settle since it was my first time but learnt a lot from it.

Here's my advice,
If your business does not need a company stamp with registered number. Then dont register. stay under the radar until it is prospering.
As for me, i needed the company stamp hence am forced to register.

So, first thing first. SSM SP/Partnership has jurisdiction in west malaysia only. while in east malaysia. Every sole proprietor/partner/enterprise is controlled by local council - DBKK, MPT, MPI etc. and all of them will list down an office/shoplot as a MUST. There are a few ways in getting this,
1. get a runner
2. rent address from a known contact
3. rent a virtual office (there's one in suria sabah)
4. rent a real office space (high cost though)

as for Sdn Bhd, SSM has jurisdictions over the whole malaysia. which means u must register with them if you are to operated a Sdn Bhd.

For me, i registered SSM as partnership and borrowed a friend's address. setup a bank there as well. Becareful where you put your address, coz the banks will force you to go to the nearest branch to you address to setup. and that has to be easy access for you. (i learned this the hard way) This means that you cannot register for ssm with KL address and setup a bank in sabah/sarawak. even mont kiara cannot setup banks in sunway.

Hope that helps
Thanks a lot, it really helps a lot! Initiallt thought of applying a SSM sole proprietor but the authority would still can challenge that I am operating a biz illegally since the Sole proprietoryship is only for west...haha...i think finding a runner is the best way for me now. Thanks again for the clarification!

kevinlim1997
post Nov 27 2015, 05:22 PM

44 posts

Hi

If I want to operate a business to sell ice cream using car at only one area (managed by DBKU), what type of license do I need?

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 PM