Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

More evidence of Autoworld.com.my being a COPYCAT!

views

deeplyheartbroken
post Dec 17 2009, 06:12 PM

Enthusiast
774 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Dec 17 2009, 06:10 PM)
Yeah, this actually helps the seller. It's just that this is against Mudah.my, so are you a fan of Mudah.my?
Just a selling/buying advert site, so no particular fanship needed though.
TSWeiMeng
post Dec 17 2009, 06:15 PM

1 posts

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1263395

It's good for the seller la... but this dude actually got calls even after his car is sold!

Autoworld.com.my juz wana get traffic in i guess... Without regards on the real advertiser...
sphiroth
post Dec 17 2009, 07:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

Sorry to hear that, but I think you should clearly state your problem here first, since most of us were quite blur about what really happen. And there is also one that doesn't bother to read up 1st and the typical 'if it doesn't happen to me, it none of my problem' attitude.
Zaypher
post Dec 17 2009, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

actually you guys don't have to be that harsh on TS. He is merely conveying something he came across and decided to share with us. If that does not concern you in anyway, then it doesn't hurt to just look and leave it as it is.

We should welcome information and then evaluate it. Not personally attacking the man himself.

juz my 2 cents

sphiroth
post Dec 17 2009, 07:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

QUOTE(Zaypher @ Dec 17 2009, 07:45 PM)
actually you guys don't have to be that harsh on TS. He is merely conveying something he came across and decided to share with us. If that does not concern you in anyway, then it doesn't hurt to just look and leave it as it is.

We should welcome information and then evaluate it. Not personally attacking the man himself.

juz my 2 cents
I really don't know if TS really making this up, but I find it quite weird for AW to put down the ads that TS link in the 1st post while the same one still available at Mudah.
Zaypher
post Dec 17 2009, 07:52 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

hm...there is always this possibility that TS is making this up and trying to sabo.

Either way, just shake head and jalan smile.gif
xin
post Dec 17 2009, 08:00 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper
6,542 posts

its the same dealer, call the number to verify ..
LunaCry
post Dec 17 2009, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

I don't understand how come so many people who love to waste time saying things like it doesn't concern us???

If it doesn't concerned u then why do u read it? This is a forum, people post what they want to those who are concern to read and if there is smth wrong with it moderator will do their job.
kev da man
post Dec 17 2009, 08:54 PM

super lurker
All Stars
15,278 posts

ok la, very easy solution to this problem.

WHY in the freaking world autoworld would want to plagiarize? to get a car listing, the sellers would have to PAY autoworld or mudah to list them. by plagiarizing, autoworld would get NOTHING out of doing that.

so tell me, why would autoworld want to plagiarize?
if not, you're just a troublemaker.
sphiroth
post Dec 17 2009, 09:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

QUOTE(kev da man @ Dec 17 2009, 08:54 PM)
ok la, very easy solution to this problem.

WHY in the freaking world autoworld would want to plagiarize? to get a car listing, the sellers would have to PAY autoworld or mudah to list them. by plagiarizing, autoworld would get NOTHING out of doing that.

so tell me, why would autoworld want to plagiarize?
if not, you're just a troublemaker.
If not mistaken, posting ads in AW is free. Maybe the are posting ads to increase hits in their website to get more revenue through sponsor. hmm.gif (just guessing).

But imagine what will happen when a genuine seller posted an ads and some jokers put up a similar ads with the same contacts but with ridiculously low price. sweat.gif
mybiebie
post Dec 17 2009, 09:18 PM

Regular
1,419 posts

let it be...
LunaCry
post Dec 18 2009, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Dec 17 2009, 09:17 PM)
If not mistaken, posting ads in AW is free. Maybe the are posting ads to increase hits in their website to get more revenue through sponsor.  hmm.gif (just guessing).

But imagine what will happen when a genuine seller posted an ads and some jokers put up a similar ads with the same contacts but with ridiculously low price. sweat.gif
Yup strong reason for that.
sukun
post Dec 18 2009, 12:21 AM

Casual
471 posts

here's my exp

i advertise my car in mudah.my
then i recieve a call from someone
claiming and assking my persmission to advertise my car on their website
i cant recall whats the website
kev da man
post Dec 18 2009, 01:34 AM

super lurker
All Stars
15,278 posts

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Dec 17 2009, 09:17 PM)
If not mistaken, posting ads in AW is free. Maybe the are posting ads to increase hits in their website to get more revenue through sponsor.  hmm.gif (just guessing).

okay, while it may be true that AW might fish for hits this way, it still isn't something to be so worked up for. heck, even mototrader and that other automotive buy sell mag have some ads that are similar. what's the big deal?
sphiroth
post Dec 18 2009, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

QUOTE(kev da man @ Dec 18 2009, 01:34 AM)
okay, while it may be true that AW might fish for hits this way, it still isn't something to be so worked up for. heck, even mototrader and that other automotive buy sell mag have some ads that are similar. what's the big deal?
Its a big deal when the car already sold and you got non-stop phone call asking for it (like TS case) because there are ads still online somewhere else. nod.gif
TSWeiMeng
post Dec 21 2009, 09:57 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Dec 18 2009, 11:52 AM)
Its a big deal when the car already sold and you got non-stop phone call asking for it (like TS case) because there are ads still online somewhere else. nod.gif
And the worse thing is, the real advertiser cant remove the ads that being posted in Autoworld.com.my because they do not have an account.

It will be there till "someone" (more specifically, the person who has been copying those listings) removes it, if not forever...

silvadesk
post Dec 21 2009, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

TS, you should be careful about posting the links here and calling it copycats. Just because you stumble onto two ads that are exactly the same doesn't make AW a copycat. Maybe the seller has decided to post the ad in various websites to boost sales as what many forumers here said.

I am also NOT SAYING that you are lying. There could be possibilities that AW has been copying some ads from other websites, yet, we do not know which is a genuine case and which is not, though someone (refer Page 1) had highlighted a recent genuine case.

It is good that you have posted this info up here, but probably you should be more careful how you summarize it. Let's not SUMMARIZE based on two similar ads as a duplicate copy of the other just because it appears in both websites.

And I think that's what pissed off many forumers here. sweat.gif
LunaCry
post Dec 21 2009, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

QUOTE(silvadesk @ Dec 21 2009, 11:32 AM)
TS, you should be careful about posting the links here and calling it copycats. Just because you stumble onto two ads that are exactly the same doesn't make AW a copycat. Maybe the seller has decided to post the ad in various websites to boost sales as what many forumers here said.

I am also NOT SAYING that you are lying. There could be possibilities that AW has been copying some ads from other websites, yet, we do not know which is a genuine case and which is not, though someone (refer Page 1) had highlighted a recent genuine case.
It is good that you have posted this info up here, but probably you should be more careful how you summarize it. Let's not SUMMARIZE based on two similar ads as a duplicate copy of the other just because it appears in both websites.

And I think that's what pissed off many forumers here.  sweat.gif
I think u get some of the fact wrong here... Its not 1 or 2 picture that the TS has point out, There are tons of it...
TSWeiMeng
post Dec 22 2009, 10:33 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(LunaCry @ Dec 21 2009, 09:41 PM)
I think u get some of the fact wrong here... Its not 1 or 2 picture that the TS has point out, There are tons of it...
As i said before, there is an account name called awmumyl, that has posted more than 4000 cars..

Its not 1 or 2...
sleepwalker
post Dec 22 2009, 11:50 AM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,517 posts

This has nothing to do with cars and since you have already talked about it in the blogspot section, I'm closing this one. The next time I see another COPYCAT topic from you, I'd give you a vacation from Lowyat without any warning.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 AM