Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Indah Water Bills, paid by leaser or owner? Household

views

TSgrotesk
post Jan 4 2010, 09:17 AM, updated 15y ago

Getting Started
73 posts

Just want to check, I am renting a property to a person, without formal contract one la, just rent out.

The Indah Water bill, should be paid by the person who rent the house? Or by the owner?

Please share.

flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif
Amy09
post Jan 4 2010, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
279 posts

i think this has to be issue with the owner...depends la...discuss with ppl who rent ...but many years ago my house rent out for college students...everything is cover by my parent...maybe my parent charge higer a bit..i not sure
TSgrotesk
post Jan 4 2010, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

Thanks Amy,

Similar case to me, that property belongs to my dad, and he rented out to this person quite long time edi, at a very cheap price somemore, so i was thinking eith to nego for a rental increase or get him to pay the indah water bill.

Any other case?
ICDeadPeople
post Jan 4 2010, 10:29 AM

Enthusiast
783 posts

IWK bill I think is quite cheap.
For my case i bought this second hand property from this vendor. When i wanted to change Indah water bills to my name i found out that he never paid his IWK bills for the last 5-6 years, with a total of >RM500. And the IWK officer told me that if I want to change name, I have to settle the bill first. No way im going to pay for that.
brutus
post Jan 4 2010, 10:44 AM

Regular
1,716 posts

QUOTE(ICDeadPeople @ Jan 4 2010, 10:29 AM)
For my case i bought this second hand property from this vendor. When i wanted to change Indah water bills to my name i found out that he never paid his IWK bills for the last 5-6 years, with a total of >RM500. And the IWK officer told me that if I want to change name, I have to settle the bill first. No way im going to pay for that.
thought your SPA lawyer would have settled this before giving the vendor the last payment? rclxub.gif
your SPA lawyer would ask a copy of the latest water, electricity, IWK, assessment and quit rent from the vendor before releasing the final sum to them.
edyek
post Jan 4 2010, 12:56 PM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

QUOTE(grotesk @ Jan 4 2010, 09:17 AM)
Just want to check, I am renting a property to a person, without formal contract one la, just rent out.

The Indah Water bill, should be paid by the person who rent the house? Or by the owner?

Please share.

flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif
Depends on your negotiation before you rent to them.

1) Some owner pays the bill and charge the tenant higher.

2) Tenant pays. (The problem is that, when they decided not to rent the house, they will leave a sum of debt for you to clear. Which is very annoying and painstaking.)
cyberskull
post Jan 4 2010, 01:00 PM

Casual
409 posts

Its the owner responsibility.

Tenant may pay on behalf & deduct from monthly rental.

ICDeadPeople
post Jan 4 2010, 02:26 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(brutus @ Jan 4 2010, 10:44 AM)
thought your SPA lawyer would have settled this before giving the vendor the last payment? rclxub.gif
your SPA lawyer would ask a copy of the latest water, electricity, IWK, assessment and quit rent from the vendor before releasing the final sum to them.
They did, but the vendor didnt give it to them.
I thought IWK is like water and electricity bills, where you can change name easily.
brutus
post Jan 4 2010, 03:57 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

QUOTE(ICDeadPeople @ Jan 4 2010, 02:26 PM)
They did, but the vendor didnt give it to them.
I thought IWK is like water and electricity bills, where you can change name easily.
huh? what do you mean? SPA lawyer asked for it but did not get the bill? blink.gif doh.gif
then dont release the final amount to them only lor, simple!
leongal
post Jan 4 2010, 04:02 PM

~I have a new mission in life~
3,188 posts

same like renting the condo, maintenance fee is paid by the owner, therefore, indah water should be paid by the owner....
cic.lemur
post Jan 4 2010, 04:47 PM

Casual
376 posts

Safer if owner settle all the bills, especially electricity. If you search these forums, you'll see lots of cases where tenant disappeared with thousands of ringgit in utility bills not paid.

If you still want tenant to pay, make sure to check the bills regularly to make sure they are paid.
cody99
post Jan 4 2010, 07:36 PM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(ICDeadPeople @ Jan 4 2010, 10:29 AM)
What is the end result? have anyone pay the outstanding bill?
If you pay installment, u cant change the name to yours.
TSgrotesk
post Jan 4 2010, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Hm.. I think it's safer if the owner go and make payment then monitor regularly.

What is the best/better way to nego for a rental increase? Can share your experience?

techmania
post Feb 4 2010, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

What I heard if you don't pay for long time they will drag you to court then confiscated your house properties for auction to settle the bills you owe and lawyer fees.

I never see they coming to do their work in my area either in day time or even midnight. When the sewage pipe get stuck we have to endure the stench for a month before they come to fix. When come to collecting money they never miss the bills for you every 6 months...sometimes like we pay for nothing...
dvinez
post Feb 5 2010, 12:25 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

i read on some forum, got ppl say no need pay at all cos they are not authorise to charge us also...sure bo ?

btw i got outstanding around rm300 from previous owner, sien..wtf the lawyer are doing.
moon yuen
post Mar 30 2014, 12:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,293 posts

BUMP this old thread...

How to check the INDAH WATER bill ?

I think I need him to pay.. Since indah water can be waived if the house is vacant.
moon yuen
post Mar 30 2014, 12:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,293 posts

BUMP this old thread...

How to check the INDAH WATER bill ?

I think I need him to pay.. Since indah water can be waived if the house is vacant.
SUSsupersound
post Mar 30 2014, 01:49 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

What's your contract says?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM