Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

mat sputnik
post Feb 21 2012, 10:59 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Shazzac @ Feb 21 2012, 09:29 AM)

I'm in the midst of looking out for a better fare to Barcelona/Madrid - then head on to Portugal for 2.5 weeks. Hope there will be some promotion next month (as currently, most fare promotion are for travel up to June and selling period up to end of Feb). Wish me luck!

For long-haul sales keep an eye on those Middle-eastern carriers -- Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Gulf Air. They have periodic sales, all the way to South America, esp. Emirates. Late last year, Qatar did a campaign - got KUL-DOH-OSL for just RM1.2k, all-in, full service some more. Early this year Emirates did global sale, so got another ticket KL - St Petersburg, for RM2.4k, traveling in April, on A380. We are doing Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania too.

Btw if you are a history buff, do Andalucia while in Spain -- Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla are awesome. A side trip to Gibraltar is cool. smile.gif

===

mat sputnik
post Feb 21 2012, 11:06 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Shazzac @ Feb 21 2012, 10:55 AM)
Sure??? RM800?!?!?!?! Confirm??!?!?! Wow, then I'll probably bring 500k won = RM1600. Should be more than enough. Yes my accommodation already booked beforehand and paid for dy. RM800+ for 6 nights at a small studio near Seoul Station. Promo price at USD45 per night!! I think it's a superb price since I can't find anything cheaper and I don't feel comfy staying at those 8 bed or 6 bed dorm.

Thanks for the tip on the 2nd floor though. Was it full when you were there then? I plan to actually depart from Seoul city at 10pm (anytime after dinner). Hopefully they have free wifi all over the place but at least maybe some designated areas, if not, will be damn bored. If really shut the lights after midnight will be good, at least can sleep, rather than being at Doha airport - the lights damn bright 24/7. LOL

$45 single occupancy is good deal, make sure got en-suite, otherwise fight for toilets with the dorm ppl. smile.gif
Your budget looks fine, the only spoiler is when you wanna take day trips to DMZ, Nami or one of those ski resorts, otherwise pay by card. Or maybe compulsive shopping.

And yes, DOH is awful for lengthy layover, ICN is heaven!

===

mat sputnik
post Feb 21 2012, 11:33 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:30 AM)
i see..can u post his blog's link here? ady view his profile but he didn't put the link to his blog. Wanna read his blog too =)
hopefully I can plan my budget trip too
Hi h3ll0, pls click HERE.

It's a non-commercial blog, clean, no adverts. I did it to document my journeys. It's like a personal journal. smile.gif
Thanks.

===
mat sputnik
post Feb 21 2012, 11:47 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Feb 21 2012, 11:20 AM)
Normally 1-2mth ahead of time.. My best resources so far is Mat Sputnik's blog. I copied lotsa his itineraries actually  blush.gif My best copied job from his was my Cambodian -Siem Riep trip..Even copied what he did by walking to the Malay's Champa village  blush.gif  rclxms.gif
Tibet Everest Base Camp next for you, bro!
mat sputnik
post Feb 21 2012, 08:37 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:14 AM)
planning to go to central europe, here's the itinerary
Just saw your itinerary. Looks pretty good but compact, all the major spots covered.

If you go during Keukenhof time, I'm sure you'd love the tulips -- on what to expect, pls click HERE.

Bruges is simply delightful, but I only did a short story on it, see HERE, which is unfair to this beautiful World Heritage Site city.

Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris are excellent for roaming around to explore, as the case is with any big places.

---

Keukenhof.
user posted image

Bruges.
user posted image

Brussels.
user posted image

Amsterdam.
user posted image

Of course there are museums and other indoor stuff to see.

===

mat sputnik
post Feb 22 2012, 12:38 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Cas @ Feb 22 2012, 09:18 AM)
Ah Amsterdam, brings back memories.

Btw mat sputnik - i checked out your blog and must say your travels are VERY inspiring!! I showed the link to my hubby and hopefully many years from now hand in hand we'll be still going places together  biggrin.gif
Thanks, cas. Kids all grown up (we started early, so we finished the family early biggrin.gif), and since we have a bit of savings, we are going to places we have always wanted to go. Next trip is early April -- to Russia, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania - independent travel, just the two of us exploring the World Heritage Sites there on our own.

Btw, here's a slideshow of our 2011 trips.

===

This post has been edited by mat sputnik: Feb 22 2012, 01:27 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    1.03    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2020 - 12:08 AM