Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel www.agoda.com, hotel booking site discussion

views

windlee
post Aug 31 2015, 08:54 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Aug 31 2015, 08:39 AM)
What amount you paid now, the amount will reflected on your statement, unless you are "Pay Later", then it is need depend on currency rate once charge
Oh.. ok.. means i pay now for RM516.. but agoda they dont make currency conversion to the overseas hotel? Would they charges the RM516 as based on that day transaction forex rate? As rates now are quite fluctuate.. btw im using hlb platinum mastercard for the payment.

Because there's a case when i paid to AIRBNB , website shows is RM1,182 then make payment is using EURO. due to the host side is using taiwan new dollar therefore they needed to have currency conversion for the payment.

sj0217
post Aug 31 2015, 09:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(windlee @ Aug 31 2015, 08:54 AM)
Oh.. ok.. means i pay now for RM516.. but agoda they dont make currency conversion to the overseas hotel? Would they charges the RM516 as based on that day transaction forex rate? As rates now are quite fluctuate.. btw im using hlb platinum mastercard for the payment.

Because there's a case when i paid to AIRBNB , website shows is RM1,182  then make payment is using EURO. due to the host side is using taiwan new dollar therefore they needed to have currency conversion for the payment.
sorry, I have no idea with Airbnb, never book through before...

I have booked with Agoda, what is the amount I paid, and what amount show on my statement. I believe the currency you selected in Agoda is already include exchange rate, if you want to be sure, you can select between USD & MYR, see whether the amount got slightly different or not
windlee
post Aug 31 2015, 10:15 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Aug 31 2015, 09:04 AM)
sorry, I have no idea with Airbnb, never book through before...

I have booked with Agoda, what is the amount I paid, and what amount show on my statement. I believe the currency you selected in Agoda is already include exchange rate, if you want to be sure, you can select between USD & MYR, see whether the amount got slightly different or not
Okay.. thanks for the info... thumbup.gif
yonghong
post Dec 2 2015, 10:38 PM

On my way
540 posts

Hi all. i just found out that my agoda membership don't have 'My rewards" options. Any idea on it? I am not able to get any rewards points when i booked any hotel via agoda. Thanks all sifu for guidance.
aromachong
post Nov 25 2016, 10:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
2,644 posts

QUOTE(yonghong @ Dec 2 2015, 10:38 PM)
Hi all. i just found out that my agoda membership don't have 'My rewards" options. Any idea on it? I am not able to get any rewards points when i booked any hotel via agoda. Thanks all sifu for guidance.
Make a new one? Mine have..
sj0217
post Nov 25 2016, 10:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(yonghong @ Dec 2 2015, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE(aromachong @ Nov 25 2016, 10:31 PM)
Make a new one? Mine have..
My partner recently has called to Agoda inquiry regarding this matter.

Agoda advice that for those who old account will be still getting reward point, the new Account has create now will be earn for miles instead, but unavailable to be earn for reward point.

westlife
post Dec 30 2016, 12:39 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Nov 25 2016, 10:41 PM)
My partner recently has called to Agoda inquiry regarding this matter.

Agoda advice that for those who old account will be still getting reward point, the new Account has create now will be earn for miles instead, but unavailable to be earn for reward point.
wow. lucky my account is old one.

i just redeemed 12500 points for $36.31 savings on my hotel booking. biggrin.gif
sj0217
post Dec 30 2016, 07:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Dec 30 2016, 12:39 AM)
wow. lucky my account is old one.

i just redeemed 12500 points for $36.31 savings on my hotel booking.  biggrin.gif
Yup me too recently just redeemed 12500 point due to expired this year
westlife
post Dec 30 2016, 09:26 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Dec 30 2016, 07:46 AM)
Yup me too recently just redeemed 12500 point due to expired this year
do u normally book room with breakfast or room only? which one is more worth it?
sj0217
post Dec 30 2016, 10:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Dec 30 2016, 09:26 AM)
do u normally book room with breakfast or room only? which one is more worth it?
Depend on location and the price.

Like BKK, I usually will compare the price between without breakfast and with breakfast, slightly different still acceptable

Some of hotels the breakfast can be cost you per person THB300-400, better book without breakfast.. haha

Malaysia Hotels usually I booked come with breakfast

Most of the time I booked with breakfast, can try it once, then only know whether is worth or not on next staying

westlife
post Dec 30 2016, 10:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Dec 30 2016, 10:04 AM)
Depend on location and the price.

Like BKK, I usually will compare the price between without breakfast and with breakfast, slightly different still acceptable

Some of hotels the breakfast can be cost you per person THB300-400, better book without breakfast.. haha

Malaysia Hotels usually I booked come with breakfast

Most of the time I booked with breakfast, can try it once, then only know whether is worth or not on next staying
I see. Yeah I also feel that it is more worth it to book the room with breakfast. Normally the price difference is indeed not too much difference. Probably it is only less than one ala carte buffet breakfast for one person price but instead if book with room the small difference can cover two persons breakfast which it is quite worth it.

Nowadays I always book with agoda, I used to book with booking.com but I realized now most of the time agoda is cheaper for the same room in same hotel. Somemore agoda can earn points.
sj0217
post Dec 30 2016, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Dec 30 2016, 10:28 AM)
I see. Yeah I also feel that it is more worth it to book the room with breakfast. Normally the price difference is indeed not too much difference. Probably it is only less than one ala carte buffet breakfast for one person price but instead if book with room the small difference can cover two persons breakfast which it is quite worth it.

Nowadays I always book with agoda, I used to book with booking.com but I realized now most of the time agoda is cheaper for the same room in same hotel. Somemore agoda can earn points.
All the while I booked with Agoda, have redeemed few times hehe

Not sure if you are aware or not, you can compare the price between Mobile Apps Agoda & website Agoda, I noticed sometime Mobile apps is cheaper than website Agoda.

Currently I do have Coupon (cash rebate instantly) for some hotels during booking, you are able to see the discount on the price list, no idea what this promo is

westlife
post Dec 30 2016, 01:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Dec 30 2016, 10:56 AM)
All the while I booked with Agoda, have redeemed few times hehe

Not sure if you are aware or not, you can compare the price between Mobile Apps Agoda & website Agoda, I noticed sometime Mobile apps is cheaper than website Agoda.

Currently I do have Coupon (cash rebate instantly) for some hotels during booking, you are able to see the discount on the price list, no idea what this promo is
ic mobile one I am not aware. tongue.gif thanks for sharing. but currently almost all credit cards have about 7% discount while accessing the specific link for the particular bank which can save quite a bit. If ur card is cash back card can even earn extra rebate for the amount paid.

Yeah. Yesterday only I noticed got this coupon thing. it seems like it is random. No need to key in anything, just login can see the instant coupon redeemed. Really a lot of discounts can get at agora. rclxms.gif
sj0217
post Dec 30 2016, 04:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Dec 30 2016, 01:07 PM)
ic mobile one I am not aware.  tongue.gif  thanks for sharing. but currently almost all credit cards have about 7% discount while accessing the specific link for the particular bank which can save quite a bit. If ur card is cash back card can even earn extra rebate for the amount paid.

Yeah. Yesterday only I noticed got this coupon thing. it seems like it is random. No need to key in anything, just login can see the instant coupon redeemed. Really a lot of discounts can get at agora. rclxms.gif
No problem, enjoy with your booking with Agoda.

I'm about to make booking for my accommodation on next year too.

Yup, I have aware of credit card discount. However, you may need to check between Agoda vs Agoda/credit card, it may still higher if using Agoda/CC discount.

Furthermore, you can have a quick look on credit card threads which can earn you rebate (credit card features)
westlife
post Dec 30 2016, 04:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Dec 30 2016, 04:11 PM)

Yup, I have aware of credit card discount. However, you may need to check between Agoda vs Agoda/credit card, it may still higher if using Agoda/CC discount.

Furthermore, you can have a quick look on credit card threads which can earn you rebate (credit card features)
ic. thanks for the tips. will try it next time, biggrin.gif
ysc
post Feb 19 2017, 09:10 PM

Enthusiast
857 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Dec 30 2016, 04:11 PM)

And if the C.card you guys use don't have that discount... Can use ShopBack.com, they give similar cashbacks as well...

Can PM me for referral link if interested, then we both get bonus cashback smile.gif
straw
post Apr 10 2017, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

removed

This post has been edited by straw: Apr 11 2017, 11:44 AM
hoiantraveller
post Aug 11 2017, 03:22 PM

0 posts

I have the same problem like that when I travel to singapore, I now after finding I can understand the error is from us.
sonypshomer
post Aug 30 2017, 07:54 PM

Regular
1,577 posts

Agoda or Trivago?

18 Pages « < 16 17 18Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:23 PM