Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

mmyy
post Feb 20 2012, 08:31 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 20 2012, 08:11 PM)
how about if travelling by joining travel agency? I'm planning to travel by travel agency (I'm thinking about Apple Holiday) coz they include everything already, the flight tickets, hotels, meals, etc.. can anyone share their experience if it's worth it to spend 10k?
Where are you planning to go?
mmyy
post Feb 21 2012, 07:02 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:14 AM)
planning to go to central europe, here's the itinerary
according to the itinerary, they are going to belgium + france + netherlands within 8 days, is it too rushing or 8 days are enough already?
Well with tours you can't expect to stay long in one place. Normally they let you free 1-2 hours in one place of interest. It's more of a touch-n-go travel, you'll feel pretty relaxed since everything is organised for you and you don't have to walk so much with the bus ever ready there. If you don't really have specific places you wanna visit, you just want to have a feel of the country, and you can't stand counting your budget everyday, tours are good for you. But if you think you're the person who wants to visit longer, mingle around, be part of cultures and don't mind all the hassle of doing research, and you have many places you want to see that's not included in the itinerary, then better plan your own trip. smile.gif

I was with Reliance's Italy + Austria tour, which was a great trip, well-planned and transition of journey was smooth. But I guess for me, it's way more fun to learn travelling yourself in a foreign country - you'll end up feeling like a local or someone who's been staying there for years. You learn how to use their public transport and you even remember directions around town - the experience is pretty awesome, you feel like you become different nationalities every time you travel. thumbup.gif

So it really depends on your own priorities. Whether it's a country you want to spend more time knowing (F&E), or a country you just want to visit for the feel of it (tour).
mmyy
post Feb 22 2012, 10:24 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 21 2012, 07:34 PM)
^thanks for ur reply
I guess both are also fine, but maybe I'll have a company to travel along w me if I'm planning to travel without tour biggrin.gif

gonna check out Reliance too =)

*edit : checked the Reliance website, how do you check the prices? or I have to call them? they don't provide the dates either
Yeah for F&E going with someone is more fun and safer, you can take care of each other and share experience - I don't travel alone lol.

For Reliance, I usually see their ads in the newspapers and call, or walk-in their offices get their really nice brochures and quotations tongue.gif
People always say Apple is the best for Japan tours, while Reliance is the best for Europe tours. Just what I heard. Just choose the one with the itinerary you like best I guess (usually Apple is slightly more expensive)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.74    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2020 - 03:30 AM