Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

(WTA) Good banana leaves rice Shop in Klang, Meru?

views

TSranchu
post Jan 20 2010, 01:01 PM, updated 15y ago

22 posts

i used to stayed in Subang, and i have no problem to look for good and delicious banana leave rice shop there but after moving to Klang, meru.. cannot find the good one.. any recommendation? Thanks alot.. laugh.gif
SUSMr.Wokayyy
post Jan 20 2010, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

sri paandhi
nandayryu
post Jan 20 2010, 01:33 PM

Regular
1,072 posts

banana leave itself ,BU .
rickrick
post Jan 24 2010, 05:17 PM

Perth please be good to my business !!
505 posts

There's one near the klang ktm station, quite famous one. Always crowded lunch time.
imagine you are stepping out of the ktm station, the shop is at your 2 o'clock, the same row as 4D lottery shops. ( easy to spot )
The shop name is in chinese, the owner is chinese. He serve drinks, but the food is by indians.
Long time didnt go back there eat, so not sure bout the quality of the foods now.
Klang have many food treasure, just need to know where to find !! Enjoy !!

Found a link for u : http://nasilemaklover.blogspot.com/2010/01...-leaf-rice.html

This post has been edited by rickrick: Jan 24 2010, 05:23 PM
C-Note
post Jan 24 2010, 11:37 PM

starry starry night
3,037 posts

tried one in a mamak in tmn desa. since then i got phobia edi. i needed to order a separate dish of mutton curry to finish off the rice. wtf i was given stewed beansprouts and fried vege thats so bad my dog will puke. all at a whopping RM5.
Dickson91
post Jan 25 2010, 07:36 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(rickrick @ Jan 24 2010, 05:17 PM)
There's one near the klang ktm station, quite famous one. Always crowded lunch time.
imagine you are stepping out of the ktm station, the shop is at your 2 o'clock, the same row as 4D lottery shops. ( easy to spot )
The shop name is in chinese, the owner is chinese. He serve drinks, but the food is by indians.
Long time didnt go back there eat, so not sure bout the quality of the foods now.
Klang have many food treasure, just need to know where to find !! Enjoy !!

Found a link for u : http://nasilemaklover.blogspot.com/2010/01...-leaf-rice.html
only the best in Klang rclxms.gif
TSranchu
post Jan 26 2010, 05:48 PM

22 posts

Thanks Rickrick for the link.. will give it a try in one of these weekends.. nod.gif

This post has been edited by ranchu: Jan 26 2010, 05:49 PM
stimix
post Jan 27 2010, 09:14 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Yeah I was about to post the same too on the KTM station banana leaf rice inside the chinese kopitiam..I passed by there many times & saw the crowd too but not dare to try because its remind me of Line Clear in Penang..longkang smell & rats infested!

Well the whole area has the 1960's era amosphere..

This post has been edited by stimix: Jan 27 2010, 09:17 AM
nihility
post Oct 5 2021, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Just happened to be nearby Meru today & decided to drop by for the Banana Leave @ Restoran Klang Sentral, Meru for the Fried Baby Squid set.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
babyboby
post Nov 26 2021, 02:30 PM

5 posts

Me too, just moved from usj to Taman Sentosa recently. I recall there is a nice banana leaf rice shop at usj Taipan, another one Letchumitrah near usj 16 served good original Indian food but now no more i think, damn pandemic!

Anyway, here in Taman Sentosa got many Indian housewives are selling homecook food, i bet they taste good. Im thinking maybe can buy some dishes and side condiments like papadom then pluck some banana leaf and assemble your own banana leaf rice. I hope this doesn't sound absurd. As many banana leaf and nasi kandar restaurants now aren't that pocket friendly anymore.

Remember recent news about 2 fried squid for rm100? So scary.
nihility
post Nov 26 2021, 05:39 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

QUOTE(babyboby @ Nov 26 2021, 02:30 PM)
Me too, just moved from usj to Taman Sentosa recently. I recall there is a nice banana leaf rice shop at usj Taipan, another one Letchumitrah near usj 16 served good original Indian food but now no more i think, damn pandemic!

Anyway, here in Taman Sentosa got many Indian housewives are selling homecook food, i bet they taste good[B]. Im thinking maybe can buy some dishes and side condiments like papadom then pluck some banana leaf and assemble your own banana leaf rice. I hope this doesn't sound absurd. As many banana leaf and nasi kandar restaurants now aren't that pocket friendly anymore.

Remember recent news about 2 fried squid for rm100? So scary.
After you go try, you give some photos here la.
babyboby
post Nov 28 2021, 01:50 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Nov 26 2021, 05:39 PM)
After you go try, you give some photos here la.
Yeah good idea especially if they got sell nice chicken vindaloo. Picking wild banana leaf reminds me the story of a HK and Japanese couple followed Sugu Pavithra recipe and went all the way down their apartment hillside to look for banana leaf.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:49 PM