Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A.C.Ryan | Playon!HD v2, FullHD Network Mediaplayer

views

soulquarianz
post Feb 17 2010, 11:42 AM

On my way
556 posts

u can add me to the list, i got mine in PJ RM920 come with 1.5TB samsung HDD.

soulquarianz
post Feb 18 2010, 09:08 AM

On my way
556 posts

for large chunks of file or rearranging files, normally i open the internal HDD in POHD and plug it in to my removable 3.5HDD bay in desktop PC. so i can get gigabit transfer speed (over 100mbps). using USB doesnt help either coz it slow max like 20mbps.

for single file then i use wireless but expect to be done within 1 hour plus time with 2.5mbps max speed.
soulquarianz
post Feb 23 2010, 03:29 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(kkChan @ Feb 23 2010, 12:30 AM)
anyone try to stream  720p or 1080p movie via wifi n-draft? is it smooth?
if normal drama comedy its ok..no problem with 1080p....no lag at all.

but once u start playing movie with a lot of movement then u can see the lagging and stuttering..

i'm using trendnet wireless usb dongle anyway

Added on February 23, 2010, 3:31 pm
QUOTE(daryl.k @ Feb 23 2010, 11:33 AM)
updating firmware for 1st time in about 5-6 months (nvr update before)

the latest official firmware Version v7.06.r2901...it includes all previous firmware update??

got error playing m2ts files...this firmware update will solve that problem?
2901 is buggy...suggest u revert to 2388 firmware, much more stable

Added on February 23, 2010, 3:32 pm
QUOTE(echoesian @ Feb 22 2010, 11:52 PM)
How much is the Acryan Wifi dongle alone?
if not mistaken the dongle cost rm100 plus. but u can find compatible dongle such as trendnet which cost only rm70 only

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Feb 23 2010, 03:32 PM
soulquarianz
post Feb 25 2010, 11:38 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(echoesian @ Feb 23 2010, 06:48 PM)
The TrendNet is 150Mbps or 300Mbps ?
or mine is 150 but even this is good enough coz max can go is 2.5mbps. afterall i'm using Linksys WRTG54

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Feb 25 2010, 11:42 AM
soulquarianz
post Feb 25 2010, 02:36 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(BoxBuilder @ Feb 25 2010, 01:11 PM)
Aiya, of course ma, pls use wireless n router, you can feel the power of n streaming.

Btw, fyi, A.C.Ryan wireless N is one transmission and 2 receiving data. The cheapest is 1 transmission and 1 receiving. The best is 2 transmission and 2 receiveing but this will cost double the price.
so for those who is using wireless n router and 300mbps wireless usb dongle, can you pls show me your transfer/transmission speed? can u get more then 2.5mbps? have u test transferring 10GB file? how long does it takes?
soulquarianz
post Mar 15 2010, 10:12 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(jye'n @ Mar 13 2010, 04:15 PM)
Hi guys, i finally found an affordable HT system with optical INput.
It's Panasonic SC-PT75, selling at RM599 in Jusco.
THis is the product spec:
http://www.panasonic.com.my/web/pprint/8633/Spec
What do you guys think?
wow...thats quiet affordable by many others....should be a real bargain !
soulquarianz
post Mar 15 2010, 03:40 PM

On my way
556 posts

new firmware craps lah...

now revert back to 2388
soulquarianz
post Apr 19 2010, 09:26 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(ctphua @ Apr 18 2010, 08:08 PM)
question here ( i tried to search for the same question but mostly are related to streaming )
i have installed HDD internally and updated with latest FW, hdd also formatted by playon.
when i plugged in to my pc via USB, it shows partition1 and has no folder in it? , partition size ~1.35TB after formatted. (i bought 1.5T)

1. is everyone the same no folder created for internal hdd?
2. i tried to created folder movie, photo, music, but the problem is the browser (music tab) also can seen the movie folder, photo folder.. wasn't that LP PL?
3. the browser says u have 50 movies, but the screen is only show say 5 or 6 movie at 1 time.. meaning u have to scroll down many many time?
4. one more question, after the latest fw udpated and while formatting the internal hdd, it shows what samba, BTPD unicgi failed.. does it really matter? but hdd is formatted successfully.
try firmware 2388 (best so far) or 2901. coz the later version is not stable.

i have tested all the firmware and seems that one one bug after another appear and sometimes another option missing or not working but in 2388 it works perfectly in my setup !

Added on April 19, 2010, 9:28 amboxbuilder,

how to reserved 1 seat for me when eugene is here? i wanna attend the event.

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Apr 19 2010, 09:28 AM
soulquarianz
post Apr 20 2010, 09:17 AM

On my way
556 posts

8kelvin

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

you have to install the additional pack. try browse thru few pages back i think boxbuilder have link for the BT and Samba pack.

IMHO, please dont use POHD for BT coz its not stable, sometimes movie not downloaded at all. also you might end up having junks in ur internal POHD that might corrupt the entire HDD.

most of us downloading using dedicated PC then transfer to internal HDD either using POHD via USB or remove the HDD plug it to Removeable HDD bay. once full we use another internal or external HDD again.

well this is my opinion tho. coz this is what i been doing or else i might end up losing 1.5TB of gems. my POHD is only for movie watching and picture viewing. even YOUTUBE, Mp3 and the Internet Radio i hardly use it.

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Apr 20 2010, 09:20 AM
soulquarianz
post Apr 20 2010, 10:39 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(BoxBuilder @ Apr 20 2010, 10:24 AM)
Follow the instructions below to update your Firmware for the Playon!HD:

Standard updating of firmware

Download the latest firmware from our download section or our latest beta version from our forums.
Unzip your downloaded zip onto an empty USB stick. Make sure that the files within the zip are unzipped within the root of the USB stick.
Put your USB stick into one of the USB ports of the Playon!HD.
Startup your Playon!HD if it not already on.
In the menu, go to Setup, choose System, then go to System Update and select the option System Upgrade.
Your Firmware Update will now be progressed. Do not shup down your Playon!HD while the Playon!HD is processing your Firmware Update. The Playon!HD will reboot automatically.
After the Playon!HD has rebooted, your new Firmware is installed.

If you are unable to access your main menu, please proceed as follows (this also installs the extensions):

Safe-Mode Reflash

Download the latest firmware from our download section or our latest beta version from our forums, also download the extensions.
Unzip your downloaded zips onto an empty USB stick. Make sure that the files within the zips are unzipped within the root of the USB stick.
Disconnect the power cable from the Playon!HD.
Put your USB stick into one of the USB ports of the Playon!HD.
Push the power button and hold it pushed.
Connect your power cable again.
Hold the power button pushed until you get a screen which says that the firmware is updating.
Do not release the power button between the time of connecting the power cable and the appearing of the screen.
After firmware update the Playon!HD will reboot itself, with the extensions installed and you're done.

Latest Firmware: http://www.acryan.com/downloads/PV73100/Be...r3615_Asian.zip

Extensions Package: http://www.acryan.com/downloads/PV73100_Ex...ion_Package.zip
pls get TS to post this on 1st page !

soulquarianz
post May 5 2010, 10:45 AM

On my way
556 posts

tempting...might reflash mine with this official...coz i still using 2388 after toying around with several beta firmware..latest i tried 36XX....

p/s: 2388 is still the best in my setup...only problem is the sub a bit greyish...
soulquarianz
post May 6 2010, 08:39 AM

On my way
556 posts

updated mine with latest official firmware...seems to be much stable in my setup (POHD to Pioneer AVR to LCD - all via HDMI)...comparable with 2388 that i been using (despite playing around with several beta firmware after that)...

all things works accordingly. no issue playing any file (via internal HDD, external usb or even wireless). tested mkv, rmvb, wmv and BDMV (only few minutes test).

subtitles are whiter, wireless seems to be faster a bit, i can get 4.5mbps transfer (before only 2.5mbps). able to connect to and from pohd to pc (win 7 ultimate) or vice versa (u need to turn on Samba). Able to play music and view picture and online radio also no problem. but not tested bittorent coz i use pc as downloading server)

the only problem i face now is when i connect to my pc i only see certain files like less then 20...but when i browse in my server i actually do have more then 20 files...

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: May 6 2010, 08:41 AM
soulquarianz
post Jun 4 2010, 08:33 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(arthur_91 @ Jun 3 2010, 09:48 PM)
Hey sifus,

can i ask which usb dongle can work with ACRYAN POHD?

i know there is a acryan version, but i would like to know about other alternatives. >.<
i'm using TrendNet USB Wireless Dongle. RM70 (got it last year i think now maybe cheaper) only got it off a shop in lowyatt...

it works well with POHD...been using since last year no issue....works well with my WRT54G router...

IMHO, no point getting acryan wireless dongle coz max speed u get with wireless is only 5mbps....
soulquarianz
post Jun 5 2010, 12:26 PM

On my way
556 posts

your 13Mbps, is't tested? could u please share how u get that speed (what router u using) and which firmware are u using? which pohd (what chipset)?

because as far as i know, theres a speed limitation in pohd and the wireless speed flucuates a lot ! (if not mistaken based on reading from the internet. the max throughput on the 1073 chip is between 45 and 50 mbps (mega bits per second) or around 6 MBps.

if you can get more than that then pls share with us also share it in the acryan forum. i have follow almost everything in how to section or whatever suggestion, tricks, tips (mention in acryan forum) but max i can get in my setup still around 2.5 to 5Mbps (even after i test using friend Buffalo N router).

also no point using the wireless if u want to transfer large chunks of file. use the usb ! much more faster ! at lease save couple of hours.

lastly, "WHY PAY MORE" (borrow from Xtreamer hehehe), when u can get same function that works which cheaper price. afterall its using the same realtek chipset in the wireless dongle !

soulquarianz
post Jun 23 2010, 03:51 PM

On my way
556 posts

i'm gonna give this thumbgen a go...sound very easy to use. gonna do it over the weekends....

soulquarianz
post Jun 24 2010, 08:37 AM

On my way
556 posts

tested everything works charmingly but to generate 1 moviesheet takes about 5 minutes or more because sometimes theres no nfo available so u need to search plus sometimes it use weird cover ! then u have to redo couple of thing like movie info etc

i spend 2 hours and only manage to do around 30++ file only.... i dont know when i can finish my 700 + collection....anyway i think this thumbgen apps and can make your pohd look better
soulquarianz
post Jun 24 2010, 10:55 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jun 24 2010, 10:02 AM)
Are you using YAMJ , or something like TVIXIE or THUMBGEN ? Got any sample for me to compare with ? smile.gif. Which is the easiest to use?
this is thumbgen. i'm using dribblers skin NeatSheet_RedCurtain..STD Mode

picture belong to owner but this is exactly what i get aswell when testing

user posted image

u can get more template here

ThumbGen MovieSheets

Added on June 24, 2010, 10:58 am
QUOTE(azbro @ Jun 24 2010, 10:05 AM)
err..no...i really dun care much abt it...sorry  blush.gif
this guy already a class above us lah drool.gif ...mana mau tengok peasant punya setup tongue.gif

dia now BDMV BDISO punya KAKI.... tongue.gif

media player pun canggih tu....... drool.gif

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Jun 24 2010, 10:58 AM
soulquarianz
post Jun 24 2010, 12:15 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jun 24 2010, 11:41 AM)
He got all types Media player, AC Ryan pun ada, Dune 3 pun ada ,  Macam , macam ada.  biggrin.gif

Soulquarianz, Thanks or the link smile.gif. Do you know of any large centralised database where can search and download pre-created movie sheets (Lazy to generate myself).

that one i'm still searchin aswell..if u found one do lemme know....

btw i think thumbgen looks way better then that tvixie
soulquarianz
post Jun 29 2010, 11:31 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(BoxBuilder @ Jun 24 2010, 03:31 PM)
Dear Value Friends:
PlayOn!HD Workshop will be on 31st July 2010, at Federal Grand Ball Room from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. A lot of goodies are waiting for you to grab. Limited to 80 seat only. Register is required and opened for Box Builder Solution customers only. Pls email us your POHD and mini serial No. to verify and we will reply to you to confirm or reject. Email: info@boxbuilder.com.my
We will invite Mr. Larry Yeo and Eugene both from ACRyan Asia Pacific HQ to give u a talk regarding their plans and technical issue solving. Pls email us your questions and we will pick those most common and interesting problems feed back to Eugene. Let him got time to prepare the answers ya.
Cheers!
box..email send right after you posted this but still no reply....so meaning not selected?

Added on June 29, 2010, 11:32 pm
QUOTE(Ngto @ Jun 28 2010, 09:48 PM)
It's ok only if they didn't adverstise as being able to do HD Audio when they first started selling. But they did, and those early buyers who bought because of the claim, now left fuming.

Added on June 28, 2010, 9:50 pm
Ask Boxbuilder to take over, he will be happy to  smile.gif
i seconded this !

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Jun 29 2010, 11:32 PM
soulquarianz
post Jun 30 2010, 04:01 PM

On my way
556 posts

alright will wait for the email....

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to: