Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

WTA Hearing aid, where to get and how much?

views

jack2
post Feb 8 2017, 11:18 AM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(Masculine @ Apr 12 2016, 11:12 AM)
Finally bought my 90 year old mum a hearing aid.

From 20dB... Price is RM5400 per side.  Now, I just bought one side only. 
Just come to know that hearing aid is not that simple but a very advanced piece of
equipment.  The person need to be trained to use it.

so every month, I have to bring my mom to the clinic for minor adjustment.
This is necessary since after long time with hearing loss, her brain need to be
train to hear again... of course this consultation visits are included in the price
one side is good enough to hear?

RM5400 per side is very expensive. Which brand and model you got?

My mum is not good in learning this and if it is too advanced, how to use ah?
Ggliao
post May 29 2017, 12:36 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(jack2 @ Feb 8 2017, 11:18 AM)
one side is good enough to hear?

RM5400 per side is very expensive.  Which brand and model you got?

My mum is not good in learning this and if it is too advanced, how to use ah?
There's one in MidValley at the second floor South court, quite a lot of successful stories. I heard they also have other branches in Klang Valley.
You can try see in their website http://www.clarisound.com/index.html if they are professional they should be able to provide you the right solution, including matching your budget and expectation

This post has been edited by Ggliao: May 29 2017, 12:38 PM
Victoriawong123
post Sep 28 2018, 08:59 PM

1 posts

I brought my dad to a hearing aid center in Pavilion KL, called Newsound Hearing. Heard they have been there for 10 years. He bought Oticon OPN hearing aids which changed his life! He's very happy with the sound quality and their professional service.
cfui_ling
post Nov 28 2018, 10:58 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Victoriawong123 @ Sep 28 2018, 08:59 PM)
I brought my dad to a hearing aid center in Pavilion KL, called Newsound Hearing. Heard they have been there for 10 years. He bought Oticon OPN hearing aids which changed his life! He's very happy with the sound quality and their professional service.
Hi, may I know the Oticon price?

thanks.
JooWeb
post Jan 16 2020, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

https://www.hear.com/my/

Are they good?
eeesiang P
post Jan 19 2021, 07:21 PM

Probation
15 posts

QUOTE(JooWeb @ Jan 16 2020, 04:45 PM)
hear.com is an online hearing aid dispenser. From hearing test to trial will be done remotely.
From what I know, they will deliver you a set of devices & instructions, follows by a fitting session to be conducted thru video call.
However, the accuracy of the test results can be doubtful as remote test was done under environment which is not well calibrated.
It is important as the prescription of sounds amplified by hearing aids is based on the hearing result.
Poor result leads to poor fitting.

One good point for online dispensing, you probably could get a cheaper price for the same range of products that you manage to find at any physical hearing aid center;

But a major downside is that you might have difficulty time looking for follow up services, as hearing aid fitting usually needs fine-tuning and most importantly, advises and information on handling the devices especially for first time user. Handling devices require long term monitoring and it's good to have a service provider to refer to at any time point of uncertainty. If you decided to save up the cost by buying online and later walk into a hearing aid center looking for a service provider; don't be surprised that you will be charged for an eye-boggling lump sum amount for the follow ups or even getting second-rated service.

As a first time user, one would usually fall for the "value trap" as marketed by certain online store.

Just my two cents as an audiologist.
JooWeb
post Jan 22 2021, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(eeesiang @ Jan 19 2021, 07:21 PM)
hear.com is an online hearing aid dispenser. From hearing test to trial will be done remotely.
From what I know, they will deliver you a set of devices & instructions, follows by a fitting session to be conducted thru video call.
However, the accuracy of the test results can be doubtful as remote test was done under environment which is not well calibrated.
It is important as the prescription of sounds amplified by hearing aids is based on the hearing result.

One good point for online dispensing, you probably could get a cheaper price for the same range of products that you manage to find at any physical hearing aid center;

But a major downside is that you might have difficulty time looking for follow up services, as hearing aid fitting usually needs fine-tuning and most importantly, advises and information on handling the devices especially for first time user. Handling devices require long term monitoring and it's good to have a service provider to refer to at any time point of uncertainty. If you decided to save up the cost by buying online and later walk into a hearing aid center looking for a service provider; don't be surprised that you will be charged for an eye-boggling lump sum amount for the follow ups or even getting second-rated service.

As a first time user, one would usually fall for the "value trap" as marketed by certain online store.

Thank you for providing good information.
outpace
post Nov 18 2021, 03:49 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(eeesiang @ Jan 19 2021, 07:21 PM)

is it true you could reprogram the same piece of hearing aid and transform the same machine from a lower end piece to one thats with higher end function (noise cancellation) , the software is proprietary or can be downloaded online, just kidding.

Any good hearing aid centre to share beside 20dB ? they got many branches, quite decent

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:14 AM