Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

stimix
post Jan 14 2010, 03:21 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Well, for Average M'sian not easy but for those really above average, esp those earning 5 figure/mth , RM10K, will be peanut to them...Only 1 mth out of 1 yr salary mah....why not...

If I earn so much, I might be spending the same as those above avg ppl liao....just like putraskyline, sharkteef (Permabanned liao), travelers, & more haha
stimix
post Jan 14 2010, 03:49 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

I won't do that man saving for 6mth for RM10K...My max is 1 mth salary on that particular year...That's why last year all my oversea trips all ended in Hostels...haha

stimix
post Jan 14 2010, 11:25 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Ehhh doesn't sound like Putra liao biggrin.gif ..Mr Wokayy likes biz class bcos got stewardess massage his head wan biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Jan 14 2010, 10:15 PM)
Thats great.I would love to, but due to budget constraint, mostly I fly through AA  tongue.gif
stimix
post Jan 15 2010, 01:44 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

For those expensive countries, I intend to buy xtra tents & even cooker & wok during backpacking trip to save cost....Spending more on expensive transport.....

I think possible kua? I really admire those backpackers..
stimix
post Jan 15 2010, 03:14 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

geeezzz...given me lesser hope planning backpacking trip to EU liao..haizzzz
stimix
post Jan 17 2010, 09:27 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

ehhhh Not Banting meh?
stimix
post Feb 21 2012, 09:49 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

No matter how I spent, all my previous trips never exceed RM2k/pax all-in inc of air fare, acc, food, transports & souvenirs..haha..

I'm gonna do the same in my nxt 7D5N Tokyo trip. Right now, I already spent RM900/pax on air fare & prebooked hotel. So budgetting only RM1K/pax on transports, food & souvenirs..haha.. Yeah I think I can achieve it
stimix
post Feb 21 2012, 10:06 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

RM2800/pax to Seoul more than enough for 6 days provided you prebooked your accomodations haha.. FYI, I only spent less than RM800 for my 6D4N there. Incheon airport on the 2st floor having a superb resting nest..damn comfy & wth big Samsung LCD...Anyway, the airport so quiet after 9:30pm..All duty free shops closed at 9:30pm haha.. I'm not sure whether they will shut off the lighthing after midnite or not biggrin.gif ..I hv bd experience stranded wth all lights off at Gimpo airport..walking in the dark looking for taxi to Seoul.. sad.gif ..That time no direct train to Seoul and the airport train till Gimpo airport only and their subway ended at 11:30pm & so do their domestic airport..damn blush.gif sad.gif

QUOTE(Shazzac @ Feb 21 2012, 09:58 AM)
rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif  notworthy.gif

I think you are the champion is budget travels lor.

No matter what, I still end up with medium range hotels/b&b if i can find. But currently been sourcing rooms/apartments/flats from www.airbnb.com which saves me a whole lot - being some accommodations are actually very centrally located, hence myself saving on train tickets to go from places to places.

I'm only planning to bring 1mil won to Seoul for my 6 day trip in March. I wonder how can I get it to reduce........ afraid not enough money for food later. ;P The last night in Seoul, will be spent at the airport because my flight is at 8.30am the next day (AAX). Too lazy to rush from city to airport at the earliest hour! I think must wake up at 4.30am to mandi, get ready, breakfast and then 5.30am need to be at train station and it takes about 40 mins from city to airport... what a rush! Hopefully the transit hotel in Incheon airport got room, if not.... just hang out at airport. LOL! If i can tahan 19hrs in Doha Airport, I can certain tahan 7 hours in Incheon airport.
stimix
post Feb 21 2012, 10:48 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Just read my earlier comment.. I dun spent >RM2K on all my oversea travels so far haha and that inc of airfare, hotel, food & transportation haha
stimix
post Feb 21 2012, 11:02 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Haha..Yes.. That's one of bloody cool & futuristic airport..Another +1 for Incheon..Our KLIA nothing if compare to this...this is one of the many relaxing lzy chair in Incheon lounge..Mine was almost empty and we occupied all the LCDs & the chairs.. Photo random from google.. This longe without LCD screen..but all occupied biggrin.gif

user posted image

Added on February 21, 2012, 11:03 amI see what you;'e eeying there unker.. brows.gif ..Your travel maps still empty @ South America brows.gif
QUOTE(mat sputnik @ Feb 21 2012, 10:59 AM)
For long-haul sales keep an eye on those Middle-eastern carriers -- Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Gulf Air. They have periodic sales, all the way to South America, esp. Emirates. Late last year, Qatar did a campaign - got KUL-DOH-OSL for just RM1.2k, all-in, full service some more. Early this year Emirates did global sale, so got another ticket KL - St Petersburg, for RM2.4k, traveling in April, on A380. We are doing Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania too.

Btw if you are a history buff, do Andalucia while in Spain -- Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla are awesome. A side trip to Gibraltar is cool. smile.gif

===
This post has been edited by stimix: Feb 21 2012, 11:03 AM
stimix
post Feb 21 2012, 11:20 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Normally 1-2mth ahead of time.. My best resources so far is Mat Sputnik's blog. I copied lotsa his itineraries actually blush.gif My best copied job from his was my Cambodian -Siem Riep trip..Even copied what he did by walking to the Malay's Champa village blush.gif rclxms.gif

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:14 AM)
planning to go to central europe, here's the itinerary
according to the itinerary, they are going to belgium + france + netherlands within 8 days, is it too rushing or 8 days are enough already?
2k each trip??! woahhh you must be very good in planning a trip!
usually how long did you take to plan a trip ahead? I really wanna go travelling without overspending sad.gif
stimix
post Feb 21 2012, 03:10 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

YEs I used lotsa public transport for sure.. Best way to save & also mingle wth the locals.. However on places having poor public trp like Indonesia, I normally rent a car & drive or rent a car + driver. Yeah it cost more esp rent a car wth driver.

Added on February 21, 2012, 4:14 pmProbably try using the newly built raiway to Tibet biggrin.gif
QUOTE(mat sputnik @ Feb 21 2012, 11:47 AM)
Tibet Everest Base Camp next for you, bro!
This post has been edited by stimix: Feb 21 2012, 04:14 PM
stimix
post Feb 22 2012, 03:33 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Travel on budget is not hard. just abit of planning & research. On how much you willing to spend really depending on how much is your airfare & prebooked hotel

Most of the time I just bought these two. And normally go on budget promo fare.. 'So for eg..If you can get cheap fare to Tokyo let say ~RM500/pax return, Hotel triple sharing at RM400/pax for 5 nites. Your actual total cost only RM900 no matter how you want to spend.

Therafter when you're there how much you want to spend also depending on you. Tranport probably ~RM300/wk, food ~ RM80/day (600yen/meal) & souvenirs/entrance ~ RM200.. no matter how I calculate, I think RM900/pax/wk is more than enough even to Tokyo haha. Thus Why need to spend RM10K when you can get similar Holiday for <RM2K/pax even to Tokyo haha

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th November 2020 - 06:37 AM