Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

Serendipity123
post Mar 5 2012, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

Yes, absolutely willing.
I'm actually trying to save up 10k to either go to Europe or NYC next year. wink.gif
Serendipity123
post Oct 23 2012, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(kc01 @ Oct 18 2012, 09:24 PM)
Just came back from 18 days East Coast US holidays. Destination includes Orlando, Florida (7 nights) , NYC (8 nights), Niagara Falls & Toronto (2 night). Cost my family of 4, 2 adult and 2 children a total of AUD$23k, but worth it!
Thanks, but I have already decided on Spain and Portugal next year... rclxms.gif
Budget around RM8k all-in...
Serendipity123
post Oct 24 2012, 06:42 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(moody5 @ Oct 24 2012, 03:55 PM)
wow when are you planning to go and how many days (I guess 8k all in can last for 12 days)?!

(please forgive me as I am so excited to see Spain + Portugal)
Tentative budget is RM8k, depending on how much my flight tickets would cost.
I plan to go in August 2013 and it should, roughly, be a 14-days trip. icon_rolleyes.gif

Serendipity123
post Oct 25 2012, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(moody5 @ Oct 25 2012, 11:32 AM)
biggrin.gif
Summer time..
How many of you will be going?
Yeah, it has to be in August as I wanted to go to the La Tomatina festival... rclxms.gif
A few of my friends are interested to go but none confirmed yet.
It's a good thing I don't mind traveling solo. LOL. tongue.gif
Serendipity123
post Oct 25 2012, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(chickyyuan @ Oct 25 2012, 11:49 AM)
Spain is a lovely city - was in Barcelona and the ppl there are very friendly!

I guess to spend in Europe cities will definitely need at least RM10K - RM20k (inclusive everything for two persons) will be more if during summer period

by the way, i just booked my flight tic to paris next June 2013! gonna do some shopping in Ldn/paris/milan!
Awesome! Paree in the summer! rclxms.gif
Which airline did you book with for your flight to Paris?
I'm still looking around for my flight to Spain. wink.gif

Serendipity123
post Oct 25 2012, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(chickyyuan @ Oct 25 2012, 12:10 PM)
I booked with MAS recently with their promotion price RM2.9k all in return flight

Consider cheap for a direct flight - albeit Qatar/Emirates/Eithad might be lower (but i doubt so since it is a summer period)

If travelling during August....the promotion/sales window to book the flight should be towards the end of the year...right?
Yeah, RM2.9k sounds good for a direct flight.
I'm not sure, I've subscribed to the relevant airlines, but so far the promotions were for immediate travel period.
If I find a fare that's a little over RM3k, I'm just gonna go ahead and book it.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Serendipity123
post Oct 26 2012, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(chickyyuan @ Oct 25 2012, 12:46 PM)
If I am not mistaken, those flight with transit to Spain/Portugal priced roughly around 3.5 - 3.8k (mostly middle east airlines)

Best is you fly into other cities (i.e. Amsterdam/Paris or London) with the ticket priced around 2.7 - 3.1k n take budget airlines...having said that few comparisons have to be carried out...
Yeah, I thought of that too. I don't mind spending a few days in London or Paris. Will see what happens.

QUOTE(moody5 @ Oct 25 2012, 03:09 PM)
biggrin.gif
oh... hahaha hopefully i can save enough money to Europe again on next year

I doubt flight tickets will be cheap for summer as summer is always the peak season!
(easily rm3500++)

I have noticed that flying to Amsterdam (via KLM) and Paris (any airlines including MAS) are always the cheaper as compared to other city i.e London and Frankfurt due to the airport tax

Added on October 25, 2012, 3:12 pm

talking about MAS, they always do Global sales around Feb for summer flights and another round of sales around mid Sept (thats the period that you booked your 2.9k flight..hehehe)
Thanks, will definitely keep an eye out for the Feb sales if I have not book my ticket by then. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(chickyyuan @ Oct 25 2012, 05:15 PM)
Its good to book early at a reasonable flight ticket and start booking the accommodation at good deal (from booking.com)

and maybe two/three months before the travel - it is advisable to book the internal train/flight tickets
Yups, I'm looking at hostels now. Man, the accommodation rates in Valencia are steep! *phew*

Serendipity123
post Oct 30 2012, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(glim5 @ Oct 29 2012, 07:33 PM)
Yeah I would. I have spent more than 10k on my travels so far but the value cannot be measured in terms of money. Some of the places were a real eye opener and learning experience.
But I dont see how some people here could spend 10k per trio. I was in Japan for a week and spent probably 3-4k all in. Same thing with Europe for 2 weeks, wayyy under 10k. I did get my direct flight with MAS to London for 1.8k and return from Frankfurt for 2.3 tongue.gif
It depends on one's spending habits. For example, some of us do not mind staying in hostels while some cannot fathom the idea of sharing washrooms with strangers. Some of us do not mind doing a DIY trip while some prefer the comfort of a tour group. And so on.

My cousin and hubby spent RM14k for a trip to Taipei last year. They went with a ground tour and bought lotsa stuffs. I was like shocking.gif . Taipei would be a RM2k trip for me. LOL.

QUOTE(aminur87 @ Oct 30 2012, 12:44 AM)
As far as i know 10k is not enough for me. so sad. plus i am very last minute plan and normally last minute plan is  the trip always on. i dont like to plan early, based on my experienced selalu tak jadi. hahahah
I like planning ahead, gives me something to look forward to. Hahaha... rclxms.gif
But I have burnt a few tickets too, due to natural disasters, medical emergencies and whatnot.
If my friends FFK me, I wouldn't mind going alone, so planning ahead has not been a problem for me. tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2020 - 03:02 AM