Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Will you spend 10k to go traveling?

views

Warfare08
post Feb 21 2012, 01:03 AM

10 posts

Due to certain circumstances that changed my life back in year end 2010, I started to travel alot in the year 2011. I spent about 8k to travel around SEA countries in year 2011 alone (2k each trip). I visited 4 different countries with the 8k alone, which excluding my business trip to Beijing.

In short, I visited 5 different countries in year 2011 alone and I think I started to get addicted with traveling. I wasn't traveling much back then due to financial constraint and personal circumstances. Eventually I realised that I can even travel with small little amount of budget and mind you, I don't earn alot (averagely and able to live comfortably)

I had lots of fun, I learnt alot and I made new friends along the journey. I must say that I realised there's whole lot of new world out there waiting for you to discover. Some say, I can even do better, visit more places and countries with the budget that I've spent and I told them, well, I will learn from my mistakes then (part and parcel of life smile.gif)

Since I got addicted to travels, I have few plans in queue for the year 2012. The coming trip would be traveling to Europe which will cost me another 10k. I made the itinerary myself, booking myself, research myself, etc. and I must say that I've learnt a whole lot more than my previous trips to SEA countries. Soul searching trip is not an easy trip to plan IMHO tongue.gif

So the question, what makes me to spend so much on traveling? IMHO, there are things which you can't exactly buy with money alone. You gotta spend some efforts in doing that you need/should/want to do in order to carry on with life and live the life to the fullest. With that being said, not only cash are required for such traveling, but time and efforts. However, the return of your hardwork is priceless when you feel that everything is worth it in the end, be it psychology or emotional wise smile.gif

I've always believe in "you gain something, you lose something" smile.gif I will definitely travel more and more in coming years.

This post has been edited by Warfare08: Feb 21 2012, 01:03 AM
Warfare08
post Feb 21 2012, 11:58 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(h3ll0 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:14 AM)
2k each trip??! woahhh you must be very good in planning a trip!
not really la. I made quite a number of mistakes each time during the trip which cost me quite an amount of money smile.gif but of course, the max budget that I can go for each particular trip is only 2k and anything beyond than that, I tried not to spend so much wink.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:58 AM