Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

tishaban
post Jan 18 2010, 10:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,470 posts

I guess I try to save up as much as possible beforehand and make sure that I can pay whatever extra I spend within 2-3 months. Yes I've spent way more than 10k before...

If you plan properly you can obviously save cost but I'm not the type to plan every single detail up front but that's a bit heavier on the wallet obviously. I didn't expect for example to be charged 12 euros for wifi access at my hotel this past weekend, a little bit more planning would've saved me that money but I just go with the flow...

tishaban
post Aug 31 2010, 03:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,470 posts

QUOTE(quest_5692 @ Aug 30 2010, 02:46 PM)
flight tickets to south america cost a bomb. MAS after discount is around rm15k return trip to costa rica....its because you need to transit twice i think...my friend 1st fly to amsterdam then north america then argentina...it takes near to 24 hour too..
It's a long flight but RM15k is way too much. Go to kayak.com and check the prices there, you can get there for half the price.

tishaban
post Dec 10 2010, 06:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,470 posts

QUOTE(Shazzac @ Dec 10 2010, 09:09 AM)
And also NYC - wonder what the hype is all about. A friend once told me it's more or less very 'KL-ish'.
Wakaka some people get NYC, a few don't. I lived there for more than a decade and I love NYC so I don't mind spending 5k or more every year going back to enjoy the city. PM me if you decide to go and want some tips biggrin.gif

I've spent more than 7 weeks in France this year but I still haven't truly immersed myself in the culture or even had much chance to travel the country. Will probably take advantage of AAX cheap tickets to do it again in the future.

In the mean time, NZ is coming in 2011 on AAX! Fortunately not 10k since flight tickets are cheap!

tishaban
post Feb 21 2012, 02:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,470 posts

QUOTE(zhngmykahzhng @ Feb 16 2012, 10:21 PM)
I am not willing to spend that much that's why I do backpacking with budget hotel.

On the other side, the most (air ticket only and not from my own wallet) to US with Cathay business class almost RM20K each person. This shall be my highest ever in a life time because I just couldn't freaking willing to do that insane spending. ** Is a company ** Not countable?
It's all relative now isn't it? If you make 5-6 figures a month then 10k is insignificant. Problem is when you make lots of money will you have the time to spend on yourself? I have investment banker/private equity friends who make millions but don't have time to spend the money.

Anyway my current US trip is already costing close to 6k... ouch.

tishaban
post Sep 4 2013, 10:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,470 posts

Would you spend RM10k to travel locally? 3 nights for me and the family at Club Med is already almost 10k.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th November 2020 - 06:00 AM