Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

77 Pages « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering Simple Guide to Engineering, Read here first before posting new topic

views

aizatvader32
post Apr 21 2017, 11:37 AM

18 posts

Hello,I just finished my foundation at UM and applied for the mechanical engineering course at UM as my first choice.I am wondering what skills or software that i can learn to help me during my degree years in mechanical engineering(provided that i succeed getting into UM or any other public universities with this course).
chinkw1
post Apr 23 2017, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,964 posts

If one take Science subjects in Form 5 and sit through SPM, what are the options to pursue into Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree ?

Which is better, to start with diploma then baru go degree? Or to go Foundation 1st, then baru go degree?

This post has been edited by chinkw1: Apr 23 2017, 12:50 PM
Siti D
post May 5 2017, 11:07 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(Masterofme @ Jan 19 2017, 03:38 PM)
Hi!!!
I am a new member here.

I am interested to take Electrical and Electronic Engineering course.

Can someone here(especially as an undergraduate of E&E) to brief me about what am I going to study at E&E? I need some guide here. I need it badly. Is there project work for every semester or every year? Giving the flow of the entire life in university will be greatly and  really appreciated. If it is possible please compile it with which university you are in will be more informative.

I had heard some rumors from my friend's seniors claiming that it is not an easy course compared to chemical engineering a couple of days ago. I still doubt that what he tell me is true.
Hi Masterofme

I am from Electronic Eng (Computer Eng) at UTeM. But for the working purpose, I am working related to Electrical & Electronic. 4 years teaching E&E subjects, then currently this is my 2nd year working as E&E Engineer.

For me, any engineering can be tough, can be easy depends on the applications needed to be used. Because, as basic, we all have to conquer the calculation in complex application but the difference between us and mathematicians is we applying it in the specific field.

Back to your question, if you are asking about E&E, most of the BASIC subjects in any colleges/ universities revolve around this subjects including Electrical Circuits (extended from the Chapter 2 - Electricity, Physics Form 5 SPM), we will begin with the basic laws related (Ohm's Law, Kirchoff's Law, etc) while the Electronic part (extended from the Chapter 4 - Electronics, Physics Form 4 SPM). You learnt about the basic logic in the past, right? So, for the next study, we will learn from the basic logic and further, Truth Table, Consequence Logic gate and hence these will be using too, as information to be input for programming.

I think that's all I can say, I prefer put it for the basic of general ideas of the course, hopefully you can see clearly the idea. smile.gif
Siti D
post May 5 2017, 11:10 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(aizatvader32 @ Apr 21 2017, 11:37 AM)
Hello,I just finished my foundation at UM and applied for the mechanical engineering course at UM as my first choice.I am wondering what skills or software that i can learn to help me during my degree years in mechanical engineering(provided that i succeed getting into UM or any other public universities with this course).
For mechanical, it's better you focus upgrading your skills in AutoCAD. Not only for your surviving in the study, but also demanded too, in the industry. Apart of the software, you can see other software in most Job Description (JD) from the job vacancy as reference.
Siti D
post May 5 2017, 11:17 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(chinkw1 @ Apr 23 2017, 12:47 PM)
If one take Science subjects in Form 5 and sit through SPM, what are the options to pursue into Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree ?

Which is better, to start with diploma then baru go degree? Or to go Foundation 1st, then baru go degree?
Begin the journey from either diploma and foundation can got pros and cons.

To make easier as comparison, in terms of period of study, the foundation has shorter (1 year mostly), while for the diploma (3 years). But longer time doesn't mean that it can be bad, sometimes it can be helpful especially if you think you can take time in adapting the course. Shorter time of foundation, you have to bear with the risk of more stress when it is packed schedule, everything try to finish in one year.

However, I think most of foundation is reliable in terms of the mastering the theory part, while the diploma may have more advantage in practical part. This is for engineering side as general, I don't know about the other course. Anyway, goodluck chinkw1.
Pengie
post May 21 2017, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

Why is environmental engineering involved in civil engineering?

Isn't civil engineering mainly about structures and all?

Please enlighten me on this matter
cnvery
post May 24 2017, 10:55 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

QUOTE(Pengie @ May 21 2017, 03:59 PM)

Source: http://www.utar.edu.my/econtent_proglist.j...tid=8050&fid=48

UTAR Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Environmental Engineering

The programme is an interdisciplinary discipline with a combination of civil engineering and chemical engineering. The programme aims to produce environmental engineer who will be successful in modern engineering practice, intergrate into the local and global workforce, and contribute to the economy of Malaysia and nation. The basic mission of the programme is to provide the fundamental intellectual knowledge, when supplemented by professional experience that will provide the technical and interpersonal skills required to conceive, plan, design, and implement the systems needed to provide and ensure environmental protection for human health and the sustainability of our natural ecosystem.

Environmental engineers possess a strong commitment to the environment and they enjoy a career that allows them to improve it. The most successful environmental engineers have background in mathematics and science and are detail-oriented. Environmental engineers make significant contributions in the areas of civil, structural and waste resource engineering. Upon graduation environmental engineers will know how to communicate with engineering knowledge in a variety of problem areas in the engineering industry.

Professional in this fled work on issue like wastewater treatment, toxic materials control and air quality control. Duties vary by project and can include collecting and analysing data, performing quality control checks, evaluating and devising solution for environmental hazards. Environmental engineers will be communicating with municipalities, urban and rural communities and even be involved with water resource management in agriculture. They even will be an industry leader in implementing engineering and environmental policies and procedures.
tin_math
post May 25 2017, 12:42 AM

17 posts

Hi!!!
I am a new member here.

Can someone here(especially as an undergraduate of E&E) to brief me about what am I going to study at E&E? I need some guide here. I need it badly. Is there project work for every semester or every year? Giving the flow of the entire life in university will be greatly and  really appreciated. If it is possible please compile it with which university you are in will be more informative.

I had heard some rumors from my friend's seniors claiming that it is not an easy course compared to chemical engineering a couple of days ago. I still doubt that what he tell me is true.
Welcome.

Indeed EEE is a difficult course relative to CE, and the right question to do some investigation on further for your own benefit is probably the math part, which is the bit a number of people find difficult about their majors. Yet on the other hand, some may find that CE may be a harder course for them because mathematical abstraction comes easy to them but they do not particularly like the way the course is not condensed in a way that you deal with core fundamentals so there is a lot of memorisation instead of grasping the pure abstractions that tie them up together.

If however you are talented at abstractions, you may find that you can easily distill most chemistry textbooks into a few pages although then that begs the question of why that hasn't been done yet. To be fair, EEE which is a lot of applied physics and math derives its difficulty from the fact that physicists and mathematicians in history have some of the highest IQs compared to other branches of science. Which is where you get the equating of Einstein, a theoretical physicist (which is the most mathematical branch of physics) to someone who is known to be a brilliant genius. Or that rocket science is colloquially known to be especially hard. So, rest assure, understanding or applying their work does not come easy.

Drilling down to the actual math used on both courses...

At the heart of chemical engineering is partial differential equations and linear algebra. Of course depending on the university you are going to, there is always going to be a slight different in emphasis and hence you may also dabble in some sub-specialties of chemical engineering that would involve a different numerical branch.

Electrical and electronic engineering on the other hand not only covers those two main areas at its core but also probability theory, abstract algebra etc. My advice is to pick up the mathematics required for both fields, browse through and see which one gives you more of a headache. That's a good starting point.

If you have any mathematical questions, feel free to buzz me over a cup of coffee, I am able to provide initial consultations.

Good luck!
dudan
post Jun 3 2017, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

QUOTE(Pengie @ May 21 2017, 03:59 PM)

Environment is one of the main requirement/concern nowadays in construction field... i.e. For mrt project's, Main contractor is compulsory to hire a manager and 1 exec purely for environment.
mr.thinkpad
post Jul 7 2017, 11:23 AM

Enrich Traveller
558 posts

Hi!!!
I am a new member here.

EE is almost the toughest if compare to ME or CE... lots of projects and presentation and labs
Dongfangbubai
post Aug 10 2017, 10:23 AM

32 posts

Hey everyone, just curious. Anyone here already a graduate student and specialize on electronic circuit boards and infrared sensors?
1331nj
post Sep 30 2017, 09:10 PM

13 posts

Hey! Is there any Business Engineering course offer in any Malaysia Universities?

lxvelorn
post Jan 15 2018, 07:46 PM

15 posts

Hi is chemistry at A-Levels a prerequisite to study engineering?
edwardlow.gc
post Jan 19 2018, 04:06 PM

6 posts

Any recommendations for mechanical engineering's uni ?

HomeSeeker100
post Jan 23 2018, 12:25 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(lxvelorn @ Jan 15 2018, 07:46 PM)
Hi is chemistry at A-Levels a prerequisite to study engineering?
I think it is depending on the uni. Generally, so long you have credit on any two of the science subjects (chemistry+physic, bio+physic, etc) then you're acceptable in most engineering uni.
bestdo
post Jan 24 2018, 07:46 PM

43 posts

Greetings everyone! I’m a Mech. Eng. diploma graduate awaiting for IPTA placement for my degree. I have around 6 months gap. Thus to gain experience, and also to cure boredom, my plan is to find some work. Any advice on which type of position should I apply to? Is Jobstreet and Indeed a good platform?

On the other hand, I would love to learn Arduino and CAD softwares with my free time. I’m scared that I will not have the time to learn them if I’m working.

This post has been edited by bestdo: Jan 24 2018, 08:00 PM
aathif
post Jan 28 2018, 10:35 AM

8 posts

anyone can advice meif im going to take double degree which is physics and engineering?and which field of engineering is the best to explore?
kodasnake117
post Feb 8 2018, 11:29 PM

49 posts

I'm a Mech Eng diploma graduate. I have an interest in robotics (particularly building robots and programming AI) any idea what course I should take?

I ask because my lecturers say got A LOT of robotic courses out there so I have to choose carefully.

Also is it recommended to study overseas?
empire23
post Mar 5 2018, 09:11 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(kodasnake117 @ Feb 8 2018, 11:29 PM)
I'm a Mech Eng diploma graduate. I have an interest in robotics (particularly building robots and programming AI) any idea what course I should take?

I ask because my lecturers say got A LOT of robotic courses out there so I have to choose carefully.

Also is it recommended to study overseas?
I suppose you should go for mechatronics.

sentinelking
post Mar 5 2018, 05:31 PM

11 posts

I'm in this dilemma. I have been working as an product engineer in semiconductor field for almost 3 years now and wish to develop my skills in six sigma/AI in data analysis/automation in root causing/problem solving.

However, the closest master degree course i can find is either mechatronic or manufacturing. Mechatronic master still having a slight edge since i'm taking mechatronics as my bachelor deg. Just want to take in more inputs before I really proceed.

77 Pages « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:35 PM